England UK

ptolomy

It appears to me that over recent years there is one consistent weather feature that is on the increase in the UK and that is more rain,We have always been known for rain here,But with the advent of global warming rainfall appears to be on the increase,especially large downpours leading to flash flooding.Its like we are developing new seasons,Maybe we are developing a monsoon season?
Its hard to imagine the whole of England being submerged though as its quite a hilly country and even has mountains approaching 2,500 feet in more northern areas closer to Wales.Thats an epic flood,Not very likely except by factors like asteroids?
Its quite scientifically acceptable that London will have serious flood defence problems before the end of this century,The city already has a flood barrier on the Thames which is stretched.Infact most cities around the world will be in a similar predicament as many are built by the sea or rivers for trade purposes and it is acknowledged scientifically that world sea levels will rise approximately 1 meter by the end of the century,maybe more as the poles appear to be melting quicker than originally predicted,Also as a consequence of fresh water ice melt in the Arctic meeting the north Atlantic conveyor or gulf stream ,which traditionally warms the water off of the west coast of the UK,but now as a result of the melt water stopping this action,It is expected that in the future when the conveyor switches off due to this meeting of hot and cold making the gulf stream switch off,the climate in the UK is expected to get colder and could become similar eventually to parts of Canada on the same latitude as the UK.
If anything is certain about the weather in the UK at the moment,It is apparent without doubt that it is changing,and getting wetter.

chei star

Hmm this seems very general esp because he just mentions England when Scotland and Wales are obviously part of the same Island...

Totally submerged in water? This could just be heavy flooding like we have every single year it seems or it could be a natural disaster like everyone in this thread seems to be assuming..

Mandy

This is one of the guy's recent facebook status':

"How many people know that the largest continent on Earth is actually under water? Well if you didn't know that, you wouldn't know that it is re-emerging from the sea, a little more everyday... That simply confirms that the Earth is changing it's axis a little more everyday!"

Either way, we certainly are experiencing more of this flooding. As ptolomy says, London probably will run into difficulty. When the Thames is on a high tide, cars parked by the river in Putney are under water (e.g., http://www.putneysw15.com/default.asp?section=info&page=contides.htm).

But in respect of any general predictions about "northern Europe" being submerged under water, as piercethevale flags, I assume that the UK could be spared since what is considered as "northern Europe" are massive parts of Scandinavia, also. Who knows. Nevertheless, flooding is a serious issue here. I wonder why the government are not fortifying these dams and gaining more control over the problem. Every year it gets worse.

junoisuppose

I expect everyone in the UK has seen floods on the news over the last weekend, after 4 days of torrential rain. These are especially bad as they have flooded some places for the second time in 7 weeks, and have breached new so called water-tight flood defenses.
The weather forecasters showed a map of the flood warnings - and they covered every county of England and Wales, plus one in Scotland! So he was right - the whole of England is underwater! These latest floods started when venus in scorpio made a trine to neptune in pisces. I have noticed that trines do seem to feature a lot in disasters.
This is enough to make me believe in this man's predictions.

chei star

Mandy,It looks like your anonymous friend was right about England being flooded,The region is getting the worst flooding for a long time: http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2012/nov/26/best-uk-flooding-pictures-of-the-day

Yes the flooding is bad here in England.. but come on, this is England, we make a huge deal out of the tiniest bit of snow.. we are not exactly the country of extreme weather..

But yes your friend was definitely right in the context of some heavy flooding, but it has been happening at some point every year for as long as I can remember.. we even had some flooding during the summer just passed.

kimryu

I am relocating from London to Cambridge, I wonder which place would flood first. It may be against common sense, since I would live lower above ground level in Cambridge than London, but then, I have compelling reasons to get there.

JUPITERASC

According to multiple media articles including British newspapers :smile:

A group including an Indian businessman and a Bollywood actress
are mounting a legal bid to force Britain
to return the Koh-i-Noor diamond from the crown jewels to India.

Lawyers are instructed to begin proceedings in England's High Court,

in a move timed to coincide with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Britain this week.
Modi heads to Britain on Thursday and will have lunch with Queen Elizabeth II during his trip,
as well as hold talks with his British counterpart David Cameron.
Satish Jakhu, of the Rubric Lois King law firm,
was quoted as saying they would claim under the common law doctrine of "trespass to goods"
arguing that Britain had stolen the stone, one of the world's biggest diamonds.
They are also seeking to take the case to the International Court of Justice in The Hague, he added.