Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 11-18-2009, 10:30 AM

What to make of Saturn & Rahu in the 12th?

I have heard it said that Rahu and Saturn are the most similar to one another and that they both cause the same energies. I am assuming from this that the two planets are friends then and are perhaps good for each other? Or do they both accentuate the malignant qualities they have?

I have Saturn conjunct Rahu in the 12th house LEO. If I'm not mistaken, both these planets are in Detriment here in the 12th house. Though I have a very active & happy sex life with various partners throughout the years (always safe of coarse) Friendships & committed relationships have been hard to come by. Though admittedly I've always been rather fearful of romantic commitment because I grew up with a mother who felt trapped in her own marriage and that has definitely affected my own comfort level in a serious relationship, the friendships have been difficult to come by not due to my own fears, but rather I have a history of friends turning out enemies...That is friends who were only being my friends because they wanted something from me or wanted to be a part of my image (I was somewhat popular in highschool). For instance in the times in my life when Money and Reputation have been high the friends come like bees to a flower and they always ask for my advice and help but as soon as I need something they are nowhere to be found. In response to this I intentionally developed an almost Hermit like lifestyle making shallow connections only when it suits me. I'd rather have no one than have a bunch of hypocrites around me. Ironically, I often felt lonlier around others than I have on my own. And I have a feeling that this has something to do with Rahu here. What do you think?

Oh and since Saturn rules my 5th house one could assume that progeny would be difficult. I've never had a desire for children (or marriage for that matter) so I think that is an expression of my Capricorn 5th house with it's ruler in the 12th?

Tags
12th, make, rahu, saturn