Yods & Unaspected Planets - what you can expect

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
K. Hamaker-Zondag also points out that she has found in her clients a tendency towards yods and unaspected planets being found in several generations of a family.

This makes sense............Both yods and unaspected planets can take a lifetime to understand/get to grips with........So, an "incoming Soul" might speed up the process by being born in close contact with someone who has already got some conscious experience of the issues.

Star said:
Maybe something for the Education Board EJ.

640949c11326841eb.gif

............................Did I see an escape hatch somewhere around here???

CarrieLee said:
..Some one once said that I have a boomerang because Saturn the Apex planet is also opposite Mer/Ven.

You certainly have two Yods, Carrie......I'd consider the Mercury/Venus opposition as too wide for a boomerang......but others would regard the orb as acceptable......so if it feels like one to you, then it is one.......I guess the Saturn/Neptune quincunx is highly significant because it appears in both Yods; Saturn/Chiron are your only retrograde planets and these two plus the North Node are located in the same sign (Aries)..........And that focus on Aries also emphasises the importance of Venus (the final dispositor of all other planets in the chart and located in both the sign and house of relationships).

EJ:)

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I am not sure if that works EJ. As far as I have read, any Yod has a 6th-8th house meaning,but it is actually an interesting thing you are suggesting.
I just cannot remember where I read about this. It was very long ago.

Could Isabel M. Hickey's Astrology: A Cosmic Science be a possible source, starlink?

Inconjunct: Keyword: Adjustment. 150 degreees apart. An inconjunct is on one side or the other of an opposition. If it is in the sign before the opposition it is in a 6th house relationship. If on the other side it is an eighth hous erelationship. This makes a difference in how it operates. The sixth house inconjunct gives difficulties in either work or heatlh. The eighth house inconjunct has to do with the necessity of regeneration and transformation where the character is concerned.

This is a fascinating conversation, by the way. I wish I had more time presently to contribute...

K. Hamaker-Zondag also points out that she has found in her clients a tendency towards yods and unaspected planets being found in several generations of a family.

Yes, this is definitely the case in my immediately family; both my brother and I "inherited" a yod aspect with the common Neptune-Pluto sextile base from our father, and I have an additional yod, just for kicks. My father's yod has Pisces Sun apex; my brother's yod has Gemini Venus apex; one of my yods, the one with the Neptune-Pluto base, has Gemini Mars apex. I don't have the recorded time of birth of either of my paternal grandparents, but oddly enough, I don't recall seeing any such configuration in either of their possible natal charts. I haven't explored unaspected planets, however.

This makes sense............Both yods and unaspected planets can take a lifetime to understand/get to grips with........So, an "incoming Soul" might speed up the process by being born in close contact with someone who has already got some conscious experience of the issues.

This is an interesting idea, EJ. It's been a while since I've researched yods, but I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family. I found this to be a somewhat bizarre idea at the time, but I've since reconsidered.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

CarrieLee

Thank you so much for peeking at my chart EJ. Your the first on this forum, because I was working off an old old computer I was unable to post it. I will have to ponder if I feel it is a boomerang or not. I do feel Mer/Sat opposition VERY strongly, all the time. And I even wonder if I have a learning disability at times but that may also be attributed to Nep/Sat because of my inability to focus. As a child I could only learn best when I was doing my odd doodles. Yet on the news the other day it was stated that people who doodle in a classroom have better retention of the subject matter:) I am off to ponder Saturn in Aries inconjunct Neptune in Scorpio 2nd and 9th house
And perhaps now is the time I invest in the Yod book
Thanks again
Carrie:)

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif
    astro_2gw_01_carrie.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 33

EJ53

Banned
Carrie said:
..I am off to ponder Saturn in Aries inconjunct Neptune in Scorpio 2nd and 9th house....

Neptune's in 8th house Carrie.........transformation through imagination/intuition/inspiration of views about life and death?........Which might suggest that Saturn warns against a self-image based material values.....So, perhaps this quincunx concerns learning to enjoy the things (and people) you value in this life without becoming so attached to them that you cannot let go.

AM said:
....I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family.

It may be that the Yod configuration itself makes spiritual guidance easier....So, "ancestors" might be simply accessing whomever they can to improve the family of mankind.

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
This is so well expressed, EJ!!
That Chiron in 3rd house certainly makes its mark. And with Chiron in 3rd, there is also a natural teaching ability, something I've noticed emerging more and more in your posts.

Arian Maverick said:
This is an interesting idea, EJ. It's been a while since I've researched yods, but I remember reading a suggestion that individuals who have yod aspects--possibly unaspected planets, as well--may find that their destiny is guided by the spirits of departed ancestors, who are seeking to improve the family. I found this to be a somewhat bizarre idea at the time, but I've since reconsidered.
You'd better believe it!! I'm certainly `aware' of those through the veil - in particular my mother - whenever I'm struggling with this stuff. I feel she left me a big mess to clean up - literally - so her help is very welcome, by whatever method it reaches me.

And to wander into the next generation after rambling on about my unaspected Mercury.............. I figured that my children would surely possess some feature of this mercury-thing, even if they are male, and the blocked Mercury expression was only found on the female side of my family.
My oldest son has Mercury in a T-square with a Pluto-Moon opposition. He was an awful child - always in trouble, always being kicked out of school - but once he left school and discovered that he could use his Mercury (in Cancer in 10th, with Gemini MC) to educate himself, then he calmed down and found a focus. (In my female line a lack of formal education has also been at the crux of the Mercury issue - and this is something I knew I had to change, and so did.)
My other son has Mercury in Virgo in opposition to his Pisces Moon, the latter of which forms one of the sextiles in his yod. His mouth sometimes gets him into trouble, but just as skillfully gets him out of it!

EJ53 said:
It may be that the Yod configuration itself makes spiritual guidance easier....So, "ancestors" might be simply accessing whomever they can to improve the family of mankind.
I believe this is true - at least, from what my ancestors `indicate' to me.
It's just that the majority of us simply don't recognise the signs. My son who has a yod has a remarkable ability - if left to sort things out himself without interference - to do the `right' thing and at exactly the right time. He'll wallow around in a sea of inaction, and then suddenly he'll do a series of things in quick succession, all of which somehow clear things in his life, seemingly effortlessly.

CarrieLee

EJ
I have always read my Neptune in the 9th house and have been told to by other astrologers (it is why I originally said 9th)
I love your reading of it in the 8th...I have had to let my children go early..My son decided he wanted to live with my ex at age 12 and My beloved Amanda moved out on her own before the age of 18 (i attribute that to her Aquarius Rising i might be wrong) I am a smother mother (Moon/Pluto exact square) so my children are my world so your interpretation is dead on and I thank you :)
I was an extreme materialist when I was younger ( I have 4 planets in Virgo)and I have had to love doing without so again you were right
I must now go back and look at things differently :) How fun is that
And taking a lifetime to understand ..Well that will be fun also
Question is do they go away? Meaning do they get better? Or will this always be an issue ?
Thanks

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
AM said:
....The sixth house inconjunct gives difficulties in either work or heatlh. The eighth house inconjunct has to do with the necessity of regeneration and transformation where the character is concerned.

Transformation through suffering............This fits really well with the "Chriist on the cross (of matter)" illustration......Bil Tierney refers to these as the "health quincunx" and the "transformation quincunx" (in his book Dynamics of Aspect Analysis).....And, I'd guess that relationship between the three planets holds good when cycling the apex through each sign......Thus, with Cancer/Sagittarius/Aquarius, the Sagittarius house would be where we suffer to become transformed in the Aquarius house in order to become more effective in the Cancer house.

AM said:
Yes, this is definitely the case in my immediately family....

Has this resulted in any of you learning about your own Yod's through the experiences of the other family members AM?

R4VEN said:
.............. I figured that my children would surely possess some feature of this mercury-thing

Both your son's have Mercury aspected by Moon, R4VEN.......Maybe their issues reflect being raised around/by females with an unaspected Mercury?

R4VEN said:
....It's just that the majority of us simply don't recognise the signs

My guess is that those on the forum with Yods in their charts would welcome any pointers you can give them on this.........I'm always suggesting the desirability of relying upon Neptune/intuition more and Mercury/intellect less...But, it's hard to explain the difference between thoughts that are your own (rising from the subconscious) and those coming from outside (through the unconscious)......and why the latter go "unheard" by those who engage only Mercury to listen.

Carrie said:
...I have always read my Neptune in the 9th house and have been told to by other astrologers

Yes, this is another of those "if it feels right" areas of astrology.......(I think) the experience of most astrologers is that planets within 5 degrees of a house cusp should be read as being in the next house, but my view is that it only "colours" our thinking.....We are still concerned with the matters of the house which the planet is in, but focus upon those which have a bearing on the matters of the next house.......So, you'd focus on the 8th house concern with "life and death" because it relates to the 9th house concern with "religion".

[This was discussed at some length on another forum thread, with traditional astrolgers firmly of the view that such planets are in the next house and modern astrologers (I think) tending more towards the "colouration only" view. Importantly though, it transpired that the traditional/modern astrologers were referring to planets on different sides of the natal cusp....So, for modern astrologers, your Neptune is in the 8th and about to enter the 9th......But, for traditional astrologers, it is firmly in the 8th having left the 9th.....Because the house cusp moves away from the planet faster than the latter moves towards it........It's technically complex I know, but in your case Carrie, it seems that both traditional and modern astrologers would regard your Neptune as being in the 8th rather than the 9th....And the beauty of modern astrology is that the "colouration" view holds good either way, because the planet is focused on the house it is in but still influenced by the house whose cusp is within 5 degrees of it.]

Carrie said:
Question is do they go away? Meaning do they get better? Or will this always be an issue?

They go away when you understand them and change your behaviour accordingly...........But, I'm 60 now and only just starting to finally understand the behavioural changes required by my Uranus/Chiron quincunx.

Incidently Carrie, in your last post you may have just hit upon the meaning of the Neptune/Saturn/Moon Yod............Why letting go of material (Saturn) and emotional (Moon) attachments is essential to "enter the kingdom of heaven" (Neptune) with less difficulty than a camel getting through the Eye of the Needle.

R4VEN

Blimey, EJ, you sure know how to get one's grey matter moving!!

"Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN
.............. I figured that my children would surely possess some feature of this mercury-thing

Both your son's have Mercury aspected by Moon, R4VEN.......Maybe their issues reflect being raised around/by females with an unaspected Mercury?"

You hit the nail fairly squarely there!!! I brought them up alone from the time they were 10 and 8. Both have had `issues' with me. Both very affected by the movie, "Fight Club", which when I saw it I was also able to `get' what they saw in it - fortunately. Younger one - with Mars at his yod apex - is now addressing masculinity/father-influenced factors. All necesary in the journey.

Transformation through suffering............This fits really well with the "Chriist on the cross (of matter)" illustration......Bil Tierney refers to these as the "health quincunx" and the "transformation quincunx" (in his book Dynamics of Aspect Analysis).....And, I'd guess that relationship between the three planets holds good when cycling the apex through each sign......Thus, with Cancer/Sagittarius/Aquarius, the Sagittarius house would be where we suffer to become transformed in the Aquarius house in order to become more effective in the Cancer house.

I'm also reminded of the Hanged Man in tarot in relation to a yod (although I think someone may have mentioned this before) and the shape formed by the man hanging upside down. "Redemption through sacrifice."

I also have 2 inconjuncts (which may or may not form a Yod with my ASC) - Uranus from the 6th house, and Saturn from the 8th. I relate totally to what has been described above about the `health quincunx' and the `transformation quincunx'. For me, both have been hugely difficult, but equally necessary.

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
You hit the nail fairly squarely there!

If there is a purpose behind "generational repetition" though, I guess the question is what have they learned because of your unaspected Mercury (or maybe, what have you learned from their aspected Mercury)?

I also have 2 inconjuncts (which may or may not form a Yod with my ASC)

Bill Tierney quotes Al H. Morrison as saying that a true Yod must have the slowest moving planet at the apex.....so, he'd say you have two back-to-back quincunxes focused on the ascendant.

(He may or may not be right but) this makes me again wonder "what's the difference between two quincunxes focused on a point; a yod without the slowest planet at the apex and a "true" yod?............Maybe those with Yods feel they have a specific purpose/mission in life and those without them do not, whilst the true Yods have a spiritual mission?

Thus, your "focused quincunxes" would cause problems from which you can learn a Soul-related lesson but (having done so) you'd feel no need to use that learning to change anything but yourself.......Whereas, those with a three planet Yod might feel they had to change something around them and the true Yod has to "change the world".

For example, my Uranus/Chiron quincunx doesn't extend beyond changing my own behaviour and commenting (for the information of others) on this forum upon what I've learned from it.........I have absolutely no urge to change anyone/anything or use the knowledge to help others change....But I suspect that those with Yods would feel obliged to do so....They'd be certain that all their suffering must have been for a purpose which extends beyond themselves/their Soul-learning.

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
If there is a purpose behind "generational repetition" though, I guess the question is what have they learned because of your unaspected Mercury (or maybe, what have you learned from their aspected Mercury)?
My take on the generational aspect of this is that one person in one lifetime can only do so much, and their child - or other close relative - then continues with the next part of the journey.
For myself, I can see that I spent the first 40 years of my life in a similar pursuit as my mother. i.e. "I must have my say, and I will do this as many ways as possible, and I will be recognised for my efforts."
My sons' Mercury expression has been much more personal for them - i.e. about them personally, and not about anyone else knowing about it. This has helped me to calm down and enjoy the talents I have, and to concern myself less with doing something `useful' or even public with these talents. (Shades of my natal Chiron in the 10th.)

EJ53 said:
I have absolutely no urge to change anyone/anything or use the knowledge to help others change....But I suspect that those with Yods would feel obliged to do so....They'd be certain that all their suffering must have been for a purpose which extends beyond themselves/their Soul-learning.EJ:)
That's another very interesting point.
My son with the yod is very concerned about others changing/transforming their behaviour also. He expresses a lot of frustration over repetitive behaviour from others which is based in their fears and beliefs in limitation. He's ended many friendships - from the age of 18 or so - with people who could not (in his words) "keep up", rather than carry them along with him any longer.

On the other hand, he is also very aware of how those in his environment frequently have transformative experiences which these others know is to do with his presence in their lives. That'd freak me out were it me, but he views this as `normal'. [Ironically, my own personal transformation began during the time I was pregnant with him!!]

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
My son with the yod is very concerned about others changing/transforming their behaviour also. He expresses a lot of frustration over repetitive behaviour from others which is based in their fears and beliefs in limitation. He's ended many friendships - from the age of 18 or so - with people who could not (in his words) "keep up", rather than carry them along with him any longer.

So, perhaps his Yod works as follows :-

Moon in Pisces/5th = suffering (qcx) through observing his "spiritual children" (Pisces/5th) trapped by inappropriate behavioural patterns (moon)

Jupiter in Taurus/7th = transformation (qcx) of his approach to changing the beliefs (Jupiter) of those close to him (7th) to increase their self-worth (Taurus)

Mars in Libra/12th = increased effectiveness (apex) of his desire (mars) to bring harmony (Libra) to everyone (12th).......(The Yod "mission", which probably becomes a strong driving force when he finally "sees" that he really can make a difference to the quality of life experienced by others).

[Note : Maybe watching his mother deal with her unaspected mercury made him aware of "inappropriate behavioural patterns in others".......possibly explaining why his Soul would choose to be born/raised in a family with a "history" of unaspected mercury's.)

Last edited:

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
So, perhaps his Yod works as follows :-

Moon in Pisces/5th = suffering (qcx) through observing his "spiritual children" (Pisces/5th) trapped by inappropriate behavioural patterns (moon)

Jupiter in Taurus/7th = transformation (qcx) of his approach to changing the beliefs (Jupiter) of those close to him (7th) to increase their self-worth (Taurus)

Mars in Libra/12th = increased effectiveness (apex) of his desire (mars) to bring harmony (Libra) to everyone (12th).......(The Yod "mission", which probably becomes a strong driving force when he finally "sees" that he really can make a difference to the quality of life experienced by others).

[Note : Maybe watching his mother deal with her unaspected mercury made him aware of "inappropriate behavioural patterns in others".......possibly explaining why his Soul would choose to be born/raised in a family with a "history" of unaspected mercury's.)

Thanks, EJ. That is a really interesting overview - and spookily accurate, too. One slight change I'd bring to it is that his Jupiter is very early in Gemini, so talking is how he approaches others - and he is very articulate.

I've written on the inconjuncts thread (begun by byjove) about what I've noticed about the Mars-Jupiter inconjunct, which both my sons have from the 7th to the 12th (!!!), and one of my brothers has (as an unaspected duet) from 6th to 11th.........................................
This appears to confer a tendency to attract attack/projection from other men - generally men who assume some sort of authority, as in being older men, or men who have some kind of `clout'.
My brother had a particularly humiliating event occur in the late 1970's, when he was accused of mismanagement of funds in his public office - all later proved untrue - but in the meantime his photo was in the newspaper with the story, etc, etc, and it was a devastating and deeply humiliating time for him.
My older son has had many run-ins with teachers, police, his father, you name it.
My younger son - the one with the yod - is embroiled in a continuing saga being fueled by an older man who is not prepared to look at his own`stuff', so is projecting the lot on to my son.

What I'm getting at here, I think, is that a feature of this inconjunction appears to be lessons in relation to `Who is/has the Authority?' Having this inconjunction as part of his yod, my younger son recognises the games older men play in assuming they are The Authority, and much of his yod-work appears to be in bursting the bubble which is man-made `authority'. Much of his `work' with his peers is in leading them to recognise this. His disdain for men of his father's generation is palpable, and in no way appreciated by them!!

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Bill Tierney quotes Al H. Morrison as saying that a true Yod must have the slowest moving planet at the apex.....so, he'd say you have two back-to-back quincunxes focused on the ascendant.

(He may or may not be right but) this makes me again wonder "what's the difference between two quincunxes focused on a point; a yod without the slowest planet at the apex and a "true" yod?............Maybe those with Yods feel they have a specific purpose/mission in life and those without them do not, whilst the true Yods have a spiritual mission?

Don't we all have a spiritual mission, whether our natal charts contain yods, "focused quincunxes," or neither? :confused:

I've read about this theory in various other sources, but I personally don't subscribe to it because I feel the "focused quincunx" upon my eighth house Pluto in Scorpio much more keenly than the yod with apex Mars in Gemini.

Has any author explained why the apex planet must be the fastest-moving planet? By extension, why can the Moon never occupy one of the two points at the base or Pluto occupy the apex of a "true" yod configuration? Is the astrologers' logic that a yod configuration is shaped like a steep pyramid, and as such, the "heavy" planets must occupy the bottom position if the pyramid is to stand? If so, what would be the astrological implications of having such an "umbalanced" double-quincunx, with one or more "light" planets occupying the base and/or a "heavy" planet occupying the apex?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

R4VEN

Arian Maverick said:
I've read about this theory in various other sources, but I personally don't subscribe to it because I feel the "focused quincunx" upon my eighth house Pluto in Scorpio much more keenly than the yod with apex Mars in Gemini.

Has any author explained why the apex planet must be the fastest-moving planet? By extension, why can the Moon never occupy one of the two points at the base or Pluto occupy the apex of a "true" yod configuration?
Arian Maverick
I'm with you, Arian Maverick.

I didn't reply to this part of EJ's post simply because I don't agree with it.
EJ is an educator (and I hope he'll not mind me saying this) and as such he posts theories for the very purpose of making us all think, ruminate, get angry, stirred up, and to ultimately figure out what it is we believe!!! With us both he's succeeded admirably.

There are many and varied theories concerning yods. Some of them say that ASC & MC cannot be part of yods, but I disagree with that.
One of EJ's opinions with which I agree is that if it feels like a yod, then it probably is. Some of us have very high levels of sensitivity, and the yods affect us in different ways.

For instance, one of nieces has an unaspected Virgo sun as well as a yod formed by a sextile between Venus and Neptune both quincunx Saturn. She was such a high achiever in early life (that's the unaspected sun), but through her 30's the impetus began to dwindle, as being a professional had its downside. She's now 40, and has managed to create for herself a very `alternative' lifestyle, part of which involves a lot of travel. And she's still restless, and still `searching', and still wondering why it is these big boulders of Life Blockage continually crop up and redirect her life!!

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
..the Mars-Jupiter inconjunct....appears to confer a tendency to attract attack/projection from other men - generally men who assume some sort of authority, as in being older men, or men who have some kind of `clout'....a feature of this inconjunction appears to be lessons in relation to `Who is/has the Authority?' Having this inconjunction as part of his yod, my younger son recognises the games older men play in assuming they are The Authority, and much of his yod-work appears to be in bursting the bubble which is man-made `authority'. Much of his `work' with his peers is in leading them to recognise this. His disdain for men of his father's generation is palpable, and in no way appreciated by them!!

Maybe this is true of any Mars/Jupiter contact rather than just the inconjunction........I've had the same kind of problems with "authorities"/those in charge throughout my life, and have Mars 6 degrees from conjunction with Jupiter and 5 degrees from opposition to Uranus (the latter two being 1 degree from opposition).......And this time, it took the whole forum Management Team to "hammer in" the point that my attitude to authority had to change in order to get those in authority to listen to what I wanted to say...........So, maybe your son's inconjunction requires him to learn to view these authorities through jupiter rather than mars?

There are many and varied theories concerning yods. Some of them say that ASC & MC cannot be part of yods, but I disagree with that.
One of EJ's opinions with which I agree is that if it feels like a yod, then it probably is. Some of us have very high levels of sensitivity, and the yods affect us in different ways.

Yes, I too disagree with Al H. Morrison (and Bil Tierney stays neutral).....I quoted him only to raise the question of "what is it that makes a Yod different from two quincunxes linked by a sextile".....Because (for me) the whole appears to be greater than the sum of the parts with this configuration.

AM said:
Has any author explained why the apex planet must be the fastest-moving planet? By extension, why can the Moon never occupy one of the two points at the base or Pluto occupy the apex of a "true" yod configuration? Is the astrologers' logic that a yod configuration is shaped like a steep pyramid, and as such, the "heavy" planets must occupy the bottom position if the pyramid is to stand? If so, what would be the astrological implications of having such an "umbalanced" double-quincunx, with one or more "light" planets occupying the base and/or a "heavy" planet occupying the apex.

As explained above, I hold the same view as R4VEN and yourself AM.....But, I shall attempt to play Devil's Advocate in relation to your questions here.

[Firstly, the theory is that the apex planet is the slowest rather than fastest moving planet in the group......So, any Yod with Pluto at the apex must be a true Yod and those with Moon at the apex can never be......However, I am aware that you actually know this and, in any event, it has no bearing on the validity of your questions.....So, this comment is made for the information of "readers" rather than yourself.]

In relation to the logic though, my guess is it's based on the "phase relationship" view that the slower planet is always in the process of changing the faster planet......and the view that the apex planet is the focus of a Yod, making it (arguably) more important than the two sextiling planets.....From there, it's easy to see how an astrologer might conclude (rightly or wrongly) that the apex planet should be the slowest mover (main agent of change) in a Yod configuration........(However, I've never seen any explanation of the thinking behind the theory either.....although Bil Tierney does point out that a slower moving planet at the apex would always produce the "true" upper/lower quincunx relationship with the sextiling planets that defines a Yod, whereas other planet combinations sometimes don't......For example, the moon at the apex reverses the quincunx relationship.)

With regard to the Yod being shaped like a steep pyramid, I see it more like two people (who would get on well if they made an effort to communicate face-to-face) standing in close proximity and each giving instructions to a remotely located third person (apex planet) by cell phone......Works ok if the two sextiling planets are making the effort to communicate with each other, but "when the left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing" it can be very problematic.......Which suggests that those with Yods need to focus on the sextiling planets because (if they are in tune) the apex planet will get clear instructions about the mission.

Finally, if we take "heavy"/"light" planets to mean the most/least "influential" in the Yod.......I see the slower planets at the base rather than the top (because my view is that the sextiling planets are doing the influencing and the apex planet is responding to their instructions/influence)......But, perhaps others would argue that the heavier planets are more likely to be "on a mission" than the lighter planets?

Don't we all have a spiritual mission, whether our natal charts contain yods, "focused quincunxes," or neither.

Yes......but some (like me) have a spiritual mission confined solely to self-understanding and other Souls have set themselves a task/mission requiring them to "impact upon the world/make a difference to their society".....So, I was wondering if those with focused quincunxes/yods/"true" yods might be here for personal development only/to make a difference to their local society/to impact upon the world.

[My guess is that only those with fully activated yods will make lasting changes to anything outside of themselves.....and very few people are likely to make the considerable conscious effort needed to achieve full activation........But, Einstein managed it (Mercury/Saturn sextile Mars, with slowest moving planet Uranus at the apex).

Edit/Additional note : Perhaps all are merely "back-to-back quincunxes linked by a sextile" unless/until we succeed in understanding/activating them........when they become Yods because the mission is finally clear to us.

Last edited:

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
And this time, it took the whole forum Management Team to "hammer in" the point that my attitude to authority had to change in order to get those in authority to listen to what I wanted to say...........So, maybe your son's inconjunction requires him to learn to view these authorities through jupiter rather than mars?
Yes, I can see that. He has a need to `channel' his mars through Jupiter, rather than the other way around.

EJ53 said:
With regard to the Yod being shaped like a steep pyramid, I see it more like two people (who would get on well if they made an effort to communicate face-to-face) standing in close proximity and each giving instructions to a remotely located third person (apex planet) by cell phone......Works ok if the two sextiling planets are making the effort to communicate with each other, but "when the left-hand doesn't know what the right-hand is doing" it can be very problematic.......Which suggests that those with Yods need to focus on the sextiling planets because (if they are in tune) the apex planet will get clear instructions about the mission.
Now that has to be the best Yod analogy to date!!!

R4VEN

EJ53 said:
Maybe this is true of any Mars/Jupiter contact rather than just the inconjunction........I've had the same kind of problems with "authorities"/those in charge throughout my life, and have Mars 6 degrees from conjunction with Jupiter and 5 degrees from opposition to Uranus (the latter two being 1 degree from opposition).......And this time, it took the whole forum Management Team to "hammer in" the point that my attitude to authority had to change in order to get those in authority to listen to what I wanted to say...........So, maybe your son's inconjunction requires him to learn to view these authorities through jupiter rather than mars?
It's taken me almost an hour for the penny to drop about this Mars-Jupiter contact.......

Whilst my son has Mars-Jupiter inconjunct, the guy who has been targeting him for a long time now has Mars-Jupiter in opposition - and the Uranus-Saturn opposition has been (but is no longer) conjuncting the man's opposition - Uranus conj Mars in Pisces, etc. He uses this opposition on Mars-Jupiter in a very relentless, aggressive and often inappropriate way, and his timing is always really terrible. He generally acts before the situation is ready for action.

I'm sure there's some mirroring going on there; my son acknowledges this, but the other man would be outraged by a suggestion such as this.

And I believe I've unearthed yet another hereditary theme.
Both my sons' grandfathers had Mars-Jupiter aspects - one had Mars conj Jupiter, and the other had it in a square.
It seems this is energy which is in need of mastery.

EJ53

Banned
R4VEN said:
...I'm sure there's some mirroring going on there....

As you know R4VEN, oppositions often cause us to relate positively to one planet (usually the faster) and project the negative qualities of the other planet......And I guess that's what this man does with your son......But, is this man seeing himself as hardworking (positive Mars) and your son as a "drfter" (negative Jupiter) or himself as a man of principle (positive Jupiter) and your son as aggressive (negative Mars)?......With the first, your son has to develop his positive Jupiter qualities, whilst the second requires him to develop a positive Mars....In some way though, your son is failing to show this man respect, thus "forcing confrontation".

And I believe I've unearthed yet another hereditary theme.
Both my sons' grandfathers had Mars-Jupiter aspects - one had Mars conj Jupiter, and the other had it in a square.
It seems this is energy which is in need of mastery.

Were his grandfathers confrontational?.......If so, he is likely to be (subconsciously) the same........And his mars/jupiter quincunx would then be teaching him not to be.

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the explanation, EJ. I must have read incorrect information because I encountered the opposite theory--that the apex must be the fatest-moving planet

If it is indeed the way you have describe, this would render every double-quincunx configuration formed from the multi-generational Neptune-Pluto sextile--the most common base for the past century--a "false" yod configuration, correct? I suppose "true" yods are rarer than we suppose, but I still don't believe double-quincunxes should be discounted entirely.

This is becomming a fascinating discussion. I'll be back, if time allows.

Arian Maverick