"Horary Astrology Land" Consolidation

Do you agree with this plan of forum consolidation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Arian Maverick

As you have undoubtedly noticed, the Astrologers' Community has been expanding rapidly since its creation on February 17, 2005; at the time of writing, its statistics stand thus:

Threads: 2,156, Posts: 15,211, Members: 2,175, Active Members: 192

Radu and I have created an overwhelming number of boards in an attempt to organize these vast number of threads and posts, yet now we are seeking to consolidate the forum in order to reduce the distance one must scroll down to reach the end of the main page.

I believe that one of the most effective solutions in this situation would be to create multiple sub-sections within a single Horary Astrology Board, yet I am aware that this move would affect those members who frequent the series of threads in Horary Astrology Land, which, according to Radu, is one of the most consistent parts of the forums.

Therefore, we wish to receive your opinions and feedback concerning this matter so that we may arrive at a decision that benefits everyone. Thank you in advance for your contributions! :D

Arian Maverick

Francesca

Thank you for asking our opinion. Do you mean you would have one general horary section and we would have to go into that section and look for topics which interested us on a piecemeal basis? Now we have headers into various sections. I guess it wouldn't be too tough that way-just take a little longer to check things, I guess. I'm not sure why you want to make a change though.

Arian Maverick

Do you mean you would have one general horary section and we would have to go into that section and look for topics which interested us on a piecemeal basis?

Yes, it would be very similar to the Natal Astrology Board; the different sub-sections would be contained within a single board dedicated to horary astrology.

I'm not sure why you want to make a change though.

To provide some relevant background information to those members who may have only recently registered, the current format of "Horary Astrology Land" was created before Radu switched to vbulletin, a server which offers many exclusive features our old one did not--including sub-sections. Had a horary astrology board been created today, I am confident that Radu and I would have chosen to take advantage of this feature in order to leave more space for the creation of new categories ;)

Arian Maverick

P.S. If anyone has any New Ideas for Boards, do not be hesitant to suggest them!

Summery Joy

I'm not sure what the suggestion is (forgive me.. I'm slow in the morning)

So do you mean that we will have one horary forum with all the threads there or section of horary that when we enter we find many sub-forums of horaries by topic?

I'd prefer the second option. One big horary forum would be hard to browse and search.

pwadm

Staff member
Beth was suggesting if we should follow the example of the Natal Astrology board where 3 new subboards were created recently in an attempt to organize the existent threads on natal astrology, following the example of Horary Astrology Land.

We could do the same for the horary section, transforming the current main boards for different topics in subboards of a Horary Astrology board, similarly as in the Natal Astrology Board.

Advantages:
  • Less to scroll down until reaching the bottom of the page
  • Horary becomes just another branch of astrology, in line with others, instead of a spoiled child of the forums with an entire section of its own
Disadvantages:
  • Horary astrology regulars will have to waste one click's time until they get to the subboards and see the last active thread in each subboard
For one, I think I'd rather prefer to keep it the way it currently is as I'm a horary regular...]

Please express your vote! Thank you.

Arian Maverick

Sabian Guidance

Since the vote is split 40/60, I believe some sabian guidance is needed! :)

Would this change benefit the community?

A forest fire quenched.
19º Aquarius

319__(19°)
A FOREST FIRE SUBDUED, THE WEARY FIGHTERS FEEL JUBILANT Exaggeration of life-problems, which reveals to man his real stature and which expands him. Impatient challenge. Ascendancy.

___*When positive, the degree is special skill in bringing personal interests to some larger point of effectiveness, and when negative, a fear of experience and a subtle delight in calamity.

What is my true motivation for initiating this project?

A prophet bringing down the new law from mount sinai.
22º Pisces

352__(22°)
DOWN A SYMBOLIC MOUNTAIN IF INDUSTRY COMES A NEW MOSES Man's success in meeting the challenge of a new order. Codification of new values. Holding oneself to highest standards.

___*When positive, the degree is self-sacrifice and a determination to further the ultimate upliftment of all men, and when negative, self-exploitation and impenetrable egotism.

Am I acting in the community's best interests or simply interfering?

An oriental rug dealer in a store filled with precious ornamental rugs.
25º Capricorn

295__(25°)
LITTLE BOYS FROLIC UPON SOFT RUGS IN AN ORIENTAL STORE First realization of cultural values through sensuous enjoyment. Refinement of sensations. Psychological enrichment.

___*When positive, the degree is an effective employment of the facilities and goods of a modern society, and when negative, concern over trivialities.

What is the collective thought of the horary astrology regulars?

A large white dove bearing a message.
20º Aquarius

320__(20°)
WHITE DOVE CIRCLES OVERHEAD;DESCENDS, BEARING A MESSAGE The blessing of every effort by the "Holy Ghost" of revealed significance. Exaltation of all individual efforts. Celebrity.

___*When positive, the degree is a facility for ordering all personal desires in a cosmic framework and a gift for knowing when to act and what to do, and when negative, sanctimonious self-deception.

These symbols seem encouraging thus far, but naturally, there must be some drawbacks. What is the main reason not to execute this idea?

A barometer.
13º Aquarius

313__(13°)
A BAROMETER HANGS UNDER THE PORCH OF A QUIET RURAL INN Vantage point in consciousness whence life may be observed and measured in peace. Inner retreat of a soul seeking truth.

___*When positive, the degree is unusual keenness of observation and exceptional competence in judgement, and when negative, superficial uncertainty and a continual trimming to passing events.

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Amazing! as usual.

Well, it seems all clear. We should do this move.

Besides, in my last private message to you, yesterday, I said:
Wait until at least 5 votes are gathered...
and there are already 5 votes.

Let me go watch the world cup final and then I'll start creating the subforums - a couple of hours from now.

Arian Maverick

This is a bit off-topic, but I received some amazing insight from the Sabian Symbols' Oracle today, one of which can be found in the thread Choosing death?:

"Has Ace's mother lost the will to live?"

Cherub-like, a human soul whispers, seeking to manifest.
14º Leo

134__(14°)
CHERUB-LIKE, A HUMAN SOUL WHISPERS, SEEKING TO MANIFEST The desire to be, to suffer and to grow which brings Spirit to Earth. Whole-souled self-giving. Yearning for experience.

___*When positive, the degree is a genius for an absolute wholeheartedness of participation in the everyday adventures of personality, and when negative, naive procrastination and a lack of all genuine interest or enthusiasm.

Earlier this morning, in response to an inquiry I received via private message, I (jokingly) asked the Oracle, "Am I an old man?"

A flock of wild geese.
12º Aries

A FLOCK OF WHITE GEESE FLIES OVERHEAD ACROSS CLEAR SKIES A soul as yet socially immature and unadjusted; not come down to full and steady concrete expression. Self-discovery.

___*When positive, the degree is a completely naive independence or an ever-immediate capacity for rising above any giving involvement in experience, and when negative, thoughtless disinterest in anything of real value to the self.

I should mention that, before I received this sabian gift, I had written the following introductory sentence: The last time I checked, I was a socially awkward teen with frizzy hair and braces...

Therefore, I am quite inclined to take the advice of the Oracle! ;)

EDIT: Here is one last confirmation: Am I doing the right thing?

A christmas tree decorated.
9º Taurus

39__(9°)
A CHRISTMAS TREE LOADED WITH GIFTS AND LIGHTED CANDLES A symbol of the promise which outer life offers to the pure in heart; of immortality through giving of self to the race.

___*When positive, the degree is man's achievement of complete self-satisfaction through a simple sharing of his potentials with his fellows, and when negative, a desire to place people under obligation and to enjoy life's riches without payment in kind.

Arian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
As you see, the boards move already took place. I hope this will help keeping the forums more organized, becoming a better place for everybody.

Please address here, in the main Horary Astrology forum, all general and theoretical inquiries.
When commenting a chart or just asking a question please select the appropriate category from the available subforums. This way we'll keep this place organized and easy to browse.

Thanks!

Barry-ann

Hi!

I'm always slow, not only in the morning. That's why I only discovered this general section of horary a few months after the new format was introduced. It's virtually-physically far below all the other threads, and it has a sticky in it I did not even see.
Can't you create a 'General' section as a first thread in the 'Horary Astrology' forum? It would be nice to have info on how to post a question somewhere clear and visible!!

Thanks, Barry-Ann

Arian Maverick

Good suggestion, Barry-ann! :)

I'm not sure this is possible, since we may or may not need at least one thread that is not categorized...but I'll inform Radu nevertheless.

Arian Maverickk

Summery Joy

Actually, Beth, a General category should include questions about horary and their answers. There used to be one. Let's just bring those posts back from where they ended up.

pwadm

Staff member
I changed the description and added this text - "Horary Astrology all the way! Discuss specific horary questions and charts in their respective categories/subforums and general horary issues (theory, techniques, philosophy) in this board - scroll below all subforums to see the threads."

I hope this solves the misunderstanding and helps avoid creating yet another subforum...