How to read transits ?

I need someone to explain how I can read my current transits because I have found the literature to be quite confusing and very complicated. Thanks in advance!

Darkgirl

Banned
at first you have to look what the planet and its sign ruler (and house) is in your natal chart. also the aspects which were made are important.

for example my sun is ruler of 10th house. As neptun (ruler of my 5th house) makes a square to it, i get feelings for a guy (sun stands for 5th house) but it was a fling because my ruler of 7th house was not involved. Also i was bored on work and dont know what to do (neptn = confusion). Work because sun is ruler of my 10th house. This transit takes places in 4th house of home, feelings etc.

JUPITERASC

I need someone to explain how I can read my current transits
because I have found the literature to be quite confusing

and very complicated.

Thanks in advance!
TRANSITING PLANETS ARE TEMPORARY VISITORS
VISITING A HOUSE OF ANY NATAL CHART
BEFORE TRAVELLING ONWARDS TO THE NEXT HOUSE
AND SO ON AD INFINITUM AROUND THE CHART :smile:

analogy of a SCENE on a STAGE is helpful:
each 'scene'
aka 'house'
of any natal chart
features planets as 'actors' within any one of the 12 basic 'scenes' or 'houses'
'performing' before the 'backdrop' of the 12 'signs'

for example
Venus and Jupiter are in general thought of as the 'good guys'
Mars and Saturn are traditionally the 'bad guys'
Mercury 'keeps us in suspense' being sometimes good

sometimes not so good dependent on the company Mercury keeps :smile:

Scenes often 'merge'
taking into account that planets in each others houses influence the 'script'

WE ALSO HAVE

our "TRAVELLING ACTORS"

aka TRANSITING PLANETS
putting in temporary appearances

for example
transiting MOON is "on the scene" for approximately just 2.5 days
before travelling on to the next venue
MERCURY appears in each house of natal chart in turn "for one week only"

before travelling on to the next scene
after nineteen days
VENUS goes to the next stage
SUN sticks around for a month
MARS fifty-seven days
JUPITER a year
SATURN two and a half years

adding layers to the drama of the basic natal chart
an analysis may be as complex or as basic as one prefers :smile:

seven-ages-of-technology-in-education-2-728.jpg
[/QUOTE]

greybeard

Very big question for a very small space.

You should understand the natal chart you are working with, what it implies, what to expect.... The transits only bring what is promised in the radix.

Consider the age and sex of the native.

Understand rulerships.

Use known events from the past from your own life for study. You know what happened. So now you find the astrological correlations.

JUPITERASC

Very big question for a very small space.

You should understand the natal chart you are working with, what it implies, what to expect.... The transits only bring what is promised in the radix.

Consider the age and sex of the native.

Understand rulerships.

TABLE DISPLAYS RULERSHIPS TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES :smile:

essential_dignities_table.jpg

Use known events from the past from your own life for study.

You know what happened. So now you find the astrological correlations.

JUPITERASC

for context

let's use analogy of a 'performance' or 'play' :smile:
so using that analogy we have

12 basic 'backdrops' to the theatre or movie of a natal chart

i.e.

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

Each of those 12 'backdrops'
- dependent on time of birth -
is pinned as an individual 'background or cusp'
on each of the 12 basic 'scenes' aka 'houses'

astrological-houses-02.jpg

1. Birth/Self/Appearance/Vitality/Strength

2. Resources, material comforts, earnings
and all issues concerning wealth or of a financial nature
including the manner of attaining wealth, personal goods and belongings,
assets, income, gain, money lent to others, profit (or loss when afflicted),
support and assistance from others. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h2.html

3 Brothers and sisters, cousins or general members of the family
(not parents, they belong to the 4th scene aka house).
Neighbors and local neighborhood. The environment in which we live and work.
Short journeys or those made on a regular basis.
Letters, rumors, reports, messages and messengers.
Communications generally. Newspapers, magazines, telephones, postal service.
Written deeds and contracts. Speeches and debates.
Our ability to express ourselves and communicate to others.
Languages, mobility skills and self-expression http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h3.html

if you click on the link you shall find details of all of the other houses as well

Lin

It doesn't have to be made so complicated.

First: make SURE you are very familiar with each and every ASPECT. Because the dynamic of a natal aspect is very similar to the dynamic of a transit aspect. That is half the battle.

OK...now that we know what every aspect means, how do we know which aspects (transits) to look at first and how powerful each IS.

We begin with the furthest out planet. The outer planets are the "stage setters" at any time. This is because the outer planets last a LONG time and nothing happens overnight. As opposed to a Mars aspect....which is not a stage setter but an activator.

So.....first look at Pluto. Make a list of the transits of Pluto. Delineate. Figure out what each aspect to every natal planet MEANS.

Then on to Neptune. Same thing. Then Uranus......you get the picture.

Once you have set this stage and noted which parts of the chart are being supported or undermined, you can identify personally with what is happening. It's important to write these things down and think about each transit as you find and track it. Always note the houses involved. Those houses are the areas of your life which are being affected at any time. Let me say that again: THOSE HOUSES ARE THE AREAS OF YOUR LIFE WHICH ARE BEING AFFECTED AT ANY TIME.

Saturn is very important. Saturn may be in the same vein as the outer planets. Because by the time you delineate the outer planets you will get a "picture" of the TONE of the present energy patterns and if they are supportive or not. But Saturn may be more positive than the energy of the more OUTER planets.

Saturn may MODIFY the energies of the "stage setters". The important thing is to WRITE DOWN every aspect (transit). It can bring strength and new beginnings to an otherwise difficult time.

As you go alonG you will notice if the overall patterns are positive or negative. Supportive or undermining.

Obviously the squares, oppositions, inconjuncts, and even some conjunctions (especially conjunctions involving transit Neptune or transit heavy planets (including Jupiter) TO natal Neptune......are a sign that you are going through a difficult period in the area where these transits occur.

OR you can be in a supportive period where the heavier planets are sextile, trine each other or natal planets.

Going SLOWLY and keeping TRACK of them (using an ephemeris) will make things VERY much easier. Keeping track of the transits of OTHERS - friends, relatives....anyone you know and will let you track them.....will help. Because the MORE you track transits and define them, the easier it gets. You can't learn transits from your chart ONLY.

If you post your chart with current transits I can help you understand them better.

NEVER assume you KNOW what will happen with any particular transit or sets of transits. It takes many many years of study to even begin to be really accurate about transits.
LIN

Last edited:

Cary2

Banned
I need someone to explain how I can read my current transits because I have found the literature to be quite confusing and very complicated. Thanks in advance!

Many parts of Predictive Astrology resemble chart comparison. The sky at any moment is the transiting chart that we all share. What we don't share is the chemistry between our natal chart and the transiting chart. You will have monumental moments that others find inconsequential or minor due to the close contact of a transiting factor to your natal factor.

Do you have any experience comparing two charts? The style can change according to your preference. Some people use a dual chart with an inner chart surrounded by an outer chart, and the inner chart should be your natal chart. Then you look for aspects between factors in transiting chart, the outer chart, to the natal chart, the inner chart. If you can find aspects in your natal chart, then you can find aspects between the transiting chart and the natal chart, your "transits".

Another style is to simply print the locations of transiting planets around the outside of the natal chart wheel.

Your natal chart significators are Sun, Moon, Ascendant, and MC. Aspects between transiting planets and the natal significators are more important. Look there first if care to organize your effort.

Hard aspects, conjunction, square, opposition, semi-square, sesquiquadrate tend to suggest events. Soft aspects trine and sextile tend to refer to states, but don't neglect them. States can lead to actions.

Your natal aspects belong to your character all your life, but the transiting aspects that form between the transiting chart and the natal chart are temporary and they have a time span. Slow-moving transiting planets have a long time span.

Forget trivial transits for now. Transits of fast-moving objects that don't last very long are not important. They describe trivial things. Slow-moving planets that aspect the natal significators are what you really need to study.

What may be strange to you is that you have two planets each. You not only have a natal Venus, but you have a transiting Venus, and one can aspect the other. No one has a Venus-trine-Venus aspect in their natal chart, but you can have one between the transiting and natal charts. It is simple; it merely talks about Venus matters without much complication in such a case as that.