Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Rudi, I did not understand the truth you were speaking when you said that Christians and the culture of your country would struggle to have sex outside marriage. I also did not realise that Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country.

“Millions may risk jail as Indonesia to outlaw sex outside marriage”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...il-Indonesia-outlaw-sex-outside-marriage.html

“Woman flogged in Indonesia for showing affection in public.”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pain-flogged-having-sex-outside-marriage.html

I’m sorry Rude-meister, have a big huuuuug from all of us here :)

Ukpoohbear

Pluto holds that title in the Greco-Roman pantheon, which I'm using in 12/12 to help discern the nature of the Sign-rulers.
Saturn is tropical Age Lord in 12/12, ruler of the mundane world.
In the early Roman Catholic Church, Saturn was equated with the Hebrew angel Satan, who originally served as God's prosecutor, but (according to the Church) went off on his own, and became known as "Prince of this World". In this version, Satan usurped Hades, formally the realm of Pluto, and uses it to torture those whose souls he steals: "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?" -{Mark 8:36}

Good quote. Why did you choose the Greco-Roman path? Is it because it’s an earlier version or is it a kind of natural intuition that seems to fit the truth more?

david starling

Good quote. Why did you choose the Greco-Roman path? Is it because it’s an earlier version or is it a kind of natural intuition that seems to fit the truth more?

Astrology is a Greek word, and the planets are all named for deities in the Roman pantheon, derived from the Greek. That was during the tropical Age of Sagittarius, which afforded enhanced visionary abilities of an "astral" sort. It's also when astrology as we know it today actually developed. In some cases, the earlier Sumerian and Egyptian religious imagery from which the Greeks borrowed provide additional information. Two examples of this are the Sumerian version of Venus (Inanna/Ishtar) during the latter part of the tropical Age of Libra, and that of Pluto (Ereshkigal and Osirus) during the early stages of the tropical Age of Scorpio. Makes sense that those earlier cultures would have a deeper understanding of the Age-rulers Domicled during their own times.

david starling

Any thoughts on Moon transiting fixed stars? If there is an effect, is it in the collective dimension more than the individual?
I cast a horary chart for a personal question with Moon at 29'41":pinched:

I haven't really incorporated the stars in my readings yet. Regulus and Algol stand out, though. Have you been using them and seeing good correlations?

conspiracy theorist

Successful professional outcomes have also been correlated to the Gauquelin sectors of the chart, which happen to fall just behind the angles (in the cadent houses, 12th and 9th in particular)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect
http://www.astrology-and-science.com/g-hist2.htm

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Wozniak,_Steve

A man and life which vindicates this pattern. Also has Sun conj. Pluto which the modern siderealists refer to as the "man of genius".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3OcY37GOAA

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

On top of his off-the-charts engineering/technical genius, he seems like a genuinely nice guy - That prominent Cancer Moon-Venus conjunction is really apparent in his personality. Water Grand Trine of Mars-Uranus-Jupiter is striking to me and seems relevant in his intuitive grasp of technological mechanics, when you hear him speak about how he was in the early days, he made everything he did related to technology sound like child's play, like a literal child at play. The Mercury-Saturn conjunction in Virgo as chart ruler is moot.

Sometimes I don't see Pluto working at the level of personality/self-expression (e.g. it makes you intense, brooding or whatever) but it acts as a sort of force-multiplier not perceivable except through actions/outcomes - someone who as a young adult had the know-how to call the pope using technological esotericism is a powerful individual, no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:

david starling

On top of his off-the-charts engineering/technical genius, he seems like a genuinely nice guy - That prominent Cancer Moon-Venus conjunction is really apparent in his personality. Water Grand Trine of Mars-Uranus-Jupiter is striking to me and seems relevant in his intuitive grasp of technological mechanics, when you hear him speak about how he was in the early days, he made everything he did related to technology sound like child's play, like a literal child at play. The Mercury-Saturn conjunction in Virgo as chart ruler is moot.

Sometimes I don't see Pluto working at the level of personality/self-expression (e.g. it makes you intense, brooding or whatever) but it acts as a sort of force-multiplier not perceivable except through actions/outcomes - someone who as a young adult had the know-how to call the pope using technological esotericism is a powerful individual, no matter how you slice it.

The Woz isn't nearly as famous as he should be. Even a lot of the younger techies don't know who he is, or what he contributed to the internet. He got some flak for crediting LSD regarding one of his most important discoveries. Now he denies it.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Tech is no doubt lucrative these days so a lot of people get into it because of the money and not the love, hence little publicized people (comparatively) unfortunately get short shrift. It's only in recent times that Tesla has really become a presence in the collective mind, for the kind of things that he was said to be responsible for. With Wozniak, really see the dichotomy between his Leo Sun + Pluto and his Virgo Rising + planets there.

david starling

So much flak is fake news. Flakking around is such human nature, speech is fallen for its capacity to destroy what it doesn’t yet comprehend.

How are you this Sunday, David?

The Woz just wants to live a fun, controversy-free life. He's not a "political animal", or a spokesman for a turbulent cause. A man of peace.

Tough week! Today is about recovery, then back-at-it. In years past, the Sun in Leo and Virgo stretch has always been stressful for me, given my basically Aquarian/Piscean makeup. Sun goes into Libra in a few hours.

david starling

When it comes to what are known as "Dignities" in Traditionalistic astrology, I concentrate on those in 12/12. When it comes to "Debilities", I try to understand the ways, if any, in which a particular placement is what I would call "less than optimal".
For example, Sun in Aquarius. If we designate the Sun as having a strong effect on"ego", that would mean it's less about ego in Aquarius, which could be seen as a good thing. Same goes for a placement being Exalted versus in its "Fall"--there may be an advantage that comes along with it.
What I'm saying is, Dignities and Debilities have to be considered carefully, regarding the good and bad effects in each case. It's not that the first is necessarily all good, and the other all bad.

Last edited: