The Nature of the Sign Capricorn in Traditional Astrology

Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point
Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.

JUPITERASC

It's on the right board.
You, yourself, don't have to answer the question.
Quite :smile:
you yourself as the OP
deliberately selected this board
on which to have a traditional discussion
and

you yourself are a modernist astrologer
who is well aware of the rules of our traditional board

i.e.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120411
This is the Traditional Astrology forum.
Out of all the different boards in this forum
this one is the home for traditional astrologers.
It was created so that traditional astrologers
can discuss traditional astrology with each other
without having to justify it to non-traditionalists
or be interrupted
by people disagreeing with traditional perspectives.
Traditional astrologers, welcome home!
If you are not a traditional astrologer, you are welcome as a guest.
Good guests respect the rules of the house.

JUPITERASC

The sign was exalted in Mars so if taking action, getting stuff done and holding your own in the tough battles of life, I can't think of any other sign that can match Capricorn in this.

I think the reason Capricorn gets so much hate is because people naturally hate structure and discipline, Capricorn embodies those very things. It is why Saturn is a malefic, it tells you when you have drunk too much and the party is over.

Of all the signs, I do respect Capricorn the most. It is a sign which is committed to a process and structure, it stays the way and fights temptations better than no other sign out there. In a fight, it is the opponent that sticks to the gameplan even when there is the temptation to break from it.
My sun is in capricorn and cap on 5th house cusp. Legend has it that it has some good traits. If i was born a week and 2 hours earlier id have a sag sun and leo ascendant

Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point
Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.
We all know that sun-sign astrology is modern, right?
Exactly :smile:
i.e.
this board is our traditional astrology board

JUPITERASC

That would give Saturn a definite advantage, since it's Domicled traditionally.
Not sure about the Moon's dignity in Aquarius.
I was still thinking Capricorn.
Back to the table of dignities and disabilities!
as you are a guest modernist astrologer on our traditional board
you obviously do not know the correct title of the table
so
for all guests as well as all beginners
and particularly to be clear and avoid confusing beginners
the table is known as:

TABLE OF DIGNITIES AND DEBILITIES :smile:

dignitiesdorotheus_orig.jpg

david starling

It appears that in a previous post, I referred to a "debility" as a "disability", although I have previously used the correct version of similar meaning. Looking at the table of debilities, there's one that troubles me: Mars in Taurus, which I'd supposed to be a weak position for Mars, but, in practice, is apparently a strong placement. Muhammad Ali, for example, has that placement. Am I correctly interpreting the meaning of a "debility" as "weak", or is there a better way to describe it?

JUPITERASC

It appears that in a previous post, I referred to a "debility"
as a "disability", although I have previously used the correct version
of similar meaning. Looking at the table of debilities, there's one that troubles me:
Mars in Taurus, which I'd supposed to be a weak position for Mars, but, in practice, is apparently a strong placement.
Muhammad Ali, for example, has that placement.
Am I correctly interpreting the meaning of a "debility" as "weak", or
is there a better way to describe it?
Traditionally, a Taurus Mars is in DETRIMENT :smile:
HOWEVER
as a modernist astrologer guest on our traditional board
it is possible that you may be unfamiliar
with traditional DEBILITY via DETRIMENT
and so
there's a link to a detailed explanation
UNDERSTANDING PLANETARY DIGNITY AND DEBILITY
at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dignities.html
Part Four of the detailed FREE article SPECIFICALLY focuses on DEBILITY via DETRIMENT