Does he like someone else?

scahm

A friend has a hunch that her ex boyfriend has started seeing someone else and wanted to cast a chart to confirm her suspicions. She does not want to reconcile with him - she just wants to know whether he's moved on or not.

My interpretation is that he is seeing someone else which might not really lead to anything, but he is definitely over her. He (Moon) is in the sign of the querent's detriment, in his own house, but is currently void. If we take Sun as his co-ruler though, he will soon conjunct Mercury who is right on his Dsc, so there is definitely a new love interest (likely an old friend as Mercury retrograde rules his 11th house) on the scene. I think the fact that Sun/Mercury are peregrine and a void moon indicates that it may not necessarily lead to anything though - though I'm unsure about this part.

Can someone please confirm whether I've interpreted this right? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 22.17.20.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 22.17.20.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 22.17.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 22.17.27.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 35

scahm

The moon is in bad shape in the detriment of the querent.

My hunch is a no.

Thanks Amit, but to clarify, are you saying you don't think the quesited likes someone else? My question was whether the quesited has a love interest other than the querent, not about his feelings towards the querent.

Ouranos

Applying aspects = Future
Separating = Past
The Moon Void says no Future aspects
Unless he is an expert in backflips! :sideways:

Regards,
Ouranos

ElenaJ

You write that your friend asked you to cast a chart.
So, is this chart based on a time that she gave to you, for you to do just the calculation?
Or is this a chart you did to find an answer to her question?
That is, who is the ascendent, you because you cast a chart, or your friend because you just did the chart based on the timing she gave you?
Just to clarify, thanks.

scahm

You write that your friend asked you to cast a chart.
So, is this chart based on a time that she gave to you, for you to do just the calculation?
Or is this a chart you did to find an answer to her question?
That is, who is the ascendent, you because you cast a chart, or your friend because you just did the chart based on the timing she gave you?
Just to clarify, thanks.

She asked me to calculate the chart, as she herself has very limited astro knowledge. So she is ascendent in this instance.

Thanks ElenaJ.

ElenaJ

The chart you posted has moon as descendent ruler, and moon is void.
No activity going on.
So, your friend isn't interested in this man, why is she asking this question?

scahm

The chart you posted has moon as descendent ruler, and moon is void.
No activity going on.
So, your friend isn't interested in this man, why is she asking this question?

The man is her ex boyfriend - she had a feeling that he had maybe started to date someone else and wanted to confirm her suspicions.

ElenaJ

There are some who would question doing a horary for this type of "curiosity" question looking into the lives of others.
Are we sure, though, that she isn't curious for other reasons, for example, the hope of getting back together again?

scahm

There are some who would question doing a horary for this type of "curiosity" question looking into the lives of others.
Are we sure, though, that she isn't curious for other reasons, for example, the hope of getting back together again?

Perhaps. She's told me that she has no interest in reconciling and is just curious to see whether he's moved on or not, but objectively as a friend, I think the thought of him moving on and no longer desiring her is probably hurting her ego.

Ouranos

The :moon: last aspect was a :sextile:to :venus:R on the cusp of her 5th.
I would be curious to see if she hears from him again as :venus: turns Direct today.

Please keep us updated,
Ouranos

ElenaJ

Note that your friend's 3rd house of communications and thoughts is exactly at 29 Aries, which is the degree of the nodes, so there is some extra unforeseeable development going on there.
As you mentioned, sun as co-significator of the male, approaches mercury in retrograde, which means repassing over its previous position. Rethinking.
Mercury rules both your friend' 5th of love affairs, and her 8th of sexual relationships.
North node, the point of force, and the sun/mercury conjunction all take place in her 6th house, so you could almost say she has been "sick" over the breakup. It is also his 12th, so he has no idea of this.
She seems to be regretting the breakup, and would like to see him back with her.

kalinka

Moon isn't in that bad condition since it gets support from sun. Both are in mutual Reception. So is sun another girl or his co-ruler? And as scahm mentioned-sun soon conjunct with Mercury. Mercury is in his first house and interested in Moon. I would not vouche for it that there is another girl but I just want to mentioned it. And I would not exclude the possibility that mercury is another girl here, especially because mercury receives Saturn in its detriment. Moon and Sun are moreover somehow interested in Jupiter (receptions),which is ruler of his 5th.
For the question if he moved on, I say yes. She is still thinking about him(Saturn in moon's triplicity and detriment) but moon doesn't have good feelings for Saturn anymore.

ElenaJ

Actually mercury and the 7th cusp are separating. So I would put mercury in 6th, no longer 7th.
Why is mercury receiving Saturn in detriment relevant. Sorry, I don't see the connection there.