QUINTILES REVEALED: Learn how your Quintiles can positively affect personal image

Moulin

Regulus Rising said:
Moulin-- give me your Natal info and I will give you an in depth- description on your Quintiles. I've done this many times before and will do it again...only if you promise that you'll both write and publish a book by TOMORROW. Hahaha jk! Sooo birth info plz?

hahahahahahahahahahahahah and NOT by tomorrow, right? lol
I was an absolute nightmare at school. so defiant and l have the attention span of a gnat! you will see why when you pull up my chart. I was brilliant at being funny though and my wit was as quick as anything so l would out wit the teachers.

wow thanks Regulus :)
I have to say that you have really got me thinking about this creativity thing. You have popped a seed-pod in my head.. :)

my DOB is 26th April 1968. 5.20am London, UK
my chart is very crazily concentrated as you will see!! :D

Have a great day wherever you are!

Last edited:

The_Sundance_Kid

Heehee, *Sundance Kid jumps onto the Quintile Bandwagon, playing a banjo with some hay between his teeth*

Experiences with Quintiles:

I have a confusing aspect configuration now:

Houses 1-3 have a random splay of planets I always thought were the leftovers of my 12th house stellium. Overspill, culminating in Mars and Jupiter near the IC. But now I've discovered a more exact pattern to all of them, mainly focused on Mars.

Mars in third house in Aquarius, but Aquarius is intercepted.

Mars squares the sun in Scorpio in the 1st
(a planet which in traditional rulership it ruled)
Mars quintiles Saturn in the 1st
(a planet which in traditional rulership would rule it, and which rules
the third house)
Mars sextiles Uranus in the second house
(planet which in modern rulership rules it)

I might think it plays out this way. People are under the impression that I work very hard, and am dilligent, and think quite consistently. This thinking is intense and Scorpionic, as well as serious and Saturnine.

However deep down (and I know it) I think very erratically, I act very erractically and my work ethic can be questionable. My future career will involve alot of discipline and hard work, and I think I have given the impression that I am capable of this, but my frustrated Mars energy will find it difficult to express its spontaneity.

Difficult to resolve, the sun Mars square, and moreso with a quintile!

My other under 2 degree orb quintile is Ascendant quintile MC but I would imagine this is a popular aspect, and am not sure if one can interpret it as I'm not sure if these points can aspect each other. At most it might show my MC and Asc to be integrated from the point of view of others?

My wider quintiles (orb of 3 degrees include Jupiter Neptune, and Mercury to Virgo MC.) Will let you know...

The_Sundance_Kid

Conclusions:

Hmmmmm, I think the quintiles I have described fit in well with the themes of my chart. But I would only know this if I studied quintiles last. I would not have understood if I had studied them at the beginning. So I think quintiles should be the last of the aspects to be interpreted, although they do seem to be pretty useful. Still interested in the orb though- I think maybe 3 for applying and 2 for separating? (That gives a total of 5...)

Also, I was wondering why it is that you might associate quintile energy in particular to a divide between self image and perception by others. Even stranger to think that a quintile is incapable of being fake. I acknowledge I can work hard and do, but I still think my more erratic side is not seen by others, so it does feel as if I am pretending when I use my Mars-Saturn quintile. And sometimes it is downright wrong- I am no long distance runner, no physical endurance. But maybe with a fire and air sign it is intellectual and character endurance, and I have that to some degree. But either way, why would a quintile, be associated with assymetrical perceptions of the self viz others?

The creativity association I think comes from the Leo, the 5th sign, being associated with the 5th harmonic. In the same way Gemini is said to give the sextile an intellectual slant. But I am not so convinced by this kind of analogy, as I don't see why we should start with Aries and base our aspects on Arian relations to the signs.

To other astrologers the nature of a type of aspect is not based on any one sign. For instance the square relates to being three signs apart, having a common quality but not the common element. The trine relates to having the common element. In this way the quintile is elusive. It is the only harmonic that is not a multiple or factor of 12, so it does not fit easily with sign placements. It naturally falls into the sextile sign placements, which are defined by being of the same polarity.

Maybe this is why the quintile is not only associated with creativity (Leo) but also with genius. It is an aspect that does not fit into any other boxes. If this were so, and the aspect energy was based on not fitting into boxes, then I might expect there to be a strong linkage between the quintile and quincunx, which also falls outside the box by being outside normal polarity, element or quality relationship. The number 5 is also relevant here, so this might be just as creative. Quincunxes have only one link to the establishment, and that is they can be correlated to specific sign relationships. It is much more difficult to do this with quintiles as the signs might often cross over from sextile to square. But generally the sextile signs dominate, and one would have to interpret quintiles as evolved sextiles to make any sense of sign placement.

So two questions: why is the quintile aspect related to assymetry in perception (is this purely something picked up from experience? If so I might be inclined to give a shout out to Rogue Red's comments about placebos etc.) and what would the relationship between a quintile and a quincunx be?

windwispers

can quintiles be linked to sexual mindset or heightened curiosity about sex... especially since they are related to the fifth house? i'm still trying to decipher my birth chart in a way that will allow me to answer my questions about why i was such a sexually curious kid. This is one thing about myself i have not been able to figure out. i was tuned into sex (dreamed about it, wanted to do it, pretended with dolls, roll played etc.) as early as the age of five. i have a quintile between pluto in scorpio and venus in capricorn.
i also have a quintile between my ascendant and uranus, and mars and my moon.

any ideas?

The_Sundance_Kid

Hey windwispers, I certainly was tuned in to the erotic aspect of sex from a young age I think 5, and I had learned this from films and television, but I didn't know about the function and more explicit parts of the sexual act until I was 10. It was certainly a part of my awareness and childhood, and I've always attributed it to Venus-Pluto in the 12th house- being aware of sexual undercurrents in society.

Your energy seems more active, so I would naturally attribute it to Pluto-Mars. But note the variety possible- I picked up on the social undercurrents because of the 12th house... what house do you find your Pluto or Mars in? What planets are dignified in your chart? Etc etc... Or maybe your 5th house ruler is in aspect to Pluto?

I'm not sure if it is the quintiles in particular that creates this energy, it might be found in the signs and houses, with the quintiles simply bringing it up?

windwispers

i understand how you could think it was the media and television that did the intiguiging, but my parents were extremely strict (religious authoritarian type) and wouldn't even let me watch kissing on screen until i was eleven...they made sure to hide everything, but i caught on anyway thanks to disney.. lol... and my own obeservations. i actually learned the full details of the act when i was seven in second grade.

i'm not really positive what to attribute it to... there are no other aspects to my pluto other than a sextile between saturn and itself, which is generational. my pluto is in the first house and mars is in saggitarius, second. no aspects are made between my mars and pluto other than a minor decile, with this interpretation:
Your physical and psychological conditions are intertwined. When the chemistry is right you are superhuman and unstoppable. You have strong desires and physical needs and a fearless persistence and determination to get what you want. You are motivated by satisfaction. You can be quite willful and obsessive in the pursuit of pleasures. You can learn to be dynamic and courageous without being cruel, brutal, and sadistic. Be forceful and friendly and you can accomplish plenty. To get respect, learn to administer your authority fairly.

You can enjoy some vigorously intense love play and power plays and combine the two. You experience very powerful and passionate energies. Sexual energy exchanges will transform you, your life and your lifestyle. You are motivated by passion and deep commitment to people and causes.

anyway...i'm still puzzled.

waybread

Moulin said:
I agree Waybread. In what way do you think that a planet quintiling or bi-quintiling a stellium has it's affect? i have this and am curious about your view.

Planets that are conjunct are "joined at the hip", and any planet that makes a close aspect to them will probably be felt by both members of that pair or by all the planets in a stellium. Typically even if the lead or trailing planets in a stellium are out-of-orb with that other aspecting planet, their midpoints will be involved. I think what a quintile does in such a configuration is to point to that "outside" planet as being key to understanding one's quintile nature. It has a finger in the whole stellium's pot, so to speak; and each of the planets are going to add their energies to its nature. According to conventional interpretations of quintiles, you would esp. look to that planet as key to understanding one's special talents that are combined with some determination to manifest them.

To me there is something fairly Plutonian about quintiles anyway, and I have read charts of a few sun quintile Pluto people who were really out to make their mark.

But Reg has your birth data now, Moulin, and seems to have a different take on quintiles.

waybread

windwispers said:
can quintiles be linked to sexual mindset or heightened curiosity about sex... especially since they are related to the fifth house? i'm still trying to decipher my birth chart in a way that will allow me to answer my questions about why i was such a sexually curious kid. This is one thing about myself i have not been able to figure out. i was tuned into sex (dreamed about it, wanted to do it, pretended with dolls, roll played etc.) as early as the age of five. i have a quintile between pluto in scorpio and venus in capricorn.
i also have a quintile between my ascendant and uranus, and mars and my moon.

any ideas?

I would think this is a possibility, notably if any of these planets are in your 8th house. I would see the 5th as more related to casual love affairs (it's the "party" house) whereas intense sexuality seems more related to the 8th.

windwispers, I really hate to stir up a tough issue where none may exist, but sometimes sexually precocious kids were exposed to overt sexuality by adults, either through witnessing their activities, or even by being the target of sexually inappropriate behaviours. If this didn't occur in your childhood, please just ignore my comment here. But if it did, then psychotherapy or further inquiries into your chart may move it beyond quintile aspects.

I have also recently been looking at an aspect called the quindecile, of 165 degrees, promoted by astrologer Noel Tyl and one of his students. It seems to be an aspect of obsession and driving passion. Maybe one to consider.

windwispers

waybread,
it's alright that you brought up what you did, but i happened to naturally be a very sexually preoccupied kid; i was never exposed to any inappropriate sexual behaviors by any adults. i happen to be one of the few people who were strange enough to have carnal desires as a child, that were not brought on by a perverted experience.

i actually have no planets at all residing in the fifth or eighth house of my chart. my first instinct was to look for aspects between pluto and venus, but there are none, aside from the quintile. other than the aspect between these two planets i really can't attribute this characteristic to any other placement/aspect in my chart... maybe other than pluto in the first house...? idk

i will checkout your quindecile theory.
thanks

Last edited:

R4VEN

OK, I've read all the posts on this thread, and am suffering a little from information overload.

Firstly I acknowledge the significance of the 5th harmonic, and that it makes sense to explore it and bring it to its rightful place.
In A Spiritual Approach To Astrology, Myrna Lofthus writes about quintiles as: Shows in what manner you may succeed in linking your inner and outer being. Ability to transform environment. That I think I understand.

Now, I have an unaspected Mercury in Leo in 7th which is in opposition to my Capricorn Ascendant, and quintile my Libra Midheaven. This would indicate someone who wishes to make their mark through speaking, writing, communicating, performing(????? - with Merc in Leo - have been there & done the performance thing, and am way over it!)

I've certainly always expressed my ambitions using words - teaching, singing, song-writing, lecturing - but none have truly satisfied, so am still searching. Have even tried writing novels - have written around 3, or is it 4? - all still on my computer; I found that to be an empty exercise, almost devoid of meaning.

People who meet me for the first time have said that I communicate in a very dramatic way.

Am I on the right track here, because to understand my own quintiles is the first step I feel?

My son has Jupiter - in gemini in 7th - quintile Saturn in Leo in 10th. He has had great difficulty in finding his direction in life, but has just begun working in as a sales assistant in a shop which sells incense and crystals, and crystal jewelry, and books on mysticism and magik. He loves it. The job has no pressure at all, as the owner's goal is for the sales staff and the customers to have an enjoyable experience. It's perfect for my son, as he has difficulty with all the usual saturnian stuff about working and making money.

Last edited:

Night Sky

I am with you on the Quintiles Regulus. And they are surely of greater potential and power than what seems to be the usual case, what seems to be on the whole ignored.

There does seem to be one aspect missing from your list though:

Semi-Quintile is 72 divided by 2 = 36 degrees.

Which coresponds to the Trine´s half: Sextile

And the Opposition´s half: Square

What Quintile aspects do you have?
Mine are Mercury Q Virgo Ascendant... something that I have taken some time to really take on, but it is there.

Jupiter BQ Saturn
Mercury SQ Pluto
Scorpio Pluto BQ Descendant and SQ Ascendant... this actually is the tightest aspect of all. Orb factor is Zero minutes.

What do other people see about me that I don´t see then? Pluto and Mercury Ascendant... Guess I need to let other people tell me.:)

The_Sundance_Kid

Hey Night Sky, I would not imagine the semi-quintile to be very strong. The square is half of the opposition, but the opposition is also the aspect of the 2nd harmonic, while the square is derived from the 4th. Likewise the trine pertains to the 3rd harmonic, and the sextile to the 6th. Now while there is overlap, if the general consensus is that the lower the harmonic the stronger the influence, then the 4th, 5th and 6th harmonics would generally have much weaker half-aspects. For instance the semi-square would be of greater importance than the semi-quintile, which would barely be greater than the semi-sextile.

So we would have

Harmonic Aspect Half aspect
1 Conjunction ??? Opposition?
2 Opposition- Square
3 Trine------ Sextile
4 Square---- Semi-Square
5 Quintile---- Semi-Quintile
6 Sextile----- Semi-Sextile

If we go down to the 6th harmonic in primary aspects (6x1), then one would think maybe we should go down to the third harmonic for half aspects (3x2) for some sense of harmonic propriety :p This would make us stop at the sextile on the second column. Now I'm not a die hard believer in this, just playing devil's advocate.

Last edited:

waybread

R4VEN said:
OK, I've read all the posts on this thread, and am suffering a little from information overload.

Firstly I acknowledge the significance of the 5th harmonic, and that it makes sense to explore it and bring it to its rightful place.
In A Spiritual Approach To Astrology, Myrna Lofthus writes about quintiles as: Shows in what manner you may succeed in linking your inner and outer being. Ability to transform environment. That I think I understand.

Now, I have an unaspected Mercury in Leo in 7th which is in opposition to my Capricorn Ascendant, and quintile my Libra Midheaven. This would indicate someone who wishes to make their mark through speaking, writing, communicating, performing(????? - with Merc in Leo - have been there & done the performance thing, and am way over it!)

I've certainly always expressed my ambitions using words - teaching, singing, song-writing, lecturing - but none have truly satisfied, so am still searching. Have even tried writing novels - have written around 3, or is it 4? - all still on my computer; I found that to be an empty exercise, almost devoid of meaning.

People who meet me for the first time have said that I communicate in a very dramatic way.

Am I on the right track here, because to understand my own quintiles is the first step I feel?

My son has Jupiter - in gemini in 7th - quintile Saturn in Leo in 10th. He has had great difficulty in finding his direction in life, but has just begun working in as a sales assistant in a shop which sells incense and crystals, and crystal jewelry, and books on mysticism and magik. He loves it. The job has no pressure at all, as the owner's goal is for the sales staff and the customers to have an enjoyable experience. It's perfect for my son, as he has difficulty with all the usual saturnian stuff about working and making money.

R4aven, it's hard to say without seeing your chart, and without knowing your education, work experience, &c. to date, but just a few things you might consider:

1. If Mercury is in your 7th, communicating in a one-on-one type of encounter might suit you best. This might be something like communicating with a partner/spouse, tutoring, a professional-client relationship, and so on. I note that the 9th house is usually associated with the law, but since the 7th can also be the "house of open enemies" I think sometimes a lawyer-client relationship or prosecutor works well here, too.

2. The "7th chord" energy here should be reinforced by your Libra MC! I note also Libra's scales of Justice.

3. I work a lot with "accidental" house cusp rulers, in which their placement by house and aspects adds a lot more information. So w/ Cancer on your DC, and Libra on your MC, the positions of the moon and Venus should say something about how to activate your Mercury/MC potential.

R4VEN

waybread said:
3. I work a lot with "accidental" house cusp rulers, in which their placement by house and aspects adds a lot more information. So w/ Cancer on your DC, and Libra on your MC, the positions of the moon and Venus should say something about how to activate your Mercury/MC potential.
Thanks for your input, waybread. Am tertiary educated, former schoolteacher, and have lectured at a community college, also tutored 13-yr-olds in Maths . No longer interested in any kind of `formal' or structured work, and work I have done is my past and doesn't express Me in the present - and am getting too old for the work-place game anyway. Have a tertiary qualification in counseling also.

And in answer to your comment about DC & MC rulers...........
I have Moon in Cancer in 6th exactly squaring MH................and my moon also squares a Mars/Neptune conj in 9th house, both conj MH.
And Venus early in Cancer in 6th conj Uranus late in Gemini in 5th (or 6th, depending on house system used - I use Koch, so Ur is conj 6th house cusp in 5th)

Hope this makes sense.

EDIT: I notice waybread, that you mentioned the law........................
The law as a profession bewilders me - too many lies - but an interesting aside is that my son is currently embroiled in access issues in relation to his 3-yr-old son. The child's mother's parents appear to be running things, even though the mother's lawyer (thru Legal Aid) is meant to be representing her, and not the parents. I support my son in his `quest', but often feel that my tongue has been cut out, as there is no (legal and proper) avenue for me to speak and have my say and give my opinion about what's going on!!!!! Just thought I'd mention it because I really hate not having an outlet for truthful speech, and the other grandparents seem to be creating trouble where there is none, and ultimately the child will be the one who suffers.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_r4ven_hp.19787.10561.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_r4ven_hp.19787.10561.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Night Sky

The_Sundance_Kid said:
Hey Night Sky, I would not imagine the semi-quintile to be very strong. The square is half of the opposition, but the opposition is also the aspect of the 2nd harmonic, while the square is derived from the 4th. Likewise the trine pertains to the 3rd harmonic, and the sextile to the 6th. Now while there is overlap, if the general consensus is that the lower the harmonic the stronger the influence, then the 4th, 5th and 6th harmonics would generally have much weaker half-aspects. For instance the semi-square would be of greater importance than the semi-quintile, which would barely be greater than the semi-sextile.

So we would have

Harmonic Aspect Half aspect
1 Conjunction ??? Opposition?
2 Opposition- Square
3 Trine------ Sextile
4 Square---- Semi-Square
5 Quintile---- Semi-Quintile
6 Sextile----- Semi-Sextile

If we go down to the 6th harmonic in primary aspects (6x1), then one would think maybe we should go down to the third harmonic for half aspects (3x2) for some sense of harmonic propriety :p This would make us stop at the sextile on the second column. Now I'm not a die hard believer in this, just playing devil's advocate.

Yep, that´s a nice table you have got down there Sundance. The semi-Quintile is probably somewhere between the semi-sextile and the semi-square.

But if your orb factor is precise then you ought to still have a powerful aspect.

Mine is Pluto SQ Ascendant with an orb error close to 0 minutes. But the Biquintile it makes to the exact opposite degree Descendant is something that I notice more.

Regulus Rising

OK-- let me do some brief interpretations here:

Moulin--
When I see the quintiles involved in your chart (I'm looking at Neptune quintile Moon, Venus, and Asc, correct?) I see this dreamy-like quality that just easily rubs off you. Also, since your Neptune is in Scorpio, it's deeply incorporated into the way you present yourself. Weird side question, but do you have blue eyes? Typically, I spot a girl with much Scorpio in her chart by a particular kind of intense glassy blue eyes (e.g. Megan Fox, who must be Scorpio Asc)...and although you're an Aries rising (and maybe this is going out there, but hear me out anyway) if you DO have blue eyes, than since Neptune in Scorpio is your "quintile master" in the chart, and since it quintiles your Asc-- perhaps whatever quintile-like qualities you possess are easily reflected through whatever people tell you about your eyes. Because if you have the Scorpio-like eyes, than that means that these quintile characteristics (with Neptune being in Scorpio) have been very embedded into even the way that you look with your eyes at things-- which is a sort of a dreamy compassionate and understanding-like tone. A very wisdom through beauty tone. In other words, define your eyes and you're already on the path towards defining your quintiles! Of course, I could be wrong about your eye appearance...in which case I'm wrong altogether hahaha. But if it does apply to you, does that make any sense or have I lost you completely?

Entrevisions--
First off, you have North Node conjunct the Ascendant. Very nice! My Dad has the same thing. Leadership comes naturally to you. As far as your quintiles, I'm looking at Saturn quintile Uranus, Venus quintile Neptune, Moon quintile Venus, and Moon biquintile Neptune, correct?

Saturn quintile Uranus is very congruent with the rest of your chart, which is very efficient and trustworthy to get things done. People see your ability to stay on task and get things done. Very congruent with your Mars trine Uranus.

Here's where everything else gets interesting though.

Through all of the "efficient and reliable do it now" elements in your chart, there's also a very confident, laid back, creative air about you. Your Venus quintile Neptune gives a compassionate and almost romantic vibe to your personality.

Also, Moon quintile Venus and biquintile Neptune help to add onto this Venus/Neptune connection, where you look like you feel internally this Venus/Neptune connection. A very nice set-up!

To give you a better understand, let me explain my chart a bit. I have alot of downright silly and playful energy. Leo Asc, Gemini sun, Sag moon. But I have quintiles that also make me seem very durable and work-oriented (Mars quintile Sun, Mars quintile Saturn, and Saturn biquintile Sun). Suprisingly, when I'm in my work mode, people think that I'm a completely serious person, somber of any excitement in my life almost! Anyways, your quintiles sort of balance out your leadership qualities along with a compassion/romantic element that people see within you. I don't know if you find this to be an element of your life, but there's also the possibility of people being able to trust you because your skill to really connect with them somehow...as if it was almost natural.

Moulin

Regulus Rising said:
OK-- let me do some brief interpretations here:

Moulin--
When I see the quintiles involved in your chart (I'm looking at Neptune quintile Moon, Venus, and Asc, correct?) I see this dreamy-like quality that just easily rubs off you. Also, since your Neptune is in Scorpio, it's deeply incorporated into the way you present yourself. Weird side question, but do you have blue eyes? Typically, I spot a girl with much Scorpio in her chart by a particular kind of intense glassy blue eyes (e.g. Megan Fox, who must be Scorpio Asc)...and although you're an Aries rising (and maybe this is going out there, but hear me out anyway) if you DO have blue eyes, than since Neptune in Scorpio is your "quintile master" in the chart, and since it quintiles your Asc-- perhaps whatever quintile-like qualities you possess are easily reflected through whatever people tell you about your eyes. Because if you have the Scorpio-like eyes, than that means that these quintile characteristics (with Neptune being in Scorpio) have been very embedded into even the way that you look with your eyes at things-- which is a sort of a dreamy compassionate and understanding-like tone. A very wisdom through beauty tone. In other words, define your eyes and you're already on the path towards defining your quintiles! Of course, I could be wrong about your eye appearance...in which case I'm wrong altogether hahaha. But if it does apply to you, does that make any sense or have I lost you completely?

Hi Regulus :)

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to look at my chart :)
I have green eyes - does that work with your analysis. One thing is that my neptune in that 8th makes me incredibly sensitive to others, whether it be me picking up on their energy or me being overly-sensitive to their words and taking it personally making it hurtful, where in reality it is not!