Which planet represents progress?

YonyGursho

Uranus, Jupiter, or Saturn?

Uranus represents radical change as a concept, change in general as a concept, the future as a concept.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean a future that is good; and keep in mind too that progress always = improvement.

Jupiter represents expansion as a concept and growth as a concept. It also represents glory, honors, gifts, happiness, success, and prosperity.

Saturn represents limits as a concept and work as a concept. It also represents suffering, trials, errors, challenges, sorrows, pain, endurance, and structure.

Which represents progress as a concept?

Hello,

I think the Jupiter and the Libra Venus show progress.
The Jupiter makes a "tolerant put together".
This tolerant means he do not do it very exactly.
The Libra Venus makes growing together.
And the Libra Venus is so diplomatic she mix also together the white sheeps with the black sheeps.

Some other planets are helpful.
The Uranus is able to make something very quickly.

But perhaps this "quickly" is only so quickly we are not able to see an
evoloutionary development.
This is the deeper reason Uranus stands for revolution.

What planets are definitly not making progress to the future?
This is the Saturn.
The Saturn tells the things of the past and wants to determine
that over the presence to the future.
That is the dependence of the future from the past.

The Pluto is the genetically information of the past.
The Pluto is the director that controls the influences of
the past to the future.

Jupiter and Libra Venus have their own and new thouhgts of future
and make something new against the will of Saturn and Pluto.

Best regards
norbertsco

greybeard

Jupiter is Expansion.
Venus is Assimilation.
Mars is Penetration.

So I guess Progress depends on Whether you're selling franchises, negotiating with a potential partner, or engineering a hostile leveraged takeover.

YonyGursho

Jupiter is Expansion.
Venus is Assimilation.
Mars is Penetration.

So I guess Progress depends on Whether you're selling franchises, negotiating with a potential partner, or engineering a hostile leveraged takeover.

Im not talking about natal planets. Just what the planets in general represent. I want to know which planet rules the concept of progress. Not what natal planet rules it.

wilsontc

Staff member
back to astrology, to all

all,

Please get back to astrology. If all you have to add to the thread are grammar lessons and philosophical guesses DON'T post. If you want to put in some astrology into your points, then you can post.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you talking about social progress, or individual progress?

If you mean social progress, I think it's all three of the planets you named, together.

Uranus for change, revolution, new technologies, movement of the people.

Jupiter for optimism, vision, and opportunities. Collectively, Jupiter also represents belief: social mores, religion, politics.

Saturn for structure, and for keeping progress on track. While Saturn is extremely conservative, it's a kind of conservatism that can actually be progressive. With Saturn, we understand what needs to be preserved, and get the idea of bringing back old ways if they seem to be what we need right now. For example, organic farming is very Saturnian: a return to older methods, eschewing chemical pesticides and fertilizers and genetically engineered crops, in the interests of preserving the environment and seed stocks and better food. Yet, organic farming is also a progressive movement.

Social progress requires all of those planets. It won't work with just one of them.

If you're talking about individual progress, I would pay more attention to the sun: what's transiting it, what's happening with the progressed sun. Solar arc progressions may also be useful here. A person's Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus tell us something about who and what may help them progress, but I would look at the sun first.

YonyGursho

Are you talking about social progress, or individual progress?

If you mean social progress, I think it's all three of the planets you named, together.

Uranus for change, revolution, new technologies, movement of the people.

Jupiter for optimism, vision, and opportunities. Collectively, Jupiter also represents belief: social mores, religion, politics.

Saturn for structure, and for keeping progress on track. While Saturn is extremely conservative, it's a kind of conservatism that can actually be progressive. With Saturn, we understand what needs to be preserved, and get the idea of bringing back old ways if they seem to be what we need right now. For example, organic farming is very Saturnian: a return to older methods, eschewing chemical pesticides and fertilizers and genetically engineered crops, in the interests of preserving the environment and seed stocks and better food. Yet, organic farming is also a progressive movement.

Social progress requires all of those planets. It won't work with just one of them.

If you're talking about individual progress, I would pay more attention to the sun: what's transiting it, what's happening with the progressed sun. Solar arc progressions may also be useful here. A person's Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus tell us something about who and what may help them progress, but I would look at the sun first.

So you're saying that not any one of those three planets alone represents the concept that is progress? I honestly agree. If anything, they all represent different types of progress.

greybeard

Each planet, personal or collective, travels along its ordained path. We could say "it makes progress"

We, as living beings, move along our life-path. We make progress, to a greater or lesser extent.

petosiris

Banned
The beneficent planets Jupiter, Venus and Moon are fertile and active.
The maleficent planets Saturn and Mars are destructive and passive.
The common planets Sun and Mercury cooperate with either group.

CapAquaPis

It has to be the planet with the funny name: Uranus...a planet of revolution and innovation to change humanity and the world, also the ruler of the sign known for libertine and scientific advancement: Aquarius (my sun and moon signs).

Zora

Account Closed
Uranus, Jupiter, or Saturn?

Uranus represents radical change as a concept, change in general as a concept, the future as a concept.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean a future that is good; and keep in mind too that progress always = improvement.

Jupiter represents expansion as a concept and growth as a concept. It also represents glory, honors, gifts, happiness, success, and prosperity.

Saturn represents limits as a concept and work as a concept. It also represents suffering, trials, errors, challenges, sorrows, pain, endurance, and structure.

Which represents progress as a concept?

I would call saturn's influence more as concentration and a higher focus on something- blending out personal (ego) purposes for a certain sense in life. And not as limits. And most progress I experienced in my life was due to saturn transits.

Saturn always demands and asks for concepts and structure and rules to be respected. No success in life without a good saturn. Saturn represents in body the spine and the bones- and what would our human "meat" be and going without bones and spine ?

Jupiter can also be seen as a "much more" of something- and if your health is bad in that moment -it could get much more worse with a jupiter transit. I experienced jupiter in transit once as very horrible trip I never forgot (not in health area - different) and that time he was "so nice" to take more time with a retrograde period.

YonyGursho

I would call saturn's influence more as concentration and a higher focus on something- blending out personal (ego) purposes for a certain sense in life. And not as limits. And most progress I experienced in my life was due to saturn transits.

Saturn always demands and asks for concepts and structure and rules to be respected. No success in life without a good saturn. Saturn represents in body the spine and the bones- and what would our human "meat" be and going without bones and spine ?

Jupiter can also be seen as a "much more" of something- and if your health is bad in that moment -it could get much more worse with a jupiter transit. I experienced jupiter in transit once as very horrible trip I never forgot (not in health area - different) and that time he was "so nice" to take more time with a retrograde period.

I agree Saturn is concentration and structure and rules. Which is only because Saturn is limitations and sufferings. But at the same time, saturn's influence brings about maturity and growth because limitations and facing problems forces us to grow stronger.

Jupiter is about ignoring structure and rules and concentrations and maturity (all things Saturn) for the sole purpose of expansion, fun and freedom. Thats jupiters theme.

Uranus is about ignoring structure and rules and concentration and maturity but for the sole purpose of CHANGING the rules to more socially acceptable and socially advanced rules.

CapAquaPis

Leaving out modern or outer planets like Uranus out of the picture, Mercury is relative to progress, science, innovation, communication and even astrology.

Hello,

I think the Jupiter and the Libra Venus show progress.
The Jupiter makes a "tolerant put together".
This tolerant means he do not do it very exactly.
The Libra Venus makes growing together.
And the Libra Venus is so diplomatic she mix also together the white sheeps with the black sheeps.

Some other planets are helpful.
The Uranus is able to make something very quickly.

But perhaps this "quickly" is only so quickly we are not able to see an
evoloutionary development.
This is the deeper reason Uranus stands for revolution.

What planets are definitly not making progress to the future?
This is the Saturn.
The Saturn tells the things of the past and wants to determine
that over the presence to the future.
That is the dependence of the future from the past.

The Pluto is the genetically information of the past.
The Pluto is the director that controls the influences of
the past to the future.

Jupiter and Libra Venus have their own and new thouhgts of future
and make something new against the will of Saturn and Pluto.

Best regards
norbertsco

I agree with JUPITER and LIBRA :smile:

Humanitarian

All 3 planets can represent progress, but in radically different ways (Uranus and Jupiter are less different, both and Saturn are more different)

Uranus is revolutionary change/progress (example: queer movement, transgender movement, anarchist movement, transhumanism, et cetera)

Jupiter is evolutionary change/progress (exapmle: feminism, Marxism-Leninism, starseed communism, 5Dism, 5D ascension movement, New Age movement, et cetera)

Saturn is preservationary change/progress (example: environmentalism, Christian anarcho-communism, anarchism, neozapatismo, et cetera)

Additional planet for progress: NEPTUNE (can be described for spiritual progress, kinds of progressive movements that are simultaneously revolutionary and preservationary at the same time, like Solarpunk anarchism, Bookchin Anarcho-Communalism, anarcho-communism, et cetera).

Salvator Mundi

Collective progress: Uranus, Neptune , Pluto and their transits to signs.
1.Uranus transit in Taurus brought about cryptocurrency.
2.Uranus transit in Capricorn brought about relaxation of economic rules (from protectionism to liberalization ) in India which affected the rest of the world too.

On a personal level psychological progress is highly individual in each of us and is shown by the nodes of the Moon and its rulers. Also the phase of your Moon will reveal your sensitiveness to these nodal nudges.

Awareness of where progress is to be made may come easier when:
1. Sun is same sign as NN ruler
2. NN conjunct AC, MC
3. Moon not too close to Sun (either waxing or waning). In other words, Moon receiving plenty of 'light'
4. Dignified, exalted nodal rulers.

On the contrary progress may be harder to grasp when NN ruler is hidden away somewhere in the 12th and afflicted or so or when the SN ruler has too high visibility/ access to angles.