QUINTILES REVEALED: Learn how your Quintiles can positively affect personal image

Krewster

[FONT=&#44404] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]sophistiq, I'm not talented at interpreting aspects from planets to non-planets and not seeing any quintiles to your Sun but, even without those, your tight enough Mars 72 Uran is apex/midpointed by Ven (making the lovely 36-72-36 triangle). Does this triangle give you a sparkly and/or oft changing love life or artistic bent?[/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]Of course, your Ven and Mars have mitigating aspects and one of them is your tightest semi-sextile (Ven 30 Sat) which may slow down the pace of change. Happy to talk about semi-sextiles in another thread if you want (I love my wife's Mars 30 Sat which, along with her other aspects, represents her indefatigable workhorse nature).[/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404] [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]Bunraku, unfortunately, your chart didn't come through (but you could give just the birth data if you want to discuss since I always recast at home anyway).[/FONT]

poyi

Premium Member
In term of talents, I would like to find out how to interpret my own quintiles. If anyone has some ideas or suggestions.

I have 3rd house Mercury quintiles AC, Mercury which is also the ruler of the AC and MC. Mercury exalted by Mars in Virgo.

1st house Venus quintiles 4th house Jupiter, Venus is the ruler of 2nd and 9th and Jupiter is the ruler of 4th and final dispositor of 7th.

Mars quntile Uranus, Mars is the ruler of 8th Aries and in mutual reception as the shared ruler of 3rd, Sun, Mercury by traditional rulership. Mars exalted by Moon in Capricorn.

Saturn Bi-quintiles MC, Saturn is the ruler of 5th as well as the traditional ruler of 6th. I always have a feeling what I do as a profession would also be something that I really love and enjoy, 5th is the house of risk taking and speculation as well. Having Moon in 5th is part of nature of my current career. But then with Gemini MC, it will always mean more than one career so as Pisces on MC, at time Sagittarius MC could behave the same way.

Krewster

Poyi, I can't help on aspects to non-planets, but:

-yes your Mars 72 Uran is tight-orbed and also nearly apex/midpointed by Pluto (making a 36-72-36 triangle). Most of my familiars with Mars iinvolved in 5 or 10 denominator aspects betw these planets exhibit much higher than average physical vitality and emphatic talking style (one even travels around the globe participating in int'l marathons).

To isolate the influence of this triangle in your case, the Moon 120 Mars (already meaning similar to but different from the above) and the Mars 90 Nept would need filtering out.

-yes, your Ven 72 Jup is also tight enough and, unuually, also apex-midpointed by Sat to make the same type of 36-72-36 triangle. My familiars with the Ven-Jup aspect exhibit way more than average social graces (being considerate of others and a perfect host(ess)) while the Ven-Sat aspect can indicate the ability to maintain a relationship for form's sake without as much stress as most of us would feel from so doing.

poyi

Premium Member
Poyi, I can't help on aspects to non-planets, but:

-yes your Mars 72 Uran is tight-orbed and also nearly apex/midpointed by Pluto (making a 36-72-36 triangle). Most of my familiars with Mars iinvolved in 5 or 10 denominator aspects betw these planets exhibit much higher than average physical vitality and emphatic talking style (one even travels around the globe participating in int'l marathons).

To isolate the influence of this triangle in your case, the Moon 120 Mars (already meaning similar to but different from the above) and the Mars 90 Nept would need filtering out.

-yes, your Ven 72 Jup is also tight enough and, unuually, also apex-midpointed by Sat to make the same type of 36-72-36 triangle. My familiars with the Ven-Jup aspect exhibit way more than average social graces (being considerate of others and a perfect host(ess)) while the Ven-Sat aspect can indicate the ability to maintain a relationship for form's sake without as much stress as most of us would feel from so doing.

That's sound really great and I can see that in myself. I don't do sport or exercise, but I do walk and do a lot of very heavy manual handling at work. I can walk 12hrs. For once, I finished very tiring 10 hrs work, I went to the shops to do another few hours shopping on feet, might be 14-16hrs straight. I can't run but surly can walk and stand for a long time. I can stay awake no sleep for 33-35s hrs before but not often did it a few times.

I was with my ex for 8 years, the thing that I had to deal with is beyond human's tolerance :biggrin: won't talk about it here. But it is related to his hygiene. It is all the past now. Thank you for explaining so well and it does describe me accurately.

poyi

Premium Member
To think about that since Moon exalted Mars in 1st house from 5th that is athletic trend even I don't do sport but still talking about the physical strength, more as endurance here. And as both sextile Mercury ruler of ascendant, placed in 3rd clearly is talking about my mental strength also.

Mars also parallel Pluto that will add physical strength once again. Having Mars being the ruler of 8th, with combine benefits, even I had several injuries I always recovered exceptionally well. I deal with pain well and I can mentally tell myself to keep going even my physically body is failing me. As how I described myself on the profile, I do see myself having good level of Will power.

Krewster

Yes Poyi, it sure would be hard to filter out that Moon 120 Mars influence to see with what the Mars-Jup-Uran talent triangle may be blessing you...

just to mention the 120 is 1.25 orb while the average orb on the talent triangle is twice as tight (under 40 min)...

thanks for the tip re having a high pain threshold.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes Poyi, it sure would be hard to filter out that Moon 120 Mars influence to see with what the Mars-Jup-Uran talent triangle may be blessing you...

just to mention the 120 is 1.25 orb while the average orb on the talent triangle is twice as tight (under 40 min)...

thanks for the tip re having a high pain threshold.

The real difficulty for me is I can't sleep easily. Maybe at time I wasn't tired enough or simply overly active or too tense to relax.

After surgery I took very minimal amount of medication after discharge, a one week pack of analgesia I saved them up and never finished them until few months later I used it for other pain. The other possibly would be myself very sensitive to drug. After general anaesthetic, it took me about 2 weeks to stand on my feet not feeling dizzy unless I lost too much blood from massive haematoma. Not sure .

yyyyyyyy

this is them most informative thing i've read about quintiles! i never could really understand them.

i have 6!
sun (2) and mercury (0) quintile jupiter
sun (1), mercury (0), and jupiter (0) biquintile neptune
mars (2) biquintile asc

Viviene

@yyyyyyyy - 6 is way above the average! Lots of enthusiastic talent and passion for following your dreams and talents I would suggest.

In a scientific study conducted by Nick Kollerstrom (Phd in Science) it was calculated that the average number of quintiles per chart is 2.2

Genius, and the Eureka moment are ascribed in the study to a higher than average combo of quintiles and septiles:

"....constitutes the act of creation proper .....seven also represent the influx of inspiration....five (quintile) may be said to represent the urge to power which is the prelude to creation, the desire to dominate some kind of material."

Do you have septiles also? I only have only quintile related aspect in my chart, but have 7 septiles! (2.4 average there)

The Eureka moment could also be described as the ahah moment - a convergence of 5s and 7s!

My children have way over the quintile average in their charts! My son is a well known musician and writer in his field and my daughter is an arts and events manager :) Both very enthusiastic and focused on their passions.

yyyyyyyy

@yyyyyyyy - 6 is way above the average! Lots of enthusiastic talent and passion for following your dreams and talents I would suggest.

In a scientific study conducted by Nick Kollerstrom (Phd in Science) it was calculated that the average number of quintiles per chart is 2.2

Genius, and the Eureka moment are ascribed in the study to a higher than average combo of quintiles and septiles:

"....constitutes the act of creation proper .....seven also represent the influx of inspiration....five (quintile) may be said to represent the urge to power which is the prelude to creation, the desire to dominate some kind of material."

Do you have septiles also? I only have only quintile related aspect in my chart, but have 7 septiles! (2.4 average there)

The Eureka moment could also be described as the ahah moment - a convergence of 5s and 7s!

My children have way over the quintile average in their charts! My son is a well known musician and writer in his field and my daughter is an arts and events manager :) Both very enthusiastic and focused on their passions.

I think this makes a lot of sense. People always tell me I'm creative and I would always get annoyed by it because I didn't think of myself as especially creative - but having read the first post about quintiles it makes more sense why I disagreed especially when younger.

I always thought my passion/creativity and the like came from my part of fortune conjunct my sun by 23 minutes. i also have vertex conjunct talent by 21 minutes and vertex conjunct venus by 2 and a half degrees. sun loosely conjunct MC as well. the quintilies must bring me luck too. i'm not especially successful but i am still pretty young and always get recognized at work for my abilities.

i looked at everything in my chart that didn't have aspects in the astro grid and i have some septiles.

http://astroblahhh.com/astrology/aspect_rating_calc_vB.shtml
i used this site to check it out

moon septile chiron (dk if we count chiron i just looked because it's in the grid)
venus biseptile north node
mars biseptile saturn
jupiter triseptile uranus
jupiter triseptile saturn

i also got some quadronoviles (2) , trideciles (1), semi-quintiles (2), binoviles (2) and noviles (1) -- i might have forgotten to put some down in the beginning but i have a pretty full aspect grid so that's why it wasn't such a pain to check.

so the only planets that have both quintiles and septiles for me would be mars and jupiter. party

Viviene

yyyyyyyy I would love to see your chart so I could see how the septs and quints and noviles all line up in patterns! If you are interested you could PM me your details? I know a lot of people don't like to publicly post their chart.

Venus Neptune

A Quintile is a 5th harmonic aspect that has an angle of 72 degrees. For quite some time now, it's been seen as a minor harmonic, similar to the Semi-Sextile, indicating "talent" and "vaguely fortunate circumstances". Yet I always sensed more to Quintiles than just "vague fortune". The reason why it didn't make sense for me to ignore Quintiles is because we focus on every harmonic up to the 6th-- except for the 5th? A Sextile is the 6th and last common harmonic, so wouldn't a Quintile, being a 5th harmonic, be an important thing?

After much research in the details and nature behind Quintiles, I have both discovered and unlocked the key to Quintiles. As I originally was, you will be suprised to figure out that they are in fact one of the most important and prevalent aspects within your chart! I am going to explain how your Quintiles take on very ASC- like qualities and how they are very much visible to others.

A Quintile is essentially an aspect that displays energy which others clearly see within you, yet you yourself do not realize you have-- though the ability to build upon it is there once recognized. For example, Barack Obama has Jupiter Quintile Pluto very tightly by 0.01 degrees (one minute). This indicates his ability to inspire hope and change, which is what Jupiter/Pluto is all about when working harmoniously. In fact, it was the media who originally coined the keywords "Hope" and "Change" to Obama's candidacy, not him. Of course, he was no fool and didn't wait to quickly adopt these keywords into his campaign! But realize that it was not Obama who originally came up with these definitions for himself. It was the people, because that's how they saw him. Of course, now that he is the first African American president, and now that people believe that he is the agent of change, he has the potential to bring about hope and change. In other words, he realized that because people think of him as hope/change, he essentially has the ability to build and ultimately embody himself to be so.

Quintiles give off the impression of a harmonious easy-going Trine to others, yet in reality work more as a Sextile to the individual. For example, I have a friend who is a shy Virgo. Yet at the same time, he has quite a sense of humor! Not only that, but he's easy to talk to as well! For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what it was in his chart that gave him easy-flowing communication skills for such a shy guy. Then eventually, I found it! His Mercury was Quintile his Ascendant. He has taken a recent interest in astrology, so when we were going over his chart I asked him if he felt that he had natural communication abilities, to which he said "kind of, but not really"... The funny thing here is that though I clearly saw his ability to communicate with anyone from all walks of life-- he didn't! His Mercury/Ascendant seemed very Trine-like and almost natural to his personality. Yet he didn't realize what he was capable of. Once I explained the nature of this Quintile to him, he realized that the Mercury/Ascendant worked very much as a Sextile for him, meaning he has the ability to build both his intellect and communication skills to higher levels if he truly believes that others see that talent within him! Which they do!

As I mentioned in the beginning, Quintiles take on very Ascendant- like qualities. If there are Quintiles in your chart, people Will see those qualities as apart of your personality. Especially astrologers. No exceptions. When I see Quintiles in someones' chart, I typically have this "AH-HAH!" moment where it's so blatantly obvious that they have that energy about them. And yet, how ironic is it that the individual themselves can fail to see it?

I would like to quickly touch upon something, and that is Quintiles being perceived as a possible "fakeness" to the personality. Quintiles will never look fake to anyone. Nor will they be fake. If someone has Venus Quintile Jupiter and is perceived to be popular when in reality that individual does not feel so, nobody will ever call that person "a fake" because the Quintile takes on a natural Trine-like appearance to others-- it only feels like a Sextile to the individual and nobody else!

To end this article, I will discuss one more example of a Quintile. And it's a good one. My friend, who is a Leo, has 7 Quintiles. That is alot!! Normally, if somebody has 3 or more Quintiles, than the Quintile energy is very much apart of their life. Anyways, he is seen as being sociable, entertaining, and not to mention a ladies man : )

Question: So, is he in fact, all of the above?
Answer: Now he is. But he wasn't before.

He actually studies astrology, so I have taught him the principle of Quintiles. But beforehand, he actually wasn't all of the above. For example, if he started a conversation with a girl, he wouldn't believe that the girl would be interested in the conversation or even with him in general. Yet the reality was that his Quintile energy was very much leading her to believe that he is both fun and entertaining to be around. He just didn't know it. But now that he does, he can not only understand what people see in him-- but also build to improve those positive traits as well!!

Some quick technical notes: I use only Quintile and Bi-Quintiles. There are Tri-Quintiles, but I don't really take those into account. For the Quintile and Bi-Quintile, I personally allow an orb of 2 degrees, though from the research I've done it could be given the orb of any regular aspect, meaning up to 5 or sometimes even 6 degrees.

All aspiring and professional astrologers should know the importance of Quintiles, and I hope that this article brings much discussion, spreading, and distribution of Quintile knowledge!

Do you have any Quintiles or Bi-Quintiles?

Interesting information, honey!

I have moon biquintile Venus, and moon biquintile Neptune, the only biquintiles I have. Since Venus is in 1st house and Neptune too, I guess the aspects got shown at the public (and so as any other aspects relating with Venus and Neptune).

You are right. Accurately right. You know, the only aspects I felt clearly are Venus conjunct Neptune, trine Jupiter, trine Saturn, square Midheaven, and conjunct Ascendant, and also Neptune conjunct AS and square MC. But I never felt that my Moon biquintile Venus, or my Moon biquintile Neptune at all. But I always hope I had those aspects. And it turns out I have!

My friends said that I am sweet and nurturing, can't say no, can't get angry because I was too harmonious lol. But I think that was true. On the outside I was too sweet and nurturing that even my enemies could changed and loved me. I was also full of empathy too they say. And I guess due to those biquintiles aspect I become a Mother, but I never realized that at all. And it does work as a sextile to ourselves.

So, I think the conclusion from this is that any biquintiles or quintiles are actually a trine aspect, but we feel it as a sextile aspect.

Krewster

You can analogize that 5-denominatored aspects are like 3 and/or 6-denominated aspects.

But what if the 5 represents a totally different kind of influence?

What a challenge that would be to sort out (commensurate, perhaps, with the effort initially deployed to feel the different natures of the majors, except maybe even harder because less amendable to the whole good vs. bad aspect dichotomy).

Your Moon bi-quintile Ven/Nept seems a highest expression of talent in the areas of the participating planets but, I agree, many of your mentioned behavior/experience could be attributable to the Moon 120 Jup and so how to distinguish...?

would have to see the chart (to check orbs and such).

Venus Neptune

Yes, I have 5 aspects honey. And I really feel them in me. All five of them. Venus conjunct Neptune at 0.54 (tight) makes me extremely intuitive and compassionate , Venus trine Jupiter at 0.01 makes me a good girl (I hardly get into problems or troubles). Venus trine Saturn at makes me very serious and mature ( everyone asks me for love advice because I seem to know everything and I'm term 'lord of karma' by my friends lol ) . Venus conjunct AS at 1.31 makes me fashionable and good looking (everyone says so, but sometimes I don't believe them bcoz I have sun semisquare Venus). Venus square MC at 0. 60/50 something makes me look like a vain person on public (which was true). I can't seem to read Saturn/Venus degree. It's 0 something.

Venus and Jupiter is very prominent in my chart. They make lots of aspects and I feel them, and people see it too. Venus, Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune is prominent in fact. Jupiterand Saturn trine AS, Venus and Neptune cnjt AS, Moon semisextile AS. With Jupiter and Saturn I seem like a philosophical and mature in thoughts. Venus and Neptune makes me seem like a sweet and likable person. Moon semisextile makes me motherly and emotional (my friends told me I'm changeable. I can show/ hide emotions).

And yes, honey. I do have talents. Especially on arts. Moon biquintile Venus at 2° . Moon biquintile Neptune at 1°. The reason why I really like the topic post is that it suits my condition. I am a very great painter that can mix color to form realistic picture but I never realized so. I thought I suck at art. Turns out I don't. I only excel in arts if I have a very deep and emotional mood.

And then I never realized I can charm people out. Whenever I got into problems and then I laugh the ice just break off. I had ever experienced this with a Mars 1st house guy. Boy he was joking around with me and I blush and smiled and he smiled. When he got angry and then I can't stand it and just smile (I have dimples :joyful:) he followed me and smiled. Same goes for my mom who is always serious when she's angry. Both me and my brother (Taurus sun, Venus ruled) can charm my mom out lol.

And I think with Saturn trine AS I can see through people. And with Venus trine Saturn I can see who fall for you (mind ya I'm a cupid lol I can sense love and I'm always accurate in sensing it. Thts why they call me "known all life." As if I had reach 100 in age or something.)

I hope this helps hun.

Venus Neptune

You can analogize that 5-denominatored aspects are like 3 and/or 6-denominated aspects.

But what if the 5 represents a totally different kind of influence?

What a challenge that would be to sort out (commensurate, perhaps, with the effort initially deployed to feel the different natures of the majors, except maybe even harder because less amendable to the whole good vs. bad aspect dichotomy).

Your Moon bi-quintile Ven/Nept seems a highest expression of talent in the areas of the participating planets but, I agree, many of your mentioned behavior/experience could be attributable to the Moon 120 Jup and so how to distinguish...?

would have to see the chart (to check orbs and such).

Oh sorry hun I misunderstood your questions.

Well, I think 5 , Quintile/Bi-Quintile can be shown as Trine but at some part of lives. Like I told you, about my artistic talents and charm. Seriously I never ever ever realized such thing in me. I'm so careless and lazy on arts I thought I suck. Sometimes I lack 'realistic' plan that my arts turn bad. But now I learn to handle them and I improve. I can mix color and form realistic picture. I can also draw (manga, anime, or stuff). I also have a fashion talent. Meaning I can sew and make a purse (but using simple materials like fabrics or flanels) and add some sequins and beads on it. I think Venus plays part on there and Neptune plays part on drawing. Without emotions, without mood, without imaginations I'm nothing. My art/work is nothing. I never see my artistic talents before but when I started to paint I began to see it. Funny coz my dad said I'm artistic and was born to be an artist and not a biologist (though I am good at that. Uranus 1st house). My dad told me like this, "you know you can't be a scientist. You just wear your clothes wrong, honey. You are always late. How can you be a scientist if you are careless. You are actually like an artist. Not careful and hardly pay attention."

Yeah, it kinda stung bad. Dad got Jupiter (he's jovial). Coz I have Saturn trine AS I'm actually very careful and I pay attention to details. But gosh Neptune keeps on appearing. Everyone said I write fast and I make so many mistakes. I 'm just careless. I think Neptune shows here. I become artistic and just so high in clouds if I'm in a moody/emotional state.

shadowcat

I know this thread is old but hopefully some of you guys still use this site. My quintiles:
Sun bQ Ascendant
Eros Q Sun
Pallas Athene and Circe conjunction exact quintile ascendant and bQ Sun
Jupiter Q Mercury, Mars and Saturn(and Kaali)
Venus bQ chiron
MC bQ Chiron(a little wider than rest around 2 degrees)
I am wondering how these, particularly the Jupiter and ascendant,quintiles appear to others.
Thank you! Cool thread

shadowcat

I know this thread is old but hopefully some of you guys still use this site. My quintiles:
Sun bQ Ascendant
Eros Q Sun
Pallas Athene and Circe conjunction exact quintile ascendant and bQ Sun
Jupiter Q Mercury, Mars and Saturn(and Kaali)
Venus bQ chiron
MC bQ Chiron(a little wider than rest around 2 degrees)
I am wondering how these, particularly the Jupiter and ascendant,quintiles appear to others.
Thank you! Cool thread

Also moon 36 degrees from mercury and tredecile Jupiter