Buying a Car in Retrograde mercury

JSWright101

So to start my birthday is February 13, 1989 12:52 pm and I was born in Port Angeles, WA PST (my chart is included)....

...and I have an issue.

While I am quite familiar with natal astrology and synastry, my knowledge of horary astrology is very weak. At the moment I need a car...very badly. My grandmother is, in fact, giving me a loan to get a car as I have had a job change where a car is in fact required (the commute via public transportation is possible but, unlike my former position, completely undesirable and time wasting - where I currently have little time). However, I have been inattentive in regards to my transiting charts lately due to financial busyness and a number of other worries. What evaded me was that starting Sun. we begin one of our three yearly mercury retrograde periods where buying things is bad, using electronic equipment/transportation is bad, and buying transportation items that are also electric is VERY bad. As such, I would normally hold off on buying something of this importance and magnitude till at least Sept. 29th when mercury goes direct but I do not think I have that luxury at this point. (I still have to sign a promissory note my grandmother wants me to sign and I'm praying I receive it via mail tomorrow so that at least contracts are out of the way).

As such, my question is: what day/time would be most appropriate, given the not-so-good nature of a mercury retrograde period, during this month in the midst of a mercury retrograde. Is there any time to sign a contract in regards to/buy a car that will not be horrible for me in the future? (multiple times would be best so that I can perhaps arrange things liking looking, buying, altering my state license, and getting insurance on appropriate dates)

I understand this may be an unusual request but, given my tight financial situation and the time constraints surrounding, I have options but to ask a community of people who I trust can guide me in the right way.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_jeremy_wright.70821.26691.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_jeremy_wright.70821.26691.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26

pwadm

Staff member
In choosing the day, given that you can't strenghten Mercury, the natural significator of cars, try having the Moon strong and casting good aspects, such as the Moon in Taurus or Cancer - it makes nice aspects to the (Saturn+Sun)-Uranus opposition.

As for the hour, try placing Mercury in a cadent house (where its influence will be less felt) together with the Saturn-Uranus opp., and have the benefics as well as the strong Moon angular, so that they may improve the situation.

Be prepared to face delays and difficulties in closing contracts and have exactly what you want. Be sure to double check everything, especially paperwork, documents, signatures, whatever else is ruled by Mercury. Get a good insurance for the car.

Good luck !

lilllybelle

I created a sabian symbol just for you in response to your post.

A man stands on the edge of an eight floor building preparing to jump to his death while the crowd below screams "don't do it." :biggrin:

Ok , though I don't recommend buying a car during a mercury retrograde, it doesn't always turn out as bad as one might suspect. My boyfriend bought a truck during mercury retrograde. I thought it was going to be a lemon. It actually ran great, but he ended up not being able to use it for the purpose he had purchased it for, so he ended up hardly ever using it and then selling it

What bothers me is that retro mercury will square your uranus right at the beginning of the retrograde. I don't like the sound of that in connection with buying a car. It will also trine your moon. I would try to make the purchase when mercury conjuncts the sun- which is around Sept. 20th or 21st. There seems to more illumination when retro mercury conjuncts the sun. Plus, you'll be futher away from mercury squaring your uranus.

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
This is off the subject of the thread. However, as Radu wrote keep retrograde Mercury in a cadent house. Mars is an alternative planet for anything that can be called equipment. Have it angular. The third house also represents equipment especially electronics, and its ruler would be important. Have it strong as well that is angular and in home signs.