Could I work for the secret service?

star2858

Hi,

I'm about to graduate from university with a law degree. However, i've been thinking of other roles and jobs which may suit me.

Increasingly, i've been thinking about going into the secret service/surveillance work.

I did a little bit of research on the charts of well-known and successful government spies. This includes Alexander Litvinenko, David Shayler, Annie Machon. I actually noticed that some of them had the same aspects as me, and some of the same placements as me, as well as the strong 12th house influence.

Here, i have attached my chart and seeing as this is a career area not much discussed here, what are the indicators for potential in a career as a secret spy?

I've noticed from the examples, that a high virgo presence and Mars making aspect to the 12th house is often an indicator. Pluto is often strongly emphasised and linked to Scorpio somewhere, e.g the ascendant. Gemini is also emphasised usually, as this career focuses on communication and information.

I have Jupiter and the Moon both in Aries in the 12th house. The 12th house is in Pisces, and Neptune, it's ruler is in Capricorn (government) in the 8th house of secrets and other people's affairs. Gemini rules my 2nd house.

The Sun, Mars and Venus are all in Virgo - potentially showing investigative ability.

Should i go for it or not? It's the sort of career that once in, it's hard to get out. Although i loved studying law, it is way too competitive. I'd always imagined starting off with a legal career and then changing sometime afterwards anyway. A career as a spy, for some reason, seems to fit my knack for good research, eavesdropping and my ability to find out things about people quickly. I also think it may be easier to get into, considering they are looking for Asian people.

What are indicators generally? Does anyone have any stories to tell?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_kkkk_hp_47239_15071.gif
    28 KB · Views: 58

waybread

Well, you might take the entrance exam for civil servants and see what comes of it! Virgo is very detail oriented, which would be advantageous for certain kinds of work. I would associate the 8th house with secrets. Your Saturn and Uranus square your Vigo planets. I think you would work hard to do well, but you might find the experience stressful rather than enjoyable.

Sometimes the 6th house of service means "military service" for some people, so I think it could equally mean the "secret service."

If this type of work appeals to you, you would probably be good at it.

With your sun, Mercury, and Mars in the 5th house, though, you probably need to feel that your work is fun.

star2858

waybread said:
Well, you might take the entrance exam for civil servants and see what comes of it! Virgo is very detail oriented, which would be advantageous for certain kinds of work. I would associate the 8th house with secrets. Your Saturn and Uranus square your Vigo planets. I think you would work hard to do well, but you might find the experience stressful rather than enjoyable.

Sometimes the 6th house of service means "military service" for some people, so I think it could equally mean the "secret service."

If this type of work appeals to you, you would probably be good at it.

With your sun, Mercury, and Mars in the 5th house, though, you probably need to feel that your work is fun.

Hiya,

Yeah i think you are right. 8th house is definately the field for this type of work. Incidentally, my 6th house is at 22 degrees exactly - which is said to be a military degree!

Although this type of work appeals to me, it is very risky and it involves a 'life on the edge'. It's also very difficult to get into. I was always a risk taker - maybe that explains the strong 5th house presence.

Nexus7

Ian Fleming, the writer of the James Bond sereis, apparently did work as a spy at some point, though his activites were probably not as glamorous as Bonds; maybe someone with more energy than I have right now could russtle up his chart? 28 May 1908 London, no time of birth.

There was an article in the Astrological Association on Kim Philby - his chart was almost a perfect seesaw, with a strong 12-House emphasis. The writer suggested that this indicated a talent for being all things to all people, but I doubt this is what you might want unless you want to be a double agent?

I can see a methodical approach and consientious attention to detail, an observant mind, which is probably what a lot of intelligence-gathering is all about.

It is a probably a murky world though, which to me does seem to be a very Plutonic one. Probably huge risk-takers might have squares like yours, but they would have to be virtually psychopahic to carry them off and not get burnt in one way or another. Perhaps there may be other investigative areas of research that might satisfy your inner sleuth somewhere?

Ajar

I believe you may be thinking about the CIA, the NSA, or the FBI.

If you do decide to go into these fields, I'm not too sure that mentioning an interest in astrology will be a career positive. JMO2.

The Secret Service is less about spying, and more about counterfeiting, and politico's protection.

From Wilki... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secret_Service

"The U.S. Secret Service has two distinct areas of responsibility:
  • Treasury roles, covering missions such as prevention and investigation of counterfeiting of U.S. currency and U.S. treasury bonds notes and investigation of major fraud.
  • Protective roles, ensuring the safety of national VIPs such as the President, past presidents, vice presidents, presidential candidates, their families, foreign embassies (per an agreement with the Bureau of Diplomatic Security's (DS) Office of Foreign Missions (OFM)), etc.[3] "

Last edited: