Sun opposition Saturn

Flowergirl

What is your experience with natal Sun opposition natal Saturn aspect ?

A very bloody difficult life, that's how I experience this. Having a lot of difficult people in your life, having a lot of difficult relationships and frustrations and having to live with a lot of restrictions too. Being thwarted a lot and not being able to manifest what you want for your life. Having to live with a lot of authority over you and having to compromise, compromise, compromise... This leading to a lot of anger and resentment at life.

This aspect is supposed to show problems with the father figure, but in my own life I've experienced these same difficulties with women with a very masculine approach to life. In other words, difficult relationships with women who have rejected their femininity, show no compassion and are quite ruthless to maintain their authority and control over you.

This is also very interesting.

BobZemco

Oh.... its too scary but finally i understood why no one ever post in my threads.... i am invisible :innocent:

No, it's because you're not practicing Astrology, and, after all, this is an Astrology web-site, not an Aspectology web-site. The Aspectology web-site for the not too bright who want to waste their time is down the hall and to the left.

In order to practice Astrology, we need to know Saturn's longitudinal position. If Saturn happens to be at 18° Aquarius, then Saturn will be both a Pitted Degree and an Azieme Degree, which means Saturn will not function well in your chart, and that if you don't have a congenital deformity or illness affecting your head/neck, then at some point in your life you will suffer a serious injury to the head/neck or illness (probably when the Directed Ascendant, Time Ruler or Pre-natal Moon makes a square or opposition to natal Saturn).

The Sun opposing any Planet functions as a Malefic, and if Sun is opposing Saturn, then it is impeding Saturn and preventing Saturn from functioning in your Chart. If Saturn rules your 2nd House, then you would understand why you'll always be a pay-check away from Poverty your whole life and the Sun's position by House and the House it rules will tell you who or what or why you will spend your life one step away from Poverty.

Asking other people what their experiences are is like asking, "Who else on this forum has my Mother and Father for a mother and father and grew up in my house with me? Which is kind of silly, right? Your chart is unique. Unless someone else has a chart identical to yours, everyone else's experience is going to be completely different than yours, which isn't going to help you understand your chart.

Astrology is also a Visual Art. It requires a chart to see, because there are many, many subtleties. It makes a difference if Saturn is Direct or Retrograde and whether the Sun is Above or Below the Horizon. It also makes a difference if Saturn is in a masculine/feminine House or Sign. You know the Signs, right? Those little decorative thingies around the chart-wheel? Those are really, really important in Astrology, and knowing the Signs is critical to correctly interpreting an aspect, and so is are the Houses.

10th House Aries Sun trine 1st House Leo Mars is not the same as 9th House Aries Sun trine 1st House Leo Mars, which isn't the same as 9th House Aries Sun trine 1st House Leo Mars Retrograde, which is not the same as 9th House Aries Sun trine 12th House Leo Mars, which is different still from 9th House Pisces Sun trine 1st House Cancer Mars. Those are all "Sun trine Mars" but each has a unique (meaning completely different) interpretation.

DreamingTheSeas

First of all thank you all for your answers.

I do not think I was disrespectful and inappropriate, if i was i will ask you to forgive me. Anyway, the specific aspect is on my daughter's chart.

waybread

Dreaming, I find Bob's post inappropriate. I appreciate that he feels very strongly about the way he practices astrology, but aspects have been used in astrology since the classical period. (Ptolemy used them differently than we do today, but my English translation of his work Tetrabiblos calls them aspects.)

I have sun opposite Saturn. When people have this ASPECT (Bob!) Saturn is retrograde. Its critical energy gets turned inward. Developing a sense of self-confidence was difficult in my earlier years. Just think of ways for your daughter to look at Saturn as her greatest teacher. She can benefit from learning his lessons of maturity, patience, resourcefulness, and hard work.

Now that I am in my 60s, I have a lot more confidence than I did when I was young. Saturn tends to reward his pupils later in life.

DreamingTheSeas

waybread, thank you very much for sharing your experience. A a parent i just want her to have a dreaming life and that aspect (and Saturn in 6th house with Sun in 11/12th house), makes me worry a little bit.

Flowergirl

This is an opportunity to learn great acceptance, endurance, maturity and wisdom. Not fun, but these are qualities worth having, even though the cultivation of it can involve a lot of struggle. Think of the tarot card TEMPERANCE. Learning balance in your life, going with the flow without giving resistance to reality (accepting reality) and finding creative ways to work with what you have. Look at it from the point of view that this is what your daughters' soul came here to learn and experience.

all the best

PS: perhaps uploading her chart can give astrologers a better idea of what her life will be like with this aspect.

Attachments

• Tarot14.jpg
    Tarot14.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
aspects, to waybread

waybread,

You said:
I appreciate that he [Bob] feels very strongly about the way he practices astrology, but aspects have been used in astrology since the classical period. (Ptolemy used them differently than we do today, but my English translation of his work Tetrabiblos calls them aspects.)

I agree with this. I think of astrology as occurring in layers, so the planets themselves are one layer, the planets in the houses another layer, the planets in the signs another layer, the planets in aspect to each other another layer, etc. While we can't know a LOT with simply knowing how the planets aspect each other, we can know SOMEthing. After that, of course, the more information we have to add to each layer, and the more detail we get about each layer, the more we can say about the astrological result.

About the layers,

Tim

waybread

Re: aspects, to waybread

Right, Tim! Bob knows a heap more astrology than I ever will. On the other hand, Firmicus Maternus (4th century AD) writes about aspects, as well. So they have been part of astrology for a very long time.

DreamingTheSeas, the best you can do for your daughter re: sun opposite Saturn is whatever you can to boost her self-esteem, and to teach her the positive Saturnine values of hard work and perseverence.. As Flowergirl indicated, the father is often involved in this aspect so if he is present in your child's life, do your best to engage him in this project. If he is absent, she may feel inadequate because the one man who is supposed to look after her is missing. Positive male role models should be helpful.

Flowergirl

DreamingTheSeas, the best you can do for your daughter re: sun opposite Saturn is whatever you can to boost her self-esteem, and to teach her the positive Saturnine values of hard work and perseverence..

That is possibly the best advice on this aspect. Self-esteem suffers a lot under this aspect.

waybread

Thanks, Flowergirl.

Just to draw a finer point on it, when Saturn is in a difficult aspect in the chart, it generally shows where we feel inadequate and not good enough. With Saturn retrograde, this energy turns inward; and with the sun involved, it seems as though one's very identity and being is inadequate.

In my case, I got kind of a double-whammy, with Pluto opposite my sun, as well. The two are not conjunct, but the midpoint is just a degree off an exact opposition.

I suffered a lot from low self-confidence when I was younger, which became a self-fulfilling prophecy, because people generally do treat us in the way we expect to be treated.

Fortunately, things got better with age. Saturn is the planet of maturity and old age, so a lot of the self-confidence I gained came just from accumulating enough solid life experience.

Kerrie

Actually I got the seperated from the father at age 1, the aspect is 1 degree to exact. A friend of mine has the same aspect and the same thing happened.

We both have no contact at all...since then pretty much. Mine is a 5/11 axis, the friends is a 4/10 axis.

Flowergirl

Hi waybread, yes awareness does makes it easier with time. I am still trying to work through this now that I've become so aware of it. I've had very low self-esteem all my life (despite trying to pretend otherwise :smile:) and despite my mother trying hard to help me to have more self-confidence, the rest of the family did the opposite. I guess we do attract the condescending sort of behaviour of others, when it has become an ingrained belief in the self. Not feeling adequate and not good enough are such good descriptions of how it feels.

I've been told by intuitive friends that I struggle with a lot of self-doubt and I didn't understand it for the longest time. It took learning astrology for me to make sense of it. I'd been in denial of the problem so long (me Pisces rising) that I didn't even recognise it anymore. I've made some progress now that I understand it better. That helps. I'm sure with more time I can shed light on the damaging patterns and create more self-confidence for myself. I'm only 30 now and (I believe) still in the integration stages of my Saturn return.

Kerrie, I didn't know my father at all and only met him for the first time when I was a teenager. Interesting hey? The missing father makes it hard to build a healthy ego.

Last edited:

waybread

My father was very much part of my family growing up, although as a workaholic he left the house early and returned in the evening. He also exhibited the stern disciplinarian face of Saturn oftentimes.

Supposedly Saturn symbolizes one's father in a night birth; and the sun, in a day birth. With sun opposite Saturn, you kind of get it, either way.

Flowergirl, please have faith that are gaining in self-confidence day by day. As you look at how much you've mastered and the maturity you've achieved to date, you can see the progress from your teenage years.

I have Virgo rising and Saturn in Virgo, a placement that tends to make one hyper-critical of oneself; and then sadly, oftentimes of other people. With Pisces rising, you may have the Piscean "psychic sponge" quality, where you are sensitized to other people's negativity and project it inward. Probably your ASC has progressed into Aries, though, so you can now let out your inner woman warrior!

Amit89

I have this aspect natally. sun in the 10th opposing saturn in the 4th.

I have similar experiences to what waybread has described. People may generally have poor self esteem and poor self confidence. I had to fight to increase my self esteem and self confidence.

My experiences of this aspect is 50/50. Saturn is the planet of delays, restrictions and limitations and with this planet aspect, it restricts the sun. My father was a bit over the top harsh on me. Sometimes an individual may feel with this aspect they are only liked for their achievements.

This aspect is generally challenging to live and it can teach an individual lessons. People with this aspect will need to change their outlook in life and accept that some people and even family members may misunderstand, judge or make assumptions against one. An individual will also have to enhance thier own self esteem and self confidence which is necessary for living in the world. Being assertive is also the key and one must remember that it is them who are in charge of their own destiny and must take responsibility for their own happiness. Learning the lessons of saturn will be key like patience, hard work, persistence, resourcefulness, organisation.

Amit

Last edited:

serafin5

I've got to agree with Waybread earlier; I don't think Bob's attitude in his reply to DreamingtheSeas was appropriate either. Why the hostility? I thought we came together here at AW due to our mutual love of astrology and we are all at different places in our learning. I can see that Bob is very knowledgeable and extremely analytical. I assumed there is a place here for everybody.

I am not comfortable being needlessly cruel but as compared to Bob a novice and I'm probably not practicing astrology right either. I wanted to reply to this thread and ask if Sun sq. Sat is anything similar but I'm scared I'll get ripped a new one!

Sincerely, Serafin5:tongue:

Flowergirl

Let us forgive the man and continue with this thread. He has not apologized but let us put aside our fears of criticism and enjoy this thread. We all make some rash posts and comments once in a while. :whistling: :bandit: