Well Done the Sheriiffs!

EJ53

Banned
It's over three months now since Radu announced the current Forum Sheriffs and Management Team. Despite (or perhaps because of) the controversy at the time, I'd like to say all 7 have performed magnificently thus far and it's time for us members to tell them :-

WELL DONE THE SHERIFFS! :cheers: :39:

(And thanks to all those who have helped/advised me personally.)

EJ:)

starlink

Thanks EJ! nice of you to say so. I am glad not everyone sees us as schoolmasters slapping fingers with a ruler;)

waybread

EJ, thanks very much for your kind words. It is tempting to overplay the monitor part to the point where we could become nannies rather than sheriffs; but sometimes the alternative seems to be forums that permit flame wars, which I think is a bigger problem. People can disagree with one another without indulging in nasty personal attacks or rants. I just hope people here feel respected and respectful.

Yours, W.

aquarius7000

Many thanks for that pat on the back, EJ. Out of probation and into 'propah' daily business now:D (at least Waybread and I), I hope we all can 'co'-operate and make things continue to go well around here.

:cheers:
aquarius7000

No one thinks the moderators are school masters, everything is running smoothly, it's nice. You have all done a good job, when I was bossy boots here it was chaos (doesn't look good on my C.V) :D . You sure cleaned up this town sheriffs, the riff raff have cleared off. If you ever get bored though just call me, I don't mind causing a stir :p .

large_immig1L.jpg

EJ53

Banned
Shining Ray said:
....the riff raff have cleared off...

Good point well made, Shiny. No-one wants to live in Tombstone OR in Stepford - we want Midtown, the balance between chaos and control.

Fortunately, not all the "riff raff" have cleared off yet - 'cos I really miss those who have, which makes me appreciate even more those who are still here.

EJ:)

tsquare

large_immig1L.jpg

LOL, this really you?

I only see 4 moderators here....hmm.....where are the other 3?!?
:eek:

Last edited:

tsquare

Total cooperation is and will probably always creep me out...but I can play along somewhat with that. There is always choice...fear as well.

Quote:
Thanks EJ! nice of you to say so. I am glad not everyone sees us as schoolmasters slapping fingers with a ruler;)

Oh, I don't entierly see it like that. I can at times.(laugh)
I have questions.
I think anyone wanting to be responsible for their own thoughts and actions is going to question a rule for it's relevance and the authority that enforces it.
The rule that is expected to be agreed upon.
Way of the world it seems.
Some are sheep entirely. :)eek:)
I'm not always keen to being in the herd so I'll ask questions...find purpose in the rule so as to understand...and yes...cooperate if I see reason or relevance.
But I do ask questions, and I do challenge rules, and myself.
I don't exactly play rebel without a cause..I hope I don't come off that way....as entierly arrogant.
I like the border lands.
I like having an outside POV as well as an inner POV in situations and can be slighty removed while I hope others do not take things too personally.
I can be personal as well.

Sometimes I see flame wars as a byproduct of people waking up and through a deadly peace....but they do scare the hell out of people it seems...don't bother me that much.....I don't really have a thick skin....but they really don't bother me that much...I know for some they really do very much so....so yeah..it's a community...it is what it is.
Waking limbs do scream every now and then though.
I always see the rants as a byproduct or someone getting something poked by accident....or even transits....hopefully we can limit attacks while still allowing growth and chaos to blow off of people in their discovery of their personal truth...the discovery of truth always ends up with a person being a bit shocked and astonished leading to all kinds of phenomenon.
Sometimes the speawing of a rant allong the way.(laugh)
I'm being very honest about that.
Truth is a mean ******* sometimes.
It has the ability to break hearts.
Then true progress is made.

I think it just comes down to the job of a moderator as being one that stops bad things from happening...and that can be a difficult job...not a popular job...especially if the mindset begins to focus and shift entirely to that.

I have tried to find ways to start things rather...and see the moderators doing that very very well as of late..and if before I don't catch everything..and I don't, I have to admidt, I'm a bit suprised and very happy to see it....the work on the education board is exciting to see.

The education board is looking to be a future success and will remove many issues. Excited to see it in use.
It will bridge the gap between "Noob" and Senior member and moderator respectively....and will cause board owner less grief, I assume.(laugh)
IT's been intersting.

I can support moderators if some questions are answered, but not entierly without question...sorry guys, but that is the kind of person that I am and will always be.
I would be horrible in the military.
That type of heiarchial structure and absolute agreement doesn't suit me well....you would need the cat of 9 tails to get me to follow without sense, simila things have been used in the past, but there are ways to liberation.
I may come off as abrassive myself, at times.

I do have questions on the purpose in total of the rules, but that is for another thread.

There is allot of things that people do not see, me included concerning just what it is a moderator does accomplish arround here for the board.
I know it's allot of work and if your doing a good job much of it is not seen....which really is too bad...peoples atention...mine included gets focused on the outpoints rather then the inpoints....and it can get tricky to see which is best to be a starting point towards improval...that which doens't improve it seems always degrades...it's a constant of life.

....not everyone is going to agree with a moderator...it isn't a solo cry though...not everyone is going to agree with a noob either..or even a senior member...not everyone is going to agree with anyone...so universal rules that all must follow seem to me to always be a poor attempt at absolute agreement....cooperation becomes conformity....(tsquare runs finger in collar back and forth)...things get stuffy...I can find it distatefull at times being told what to do and how to act in an enviroment if the trouble and cause has been of anothers....I don't know...it's tricky at times.

The negative does recieve too much attention at times so it is always nice to see it get shifted back to starting things again.....

I am in general impressed with the moderators dedicaton to the board and I think it's fair to be thankfull for that.

Yet,
We are going to disagree on some things.(laugh)

I don't always like the percieved US VS them thing of Moderator vs member..noob or senior..or whatever...and I like to see that divide destroyed at times......depending on size of the board and individual contribution by the members as well as comunication between the two "groups" this will happen quite naturally and does at times...hopefully there is peace without a large pile of stupidity that goes allong with some forms of peace...there is such a thing as deadly peace...the double sided sword of truth and all of that.

So....yes,
Thank you to the moderators and al your contributions to the board, you are members too...there shouldn't be this isolation of one and the other...

You should see me with actual law enforcement.LOL
My mothers boyfriend is the police chief......with my general views on rules and enforcment...conformity......individuality......we suprisingly get allong....but he also mentions some police officers having major issues with always having to enforce the rules without sense..and he also finds it very irritating. there is a season for everything...seasons break rules often unless structures are created to adapt to seasons..there can be harmony...it takes some comunication and some futher understanding.
Rules need to adapt to situations to some degree...or the situations will break the structures......rule has always had this trouble....enforcement can be a lack of affinity...then things get a bit messy.
Anarchy is actually the failure of reformation.
Anarchy happens after failure.
Properly done reformation of things turns power to the holders of it....by mutual respect.

People do not have the tendency to fight for what they already have..for the most they only fight for what is taken away.
At the least they complain.

As long as there is sense rules are good....as long as there is emergency sense tends to dissapear....manpower lacking...more issues to be handled...and time plays its tricks by not granting enough of itself...then you have toes acidentially steped upon...less tolerance...compared to other boards though, I must say, things here are very, very, possitve, and there is much tolerance.

I can have cautiousness at more rules always...I feel it limits communication and reach, and they can be unnecessary in some situations...the decent new members are usually fearful of the 5,000 post count senior members.....the turds usually have less fear....look at my chart, thank you!, and all of that....it is quite demanding......I call them turds for lack of a better definition, do not take their criticisms seriously please.

Yet for some odd reason I still like the choice of how much my contribution will be..I don't always have allot to offer, if I can point a newbie to a link, or even help with a particular aspect that I know of and see it gives a sense of contribution back to that which one has gained so much from...which happens to be this board.
Nobody should feel that they must in full give full readings for free...that's just silly. I just hope that if I can be allowed to try every now and then that isn't perceived as some threat to the board...I have liked to try as a part of learning to do this to some degree...someones disagreement to ones own knowledge base from book form or otherwise is educational...takes one back to the drawing board..iT is hard to find people in my current location who even want their chart looked at and who yo can ask questions of....this should really be on another thread but I see little reason to spread it all out. I do agree that it is best to work with someone with interest and it has been a problem...I suppose I have only had the slight expereince of being burnt by this...I have had more thanks then the other...so..I don't know...it's tricky....do rules force the others to actually learn or do they just fake it by stealing a few aspect interpretations and posting them on the board forcing by obligation to the rules oneself to actully look at their chart because they "followed the rules"...I say work on what you can, don't on what you can't and if they want to learn it will show, if they don't F em...if they can answer soe questions about hteir interests, God bless....how do you force someone to learn though......I'd rather reject them outright then need a rule to do it for me...I'd rather confront them personally...rules always imply obligation...I'm more unconditional..that doens't mean I'm a pushover...I can be selective.
With rules being an obligation I can just see someone saying...you see I tried to do my own chart and now you have to help me...you must follow the rules....(laugh)...no way dude. those that use the rules in that way never gain my respect.

I have not seen anyone play exclusiveness on this board, as a card, on another...if I have I seem to have a poor memory....the people who say such things obviously have not been on boards where it does take place and quite heavily. It's idiotic, don't fall for it.

Oddly it seems wars happen in times of abundance more so then times of lack...so that is something to look for as well....kind of wandering there...but at times when things are really interesting around here...a nice amount of quality people things start to get oddly loopy...can't figure it out fully yet......

Overall everyone is doing an excellent job.

To be honest I am proud of how people have handled themselves in certain situations here, even if it isn't my place to be so, I am.

It is nice at times to be a part of something progressive where people are sharing ideas and growing as people, learning more about theirselves and the world around them which is what I think astrology is about.
If anything is lacking that is itself something, I don't find it to be a side to anything else..it's a decent full entre...it is satisfying in some respects.
..it's a complex subject which embraces much of life...I expect fireworks at times..I think everyone should. It challenges the deepest of beliefs individually and collectively. It is in some ways a buried and hidden subject if one wants to pull at it's roots........so.....everyone is doing great...to be honest I have expected worse out of all of you.(laugh)

If I can't give readings anymore on other peoples aspects without them showing that they have copied a few things from another sight, no matter how horribly done I suppose that that is OK...I just hope I am not obliged to do so because of the rules...I'm not that nice...I think you guys have been too nice at times...then again...I wouldn't have stuck around at all if Tim and I think it was Starlink did my first interpretations..I didn't even get the chart right to begin with.....oh well...who knows whats best...carry on.

Tsquare
Ahh...they got me...
There is still one out there.....look out.(obviously a joke)

tn2_reno911_3.jpg

Last edited:
tsquare said:
large_immig1L.jpg

LOL, this really you?

I only see 4 moderators here....hmm.....where are the other 3?!?
:eek:

That's not me cheeky that's some rebel on the forum, I will have you know I am a well behaved member of this community :snob:

The other 3 are in a board meeting deciding whether to have tea or coffee lol. Only joking.

Hi T,square what an excellent post, your views are always interesting and you can see situations from all angles.

by T, square ~It is nice at times to be a part of something progressive where people are sharing ideas and growing as people, learning more about theirselves and the world around them which is what I think astrology is about.

If anything is lacking that is itself something, I don't find it to be a side to anything else..it's a decent full entre...it is satisfying in some respects.
..it's a complex subject which embraces much of life...I expect fireworks at times..I think everyone should. It challenges the deepest of beliefs individually and collectively.

It is in some ways a buried and hidden subject if one wants to pull at it's roots........so.....everyone is doing great...to be honest I have expected worse out of all of you.(laugh)

I wasn't born that objective, and I tend to take things personal all the time, and attack back. Although Fireworks are exciting to see when they blow up, and the crowd gathers (I have a firework in my chart Mars in Aqua square Uranus lol) as long as people don't get hurt or things are taken too personally.

fireworks2.jpg

I guess there are lines to be drawn...

E,j was right as well we need to live in a sort of midtown.

starlink

I
don't exactly play rebel without a cause..I hope I don't come off that way....as entierly arrogant.

Ah NO, T-square, arrogant??? I did not notice that one at all. What I did notice though is that your goodlooking picture has disappeared:) Too much fanmail I presume?LOL. If I only were 20 years younger.....

tsquare

Oh, haha....
I though the picture looked a bit too angry. grrrr..
Plus being I am in the witness protection program I take quite a risk putting one up.(joke)
I change avatars fast....maybe too fast....sorry EJ...LOL.

tsquare

This image has been scaled down to fit your computer screen. Click on it to show it in the original size.​

starlink

Hi T-square! Oh dear,many thanks, I think I am getting red cheeks!! I think I will refrain from clicking on that image, it will be too overwhelming LOL!! No, you did not look angry;your eyes were rather intensely Scorpionic and I suppose appealed to my Asc.in Scorpio. Anything heavily Plutonic in your chart?

Last edited:
Hey T,square

Favouritism is going on here, how come you put me in a straitjacket, dressed me as a monkey, and chopped my head off, and yet starlink gets hugs and kisses.

tsquare

Hey T,square

Favouritism is going on here, how come you put me in a straitjacket, dressed me as a monkey, and chopped my head off, and yet starlink gets hugs and kisses.

Because I don't like you.(joke)(laugh)
Just kidding, why the sour face?
You can have one too.
Turn that frown upside down.

setImgWidth();

Anything heavily Plutonic in your chart?
Stay on topic Starlink, please, this is the Well Done Sheriffs thread, Obviously not the Tsquare over infatuation thread. Jeez...
There is a place for that.......if not someone will have to create it.
Maybe we need a new board rather then a thread.
Hmm.....
Much like how they built the Pyramids.
Many slaves, ropes and sticks.
Or telekinesis.

Pluto aspects all planets but Uranus..Nodes are slightly out of reach.
It is conj IC. with jupiter. Pluto in libra, jupiter in scorpio.

Now back to the party.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]
TonyCliftonMoon.jpg
[/FONT]

Tsquare

starlink

Stay on topic Starlink, please, this is the Well Done Sheriffs thread

You are so very right TSquare! We will leave it at this, but we are in the general chat department, so I dont really mind getting a bit off topic.:p

Have a great time at the party!!