Should astrology be my profession?

Michael

I wanted to try horary and said why not? I am using the educational material on the Education Forum for Horary as a guide.

Let's see:

Ascendant is in Pisces, the ruler is Jupiter. Question is personal, then planet representing me is Jupiter. It turns out it's on the 9th house in Scorpio. Jupiter is happy in the 9th house and in Scorpio it's about the occult. Occult teacher?

I was looking at Robert Zoller's natal chart and he has Jupiter in Scorpio on the 9th house. He is a respected teacher of medieval astrology. Does this apply here?

I also looked at the almutem and it's mercury. Not sure if one should look for Lord of Geniture in a Horary, but mercury is the ruler of astrology. And here is the strongest planet, in tenth house in Sagittarius.

Moon in 4th house in Gemini. Looks good, but opposition Sun. And conjunct IC. ???

Answer: I am just learning horary, but it looks positive to me. What do you think?

Here is the information: December 3, 2017. 11:35 a.m. Bogotá, Colombia.

Attachments

• Chart 01.jpg
    Chart 01.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Well L9 mars receives you jupiter, and could we take saturn for profession as jupiter's already taken, and mars sextiles saturn and saturn exalts.

So looks good i think for a profession.

Michael

Thanks Chrysalis and Tikana.

jup is without an aspect

It's in the 9th house and aspecting Neptune.

moon opposes sun bad omen

It seems Bonatti considers this one of the worst debilities for the Moon. Even so, the moon is in 4th house. That should compensate a little, no?

Michael

Thanks Chrysalis. I have read about applying and separating aspects, but not sure how to go about them. One article I am reading says to observe the fastest moving planet, in this case it's the moon.

Do you think it's a separating (soft) aspect?

Chrysalis

Thanks Chrysalis. I have read about applying and separating aspects, but not sure how to go about them. One article I am reading says to observe the fastest moving planet, in this case it's the moon.

Do you think it's a separating (soft) aspect?

Well its not a soft aspect as its an opposition, but it is separating not applying so i wouldn't know how this would effect your chart.

Seperating is whats already happened and applying is whats to come.

So as moons recent separating aspect is from sun, and sun rules your 6th ? really not sure what this could mean.

But then also why is moon in your 4th ? and ready to conjunct IC.
Your jupiter in your 9th which makes total sense but moon in 4th :sideways:

Michael

Thank you. It's a horary chart, not my natal chart. In my natal chart Jupiter is in third house and the moon too. But in different signs.

tikana

Thanks Chrysalis and Tikana.

It's in the 9th house and aspecting Neptune.

It seems Bonatti considers this one of the worst debilities for the Moon. Even so, the moon is in 4th house. That should compensate a little, no?

keep outers out of the equation.. no point using them they are useless

Michael

Thanks Tikana. Do you use fixed starts for horary readings? This chart has Formalhaut and Deneb Adige in close orb to the ascendant.

Formalhaut:

"It is generally considered beneficial and associated with eminence, fortune, and power, but if afflicted it has the potential to portend significant disaster. It is often linked with a destiny towards occult or religious affairs and is said by Ebertin and Hoffman to offer success for scientists and writers."

More info here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pis_aus.html

Chrysalis

Infact Michael this is more of a natal question id presume.

Can't you tell from your natal if this profession would be good for you.

tikana

Thanks Tikana. Do you use fixed starts for horary readings? This chart has Formalhaut and Deneb Adige in close orb to the ascendant.

Formalhaut:

"It is generally considered beneficial and associated with eminence, fortune, and power, but if afflicted it has the potential to portend significant disaster. It is often linked with a destiny towards occult or religious affairs and is said by Ebertin and Hoffman to offer success for scientists and writers."

More info here: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/pis_aus.html

aspects are more important

Michael

Did you consider the Moon-Sun aspect is separating?

I think the answer is more nuanced than yes or no. Moon is debilitated, but conjunct Tabit and close to Aldebaran. MC is conjunct Antares. Asc conjunct Formalhaut.

Very powerful fixed stars. Not to mention Jupiter is conjunct Acrux.

Last edited:

tikana

u still have no applying L1 to L10...

last lunar aspect tells you what is going with the question.

open any horary text book and study it .. then tell me what is more important aspect between significators or fixed stars

OMG YEAH totally Jupiter conj fixed star overrides the weakness of Jupiter no aspect no essential dignity whatsoever + via combusta ...

T

Michael

Thank you. I need to read the horary textbooks. Lilly, Bonatti, et al.

P.D. Jupiter in 9th house is not debilitated. It's his house.

JUPITERASC

Thank you.
I need to read the horary textbooks. Lilly, Bonatti, et al.

P.D. Jupiter in 9th house is not debilitated. It's his house.
there is a study library of FREE TEXTS ON THE WEB :smile:
There are five collections in this library.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html#lat

• The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English
  • that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological
  • or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments
  • or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations
  • and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works
  • in older languages

Another good list of links to astrological works is available at http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html