Historical Figures and The Part of Fortune

Blaze

Account Closed
Trump's natal has the Part of Fortune at 28 Aquarius in the 7th whole sign house. His POF receives an opposition from Mars, in Leo in the first house.
Interesting is that Trump's Lot of the Anaretai falls @ 28 Aquarius as well:sideways:-I have never encountered that connection in any other natal (or event) chart I have studied.

Thanks for the input, Dr Farr.

I haven't looked at Trumps natal chart in awhile but where is his Saturn? As the traditional ruler of Aquarius, its position would be of importance to his destiny. Well, if the theory holds up anyway.

Blaze

Account Closed
Just looked up the Trump chart. Saturn is in his 11th house - support of the people, positive hope, trust, praise etc. Would make sense that his destiny was tied into the "will of the many" with his current position.

But with Regulus conjunct Mars and Mars as his OSM....oh boy.

Regulus and Mars are also opposite his POF which could put a grim reality on his destiny, though, I hope that's not the case. But fixed stars...

Last edited:

dr. farr

In whole sign (which as you know is the only house format I use) Trump's Saturn is in his 12TH HOUSE, under Cancer (his Moon is conjunct the South Node, since he was born on a Lunar eclipse), along with Mercury and Venus under Cancer and in the 12th whole sign house as well.

Blaze

Account Closed
In whole sign (which as you know is the only house format I use) Trump's Saturn is in his 12TH HOUSE, under Cancer (his Moon is conjunct the South Node, since he was born on a Lunar eclipse), along with Mercury and Venus under Cancer and in the 12th whole sign house as well.

I thought about that angle too as I also prefer whole-sign. Found it much more accurate for my own chart.

But now, that changes his POF being a destiny point. Or does it? Perhaps becoming President will be his self-undoing, as it currently seems to be.

His Moon aspects Mars-Regulus which means it aspects his POF. Thus, his Saturn ruled POF's dispositor is in contact with the POF...and Regulus.

That seems like a connection, though not directly.

dr. farr

POF is still a destiny point, as it is angular in the 7th whole sign house; further, bu simple symbolic progression, the POF progresses into Trump's natal 10th house at the time of his election to President. However, POF and Lot of the Aneretai being the same, could indicate both ultimate success and ultimate disaster going hand in hand in Trump's case.

sadge

I'm just now discovering sabian symbols. It's interesting, but still unclear on what to do with them.

Do I simply go through all degree points and pull out the one-liner image of each one? And then what?

Another question: how have these symbols worked for any of you?

Thank you -- Sadge

Phoenix Venus

I'm just now discovering sabian symbols. It's interesting, but still unclear on what to do with them.

Do I simply go through all degree points and pull out the one-liner image of each one? And then what?

Another question: how have these symbols worked for any of you?

Thank you -- Sadge

Hey sadge,

The sabian symbols add a level of insight and accuracyto a chart reading.

You simply look up the sabian symbol for whatever planet/chart point you are wondering about.

For instance take someone with mars in scorpio.

Someone with mars at Scorpio 6 ("THE GOLD RUSH TEARS MEN AWAY FROM THEIR NATIVE SOIL.") is going to be very different from someone with mars at Scorpio 7 ("DEEP SEA DIVERS") or mars at Scorpio 8 ("A CALM LAKE BATHED IN MOONLIGHT")

To get the best understanding of a particular symbol read the full summation as interpreted by Dane Rudhyar in his book "An Astrological Mandala". I can't say his interpretations are perfect but they are very enlightening and accurate. I believe them to be divinely inspired. He had a true understanding of symbolism and progression of the zodiac in relation to progression of humanity.

You can find his symbols here:

http://www.mindfire.ca/An%20Astrological%20Mandala/An%20Astrological%20Mandala%20-%20Contents.htm

Due to the enumeration of degrees read the next number up for instance anything from 00.01-00.59 Aries is the first degree of Aries.

A good place to start is with the chart axis (time of birth needs to be accurate) and the planet's that are most prominent for the person.

The axis can be read like this:

A.c. = who
Dc = whom-to; who you are becoming
MC= how you progress from a.c. to dc
IC = why you are on said path

Then, once you get a good handle on the major symbolism, start to look up symbols for the Arabic parts. This is where it gets even more telling and accurate (for instance part of fortune, part of love, part of skill, etc.)

Last edited:

sadge

Thanks, Phoenix! Been checking over it...I think your Dane link will be more valuable than the other sites I found.

I will report back. Still not sure what to think of my POF in relation to it. My POF is in conjunction with Jupiter, both of which trine my sun. So it's a significant player, just not sure how significant.

Phoenix Venus

The topic of George Washington came up in another thread and I found his part of fortune to be so appropriate, I have to post it here.

He's got some interesting conjunctions to this part. Saturn, the Twelfth house cusp, and his part of fortune all conjunct in the same exact degree of the zodiac, which is Aries 3.

Let's analyze this conjunction for a minute! We've found the Twelfth house cusp to represent symbolically "the answer to the worlds biggest problem as the native sees it"! Saturn is the planet representing authority. So we can say that his purpose was fulfilled by becoming an authority for answering the problems facing society. Major implications.

His pof was also making a wider conjunction to venus, quintiling Neptune, sextile the MC & semi-sextile sun.

He's got some other interesting symbolism going on that I'd like to point out as well.

His MC at 30 capricorn is: "A SECRET MEETING OF MEN RESPONSIBLE FOR EXECUTIVE DECISIONS IN WORLD AFFAIRS"

And his IC at 30 cancer: "A DAUGHTER OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION."

Given that the MC/IC is about the lifepath, these placements really highlight the veracity of the sabians symbols!

He's also got mercury at 7 aqua which I discussed a bit earlier in the thread, being that it's USA's south node. This degree shows up time and time again for those who hold a significant role in the unfoldment of the nation's progress.

This is his part of fortune at 3 aries:

THE CAMEO PROFILE OF A MAN, SUGGESTING THE SHAPE OF HIS COUNTRY.

KEYNOTE: The sustaining power of the Whole, as the individual identifies themselves with It’s life.

Having become objectively aware of their nature and basic humanity, the individualizing person finds power and inner security in realizing their essential identity with the section of the universe in which they operate. They and it seem to the consciousness united in a cosmic-planetary process - in a "participation mystique." Metaphysically expressed, this is the concept of the identity of Atman and Brahman. In another sense, through the ability to identify themselves with the complex of life activities surrounding them, the individual person can become truly, not only an image and representation of the Whole of their natal environment (local, planetary and perhaps eventually cosmic), but an agent through whom the Whole may express itself in an act of creative resonance and outpouring. This is the avatar ideal — the ideal of a "transpersonal" life and consciousness totally consecrated to and directed by a divine Power. This Power can also be conceived as the archetypal Self, the Christ-principle as it operates in and through an individual person and destiny who have become its outward manifestation in order to meet a collective human need.

The concept of the formal-structural identity of the universal macrocosm and the human microcosm is a very important one, as it manifests itself at many levels. It provided an inner sense of security and harmonic strength to archaic man. To the modern individual assailed by surface evidence of meaninglessness and futility it gives a feeling of participation in the vast tide of evolution. It is the answer to the tragic sense of alienation so prevalent today.

This symbol characterizes the third stage of the first five-fold sequence of phases: the stage of PARTICIPATION IN A GREATER LIFE.