Mars in Detriment = More competitive

M

may28gemini

That's funny you say you and your friend do sports activities together because my friend and I do that. The combo of our energies together always create a lot of movement. Although it's Aries Mars job to initiate what to do, it's Taurus Mars job to make it happen and keep it going. She will come up with a billion things to do and I always make everything happen. She's always impressed that I know how to maneuver so well on the material plane and I've always liked her impulsive craziness to get into everything.

I think out of all the debilitated Mars signs, Taurus lacks initiative but in all other areas of energy, being goal oriented, confidence, competition, fighting, etc. it functions very well and can have effective energy that rivals the more traditionally dynamic Mars signs.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

What I have noticed with Mars in detriment is that it seems to act more competitively.
Any planet, even though in his detriment or fall, can be supported or strengthened by being in one of their lesser dignities such as their own triplicity, term or face. The final ten degrees of Libra are in the Terms of Mars - but otherwise Mars in the first twenty degrees of Libra is not only in detriment but is also Peregrine :smile:

FionaP

Hey, I have Mars in Cancer and apparently this makes me less competitive? Ha! Tell that to my family when we were growing up....
Something that is pretty cool about my Mars in Cancer is
that I really really REALLY like swimming and I swam for my
high school team too. It wasn't something I wanted to pursue
professionally because I'm not sure I was good enough for the
national team. But I'm a major fan of Phelps and he has his
Mars in Cancer too! Perhaps I should have went for it after all
huh? :tongue::pinched:

Perfect thread!

I am Cancer sun 5th house, Taurus Moon and Mars 2nd house, also Eros in Taurus and Fortune in Taurus also 2nd house.

Taurus mars is not a good placement in regards to expression of the planet when dealing with anger, i know all too well how much damage we can do when really angered and it's frightening, it won't matter how big you are when a Taurus mars is going off the rails, we have unbelievable stamina and power, we don't let up and it's relentless.

However it's incredibly rare to get a Taurus Mars into this state which is a good thing.

The best way to deal with this is to start working out, perhaps take up sport or compete competitively, i do this mentally through a video game known as Counter Strike, i also work out though i have stopped for a few months.

A video or two of me playing.

Notice how i'm not fast or that assertive? it's intuitive and reflexes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7fQGzVh55k

Taurus Mars will end up at the top or very close to because anger drives us, it's not even a conscious thing, we are incredibly physical, we are the 5 senses, well me emotionally too as my moon is Taurus too.

Now if you want something done fast, yeah we are the wrong guys, in defence i am a brick wall and a force to be reckoned with, but if i use it assertively and above my own speed i tend to not be as effective, this is in regards to anything.

I hope this was much more descriptive of a Taurus Mars.

Also an a great video on Taurus Mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMu3k2uoP6Q

Last edited: