my fear of scorpo

naive

I am a dummy in astrology and not sure I want to go very deep in it, so my question is likely naive (sorry!)

I am female, Gemini sun, and if i understand correctly - Cancer rising and Capricorn moon. In my life I have burned myself in relationships with Scorpios, and now kind of want to avoid them if I can. Of course, they are intelligent, strong willed, successful, but the trait I hate in them is that cruelty deep inside. That they take pleasure in hurting others. Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I perceive Scorpios.

The question: should I avoid conceiving a Scorpio baby, if I feel that way? Or am I just stupid and should feel lucky to have any healthy baby? I know that sun sign alone don't mean nothing and also I could have different sun sign baby, but with Scorpio moon or rising. But still?

katydid

Sorry, but that is kind of like being a 'racist' or being discriminatory against Scorpios.

Is it fair for me to say I will never hire a Gemini because they are too scatterbrained? Seems kind of unfair because that is just a stereotype. :sad:

Did you know that many people say women with Capricorn Moons make terrible mothers. Maybe you shouldn't have any children at all- Scorpio or otherwise!

Okay, I obviously don't believe that, as I am also a woman with Moon in Capricorn. And my kids say I am a great Mom. [for the most part…]

But I am just trying to make the point that using 'sun sign' Astrology to discriminate against others is unfair, mo.

Last edited:

tikana

sits and loads her stinger..

well, no hanky panky for you on valentine if you do not wish to have scorpio

I love scorpio Suns...I've had a little trouble with a few but I've also had great friends that were/are scorpios. They are fiercely loyal and protective of people they love. Yes they have their bad sides but every sign does. That's how it works, things balance each other out with the 'bad' and the 'good' otherwise people and life would be dull (we would never learn anything.)

naive

Katydid - I am a good mum to my little Libra, and love children in general (so, as a Capricorn moon, maybe I just need to stop believing in astrology? :biggrin: ) And I AM scatterbrained, so don't hire me for a job that requires lots of logical thinking, accuracy and stress resistance.

It's just my trauma of the past with a very scorpiony Scorpio, a toxic friendship. I am afraid to have that kind of relationship with my child later in life. I am not saying that Scorpios are all bad, just that what if I am not the right person to raise one?

RaRohini

Hey,
Do you have North node in Scorpio? (I have one ..and im Sun Gemini) .and i have been burnt badly too. But when i look back, i understand that they are here to teach you some Karmic lessons.
Good luck !

Therese

About 9% of the world's population are Scorpios. you had a bad experience with one of them and you would put the rest in the same box. I don't think astrology works that way. Jeffrey Dahmer, the Milwaukee cannibal was a Gemini Sun, Ricardo Ramirez, aka the night stalker was a Pisces Sun. and yet, when we learn that someone is Gemini or Pisces, "potential serial killer" is not the first thing that comes to our mind. Not to my mind, anyway :D

(ps: in this video on astrological symbolism, it's exactly Scorpio that is used as an example)http://www.astrologyweekly.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:

naive

You talk about stereotypes. But stereotypes are the thing that lures people into astrology in the first place! You recognize those basic, stereotypical traits of sun signs in yourself and people you know, and you think:"There must be some grain of truth in it!" People indeed have those sun traits if you get to know them well enough!

Every person has good traits and personality weaknesses, it's just that I can easily live with some of them, but it would be hard to live with others...

But as I understand choosing "most compatible" sun sign for your baby is not a good thing to do...

If my chart is accurate (not sure about exact birth time), my north node is in Taurus and I have Pluto and Saturn in Scorpio.

Therese

I'm not sure what lures people into astrology. Personally, it's exactly the stereotypes that kept me away for almost twenty years. I couldn't take a system of clichés seriously. But then, I bumped into Meyer's "A Handbook for the Humanistic Astrologer", and I encountered some very interesting people on this forum who were anything but simplistic in their approach, and I was intrigued.

You have Saturn in Scorpio? No wonder you've had bad experiences with Scorpios. Are you familiar with C.G. Jung's notion of the shadow?

Last edited:

katydid

You talk about stereotypes. But stereotypes are the thing that lures people into astrology in the first place! You recognize those basic, stereotypical traits of sun signs in yourself and people you know, and you think:"There must be some grain of truth in it!" People indeed have those sun traits if you get to know them well enough!

Every person has good traits and personality weaknesses, it's just that I can easily live with some of them, but it would be hard to live with others...

But as I understand choosing "most compatible" sun sign for your baby is not a good thing to do...

If my chart is accurate (not sure about exact birth time), my north node is in Taurus and I have Pluto and Saturn in Scorpio.

Sure, there is some kernel of truth in most stereotypes. But I think you took it way too far by saying:

"...but the trait I hate in them is that cruelty deep inside. That they take pleasure in hurting others. Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I perceive Scorpios."

You said that Scorpios have' cruelty deep inside and they take pleasure in hurting others.' I strongly object to that statement. I have never taken pleasure in hurting anyone and am not 'cruel' deep down inside.

I have been happily married for 33 years now, have never betrayed, cheated or been cruel to my husband or my grown kids or granddaughter. So it bothers me to hear you say you would never want to have a Scorpio child because of your prejudices. :sad:

...Capricorns get stereotyped too. People think of us as boring, cold, and all about work; not exactly all true. I'm definitely not boring, cold, and definitely not all about work. (I actually hate the boring 9-5.)

It just goes to show that we shouldn't look to sun signs only anyway. We have that sun sign; but it's colored and shaped and molded by our other aspects and other planets in the signs we have as well, as we all know...

conspiracy theorist

And just to throw another hat in the ring, I'm a super Sagittarius and they are known to be breezy, buoyant and happy-go-lucky, right?

I asked my brother yesterday how much times he's seen me laugh since the new year. His response was "twice".

So much for that stereotype.

Blaze

Account Closed
Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's wrong with having Scorpio anything? Do you think 1/12 of the worlds population is that bad? Yikes. :pouty: Let me tell ya a little secret...between you an I...anyone can be a controlling A-hole. :devil:

To answer the question....No, the time of year your child is born should not dictate your love for the kiddo.

RaRohini

Hi !
It is only a matter of perspective. Geminis being an open book unconsciously percieve others also to be so.. till the lesson is learnt from the Scorpio. It hits the Gemini ego hard . Also the way the Scorpio amputates without explanation is very hard for a Gemini to swallow. Its somewhat like the child in the Gemini is wounded. The Scorpio has their own reasons for doing so and are probably hurt even more than Gemini; but never show it. This has been my experience.

Dubyadude1986

Or, "all Geminis are unfaithful." I see that a lot also. Completely incorrect.

None of these absolutes are correct. There are people that enjoy hurting others from all parts of the zodiac...

This can't be said enough...

I didn't mean to put the icing on the cake, but this needs to be hammered in like a broken record.

Wishing you the best,
Scorpio Moon.

Last edited:

david starling

And just to throw another hat in the ring, I'm a super Sagittarius and they are known to be breezy, buoyant and happy-go-lucky, right?

I asked my brother yesterday how much times he's seen me laugh since the new year. His response was "twice".

So much for that stereotype.

Yeah, Saturn's in Sag. Takes a straw and tries to suck the fun out. Capricorn's up next, but in that case, it might be business as usual.

Babylon Tortoise

Thats interesting - Saturn in Sagittarius is having a curious effect on my Sagittarius Rising... perhaps whilst he damps the Sun he encourages the Rising - which is the agent of action and work? hmmm..

not to derail the thread... yerp I have difficulties with scorps... through the rising mentioned above I feel - giving a disillusionment paradigm similar to the speculated gemini one above, in my case...

i have someone who i consider a good friend who is scorpio - he is eminently capable of momentary cruelties and has a certain arrogance that thanks to the subtlety of his nature, he can get away with such things.

There are always exceptions though. One of the most important men in my life is Scorpio with Cancer moon - and although I don't know the 'inner him' so well, his light of kindness is constant and enduring.

ALRESCHA

I am a dummy in astrology and not sure I want to go very deep in it, so my question is likely naive (sorry!)

I am female, Gemini sun, and if i understand correctly - Cancer rising and Capricorn moon. In my life I have burned myself in relationships with Scorpios, and now kind of want to avoid them if I can. Of course, they are intelligent, strong willed, successful, but the trait I hate in them is that cruelty deep inside. That they take pleasure in hurting others. Maybe I am wrong, but that's how I perceive Scorpios.

The question: should I avoid conceiving a Scorpio baby, if I feel that way? Or am I just stupid and should feel lucky to have any healthy baby? I know that sun sign alone don't mean nothing and also I could have different sun sign baby, but with Scorpio moon or rising. But still?

It's OK, I can understand what you are saying. Scorpio energy is alien to you in a way. Your personal karma is such that you don't get to meet kind Scorpios very often. Unless you try to develop the good Scorpio energy in your chart. I stay away from Leo Suns because the Sun rules my 12th. I only got to meet the lower order Leo energy people because I personally detest and underestimate the importance of that energy but as soon as I started to change that, I met a person who actually hesitates to devour me :lol: Nobody should neglect or misuse any field in the zodiac.

Study Scorpios, you'll understand what good qualities we have too. Stay away from them when you have bad challenges just in case so that you don't undergo too much of a damage.

AppLeo

LOL. I've had some pretty intense relationships with Scorpio's, too. But LOL. I think you should be happy with a scorpio baby. Literally 1/12 of all the people in the world are scorpio's and it appears that the world hasn't been destroyed by them. Scorpio's can be cruel, but that's just a stereotype. Anyone can be cruel.