Planets at the bendings?

dr. farr

Another example from my collection of mundane disaster charts:

Start of the Korean War (25 June, 1950, Kaesong, Korea)

+Sun square the Nodes (1degree08minutes from exact)
Sun is also IN the Nodes (2 degrees)

+the ascending degree of this inceptional chart, 1 Cancer 36, is also in square relationsip to the Nodes (1degree32minutes from exact)

...Mars (detrimented in Libra, posited in the 4th house, square to ascending degree, Sun and Uranus) is conjunct the South Node in this chart.

Neptune Rising

I remember when transiting Saturn from the 9th house squared my nodes, I got into trouble with authorities. In the wrong place at the wrong time.

I found this topic on skyscript, I found interesting this point:
a) The NN is the crisis of starting something new.

b) The NN bending (90 degrees from NN going counterclockwise) is the crisis of going too far in a certain direction, a building up to extremes, "crazy" etc.

c) The SN is the crisis of needing to rethink the whole process, change directions, turn around, adapt.

d) The SN bending (90 degrees from SN going counterclockwise) is the crisis of being the scapegoat or blamed for stuff you didn't start.

During my Saturn square nodes transit, the Saturn placement was at the SN bending, and I indeed was made a scapegoat when I got into trouble with authorities. Mercury was also retrograde that day, but I never followed it up. They over reacted and placed blame and a unnecessarily 'heavy hand' on me for something far more minor that wasn't actually my fault. A lawyer told me they were in the wrong, but I couldn't be bothered to follow it up.

chris10

I remember when transiting Saturn from the 9th house squared my nodes, I got into trouble with authorities. In the wrong place at the wrong time.

I found this topic on skyscript, I found interesting this point:

During my Saturn square nodes transit, the Saturn placement was at the SN bending, and I indeed was made a scapegoat when I got into trouble with authorities. Mercury was also retrograde that day, but I never followed it up. They over reacted and placed blame and a unnecessarily 'heavy hand' on me for something far more minor that wasn't actually my fault. A lawyer told me they were in the wrong, but I couldn't be bothered to follow it up.

NR I have a friend who has had a similar experience. In her case it was transiting mars squaring her natal NN. She was arrested during a protest ... she had been a bit aggressive toward police on that particular day. She has mars square Nodes natally so it was pretty much activated during the mars transit.
My mars is at 11.55 aries, my NN is at 7.38 capricorn. I always used to think this counted as an active square but according to other members'opinions so far and according to life experience I don't think it counts, it's too wide.
I have been to a few protests so far, I 've always thought that having this particular mars placement and pluto conjuct ascendant could lead me to trouble but nothing... I'm disappointed :lol: my friends would say that it's more probable me being asked out on a date by police than being arrested :lol:
It may be that natal venus in an exact trine to natal mars softens up my aries mars giving it a sweet, venusian flavor.

Conclusion:
I have natal mars square natal nodes - orb almost 5 degrees
and natal pluto square natal nodes - orb almost 6 degrees

I have been in potential dangerous situations but nothing has ever happened so that means that the orbs to the nodes should be tighter for the negative energy to manifest

dr. farr

I have been in potential dangerous situations but nothing has ever happened so that means that the orbs to the nodes should be tighter for the negative energy to manifest

Right! Look at the tight orbs involved in the several disaster chart references I have posted in this thread. None are much over 2 degrees or so from exact.

Wames

NR I have a friend who has had a similar experience. In her case it was transiting mars squaring her natal NN. She was arrested during a protest ... she had been a bit aggressive toward police on that particular day. She has mars square Nodes natally so it was pretty much activated during the mars transit.

Interesting, chris10! Thanks. After 911, I was involved with some of the Truth Movements but nowadays I'm content with giving small donations to organizations that I believe in. I've never been arrested before but I'll keep an eye on Mars transits to my nodes (just in case the rabble-rouser in me wants to come out :innocent:). It wouldn't work in my favor regardless because I live with a cop. :lol: She has her Moon right on my Jupiter squaring the nodes and we keep each other on the right track.

My mars is at 11.55 aries, my NN is at 7.38 capricorn. I always used to think this counted as an active square but according to other members'opinions so far and according to life experience I don't think it counts, it's too wide.
I have been to a few protests so far, I 've always thought that having this particular mars placement and pluto conjuct ascendant could lead me to trouble but nothing... I'm disappointed :lol: my friends would say that it's more probable me being asked out on a date by police than being arrested :lol:
It may be that natal venus in an exact trine to natal mars softens up my aries mars giving it a sweet, venusian flavor.

Conclusion:
I have natal mars square natal nodes - orb almost 5 degrees
and natal pluto square natal nodes - orb almost 6 degrees

I have a pretty tight nodal square to Mars without much happening. (I think Cypo has one too). Tori Amos has the Mars opp Jup squaring the 3/9th axis similar to mine. I have a theory on how that may have manifested for her. And I use up to a 4 degree orb, just based on looking at celebrity charts that have it configured in with the rest of the chart. I had a list of celebrities with planets squaring the nodes. I'll have to see if I can find it. Unaspected planets would be a good start - like Serena Williams with a Mercury in Libra in the 6th house squaring the nodes. And HP Lovecraft, his unaspected Mercury in Virgo in the 12th squaring the 3/9th.

dr. farr

Another example of a disaster chart with a planet "square the nodes"

The infamous St. Valentine's Day Massacre (7 gangland opponents of Al Capone lined up and machine-gunned in a garage on Clark Street in Chicago on St. Valentine's Day, 1929, during the era of American prohibition)
astro-data: Thursday, February 14, 10:25 AM, 1929, Chicago, Illinois

-Sun (in 10th house in its detriment in Aquarius) is in exact square (within 7 minutes of arc) to the Nodes

...also, Moon (12th house posited in Aries) is "in the Nodes" (same degree as the Nodes, ie 25 degrees); I note that the nodal axis here is 1/7 houses, and that the NN in the 1st house, is conjunct Algol...

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for dr farr pulling this thread up (maybe you saw me mentioning it in the other thread lol).

I just had a fantastic learning experience from the The Nodes study pack by Bernadette Bray and Darrelyn Gunzburg from Astrologos. It has 2 CD for 8 hours and 58 minutes of Lectures and tutorials as audio, powerpoints slices, printed 82 pages workbook with practical examples as well as astrology student charts from power point presentation. I learned the planets at bendings by transit, progression and natal are extremely valuable point directly affecting the life path, taught from both Humanistic and Medieval very well balanced Study pack.

I have got another 6 study packs to go:love:

poyi

Premium Member
They offered a bit of discount when order the lot together. The Nodes study pack on it own is 46.58 UK pounds which is even cheaper NOW!!!!:pouty:.
http://www.astrologos.co.uk/astrology-shop/studyshops/

AT THE MOMENT HALF PRICE!!! Dam-n It! I ordered them in November when it was 30% off for other packs but not the Nodes and House Kits!!!:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying: Anyhow overall I still saved (excuse of my earthy planets talking:rightful:)

It made my day when I received them yesterday, using the best of my progressed Saturn in Scorpio sextile Mercury in Capricorn (at the moment Mercury is extremely out of bounds 25 degrees 21'34")

Claire19

I have never heard the term at the bendings. Squares to the nodes have to be in very small orb, less than 3 degrees and I am inclined to use only tight conjunctions.

JUPITERASC

I have never heard the term at the bendings. Squares to the nodes have to be in very small orb, less than 3 degrees and I am inclined to use only tight conjunctions.
A quote from a discussion five years ago :smile:
in 2008
on
THE NODES
and
'the bendings' at
http://tmp.skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3472&sid=055527732add5e54ae7e92f189dc996e

'...In traditional astrology the nodes are usually only considered with conjunctions and maybe a square.

A planet square the nodes is considered
"at the bendings,"

and something is about to change.....'

poyi

Premium Member
Liber Hermetis, The Book of Hermes is where this term translated from Latin to modern English, has possible origin from the ancient Egyptian Priest Hermes Trismegistus. See the below link. This book truly is a great deal of astrology, sad that most of the manuscripts didn't survive. This book is translated based on one single survived manuscript. It would be great to revisit the ancient Egyptian library!

http://www.new-library.com/catalogue/books/liber-hermetis/lhpart1.html

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
For those would like to study more about the Bendings. I found some resources you may want to read about.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The North Node and South Node are astronomically different—and astrologically different. The North Node marks the point of the Moon’s orbit as it crosses the ecliptic and emerges from the ‘otherworld’ into the observable world. It is related to the expression of the ego and physical manifestation. The South Node marks the point where the Moon crosses the ecliptic, leaving the manifest world as it descends into the ‘otherworld.’ While there is often loss at the South Node, spiritually this is a strong position and when the energy is used in service, sacrifice, and for the greater good there are positive results in the manifest realm.
[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]...If we view the lunar cycle in terms of the seasonal (declinational) cycle of the sun, the North Node is similar to 0° Aries and the first day of spring, when in the northern hemisphere, the world stirs with new life. The North Bending, (90° counterclockwise from the North Node) is like summer, and vegetatively corresponds to maximum burgeoning output. The South Node is analogous to autumn and decay.... resembles winter. Physically the world seems dead, although there is much going on underground....this is a time of ‘renewal of the relationship with the divine.’ [/FONT]
http://www.kathyallan.com/Delineation.html

http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/readers-ask-qa-about-the-moon’s-nodes-by-donna-van-toen/

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6401&sid=364fc99f52d170ac6cd30a82004cf13b

http://mountainastrologer.com/tma/at-the-bending

!4C

The recent new moon at 7º42' Sagittarius on November 29, 2016 was at the north node bendings. Did anyone have this new moon conjunct a significant point in their natal chart? I'm wondering how new/full moons will have an effect at the bendings. It seems like it would indicate an emotional crisis leading to sudden separation from someone or something.

Frisiangal

The recent new moon at 7º42' Sagittarius on November 29, 2016 was at the north node bendings. Did anyone have this new moon conjunct a significant point in their natal chart? I'm wondering how new/full moons will have an effect at the bendings. It seems like it would indicate an emotional crisis leading to sudden separation from someone or something.

Could explain a lot!! Natal Uranus on 7*58 Gemini! close square Chiron!!
Painful 'migraine like' headaches ( tr. Mars thru Aquarius 6th?).

Something's gotta give. Go forward instead of holding back?