Calculating love affinity

fullmoonlibra

I'd like to know on what the calculator on astrotheme.com is based.
It's a calculator between two birth charts, so it's not only the sun signs which are compared.

But still.. I think it's a stupid pop - astrology thing that gives a number to your relationship. Am I right or does it really represent the general affinity of relationships, comparing two birth charts (without taking ascendant into account!)

Brea

Id have to agree. Even with AMAZING planetary aspects between the two of you, it's just a latent potential that has to be activated/recognized energetically by the two before it becomes apart of your reality with eachother. Alot of calculators I was personally curious about took ALL aspects into consideration (even if they were an 8 orb). I guess like any computer, it isnt capable of real intelligence in looking at all the dynamics/the big picture

wintersprite1

Premium Member
One of the biggest problems I have had with calculators is that some aspects and house placements are not considered. I have a Tsquare that is not considered... Sun in Cap, Moon in Can, and Jupiter in Aries. So, the calculators only see squares and an opposition to Libra, but many of my friends, my daughter, an ex husband, boyfriends, father are all Libra Suns or Moons, I seem to enjoy them as the balance out with a grand cross. This same aspect has calculators saying I should avoid my own Sun sign and Moon sign because of the opposition and the squares to Jupiter. In the same vein, points are then given for someone else with a conjunction to my luminaries from theirs :surprised: A grain of salt should be taken with calculators. Astrothemes also points out that the angles are not taken into account and the scores may be higher. I love the site, it says Johnny Depp and I would rock!

Claire19

I dont go with the number thing. It is too cut and dried and there are many aspects that make for affinity between people. Sometimes it is karmic debt and lessons to be learned and of course not always positive.
Those that stay together always have strong Saturn ties, even challenging ones.

fullmoonlibra

29%
Perhaps it would be better to reconsider your relationship, which is very unlikely to last, because the unpleasant moments may predominate over the nice ones, as time goes by. Enjoy the present without making too many plans for the future. If the relationship demands excessive energy and adjusting, don’t get too upset. A great deal of courage is needed, if you are to travel a long distance together. It is more unlikely that your relationship is successful, although it is not an unavoidable fate. It is up to you to decide, without dramatizing things!

Come on, you don't talk this deterministic!

fullmoonlibra

One of the biggest problems I have had with calculators is that some aspects and house placements are not considered. I have a Tsquare that is not considered... Sun in Cap, Moon in Can, and Jupiter in Aries. So, the calculators only see squares and an opposition to Libra, but many of my friends, my daughter, an ex husband, boyfriends, father are all Libra Suns or Moons, I seem to enjoy them as the balance out with a grand cross. This same aspect has calculators saying I should avoid my own Sun sign and Moon sign because of the opposition and the squares to Jupiter. In the same vein, points are then given for someone else with a conjunction to my luminaries from theirs :surprised: A grain of salt should be taken with calculators. Astrothemes also points out that the angles are not taken into account and the scores may be higher. I love the site, it says Johnny Depp and I would rock!

I have a T square too, with moon libra, mercury aries, neptune/mars capricorn, and I keep meeting people with planets in Cancer.
My husband has Cancer Moon in my 11th house!

StillOne

I just checked it and it gave my last relationship an 80%.
Your relationship is very smooth, and few things are likely to harm your fundamental harmony. We could even say it is pretty remarkable, not far from being exceptional... Sometimes, but in really rare occasions, and rather owing to elements that are external to your personalities, some frictions can occur, but in the majority of cases they will be solved easily. It is undoubtedly an extremely encouraging index for your continuation, you can really go for it: happiness is within your reach!
Unfortunately this relationship was not very smooth at all. This relationship was plagued by Moon and Ascendant issues in synastry. So calculator results like these have to be taken knowing that you have to look a bit deeper when you finally get the actual times. I suppose it can possibly show "potential"....

fullmoonlibra

ME Aspect HE Orb/Value
Sun Trine Mercury 2.46 130
Sun Trine Mars 2.25 96
Sun Trine Neptune 1.13 77
Sun Opposition Pluto 0.49 -78
Mercury Sextile Jupiter 1.48 59
Venus Opposition Saturn 1.39 -69
Jupiter Opposition Sun 3.01 -86
Jupiter Square Uranus 0.21 -108
Saturn Sextile Jupiter 0.44 60
Neptune Trine Mercury 0.56 68
Neptune Conjunction Neptune 4.54 45
Pluto Sextile Mercury 1.15 51
Pluto Square Jupiter 1.58 -67
Pluto Conjunction Pluto 3.12 54
* 640 -408 232

Inter-planetary aspects

These concern the possible relationships between two charts: especially the emotional relationship , but also those on the social, intellectual and spiritual levels.

130 Trine Sun - Mercury

Positive aspect: Good understanding between the two persons and intellectual interests in common, the same type of curiosity. They are made to go well together, to appreciate each other.

-108 Square Jupiter - Uranus

Negative aspect: An unfavorable union, nothing in common.

96 Trine Sun - Mars

Positive aspect: Pure sexual attraction will unite the couple. They will have an ideal partner. They will be energetic, full of life and can undertake things together on the professional level or travel together on adventurous, unpredictable journeys.

-86 Opposition Sun - Jupiter

Negative aspect: While they get on well when they first meet, sharing the same ideas and tastes, with the years their ideas change and they do not develop in the same way. They will no longer understand each other and could split up because they no longer love each other, have nothing more in common.

-78 Opposition Sun - Pluto

Negative aspect: A great physical attraction will unite the couple, but these relationships are not healthy. Pluto tries to change the Sun, which is not at all appreciated, and this leads to sometimes violent conflict.

77 Trine Sun - Neptune

Positive aspect: They will be greatly attracted by each other, not necessarily physically. With the problems of everyday life, this love will vanish and each will no longer understand what they found so attractive in the other.

-69 Opposition Venus - Saturn

Negative aspect: Unfavorable union, as it will be very difficult for a Venus to put up with a Saturn who is too austere, cold, hides their feelings and puts Venus ill-at-ease.

68 Trine Mercury - Neptune

Positive aspect: Good spiritual understanding.

-67 Square Jupiter - Pluto

Negative aspect: A union to be avoided at all costs, it can only be destructive and dangerous.

60 Sextile Jupiter - Saturn

Positive aspect: A favorable union, a joyful family life, thanks to Saturn, this couple will never go lightly into any adventure but will work out and think through everything.

59 Sextile Mercury - Jupiter

Positive aspect: An ideal couple, prosperous, happy, good intellectual understanding, great confidence in each other, a successful family life.

51 Sextile Mercury - Pluto

Positive aspect: Favorable union.

astro11

Id have to agree. Even with AMAZING planetary aspects between the two of you, it's just a latent potential that has to be activated/recognized energetically by the two before it becomes apart of your reality with eachother. Alot of calculators I was personally curious about took ALL aspects into consideration (even if they were an 8 orb). I guess like any computer, it isnt capable of real intelligence in looking at all the dynamics/the big picture

Calculators of any kind to assess compatibility are severely limited and can be misleading. If it is a serious relationship leading into marriage, one should make an appointment with a professional astrologer so that all aspects are integrated and environmental circumstances taken into account. This way you can have an accurate preview of the real dynamics of the relationship and be prepared rather than be surprised when the truth sets in! Even if it is a relationship you are merely curious about, your personal effort at analyzing is likely better than the calculator because you can modify and weigh the aspects accordingly. It is important to remember that the chart shows potential and people must actively work on their relationships, otherwise the most promising relationships will fall apart.