Nursing School

Buttercup

I am thinking about going back to school to become a nurse. Would it be a good career for me? My birthdate is 7-10-76 3:06pm Cadillac, MI. Thank you!

Buttercup

I chose my last career from my heart and it hasn't supported me. I need to use my head. Thank you for your input!
astro_2gw_03_lindsay.77677.7611.gif

Buttercup

I am currently a Pilates instructor which I think fits my mc in Virgo. It is also about transforming bodies and in the beauty industry which I would think fits Pluto in Libra in the tenth house. However it means that I am subject to constant fluctuations in income because I never know where my next client is coming from. I am concerned about stability in my career. With as many Cardinal planets as I have in my chart one would think that I would excel in business. However, I feel very fragile. I feel I am constantly burning the candle at both ends to make it all work and do not feel fulfilled. It is hard to take care of others when I cannot take care of myself. I would also think that I would be successful in business because my Jupiter in Taurus is second from the fifth house.

I am thinking about nursing school because I am interested in health, do well in school, and it is a stable career. Jupiter in the sixth house also leads me to believe that nursing would be a good career for me.

Of course I have 3 planets in cancer and all I really want to do is have a family and be at home:)

starlink

Buttercup, your horoscope image has expired. would you mind putting it up again? Thanks a lot. Then I could have a look at it.
Cheers, Starlink

AutumnMoonfire

Nursing school is HARD WORK, nursing itself is hard work and often thankless. I'm a Maternal Newborn RN and I love my job. BUT getting here was hard work and it's something you have to want pretty hard. Not something to undertake because you *think* you may be good at it.

Just sayin'...

smilingsteph

You had said you needed a stable career, I find nursing stable in the sense that yes you probably will always have a job, however the hours are not stable at all! With a family it is very hard I hear!
You have 12 hour shifts, you really are there 13-14 hours, giving report on your patients to the oncoming shift, in the middle of report patients need things, not to mention md's coming in and interrupting the continuation of care....
Again with the nursing shortage there is mandatory overtime at the hospital I work at...during the months of jan-march I was working four to five 13.5 hour shifts....you cannot go home if your kids are sick, you have a team of patients and management does not do a lot to get you home, you would have to wake the night shift up to come in early for you and even then you have to give report and finish your documentation....
Again if you are doing this for the economics of it, the look elsewhere, it is good money, but i dont even think about the money, when I have seven patients that are needing me! I am focused on their needs over my own...
And there goes the saying my bladder is as big as a motorhome, as I am lucky just to have a minute to use the restroom all shift, I what I can get my hands on, as even taking food to microwave is time consuming; finger foods are my friends :)

and if you are burning your candle at both ends, your candle will melt completely if you go into nursing...

Not to dissuade you from doing it, I just have not heard much from you that would make me think that nursing would be better for you, as you already know that pilates is tough,
Nursing is stable, but the patients are not, you never know what is going to happen during a shift, and it is very stressful....

I love it because I love my patients, each and every one of them,...I love seeing them get better, I love the people I work with, and I feel completely fufilled every day!

Buttercup

Thank you I will keep that in mind. If anyone can help me interpret my vocation in my chart I would really appreciate it. I am not always objective when it comes to myself. Thank you!

smilingsteph

I like the fact that you have virgo- sign of service to others in the tenth house.....ruler is mercury in cancer, a sign that also wants to care for others.....
Your pof is in the sixth so you will be good and have good luck finding jobs, I also have jupiter in the sixth house, work makes you feel good....you might want to just have fun at work with jupiter here.....they say that this is somewhat of a lazy placement, but I have it and I am a very hard worker!
You can do well and place a lot of emphasis on education....mars give you the drive to learn, travel and be open minded...
It is hard to see nursing exactly in a chart, but you do have good placements for good education, and for sure people and service is good here, making people feel comfortable with the human body, and spirituality...sun in cancer in the 8th....
Health field is for you for sure!

starlink

Hi Buttercup, I absolutely agree with SmilingSteph. Ruler of the 1st house in the 6th house totally points to being of service and it is also well known that people with ruler 1 in 6 could be workoholics, so I think you will work hard.
Perfect Mercury placement in Cancer in the 8th. Only problem here could be that you get too deeply involved with people (who might die, as is of course very possible in this profession) due to the square to Pluto.
I also think that if you will choose to do this kind of work, that your selfconfidence and self-image will be benefiting from it. Moon rules Mercury, so a career in the "caring for others" industry would be very good for you.

As you can see, Pluto, the planet of personal transformation, is the Apex of a T-square with Mercury/Sun and the Moon. This could mean that either a profession like this could transform you, or, more likely, that you will have to go through some sort of selftransformation in order to be able to do this work, or having any sort of career. Saturn rules your selfimage, selfworth, and Moon in Capricorn, even though very ambitious usually, can also be very insecure about own performances, thinking that they cant do this or that good enough. Saturn sextiles Pluto, another indication that transformation, starting to believe in yourself, will be the key to success for you.

The 8th house always shows worries and with so many planets there, you just worry far too much about yourself (Sun), your intellectual capacity (your Mercury) your health and work (Venus) and your finances (Saturn), maybe also about your friends (Venus again) and relationships, (Mercury again).

Your early childhood has made a huge impression on you (ruler of 4 in the 1st and your probably learned the lessons of having to work for your bread (other ruler 4 in 6). It is a bit of a pressure and duty for you (Neptune sextile Pluto and trine Saturn) but it could have caused feelings of hopelessness and isolation at times (Neptune square Mars, ruler of 12).

I think that one of the things to let go of is "letting go", particularly of rigid rules you once had to follow. A full 8th house has a lot to do with deep, old issues, usually unpleasant one's, fear, crisis etc. So it wont be easy to get rid of all that, but is sometimes necessary for us to move forward.

I would give this nursing career definitively a try if I were you. During your study you will soon find out if this is the thing for you or not.

Cheers, Starlink

Buttercup

Thank you Star and Smiling Steph for your thoughtful replies. I do think the health industry is a good fit for me. I am used to working hard and having to persevere. There is a minimum one year wait to get into school here in CA. In the meantime I will be taking prerequesites and I think I will have a better idea what I am getting myself into. Star, you mentioned that I worry a lot according to my chart. I think that I have had to worry a lot because of my life. Also, did you mean that I need to "let go" or let go of "letting go". Thank you for the time you put into looking at my chart :)