Breast Surgery During Venus Rx in 6th

Geeg85

Hi I am scheduled to have surgery on January 6th, 2021. I am wondering if this is the best time to have surgery due to Venus being Rx during this time. Thank you for your help in advance.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_genea.25720.265981.jpg
    astro_2gw_genea.25720.265981.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
Venus's direction is irrelevant to surgery, unless you're having surgery on a body part ruled by Venus, or Venus is the chart ruler for the time of the operation. Breasts are ruled by Moon and the sign of Cancer. Moon cannot go retrograde, so you're safe on that count.

For Venus to be the chart ruler, Libra or Taurus would have to be rising at the moment the surgery begins. You didn't include the scheduled time of your surgery, so I can't say whether it is or not, but when the sun is in Capricorn, your surgery would have to start in the middle of the night to get Libra rising. For Taurus rising, it would have to be in the mid-late afternoon. If your surgery is scheduled for the early morning, as scheduled surgeries usually are, a Venus ruled ascendant is impossible at this time of year.

For breast surgery, the important piece is that you don't want the Moon in Cancer, because when Moon is in the sign that rules the body part being operated on, that intensifies it, and raises the risk of slow healing or further problems. On January 6th, Moon will be in Pisces. Again, you're fine.

It's also considered best to have a waning Moon if the surgery is to remove something and a waxing Moon if the surgery is to add something. Moon will be waxing on the date of your surgery. If you're having a breast augmentation, that's the ideal phase. If it's a breast reduction or a mastectomy, not ideal, but not the end of the world either. My mom had major surgery (removal of a kidney) a couple of months ago when the moon was waxing, and she recovered just fine. Mars was retrograde, too, which is supposed to be the other no-no for surgery.

You won't get an ideal chart for surgery, ever, so don't worry about it, especially if this is a medically necessary operation. If it's medically necessary, you don't have the luxury of being picky. If it's elective surgery, you may have some wiggle room, but still, you'll never get a perfect chart. If this operation is already scheduled, don't go to the trouble of changing it just because of an astrological chart. It may be as close to perfect as you're going to get.

Last edited:

Geeg85

Venus's direction is irrelevant to surgery, unless you're having surgery on a body part ruled by Venus, or Venus is the chart ruler for the time of the operation. Breasts are ruled by Moon and the sign of Cancer. Moon cannot go retrograde, so you're safe on that count.

For Venus to be the chart ruler, Libra or Taurus would have to be rising at the moment the surgery begins. You didn't include the scheduled time of your surgery, so I can't say whether it is or not, but when the sun is in Capricorn, your surgery would have to start in the middle of the night to get Libra rising. For Taurus rising, it would have to be in the mid-late afternoon. If your surgery is scheduled for the early morning, as scheduled surgeries usually are, a Venus ruled ascendant is impossible at this time of year.

For breast surgery, the important piece is that you don't want the Moon in Cancer, because when Moon is in the sign that rules the body part being operated on, that intensifies it, and raises the risk of slow healing or further problems. On January 6th, Moon will be in Pisces. Again, you're fine.

It's also considered best to have a waning Moon if the surgery is to remove something and a waxing Moon if the surgery is to add something. Moon will be waxing on the date of your surgery. If you're having a breast augmentation, that's the ideal phase. If it's a breast reduction or a mastectomy, not ideal, but not the end of the world either. My mom had major surgery (removal of a kidney) a couple of months ago when the moon was waxing, and she recovered just fine. Mars was retrograde, too, which is supposed to be the other no-no for surgery.

You won't get an ideal chart for surgery, ever, so don't worry about it, especially if this is a medically necessary operation. If it's medically necessary, you don't have the luxury of being picky. If it's elective surgery, you may have some wiggle room, but still, you'll never get a perfect chart. If this operation is already scheduled, don't go to the trouble of changing it just because of an astrological chart. It may be as close to perfect as you're going to get.

My surgery is scheduled for 10am Thursday 1/6 if that makes any difference. Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

Osamenor

Staff member
My surgery is scheduled for 10am Thursday 1/6 if that makes any difference. Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

You need to post the chart for the date, time, and place of the event if you want it interpreted. It's impossible to determine the ascendant without knowing the specific place as well as the time, and it's the responsibility of every poster here to provide their own chart(s), not ask others to do the work for them.

Geeg85

I misunderstood, I apologize. Included should be the chart for the surgery.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_breast_surgery.64656.250754.jpg
    astro_2gw_breast_surgery.64656.250754.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27

Osamenor

Staff member
For the time of the surgery, Pisces is rising, making Jupiter the ascendant ruler (for this purpose, traditional rulers work best; modern may add secondary detail at most). Jupiter is in its own sign, at the ascendant, and Moon is just separating from a conjunction to Jupiter. Looks good, on the face of it. Especially if the reason for the surgery is to increase your breast size. Jupiter is all about increase. So is a waxing Moon. Waxing Moon conjunct domiciled Jupiter, even more so.

There are a couple of caveats to keep in mind: Pisces is also associated with infection. So is Neptune. So is Mars. At the time of the surgery, Mars is applying square to Neptune. That, combined with all the Pisces in the event chart, makes me think infection will be a greater risk than usual. Take plenty of precautions.

The other caveat depends on the reason why you're having this surgery, and that's where Venus retrograde may be relevant. While Venus doesn't rule the chart of the operation or the body part being operated on, Venus retrograde in general suggests a rethink and redo when it comes to Venusian things. Appearance, beauty, is one of those things.

If this operation is to preserve your life or health (i.e. breast cancer, or breasts so big that they give you backaches), Venus retrograde is not a signal to rethink or redo it. If anything, it spells rest and retreat, which recuperation from surgery will be. But if you're doing this for purely cosmetic purposes, and there's no threat to your life or wellbeing if you don't, Venus retrograde does suggest a rethink. What is the deep down reason why you want this? Will having the surgery really accomplish that?

Last edited:

Geeg85

The reason for the surgery is to fix a breast abscess (infection) that has formed repeatedly since 2020. It was formed from an accident where I fell on my breast and continued forming because I am a smoker. I have attempted to quit, I actually quit for a whole year then restarted again this year when stress hit a peak. Thanks to you, I just called my surgeon to prescribe me antibiotics before the surgery to reduce infection after the surgery. The procedure will include my surgeon opening up my breast to clean out the area. It is supposed to heal on its own with no sutures, leaving behind a scar that should not be too big. With Jupiter there I wonder if there will be extensive swelling. I've put off stopping smoking but now, even though its so close to surgery now would be the best time to stop completely. I have patches that I will use to lessen the addiction withdrawals. I will also be careful to keep the area clean to lessen the risk of infection.

Osamenor

Staff member
The reason for the surgery is to fix a breast abscess (infection) that has formed repeatedly since 2020. It was formed from an accident where I fell on my breast and continued forming because I am a smoker. I have attempted to quit, I actually quit for a whole year then restarted again this year when stress hit a peak. Thanks to you, I just called my surgeon to prescribe me antibiotics before the surgery to reduce infection after the surgery. The procedure will include my surgeon opening up my breast to clean out the area. It is supposed to heal on its own with no sutures, leaving behind a scar that should not be too big. With Jupiter there I wonder if there will be extensive swelling. I've put off stopping smoking but now, even though its so close to surgery now would be the best time to stop completely. I have patches that I will use to lessen the addiction withdrawals. I will also be careful to keep the area clean to lessen the risk of infection.

Often what's highlighted in a surgery chart reflects what the surgery is treating. In that light, Pisces/Neptune/Mars is perfect: you already have an infection. This is to be treatment for it.

Antibiotics are a sledgehammer to the system. That doesn't mean they should never be used, but if you must take them, also take extra care of your health, and follow a course of antibiotics with probiotics, to rebuild the good bacteria in your body, which the antibiotics will destroy along with the bad.

Pisces/Neptune/Jupiter can also signify addiction. If an addiction is a contributing factor, again, the chart reflects it.

What emotional support do you have, both around quitting smoking and in general? Smoking is so hard to quit not because it's physically addictive (though it is) but because it's emotionally addictive, and deeply so. Many people quit, go through withdrawal, emerge, and still go back to smoking in times of stress, because of the emotional factor. Many people do it again and again. If it were just about the physical addiction, no one would go back to it once they'd weathered the withdrawal.

Seems to me that your issues are a call for emotional healing as well as physical. Another thing Venus retrograde can stand for.

If you are aiming to quit smoking before your surgery, check with your doctor: withdrawal symptoms could potentially contribute to complications. In that light, it might actually be worse to be in withdrawal at that time than to still be smoking. But I'm not a doctor, just repeating what I've heard about that. Your doctor should know whether it's advisable for you or not.

Last edited:

Geeg85

Definitely emotional. Last week I completed a 4 year Masters and Bachelor's program in Acupuncture and Asian Medicine. I have been stressed to the max. I lost a 25 year friendship, my grandmother and my Leo (cat) whom loved me for 13 years. I just broke up with my partner during the Venus-Pluto conjunction (in his 7th) and my family is dysfunctional and was unsupportive during my graduation celebration which highlights the fact that it is time for me to implement changes I have learned. I have been on rounds of antibiotics that have messed my GI tract up so I will take a prebiotic indefinitely. I am attempting to take care of myself before I start studying next week for board exams that will take about 3 months to complete. I am in great need of emotional healing. I do realize that. I believe 2022 will be the year I reclaim myself. I am also working on boundaries, stating my needs and communication. Its a lot. This surgery is a way for me to physically heal, but surprisingly it occurred because I did not listen to my internal voice that told me not to go to the event because I was exhausted. As a Leo/Leo Rising I understand that I am in the mist of squares from Aquarius and Taurus. I also understand that my Moon (Cap(5th)) and 6th house have been affected with all the other action that has occurred in Capricorn for the past 2 years.

Osamenor

Staff member
Condolences on your losses. I also have a cat of 13 years (she's older; 13 years is how long she's been with me) who is now on palliative care. She's beaten the vet's prognosis - three weeks ago, they thought she'd die by now at the latest, but she rallied - but she's still terminally ill. She might live a few more months, but I doubt she'll see another year.

Being on a healer's path yourself, it sounds like you know quite a bit about taking care.

What Covid protocols does the hospital where you're going for surgery have? Given how virulent it is, what I'm interpreting as infection in the surgery chart could be speaking to a risk of that as well. Or it could simply mean there already is an infection, which is nothing you don't already know. Or it could mean all of the above.

In any case, your original worry, about Venus retrograde during your surgery, doesn't have the meaning you thought it did, does it?

Last edited:

Geeg85

I hope your kitty continues to pull thru. They're our friends/family. Yes I will get the Covid booster before surgery as well. I really appreciate all of your help. It is amazing how astrology works. I have studied it for years but I haven't had the time to really sit down and understand it or at least develop/follow a methodology for reading charts. I look forward to doing that in the future as it is a great tool. I'll keep you updated on the result of the surgery to see how it shows up in the chart. I'm excited.

Geeg85

Hello there! Here's an update from my breast surgery:

Everything went wonderfully. I had no issues with surgery. I was able to stop smoking cigarettes which I haven't done since the surgery (still have some cravings but I'm strong). I had minimal scaring and bleeding. The surgeon was very gentle so I did not have an excruciating amount of pain. Now I still have a small amount of swelling and nerve pain but you can't even tell I had surgery! Thank you for your help! I am happy I went through with it. I was very careful with the wound to make sure I did not get any infection. Thank you for your help!