Do I Have A Lucifer's Rectangle In My Chart?

lordcenturion

I once had my chart analyzed by you guys. And there was this one astrologer (miquar I think) that said that I had a Mystical Rectangle involving pluto, mars, saturn, and chiron.

And...he said that this was a clear indicator of rage in my chart.

I got curious, recently, and tried to learn more about this mystical rectangle. I didn't find anything saying it was particularly bad, to have one; but, what it did say is that if you had it configured a certain way it could manifest itself in a very bad way: a Lucifer Rectangle.

Apparently to have this kind of rectangle you have to have pisces, scorpio, virgo, and taurus in there.

So I looked at my Mars, Pluto, Saturn, and Chiron. I've got mars in taurus in the 6th house; so taurus and virgo are involved here. I've also got pluto in scorpion in the 12th house; so scorpio and pisces would be involved as well.

So my question is simple: why is my mystical rectangle an indicator of rage; and...do I qualify for a Lucifer Rectangle?

Thank you for your honest answers. Don't hesitate to tell me the truth please. Even if it ***** lol.

Attachments

• claude chart.gif
    claude chart.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 102

miquar

Hi. I don't recall your original thread. I don't use the expression 'Lucifer's rectangle'. Its possible that I said that if you are prone to rage, then this would be the main signature of this in your birth chart, but I don't believe that any configuration necessarily expresses as rage. I'm not involved with the forum at present, but got the link to this thread as a private message and thought I should clarify my thoughts. If you are prone to rage, astrology isn't necessarily going to be any use in resolving the issue. You will need to practise simply witnessing these emotions from a place of stillness. Astrology can put ideas in our heads that get in the way of such witnessing.

Watch the transits and progressions to this natal configuration, to get prior warning of when your emotions may arise especially strongly.

Best wishes

Miquar

lordcenturion

Yes, in another thread, we were discussing rage in my chart. I was complaining about my Pluto in 12th house. I thought it was an indicator of rage.

But then, you came up with this Mystic Rectangle stuff saying it was a major indicator of rage in my chart.

And later that day...I stumbled-upon this on Lucifer's Rectangle:

"The astrological chart configuration termed a Mystic Rectangle has, ostensibly, a rare and special case configuration called Lucifer's Rectangle. Like a Mystic Rectangle, Lucifer's Rectangle is formed either by two trines or two opposition aspects that are conjoined with two sextile aspects. Unlike a Mystic Rectangle, Lucifer's Rectangle must have the entities composing it (planets, asteroids or points) located only in the following four signs: Pisces, Taurus, Virgo and Scorpio. Additionally, a Lucifer's Rectangle must be only in earth and water elements".

I know you just said you didn't like to use the term "Lucifer's Rectangle"; but I really need the most clear, cut, truthful, answer you can possibly give to me to know what I'm actually dealing with. It's something I need to know.

Do I have this configuration? Yes or no? And could you develop on that?

I'm asking a lot maybe, I know.

ashriia

I know you just said you didn't like to use the term "Lucifer's Rectangle"; but I really need the most clear, cut, truthful, answer you can possibly give to me to know what I'm actually dealing with. It's something I need to know.

Do I have this configuration? Yes or no? And could you develop on that?

I think it's really interesting that you are asking this question now. Transit Pluto just conjuncted your Natal Sun on Feb 9th. This is a once in a lifetime transit, and not everyone experiences it as it's not a part of everyone's karmic journey.

I don't pay much attention to chart terms, as I don't see their benefit. A "lucifer rectangle" just sounds ridiculously negative also. How is that helpful to anyone studying their natal charts. Does it offer something to blame things on? Rather than personal accountability in handling oppositions or squares.

I personally prefer to focus on aspects and houses, and keep it simple.
What I see in your chart are very difficult oppositions - saturn to chiron - pluto to mars. I went back and read Miquar's original response about how these work or the rectangle itself in your chart- and I think there is a wealth of info already given you.

And really, really great advice to witness these emotions from a place of stillness also! Especially now when Pluto is over your Natal Sun. Since Pluto is so great at seeing all the subsconcious workings if you really do work with the energy.

miquar

Hi lordcenturion. Hi Ashriia.

Yes, interesting timing with the Pluto transit to the natal Sun.

The quote about the Lucifer's rectangle is not something I would pay attention to, either. Since the mystic rectangle configuration usually occurs in signs of the same polarity (thus, either earth and water, or fire and air) this means that nearly 50% of these configurations qualify as 'Lucifer's Rectangles'. The thinking behind this label is perhaps that the 'negative' polarity (earth and water) corresponds in some way to the 'baser' side of human nature. As ashriia says, it is ridiculously negative.

You ask that contributors to the thread don't protect you from the truth. So there's a sense of foreboding - a sense that there must be something very wrong with you, and you may as well face up to that fact rather than bury your head in the sand. There is nothing in this or any other chart that makes such a statement. There are placements in your chart which reflect your tendency to think in this way about yourself and your life, but this is very different to there actually being anything wrong with you. From looking at your chart and reading your communications, it is clear that you are taking a rather intense view of things. This kind of intensity is very compelling, convincing us that if we don't act on it things will get 'even worse'. My heart goes out to you. I wish for you to be able to relax and see that its all just a story in your mind. This gets easier with age. You haven't yet reached your Saturn return.

A 'path' won't necessarily help you because its so easy just to translate the story into spiritual language. But perhaps it would be useful for you to listen to some non-duality stuff on You Tube - Mooji, Adyashanti, etc.

Let go of the self which presents itself to your awareness. Let go over and over and over again, especially while transiting Pluto is near your natal Sun. Its not who you are. Don't be afraid to not be who you think you are.

Best wishes

Miquar

miquar

We all have multiple personality disorder to some extent. Its the human condition. We each carry numerous conflicting assumptions about who we are and who we need to become to be happier. I've posted above also, but our posts crossed, so you may have missed it.

lordcenturion

In another post you said I should give each planet that composes my Mystic rectangle a personality: pluto, mars, chiron, and saturn respectively.

That made me think of multiple personality disorder; and also the fact that each of those planets has a life of its own, and its own agenda and purpose.

To cure yourself of multiple personality disorder they say you should strive to reunite all of those personalities underneath the same ego-consciousness, "everyone under the same banner" if you will; and make each and every fragment-of-your-personality known to the others--and thus create a more cohesive unite.

ashriia

LCenturion,

Do you meditate? Or have you ever meditated and if so, what was the results of doing so?

I really think with Pluto in the 12th, meditation is the way to go for healing which is why I ask.

miquar

Consciousness in the egoic state is inherently divisive. Consciousness in a relaxed state doesn't have a banner, and so there's no need to get into the politics of uniting subpersonalitiess. That's just another story waiting to grab your attention.

miquar

Thanks ashriia, Ilene and tsmall for your 'thumbs up'. Its good to see that you are still here and to connect with you through this thread. I'm still using all my spare time to write, which has turned out to be a bigger project than I first thought. What was supposed to be one book has become three, but I hope to be able to come back to the forum by the end of this year with news that the first one is finished.

Lordcenturion, I'm not really getting a sense that you want to engage with the thread - or at least that you don't know what to make of it because I guess you were expecting respondents to say, "Yes, you're f*cked mate!" Whatever comes up for you in response to posts on the thread is valid, so please don't hesitate to express it.

I mainly came back on because I can see that I seem to have said contradictory things about what we might call subpersonalities. Thinking in terms of subpersonalities can help us to become more conscious of the recurring patterns of response which direct so much of our attention and activity. But inherent in each pattern of response is a need to become a particular kind of person, and so any urge to build a new-improved self by healing and integrating the various 'subpersonalities' is just a more subtle pattern of response - a 'subpersonality' pretending to be 'not like all the others', pretending to be the 'true self'. So that's what I meant when I posted about letting go, over and over again, of the self that you think you are.

If you want to keep using astrology, then I would encourage you to use notice an actual experience and then notice where your propensity to experience in that way is reflected in your chart, rather than deciding who you are by looking at your birth chart.

Best wishes to all on the forum

I don't know why but, all of this makes me think of multiple personality disorder.

I had DPD (new brand name of MPD). I must state first that I'm no longer meet the criteria of the disorder, through therapy I healed, I'm sane, average, normal :)

So I had DPD and guess what, I had a water grand trine in my chart. No grand squares, oppositions, tense, harakiri, etc.

My therapist said that developing DPD is the best emotional response to repeated childhood abuse as it keeps the core self safe and untouched. All the abuse the brain can't process, keeps in separate and detached 'bags' (these are the 'identities'- the phenomena btw is not as mystical as in films) and cope with them later in life when the person mentally developed. And as the core self is healthy, with therapeutic help the recovery is complete and relatively fast.

Lately I'm thinking a lot about which part of my chart indicate DPD (I don't think my chart indicates mental instability, however definitely indicates childhood abuse, but I might miss something) I went through all the squares, imbalances, oppositions, conjunctions of malefics, retrogrades, redrew my chart thinking maybe the time was not right I must have some kind of grand squares, but I found nothing major.

And then I'v come to the realization that my water grand trine gifted me with the ability to be able to come out of the other side of the black hole (others call childhood) untouched. I dealt with things the time when they happened the best way it is possible and later on I dealt with it again and recovered.

(My grand trine involves Moon in scorpio in the 8th, saturn in retro as the loner planet in a bucket chart and jupiter, I would be happy if someone could help me to decode this as it is too advanced for me, maybe in another thread)

So grandsquarers, maybe you got the square to use it for something externally visibly creative :) embrace it!!!!!