Turning the horary chart?

Celeste

...i was reading an article by Jackie Slevin where says if we ask a question with the subject being someone else we should turn the horary chart...

is that correct?

i mean, if i would ask 'will he move in with me' - a 7H relationship question-, HE would be the ASC and I would be represented by the 7H cusp ruler?

gemini59

I think it depends. I like turning houses but in some cases you would not. If you ask about a love interest and his relationship with you, you would be the asker (querant) and he the askee (quesited). Thus you would be the 1st and he the 7th. Now if you are asking a question that leaves you completely out of the equation like "will he get the job' I would use him as the first and your just out of the question though Saturn in the 7th implies beware astrologer error!
Hope this helps.

Celeste

thank you so much Cassandra!

yes it is a little confusing..he is not in a relationship w me -used to be though- but the person he s with now... looks like is not working out.... so we spoke recently and he said he ll leave that house in december.... but i dont know... i didnt ask in depth... but in a way the Q does put me in the equation - since the house is my house and i hope he ll move in w me... but the way i asked the Q makes me wonder if he could be the 7H ?

gemini59

gosh...I hate questions where there is another third party cause then who is who?....even if you try to leave yourself out of it you still wonder where you are in the equation...yikes!
There is an article on Skyscript on relationships where they help you understand a lot of that...third party questions like 'will the guy I love go to another woman' type questions....I still get aggravated and throw up my hands:(

Celeste

yes.... but when the question is formulated:
will he move in w me after he leaves his current house....

it only speaks about physical locations and moving.
so i should maybe just look at mercury?

freedomlover

Celeste,

I'm of the opinion that there would be no chart turning required in the incident that you mentioned. I would think that you would just look to positive aspects with the sigs for you and him and your place of residence - so the 7th and 4th, I guess. Maybe include aspects with the ruler of his turned 2nd, since I'm assuming he would be bringing some of his things with him.:wink: Thus, I guess, you would need to turn the chart to get his turned 2nd - but otherwise, no, I don't think so.

Somebody please correct me if I'm off-base here.

FL

Celeste

thanks freedomlover....
yes he would have to bring here his stuff and his dog too :)

i guess i ll post the chart and see what you think ...id like to turn it since moon would fall in his 4H ,,,this way would make more sense but if we re not turning the chart,,,sigs 1/7 do not apply (except for a useless semisquare) and 7H takes the moon..

but if not turned moon in his 4H scorpio may mean he s staying where he is, with scorpio being a fixed sign

however.... here is the chart !! thanks for looking!

9rt6it.gif

Last edited:

freedomlover

quoting: Celeste

thanks freedomlover....
yes he would have to bring here his stuff and his dog too :)

i guess i ll post the chart and see what you think ...id like to turn it since moon would fall in his 4H ,,,this way would make more sense but if we re not turning the chart,,,sigs 1/7 do not apply (except for a useless semisquare) and 7H takes the moon..
Okay, Celeste, but I'm learning here... so take it with a grain of salt....

Well, with the chart as it is.. with your sig and his turned 2nd, in his turned 2nd ....it almost looks like you'd be moving in with him. The Sun- his turned 2nd, is moving away from you, and preparing to change signs into Libra. Also the ruler of his intercepted 2nd is backing into a conjunction with you in his 2nd house - your 8th. Moon will sextile Saturn, but only after a trine to Mars in Cancer on the 7th, and a square from Jupiter Rx in Aquarius, in your 1st.

Also, the ruler of your 4th is Venus at 1 degree Virgo, also in the 8th. All sigs are moving away from Venus - so I wouldn't read that as any activity coming into your home. Unless you counted the upcoming semi-sextile with the Sun ( his possessions) after it changes signs into Libra.

I'm wondering about the Moon in Scorpio in the 10th trining Mars in Cancer on the 7th - I'm wondering if the guy has issues about not being the one who is providing the home? or work/provision issues of some sort. If you turn his chart, Mars in Cancer rules his turned 4th, and is conjunct his turned 1st, slightly from the 12th. This configuration might show a man with alot of emotional turmoil, and may prefer to be alone. The combo might also show issues with females, esp. mother. With all those signs, he might be skitterish at the slightest sign of being controlled. Possibility of house-husband type of issues, with the Cancer/Virgo combo. Will he be working/have an income if he moves in? It's hard to tell too much for sure without more background info.

I do see what you mean, though, by if you turn the chart, it looks like a "yes, he will move in."

FL

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't say it almost looks like you'd be moving in, but more like a dependency of some sort, with the sigs for you and your 4th being in his 8th. Your 2 sigs of Venus and Saturn are going to conjunct in the 8th, as well, (his turned 2nd), with no interference that I can see, unless you count the opposition to Uranus Rx in Pisces in your 2nd. So, you and your home are going to conjunct in his turned 2nd. Do you need his income or talents/skills/help around the house?

Interesting chart.

Last edited:

Celeste

hi FL!

..i thought semi sextiles didnt count in horary?
anyways

things are..he cant afford the place where he s at now; and he s having doubts about his gf...[the woman he left me for , 2 years ago.]
so ur totally right about the emotional turmoil..!

seems like jupiter rx conj my natal DSC at 19 degrees brought him back in my life,,, now we talk and he may be realizing what he s lost..
if he moved in w me his expenses would be about half of the half compared to what he s paying now...i own my house...i dont NEED him to help me w the expenses but of course some help would be nice.
if that, he would NEED me more if we re speaking finances.

...i do need him, one bcs i love him, and two because he s very talented at what he does and i want to be part of it. (hes a music producer and a multiinstrumentalist)
i would want partnership in his business and i would invest in it.
he loved the idea..

my natal NN is conj his venus ,,his venus and my venus are conj by 1 degree in synastry... my MC is conj his jupiter and his SN. he knows im so good for him. but he has decisions to make...

back to the chart..you are perfectly right here too...
he needs my stability... i need his talent.
(not his income which is very fluctuant since he s freelance..)