The Law of Attraction - Real or Insane?

Vyri

Banned
Ascendant is conjunct Spica as well the Moon function in the chart. The Ascendant is in the Via Combusta also The Ascendant near Spica suggests the querant and the topic of the question are relevant and helps to make the chart radical. Spica augurs the great opportunity ahead.
Frawley states: Spica is generally fortunate. It is a strongly protective fixed Star, so is an indication that even if things don't work out as desired the consequences will not be so bad. Where the scales appears in the chart indicates some proper balance is needful to realize some benefit or good augur. If a significator or house cusp (especially the ascendant) is conjunct Spica the house it represents will be affected "you." The Ascendant is in the Via Combusta also speaking of some quandry as to knowing which venue to seek. Because the Moon in this chart is conjunct Spica (saving grace) I consider the topic of the question is relevant and makes the chart radical.
The sextile of the Sun and Moon speak of the timing of within 1 month should the querent seek the opportunity it might be only weeks possibly 3 to 4, an offer for creative growth. Spica grants the position and indicates a most sought for prize ahead. Coming up in the Ascendant is the topic of the opportunity.
Also: Mars and Venus is the individual's significator(s) and will be forming the trine to Uranus (Uranus is the higher octave of Mercury and serves the mental springboards that will help you achieve-because of his influence now. Uranus rules the 10th house (the chart unturned) of careers. Look at Venus whom is also trining Uranus albeit she is retrograde. In some detriment she may register an opportunity also.

Consider the Moon making the opportunity aspect to the Sun. The later part of Aries is rising giving Tauus as secondary ruler, ruled by Venus. Trining Uranus offers up an easy opportunity.
Mars is in term of Mercury and the face of Saturn, both significators of work and career. The radical chart unturned 10th.
Ascendant near Spica a happy fixed state, an upbeat state of mind suggests the querant and the topic of the question are relevant and helps to make the chart radical. Querant will benefit by Astrological insights.:smile:

muchacho

There is a paradox in the Law of Attraction, called the law of paradoxical intent. If you ask intensely and with all your forces something, the universe will give you the opposite.
I think you may be confusing something here. You'll manifest what's most active in your vibration. If you focus purely on one thing, then that's what's going to manifest. However, if you are needy and coming from a place of lack, and try hard to overcome it, then lack is what's most active vibrationally, and that's what's going to manifest.

God never said 'struggle for what you want' or 'work hard for it'.
Exactly. Blood, sweat and tears are all optional.

Last edited:

muchacho

My goodness! Thank you all for such thoughtful and thorough responses. I've enjoyed reading through everyone's thoughts on this.

I'm very curious about something. In my chart I have a mutable T-Square. My Moon tightly squares Saturn conjunct Uranus in the 1H and Mars in the 7H. I've been told by a astrologers multiple times that worry and negative/self-deprecating thoughts will essentially be a struggle for me, but that I must overcome them.

Connecting this to your thoughts on LOA, I think it makes perfect sense that there are no "loser" charts (lol) and that everyone has an equal opportunity to realize success and happiness in his/her life. Would I be correct in saying that if LOA is the mechanism by which that is achieved, certain astrological aspects may point to difficulties for the native to employ LOA? (i.e. If one is already prone to worry and negative thinking, they will take longer to materialize success and happiness because it will be difficult to for them to visualize it.) Does that make sense?
What the natal chart is pointing out is your natural inclinations, the easy route so to speak. It also describes your basic mental framework. What I have noticed is that 'problematic' aspects aren't actually problematic for the native, they are just problematic for the people around the native. :lol:

Another question for you, lol. What do you believe the purpose of the prebirth intention or trajectory is if karma doesn't play a role?
Don't get me wrong. The basic karma concept is pretty accurate. What's not accurate about the karma concept is it's moral implications and when it is taken literally, i.e. 'eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth', that's not how it works.

Can you elaborate on this a little? Why, if you concentrate and are focused on what you want, will the Universe deliver the opposite? Doesn't that go against LOA?
Yes, it's utterly illogical if you phrase it that way. But the way Heidi phrased it, it includes struggle and resistance. And then it actually makes sense.

Last edited:

heidy26

Can you elaborate on this a little? Why, if you concentrate and are focused on what you want, will the Universe deliver the opposite? Doesn't that go against LOA?

Nope, it doesn't. That is the trick of Law of Attraction and what the paradox of manifestation is all about.
As you already know, there are people out there who are successful and don't struggle at all. Money, happiness, good things come to them and we don't know why.
Well, those people are naturally manifesting the LOA, perhaps they aren't even aware they are doing it and if you ask them how they do it, they don't actually know. And they don't struggle, they don't work hard, they sleep well and they are gifted with everything they want !
But what about the rest of us, the ones who are not born with this manifestation gift ?
You have to ask for what you want. God said 'ask and you shall receive'. But you have to know how to ask for what you want.
Those natural manifestation talents know how to ask.

Last edited:

heidy26

I think you may be confusing something here. You'll manifest what's most active in your vibration. If you focus purely on one thing, then that's what's going to manifest. However, if you are needy and coming from a place of lack, and try hard to overcome it, then lack is what's most active vibrationally, and that's what's going to manifest.

As I recall, I did say that positive thinking is required for manifesting.
But too much focusing on one thing will never bring you that thing, it will push it miles away.
Let's give a practical day-to-day example which sums up all I have said until now:
Let's say you are in love with a woman. Veeeery much. And you want to make her want you, you want to be in her arms, be in her dreams, in her thoughts, the reason she is happy. And let's say you send her flowers, you ask for her number, you make yourself a clown, you try to find out more about her, talk to her friends, try to talk to her.
But she keeps saying no. And each effort you put into seducing her, it pushes her further away to the extent of considering you a weirdo and a stubborn stalker.
So eventually, after trying and trying and asking God and sweating and being sad, you finally give up. You resign and wish her to be happy.
And after a period you do that...she comes running to you and tells you she was wrong and she loves you too and you ask yourself how did this happen and 'why now?!'.

Now...this is a frequent example. Happening to all of us.
Hope it enlightens you. :)

muchacho

As I recall, I did say that positive thinking is required for manifesting. But too much focusing on one thing will never bring you that thing, it will push it miles away.
Yes, you said that. And it's a misunderstanding as I've already pointed out. The rule is 'ask and it's given', there's no willpower or positive thinking required. You only have to think about what you want once and it will come about as long as you don't contradict it.

Let's give a practical day-to-day example which sums up all I have said until now:
Let's say you are in love with a woman. Veeeery much. And you want to make her want you, you want to be in her arms, be in her dreams, in her thoughts, the reason she is happy. And let's say you send her flowers, you ask for her number, you make yourself a clown, you try to find out more about her, talk to her friends, try to talk to her.
But she keeps saying no. And each effort you put into seducing her, it pushes her further away to the extent of considering you a weirdo and a stubborn stalker.
So eventually, after trying and trying and asking God and sweating and being sad, you finally give up. You resign and wish her to be happy.
And after a period you do that...she comes running to you and tells you she was wrong and she loves you too and you ask yourself how did this happen and 'why now?!'.

Now...this is a frequent example. Happening to all of us.
Hope it enlightens you. :)
That's what I was telling you in my previous post. Applying willpower means there's resistance. The more you try and apply, the more resistant you become, the more you will delay manifestation. As soon as you release your resistance, the path is cleared and manifestations can start flooding in effortlessly and 'magically'. It's called Law of ATTRACTION for a reason, it's about attracting and allowing, not about going out and making things happen. You are not the orchestrator of things, LOA is.

However, your example is about co-creation. And co-creation is a rather complex subject. There's no guarantee that she will love you as soon as you cleaned up your act. The only guarantee there is that you will experience the essence of what you desire as soon as you allow it. That could be her if she is also allowing it or someone else of a similar vibe. It wouldn't make any difference to you in terms of experience. You are the creator of your reality. You cannot create in someone elses reality, there is no assertion, there is only influence. In your example, you tried to assert yourself into her reality. And that shows a misunderstanding of how things work. All you can do is influence others, but you cannot attract for others, because what everyone attracts depends on what they do with their focus and thoughts and you have no control over that. So you can only influence others as long as they give you their attention. As soon as they withdraw their attention from you, your influence is gone.

Last edited:

heidy26

Yes, you said that. And it's a misunderstanding as I've already pointed out. The rule is 'ask and it's given', there's no willpower or positive thinking required. You only have to think about what you want once and it will come about as long as you don't contradict it.

Positive thinking is required, because fear, insecurity and bad scenarios revolving around what you want will not bring you anything. Will make LOA seem a fairytale.
But positive thinking is just a part of it, not everything.

That's what I was telling you in my previous post. Applying willpower means there's resistance. The more you try and apply, the more resistant you become, the more you will delay manifestation. As soon as you release your resistance, the path is cleared and manifestations can start flooding in effortlessly and 'magically'. It's called Law of ATTRACTION for a reason, it's about attracting and allowing, not about going out and making things happen. You are not the orchestrator of things, LOA is.
You said [and I quote]:
'Exactly. Blood, sweat and tears are all optional.'
No, blood, sweat and tears are not to be included at all in the LOA process.
If they are optional, then we are not talking about Law of Attraction.

However, your example is about co-creation. And co-creation is a rather complex subject. There's no guarantee that she will love you as soon as you cleaned up your act. The only guarantee there is that you will experience the essence of what you desire as soon as you allow it.

My example is purely creation. Think of it this way: if asking for someone's love purely and deeply enough, you will get it. But the process is not as you think it is: that person won't magically fall, you will become the perfect person for the other to fall.
And this is creation.

SunningBee

During some of the time that I have been without work I settled my mind and visualized working at the perfect concern, it seems to have energized my life's purpose to attract positive results. Being in accord with the universe all things considered-with the vibrations in the universal scheme of things-looking at the energies in the heavens-these activities helped me to accomplish.

So sorry it took me a few days to get back to you Vyri. I actually had to look up what a Horary chart was :andy: - I've never heard of this before, lol, so I found your post a little confusing at first.

Thank you SO much for kind words and for casting the chart! I have been trying different techniques to uplift my mood and keep myself energized, which it seems is something that has helped you in the past. I do feel much better than I did at the time of writing the OP and a lot more hopeful and in control of my life again.

SunningBee Have you a prospective concern in mind? When the coming trine by Mars and Uranus will arrive maybe you will have work by then, not just any work but the hearts desire should you consider the positive visualizations with of course the effort to obtain it, not that you are not already trying.

I have specific things in mind that I would like to do. I don't have a specific job title in mind or a company that I'm currently focused on - what I want to do is a bit more "modern" I think, which I'm thinking is why I haven't found the right fit yet. I'm also hoping to work with a mentor/or someone that can guide me along my career path, so I've been focusing on that as well.

Sunning Bee are you considering working from home? I realize you mentioned doing part time work and volunteering but the chart seems to suggest work from home is a great resource.
Vyri

I have considered working from home in the past and have done small, freelancing jobs on the side for extra cash, but I'm finding that I personally like having some place to go and people to work with on occasion. It's a little lonely being at home all the time, lol. I'm currently looking for positions in which I can be independent/have a lot of flexibility, but don't have to stay at home.

Frawley states: Spica is generally fortunate. It is a strongly protective fixed Star, so is an indication that even if things don't work out as desired the consequences will not be so bad. Where the scales appears in the chart indicates some proper balance is needful to realize some benefit or good augur....Coming up in the Ascendant is the topic of the opportunity.

SO encouraging. Thank you! Are "the scales" the sign of Libra? If so, it looks like its on the 12H and the AC (you). Does this mean that if I try to bring balance to matters of the 12H it will benefit me in my search for work? Just curious - remember, this is very new to me ;)

I'm really grateful for the time and effort you put into this on my behalf - and it sounds like good things might be on the way for me! :D Very encouraging. THANK YOU

muchacho

Positive thinking is required, because fear, insecurity and bad scenarios revolving around what you want will not bring you anything. Will make LOA seem a fairytale.
But positive thinking is just a part of it, not everything.

You said [and I quote]:
'Exactly. Blood, sweat and tears are all optional.'
No, blood, sweat and tears are not to be included at all in the LOA process.
If they are optional, then we are not talking about Law of Attraction.

My example is purely creation. Think of it this way: if asking for someone's love purely and deeply enough, you will get it. But the process is not as you think it is: that person won't magically fall, you will become the perfect person for the other to fall.
And this is creation.

I don't think you are hearing me. So let's recap:

1) Everything is vibration and what we call our world is just an interpretation of vibration.

2) The ordering principle that keeps things running smoothly and is responsible for why things happen as they happen is LOA ('like attracts like'). Which means LOA is not some kind of tool that can be applied or not at your convenience. Like gravity, you cannot turn it off, LOA is always on, no matter if you like and understand it or not.

3) There is only attraction and no assertion. The rule is 'ask and it is given'. Whatever you can conceive you can also manifest as long as you are not contradicting it. And absence of contradictory thoughts doesn't mean the presence of affirmative thoughts.

4) The things, people and circumstances that show up in your world are always a perfect match to your general point of attraction (i.e. your state of being).

5) Your state of being depends on what you do with your attention/focus. If you focus on lack, you will vibrate lack and attract lack. If you focus on abundance, you will vibrate abundance and attract abundance. If you focus on both, you will attract both.

6) Since you can only be in charge of your own focus and attention, this means you cannot attract for others because what others attract only depends on their point of attraction and not your point of attraction. Which means you cannot be responsible for what happens to others and others cannot be responsible for what happens to you.

7) Although there is no such thing as assertion, and no one else but you can create in your reality, it is still possible to influence others as long as you've got their attention because your point of attraction is synonymous with what you focus upon, and as long as they focus upon you, you can indirectly direct their focus. But as soon as they withdraw their attention from you, your influence is gone. And you have no control over that.

So, to address your points:

No, positive thinking isn't necessary for the day to day manifestations that make up the bulk of your life, like getting a glass of water, getting your car keys or finding something to eat. I don't make positive statements of intent before I get myself a glass of water, and I don't think you do either and still get your glass of water. You only need positive thinking for desires that are contradicted by some of your beliefs.

As we've already explained, LOA is not a tool. So what we are talking about here is not LOA, what we are talking about is deliberate creation that is in alignment with LOA. And that is the realm of instant manifestations.

Your example involved another creator. That's why it is called co-creation. And co-creation is a little more complex than just manifesting an ice cream. And it's not the other that answers your request, what happens is that you are in alignment with your own desire and then LOA will match you up with the significant other one that is also in alignment with that desire. You don't have to go begging and no one is falling for anyone. It's just two deliberate creators in alignment with their own desires.

I hope that was clear enough.

graay ghost

The law of attraction is not only factually wrong but morally wrong, as it hardens one's heart to the sufferings of those around them.

I see everywhere people who have so little, with those around them pointing to them and saying that they have little because they simply do not want hard enough, or are somehow otherwise inadequate, and completely disregard circumstance and chance and the fact that we are not all equal in health, even at birth. These sorts of people will toss out the ideas of positive affirmations and "law of attraction" but the fact is that they will usually refuse to offer anything other than lipservice because they believe you undeserving because you are not coddling their egos -- this is what the law of attraction really is, ego-coddling.

If you want something, you will have to fight for tooth and nail with bloodyminded determination. You will have to wear fake masks to convince people that you are grateful for deals that are bad for you and give you meager toeholds. You may have to go through a lot of suffering to get what you want, and you may not win, but the fight may be worth it.

Don't give up. I just request that when you finally make it to the top, to be kind to those who do not have as much as you for whatever reason. :smile:

ALRESCHA

The worst time to post, the best time to think and post about LOA, the Moon is squeezed.

It is real. It doesn't work if you try to get things.

I would say words and thoughts have energy, vibrate, like Muchacho said, like everything else, and that is why it works.

There was a time when I understood the meaning of this on another level. What it comes down to for me is a great seer's Our thoughts determine our lives: Our life depends on the kind of thoughts we nurture. If our thoughts are peaceful, calm, meek, and kind, then that is what our life is like. If our attention is turned to the circumstances in which we live, we are drawn into a whirlpool of thoughts and can have neither peace nor tranquility.

But it stopped working for me even though I didn't change those qualities of my thoughts (I didn't attract what I emitted anymore). So I don't think it is all-powerful. Some things are as above (I personally find comfort in that).

What makes the difference is how we perceive the world. If we understand how everything is an opportunity, then we make things happen. Then we look back and see it wasn't a problem, but a blessing.

You've gotta want it.

muchacho

The law of attraction is not only factually wrong but morally wrong, as it hardens one's heart to the sufferings of those around them.

I see everywhere people who have so little, with those around them pointing to them and saying that they have little because they simply do not want hard enough, or are somehow otherwise inadequate, and completely disregard circumstance and chance and the fact that we are not all equal in health, even at birth. These sorts of people will toss out the ideas of positive affirmations and "law of attraction" but the fact is that they will usually refuse to offer anything other than lipservice because they believe you undeserving because you are not coddling their egos -- this is what the law of attraction really is, ego-coddling.

If you want something, you will have to fight for tooth and nail with bloodyminded determination. You will have to wear fake masks to convince people that you are grateful for deals that are bad for you and give you meager toeholds. You may have to go through a lot of suffering to get what you want, and you may not win, but the fight may be worth it.

Don't give up. I just request that when you finally make it to the top, to be kind to those who do not have as much as you for whatever reason. :smile:
Be careful with your conclusions. The absence of morality does not mean the presence of amorality. You are projecting something into this that doesn't belong there.

heidy26

So, to address your points:

No, positive thinking isn't necessary for the day to day manifestations that make up the bulk of your life, like getting a glass of water, getting your car keys or finding something to eat. I don't make positive statements of intent before I get myself a glass of water, and I don't think you do either and still get your glass of water. You only need positive thinking for desires that are contradicted by some of your beliefs.

As we've already explained, LOA is not a tool. So what we are talking about here is not LOA, what we are talking about is deliberate creation that is in alignment with LOA. And that is the realm of instant manifestations.

Your example involved another creator. That's why it is called co-creation. And co-creation is a little more complex than just manifesting an ice cream. And it's not the other that answers your request, what happens is that you are in alignment with your own desire and then LOA will match you up with the significant other one that is also in alignment with that desire. You don't have to go begging and no one is falling for anyone. It's just two deliberate creators in alignment with their own desires.

I hope that was clear enough.
No one said LOA is a tool, that's why i gave that example with natural manifesting persons.

You cannot attract both lack and abundance at same time. You either attract one, or the other.
If you say LOA is constant attraction, how can you think it only manifests in the areas where your dreams are contradicted ? There is no such thing. LOA is manifested all the time, whether you want a glass of water or an ice cream. If you don't make positive manifesting intents about these things, it doesn't mean it won't work, that's a different subject.
Regarding the positive thinking, you are a contradicting yourself. If you don't need positive thinking, why do you need positive intent manifestation ?
Negative thoughts must be replaced by positive thoughts in all the areas of your life, not only in the ones your desires are contradicted by some beliefs, as LOA is a surrounding permanent channel. It doesn't work only in some areas, but not in the others, even if I am repeating what I said several lines above.

Regarding the creation act example, that was just an example. I already said that begging and struggling won't work and I also said that is not co-creation. Like I said, LOA works only for you and the situations it creates makes you the perfect person, in all the domains.
You are what you attract. LOA only molds you to the situation, so yes, you will be the perfect candidate for a job or for a someone, not the job or the someone will magically want you.
LOA breaks the unhappy chain of unsuited attractions, partners, jobs, situations, occasions, etc.

It happened to me just last week, it was raining and I created an intent thought about the weather, I had to go to an interview and had no umbrella. Guess what ? LOA responded; it made me forget about the rain and walk into it to reach for my interview. Things were not bad: I wasn't a mess at all when I got there [even if it was raining pretty hard], I was perfectly happy and everything went well.

This is LOA; it's about attitude that is reflected and this is what creates the response in others, that is why it is called manifestation law, you manifest yourself. You create the reality.
The way you ask what you want is crucial, but yet, simple.

To sum up, I don't want to convince you of otherwise. LOA works for me and this is how I see it. If it works for you the way you are explaining it, that's great, but let's give the others a chance to manifest LOA in whatever way they want to; they will choose from our posts and apply it in their own manner.

knowhow999

I am a nearly 65 y/o Nurse. I have always been a loving person and very spiritually connected. I have shown Love and Light throughout my professional career to the patients and families I have worked with.
I have always felt a deep connection to the DIVINE. In all my life, whatever I asked of God, I have received. Everything of significance I have been given. Prayer is the manifestation of the Law of Attraction in a very powerful way. Prayer is the movement of loving energy on the earth plane.
The deeply needed and powerful events of my life where I evoked the assistance of the Divine to manifest for me----have always come. The Law of Attraction used in a LOVING MANNER is powerful and very real.

Blessings

muchacho

No one said LOA is a tool, that's why i gave that example with natural manifesting persons.

You cannot attract both lack and abundance at same time. You either attract one, or the other.
If you say LOA is constant attraction, how can you think it only manifests in the areas where your dreams are contradicted ? There is no such thing. LOA is manifested all the time, whether you want a glass of water or an ice cream. If you don't make positive manifesting intents about these things, it doesn't mean it won't work, that's a different subject.
Regarding the positive thinking, you are a contradicting yourself. If you don't need positive thinking, why do you need positive intent manifestation ?
Negative thoughts must be replaced by positive thoughts in all the areas of your life, not only in the ones your desires are contradicted by some beliefs, as LOA is a surrounding permanent channel. It doesn't work only in some areas, but not in the others, even if I am repeating what I said several lines above.

Regarding the creation act example, that was just an example. I already said that begging and struggling won't work and I also said that is not co-creation. Like I said, LOA works only for you and the situations it creates makes you the perfect person, in all the domains.
You are what you attract. LOA only molds you to the situation, so yes, you will be the perfect candidate for a job or for a someone, not the job or the someone will magically want you.
LOA breaks the unhappy chain of unsuited attractions, partners, jobs, situations, occasions, etc.

It happened to me just last week, it was raining and I created an intent thought about the weather, I had to go to an interview and had no umbrella. Guess what ? LOA responded; it made me forget about the rain and walk into it to reach for my interview. Things were not bad: I wasn't a mess at all when I got there [even if it was raining pretty hard], I was perfectly happy and everything went well.

This is LOA; it's about attitude that is reflected and this is what creates the response in others, that is why it is called manifestation law, you manifest yourself. You create the reality.
The way you ask what you want is crucial, but yet, simple.

To sum up, I don't want to convince you of otherwise. LOA works for me and this is how I see it. If it works for you the way you are explaining it, that's great, but let's give the others a chance to manifest LOA in whatever way they want to; they will choose from our posts and apply it in their own manner.
You've misunderstood my example and are drawing erroneous conclusions from there. It would take a text wall to correct those misconceptions again. And I don't see the point because obviously you are not listening. So, never mind. :kissing:

Last edited:

heidy26

You've misunderstood my example and are drawing erroneous conclusions from there. It would take a text wall to correct those misconceptions again. And I don't see the point because obviously you are not listening. So, never mind. :kissing:

Then you should have written it in a different way if you wanted it to reflect different things.

I am listening, it's just that you are trying to correct my view and that's not what you should do. Like I said, if you want to talk, then do it, but don't push your beliefs on others.

retinoid

LOA works, however, the way it is taught such as writing a goal and repeating it every day and visualizing it and believing it already happened does not work IMO. Or if it does, it will not work consistently.

True LOA is essentially being a conscious participator in your life and world. Nobody will be able to go from obesity to having a nice body with not exercising ever or eating poorly.

However, use the law of attraction in conjunction with a little effort on your part to demonstrate to the universe a change in consciousness and action (karma) and see how effortless things become.

muchacho

LOA works, however, the way it is taught such as writing a goal and repeating it every day and visualizing it and believing it already happened does not work IMO. Or if it does, it will not work consistently.
LOA can only be understood from a vibrational point of view. From an action point of view it seems inconsistent at times. From a vibrational point of view it's always consistent. The vibe behind the action is what's important, not the action itself. If your vibe is consistent, then the signal you are sending out is consistent and so what you get back is also consistent even when the action you offer is inconsistent.

retinoid

LOA can only be understood from a vibrational point of view. From an action point of view it seems inconsistent at times. From a vibrational point of view it's always consistent. The vibe behind the action is what's important, not the action itself. If your vibe is consistent, then the signal you are sending out is consistent and so what you get back is also consistent even when the action you offer is inconsistent.

What do u mean when your vibe is consistent and the signal is consistent

waybread

Just a slight reality check, folks.

1. There are limits to the LOA. I'd enjoy being in my 20s again for a while, or re- living parts of my life differently, but this isn't going to happen.

2. Astrologically, it is easier to ride the horse in the direction it's going. What are your particular talents? Are you in the career of careers for yourself, in the sense of your vocation in life?

3. God's plan. (However you define divinity.) Haven't you ever not gotten what you really, really wanted-- only to realize later that things worked for the best the way they actually turned out? What are you on the planet to learn and to teach? Just possibly your jobless spell will make you a blessing to someone else you meet in the future who is demoralized by unemployment.

4. Not blaming the misfortunate. I have actually read astrologers who assumed that if a woman were raped, she must have attracted it to herself. (And no, this isn't the old, "What was she wearing, or did she stupidly put herself in a dangerous situation?" kind of trope.) All kinds of rotten things happen to people, notably to little children who are not old enough to take the advice given above. (Graay ghost's point.)

Sunning Bee, it's absolutely OK to go after what you want. A job isn't going to magically fall into your lap if you do not get your application out the door. It's OK to ask someone in your field to look over your resume and make sure it represents you in a strong light. If your applications require accompanying confidential letters of reference, make sure your referees are solidly supportive. If you haven't been looking beyond your current location and are at all mobile, you may need to consider moving to where the jobs are. If you can freelance or do part-time work in your field, that is better than sitting it out for a protracted period. If you can take an on-line or local college course in your field now, that is better than having a blank space on your c.v.

And good luck with your applications.