Moon phases (waxing-good, waning-bad?)

CapAquaPis

Some astrologers look at people whose natal charts have waxing phases (from new moon to full moon, the first 14-15 days) have a benefic influence vs that of waning phases (from full moon to new moon, the next 14-15 days) are under malefic influences. We can discuss the emphasis of moon phases in charts here.

Kinda off-topic: Looking outside, the waxing crescent moon shines in the southwest horizon, in the sign of Sagittarius. I'm viewing "Video Replay: The Moon - Incredible Lunar Views From The Japanese SELENE Orbiter - Earthrise" right now on Youtube.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Some astrologers look at people whose natal charts have waxing phases (from new moon to full moon, the first 14-15 days) have a benefic influence vs that of waning phases (from full moon to new moon, the next 14-15 days) are under malefic influences. We can discuss the emphasis of moon phases in charts here.

There are many sites delving into the Moon's phases, possibly drawing upon Dane Rudhyar's work.

https://cafeastrology.com/natal/lunarphases.html

offers a simplified explanation.

I was born under a disseminating Moon in Earth.:smile:

CapAquaPis

Astrologers discuss other phases of Venus' visibility: morning star Venus vs evening star Venus people, and the bright side of Mercury vs dark Mercury (not visible) people. I suppose in my natal chart, I have a new moon (28-29th day of lunar month) in Aquarius (Feb 15, 1980), non-visible Venus in Aries (would it be evening star?) and dark Mercury in Pisces (2:20pm Pacific time).