Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 05-18-2020, 12:51 AM

Smile Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Clearing away the confusion, there's been a general consensus, for nearly a century, that an Age of Aquarius is the next precessional Age to come.

Now, what Sign precedes Aquarius, in the direct sequence of the Signs of the Zodiac? Obviously, it's Capricorn.

So, what precessional Age are we in now, nearing its completion? Gotta be the Age of Capricorn if the Aquarian Age is next to come.

Last edited by david starling; 05-18-2020 at 12:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 01:49 AM

Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Clearing away the confusion, there's been a general consensus, for nearly a century, that an Age of Aquarius is the next precessional Age to come.

Now, what Sign precedes Aquarius, in the direct sequence of the Signs of the Zodiac? Obviously, it's Capricorn.

So, what precessional Age are we in now, nearing its completion? Gotta be the Age of Capricorn if the Aquarian Age is next to come.

Well, it certainly "FEELS" like it like forever, as long as I've been aware of the gross materialism and greed in this country for which it stands.

It hit me square between the eyes, when I had my 1st baby in 1972 - and during the typical 10 hour ordeal of pain and confusion back then, the screaming that went on in a room with a few victims of pain - waiting it out ... the nurses wanted to inject my spine with a spinal block. I yelled "no"., because I couldn't stay still for them to do it, and they insisted that they could not unless I was absolutely still. Instead, I came up with a novel idea, "take my injection, and give it to her' (the girl in the next bed screaming even more then I was) They answered, 'well we can't.." So I said "why not?" Answer "You have insurance" " I don't want it and you say its so good for pain" and she's in terrible pain too. (her 1st)

The nurse said to me, "Because she doesn't have insurance, she's on welfare" and "its a very expensive drug."

I realized then & there the horrible inequity of our capitalism system and was never the same again.

We missed the boat with Senator Sanders, and it may not come back EVER until this country crashed under the sheer weight of it's greed.

Over 2 (or was it 3 Trillion) of the Stimulus Money was eaten up by those making over 1 Million per year says the watchdogs and government , something like 90% of it went to the wealthy in this country.

YEP, as a Capricorn Stellium myself, in the 6th house, I say it stinks....Robbing the middle class and giving to the Rich to be richer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-18-2020), Opal (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 02:20 AM

There are some Aquarian changes already occurring as the Age of Aquarius approaches, but meeting intense resistance from those who are unable to deal with the malefic side of Saturn in their own charts. The Age "pumps up the volume" of one Age-sign's rulership, until the Age-indicator actually ingresses the next Sign. So, Saturn is still way stronger than would otherwise be the case. Channeling the malefic nature of Saturn is the most effective way to gain power, especially through the Capricornian, Capitalistic system. So, we end up with the worst people running the show.
Unread 05-18-2020, 02:31 AM

Quote:
There are some Aquarian changes already occurring as the Age of Aquarius approaches, but meeting intense resistance from those who are unable to deal with the malefic side of Saturn in their own charts. The Age "pumps up the volume" of one Age-sign's rulership, until the Age-indicator actually ingresses the next Sign. So, Saturn is still way stronger than would otherwise be the case. Channeling the malefic nature of Saturn is the most effective way to gain power, especially through the Capricornian, Capitalistic system. So, we end up with the worst people running the show.

I never thought of that before, seeing Saturn (the Ruler of Capricorn) as the malefic that will indeed act out that way IF we haven't consciously made the attempt to correct our behaviors and depending on the Saturn aspects in one's chart. Thank god my Saturn is trine Venus sextile Neptune and trine the MC. Something decent there since it's the Sun-Mars-Mercury ruler.

I feel badly for those who don't have this aid from their charts, but I also believe that they CAN make a conscious choice to take the high road, and not the road of least resistance which IS too often the problem when greed plays out like it has. It takes people to change. Enough of them. To change a Paradigm....like this one

Unread 05-18-2020, 02:38 AM

Since the Age-signs overlap, with the leading Age-sign of one Age becoming the background Age-sign for the next, Capricorn will continue as background Age-sign during the foreground Age of Aquarius. Then, Saturn will be background, instead of foreground Age-ruler, and will become a benefic, providing a modicum of structure to an otherwise chaotic Uranian-ruled foreground Age.
leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 02:43 AM

What sign reflects best the past 50 years if not Capricorn. At the very heart of this sign is the absolute (its a Cardinal sign), desire for security. Security comes best (they say), from having enough money. Having enough money is a relative term, likely inspired thoughts about money from parental guidance, how you live and what your parents taught you about money. Is it for hoarding, for saving or for sharing?

I was very very lucky. I had a Virgo Sun father who assaulted me, but besides that infraction, he did manage to share values of being generous to the neighbors when the neighbors were "down & out".

He did subscribe to the concept of "Service" just as a 6th house ruler (Virgo) might do. He'd say, "leave the shopping cart instead of taking it to the rest of them to park, let the person of a lowly wage, have a job".....and I always remembered that. Probably helped that he himself had only service related jobs (taxi driver and later Social Security Medicare Disability section) again, related to the 6th house of service industry jobs.

On the other hand, my mother gave and gave sometimes, all her own groceries she just purchased would be gone before she arrived home. She'd explain the needy person on the corner, or the homeless guy as she turned the other street...carrying her bag along. There can be "generosity to a fault" I suppose.

What did people like DJT, Steven Mnuchin, Treasury and Wilbur Ross (Commerce SEcretary at 82 years of age!!) and a Billionaire, need with a job? Its GREED behind all of it. Just look around and assess those in this administration and their "net worth pp"

Ross was born Dec. 28, so 1st decan Capricorn. Greed personified:

* ( btw; I think both Clintons are also terribly greedy, so I tend to be neutral in assessing these things)

Wilbur Ross currently as an 82 yr. old dude, still raking it in, as is Betsy DeVoss (Amway fortune), and harming schoolchildren with her changes - giving money usually given to the "public schools" instead to the "private schools" wherever she can get away with it.

I don't like that most of the Sun sign I share is unfortunately skewed in their values system they adopt, its not something I'm proud of to say the least. I am however, happy to have some Sun peers in this group even though the minority who share this sign with me. Yogananda for one, David Bowie (R.I.P.) was another. They shared, were generous, and knew the score. I'll have to check their Saturn aspects too.

Yogananda: January 5th, 1893 His Saturn is as mine Sextile to Venus and Trine to Neptune! Perhaps Neptune's vibes in such harmony with one's Sun ruler is evident of the collective and how you will likely respond to them.

(the late) David Bowie: We shared the same aspects - (other then being born across the pond), a natal twin chart ...

When Pluto is out of Capricorn and into Aquarius, will we all feel some relief in being equitable to more of our fellow citizens? Will the world feel this equity too? Certainly in the USA, we are amongst the greedier nations.

I don't think I'll be in the earth to see it, but we are on the cusp of Aquarius - A cusp decan can take hundreds of years. We can see the "seed" planted for change.

(Parable of the sower - in Matthew from Jesus)
Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.
But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop-a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

9Whoever has ears, let them hear."

Last edited by leomoon; 05-18-2020 at 02:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
Opal (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 03:15 AM

Leomoon, I was going to ask you how you managed to prevent malefic Saturn from taking you over, but you already explained it.

You may be surprised to learn that very few tropical astrologers use 2150 for the start of the sidereal Aquarian Age. And, that most all siderealists, including Vedic, pay little, if any attention at all, to their own sidereal Ages! It's the tropicalists who are most impressed with the Ages concept., especially in reference to an upcoming Aquarian Age.

Last edited by david starling; 05-18-2020 at 03:20 AM.
leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
What sign reflects best the past 50 years if not Capricorn. At the very heart of this sign is the absolute (its a Cardinal sign), desire for security. Security comes best (they say), from having enough money. Having enough money is a relative term, likely inspired thoughts about money from parental guidance, how you live and what your parents taught you about money. Is it for hoarding, for saving or for sharing?

I was very very lucky. I had a Virgo Sun father who assaulted me, but besides that infraction, he did manage to share values of being generous to the neighbors when the neighbors were "down & out".

He did subscribe to the concept of "Service" just as a 6th house ruler (Virgo) might do. He'd say, "leave the shopping cart instead of taking it to the rest of them to park, let the person of a lowly wage, have a job".....and I always remembered that. Probably helped that he himself had only service related jobs (taxi driver and later Social Security Medicare Disability section) again, related to the 6th house of service industry jobs.

On the other hand, my mother gave and gave sometimes, all her own groceries she just purchased would be gone before she arrived home. She'd explain the needy person on the corner, or the homeless guy as she turned the other street...carrying her bag along. There can be "generosity to a fault" I suppose.

What did people like DJT, Steven Mnuchin, Treasury and Wilbur Ross (Commerce SEcretary at 82 years of age!!) and a Billionaire, need with a job? Its GREED behind all of it. Just look around and assess those in this administration and their "net worth pp"

Ross was born Dec. 28, so 1st decan Capricorn. Greed personified:

* ( btw; I think both Clintons are also terribly greedy, so I tend to be neutral in assessing these things)

Wilbur Ross currently as an 82 yr. old dude, still raking it in, as is Betsy DeVoss (Amway fortune), and harming schoolchildren with her changes - giving money usually given to the "public schools" instead to the "private schools" wherever she can get away with it.

I don't like that most of the Sun sign I share is unfortunately skewed in their values system they adopt, its not something I'm proud of to say the least. I am however, happy to have some Sun peers in this group even though the minority who share this sign with me. Yogananda for one, David Bowie (R.I.P.) was another. They shared, were generous, and knew the score. I'll have to check their Saturn aspects too.

Yogananda: January 5th, 1893 His Saturn is as mine Sextile to Venus and Trine to Neptune! Perhaps Neptune's vibes in such harmony with one's Sun ruler is evident of the collective and how you will likely respond to them.

(the late) David Bowie: We shared the same aspects - (other then being born across the pond), a natal twin chart ...

When Pluto is out of Capricorn and into Aquarius, will we all feel some relief in being equitable to more of our fellow citizens? Will the world feel this equity too? Certainly in the USA, we are amongst the greedier nations.

I don't think I'll be in the earth to see it, but we are on the cusp of Aquarius - A cusp decan can take hundreds of years. We can see the "seed" planted for change.

(Parable of the sower - in Matthew from Jesus)
Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.
But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop-a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

9Whoever has ears, let them hear."
Tropically, were closer than you think to the Age ingress into tropical Aquarius. There isn't "guess-work" involved , since the tropical Sign-placements aren't subject to opinion, as is the case sidereally.

Aso, the tropical pattern shows a very quick beginning to the most representative Fixed-sign Age manifestations; whereas, tho Cardinal-sign Ages don't show their most intrinsic results until late in the Age.
Unread 05-18-2020, 03:43 AM

Yes, Pluto's ingress into Aquarius will be a MAJOR boost to the transition. Expect the Saturnian forces to fight against it though.
Unread 05-18-2020, 05:40 AM

John Barleycorn Must Die. Another myth to track time and explain death and reproduction, throughout the years.

The Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnkHP_v3CYw

The History

https://austinhackney.co.uk/2016/04/...ery-uncovered/

The Poem

John Barleycorn: A Ballad

Type: Poem by

Robert Burns
There was three kings into the east,
Three kings both great and high,
And they hae sworn a solemn oath
John Barleycorn should die.

They took a plough and plough'd him down,
Put clods upon his head,
And they hae sworn a solemn oath
John Barleycorn was dead.

But the cheerful Spring came kindly on,
And show'rs began to fall;
John Barleycorn got up again,
And sore surpris'd them all.

The sultry suns of Summer came,
And he grew thick and strong;
His head weel arm'd wi' pointed spears,
That no one should him wrong.

The sober Autumn enter'd mild,
When he grew wan and pale;
His bending joints and drooping head
Show'd he began to fail.

His colour sicken'd more and more,
He faded into age;
And then his enemies began
To show their deadly rage.

They've taen a weapon, long and sharp,
And cut him by the knee;
Then tied him fast upon a cart,
Like a rogue for forgerie.

They laid him down upon his back,
And cudgell'd him full sore;
They hung him up before the storm,
And turned him o'er and o'er.

They filled up a darksome pit
With water to the brim;
They heaved in John Barleycorn,
There let him sink or swim.

They laid him out upon the floor,
To work him farther woe;
And still, as signs of life appear'd,
They toss'd him to and fro.

They wasted, o'er a scorching flame,
The marrow of his bones;
But a miller us'd him worst of all,
For he crush'd him between two stones.

And they hae taen his very heart's blood,
And drank it round and round;
And still the more and more they drank,
Their joy did more abound.

John Barleycorn was a hero bold,
Of noble enterprise;
For if you do but taste his blood,
'Twill make your courage rise.

'Twill make a man forget his woe;
'Twill heighten all his joy;
'Twill make the widow's heart to sing,
Tho' the tear were in her eye.

Then let us toast John Barleycorn,
Each man a glass in hand;
And may his great posterity
Ne'er fail in old Scotland!

Unread 05-18-2020, 07:00 AM

Robert Burns certainly loved his beer! Any idea regarding what he meant by "the three kings"?
Unread 05-18-2020, 12:48 PM

"Budweiser" is said to be "the king of beer". Maybe the slogan was inspired by the Burns poem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-18-2020), Opal (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Robert Burns certainly loved his beer! Any idea regarding what he meant by "the three kings"?
I am very fond of the song. Always have been. I put it here because, I think that Burns may have been referencing, Orion's belt. Describing the cycle of life and death of the harvest.

Marking time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-18-2020), leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
"Budweiser" is said to be "the king of beer". Maybe the slogan was inspired by the Burns poem.
The Watchtowers recorded it in the 1960's. Traffic in the 1970's. Budweiser does use barley. It is a believable correlation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am very fond of the song. Always have been. I put it here because, I think that Burns may have been referencing, Orion's belt. Describing the cycle of life and death of the harvest.

Marking time.
"John Barleycorn" sounds Druidic. Maybe the Druids related the three stars to beer, and the growing, cutting, processing, and eventual renewal that makes it possible.
Opal (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 01:20 PM

Robert Burns the writer of the poem, was a Freemason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-18-2020), leomoon (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 03:58 PM

I'm not making a statement for or against anything here, just sharing what I had saved years ago for consideration:

Age of Aquarius – and the incorrect assumptions made in the past: (Terry MacKinnell)
Rumen Kolev also states the heliacal rising (or setting) of a stellar object must occur before the Sun rises (or after it sets)[7]which is another way of saying the “visible heliacal rising”
*****because the Sun rising obliterates the invisible to the eye, heliacal star)
Gavin White in his book Babylonian Star-Lore proposes the most relevant astronomical feature of ancient times (presumably other than the position of the Sun and Moon) were the stars on the eastern horizon just before dawn
The modern approach to calibrating the ages using the Vernal Point developed by Hipparchus is incongruous to the original methods of observing the stars and constellations. This incongruity of using the position of the Sun at the vernal equinox as the calibrator for the astrological ages is put into context by Nicholas Campion, who states that in observational astronomy it makes no sense to place the Sun in a constellation or among stars, because whenever the Sun is visible the stars are not.[10]Observational astronomy was the astronomy of the ancients.
****Hipparchus used mathematics to place the VP, because you cannot SEE the backdrop of the stars to correctly point to a helical rising unless you use mathematics…The ancients used visibility.

In one hour, approximately, fifteen degrees of the ecliptic rises—this is equivalent to half a zodiacal sign. This is the source of the discrepancy between the ages as defined by Hipparchus and the ages based on the ancient visible heliacal method. The difference between the ancient techniques of the heliacal rising zodiacal constellation at the VE compared to the modern VP method is approximately fifteen degrees, half a sign/age or about 1,075 years.
In ancient times, the zodiacal constellations were meant to be read via their visible heliacal position when applied to the astrological ages. The error Hipparchus made in 127 BCE when he inadvertently used the VP in place of the visible heliacal method delayed his ages by approximately 1,075 years.

Therefore according to his interpretation the four Yugas are divided in to the following years,of a Georgian Calendar.
Kali Yuga: The Iron Age
A.D. 500 to A.D. 1700 (1,200 years)
Descent into materialism, ignorance, and forgetfulness
Dwapara Yuga: The Bronze Age
A.D. 1700 to A.D. 4100 (2,400 years)
Technological progress, conquest of space
Treta Yuga: The Silver Age
A.D. 4100 to A.D. 8900 (3,600 years)
Telepathy, conquest of time
Satya Yuga: The Golden Age
A.D. 8900 to A.D. 13,700 (4,800 years)
Harmony with nature, human divinity,One with God

he finished with this:

we are now on the year 2012, This year is 312th year of Dwapara Yuga,
Sri Yukeswar
- Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri
From his book 'The Holy Science'

Last edited by leomoon; 05-18-2020 at 05:13 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 04:22 PM

Sunday's "Sixty Minutes" had an environmentalist on in their last segment of the show. He said the United States and the rest of the world especially, has been set on improving their lot in life through a material type of growth for the past 7,500 years?

(that part I didn't get).....7,500 years?? Of course the U.S. is only a baby barely on the scale of time unless we count the natural native Indians and Atlanteans from another time and space.

But this is what he said.

He was speaking about both Robert Frost who wrote

1. The Road Not Taken - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(poem)
    "Then took the other, as just as fair, And having perhaps the better claim, Because it was grassy and wanted wear; Though as for that the passing there Had worn them really about the same, And both that morning equally lay In leaves, no step had trodden black. Oh, I kept the first for another day! Yet knowing how way leads on to way"
His point being, IF we don't make the envioroment the "new way forward" and change our value system, there will be no earth in the future. That IF we do make serious changes, the people coming up 50 years from now will thank us instead of curse us.

The future is in our hands.

***p.s. I still don't know what he meant by 7,500 years, because the Industrial Revolution is only a few hundred years old:
The precise dates are a subject for debate and vary by historian, but the 1760/80s to the 1830/40s are most common, with the developments beginning in Britain and then spreading to the rest of the world, including the United States.

https://www.thoughtco.com/guide-to-t...lution-1221914

I found this timeline however:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...man_prehistory

Last edited by leomoon; 05-18-2020 at 04:26 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 05:21 PM

Found it: "The Age of Aquarius" with planets - and constellations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqTLZklyCw
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Found it: "The Age of Aquarius" with planets - and constellations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqTLZklyCw
You're still focusing on the retrograde-state, sidereal, precessional Ages.

They don't register in the tropical Zodiac.

Last edited by david starling; 05-18-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You're still focusing on the retrograde-state, sidereal, precessional Ages.

They don't register in the tropical Zodiac.

Having a Sidereal Gemini Rising, I don't focus well.....just sharing saved items for consideration as mentioned.

When I DO focus, it takes a greater deal of effort to make myself do so. But thanks, I do know the difference and have been following as well.
Have been searching my computer (must be in my hard drive from past years), for Astrologer Gene Ray's Tropical Chart for Aquarius, as he had figured it out he said....IF I find it I'll post it later.

Added: Can't find it, my computer is worthless now that I've lost all my original charts!

Here is an online Blog however about his calculations:

https://astropost.blogspot.com/2008/...-gene-ray.html

Last edited by leomoon; 05-18-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 10:05 PM

Let me know please, if Gene Ray's thesis is along the same lines as your own?

https://astropost.blogspot.com/2008/...-gene-ray.html

Quote:
Regulus resides almost exactly at the border of the signs Leo and Virgo, though technically speaking; this star is still within the sign Leo until March 2012. Even though Regulus belongs to the constellation Leo, Regulus passes through all the signs of the zodiac in about 25, 714.285 years. It is very important to realize that Regulus, whatever sign of the Zodiac it is in is in truth the marker for the beginning of a thirty degree section of space that is called Leo. By moving in successive 30 degree arcs you can determine where these 30 degree sections are located. We can call them by the constellation names if we wish and as Astrologers this may be the easiest way to relate. But we must remember that the constellations were merely general markers in the sky and the stars contained within them have no real use in Age measurement because they change within themselves and in relation to each other.

The constellations themselves are of no importance. It is only the relationship between Regulus and the 1st of Aries that has significance in judging an Age, and remember that what we call the 1st of Aries has been located in the arc of space called Pisces for the last 2138 + years. In 2012 this 1st of Aries will actually happen in the space called Aquarius and will take approximately 2,142 years to move on to Capricorn. This of course depends on the idea that there will be no change in motion direction from precession to direct. We can not be sure of this. Remember we are also having a 25,714 year cycle happening at the same time.

AGE OF PISCES
For instance the Age of Pisces began about 131 BCE. It was this year that the Jews were freed from the Syrian yoke. The beginning of the Age of Pisces can be determined by subtracting 2,142.857 years from 2012.
Smyth wrote of it" "The longitude of Regulus has, through successive Ages been made a datum-step by the best astronomers of all nations"

By my calculations an Age is about 2,142.857 years long.
For all the 12 Ages to complete the time is about 25, 714.285 years.
Quoting Professor Harding, the noted Astronomer and Mathematician," the signs of the Zodiac coincided about 300 BCE and before that about 26,000 BCE."

26,000 BCE minus 300 BCE = 25,700 years. So in all those thousands of years his approximate calculation is only 14 years off of my calculation.
The Aquarian Age will begin March 20, 2012 when the longitude of Regulus will be 150 degrees 0 minutes and approximately 4 seconds of arc and then the 30th degree of Aquarius will be on the Earths Ascendant or what will be termed the 1st of Aries. If we wish to know the approximate time of the change of Age of Aries to the Age of Pisces we simply have to doing the subtraction.
2012 - 2,143 (rounded up) = 131 BCE (If the movement of Regulus is constant and of this we are not sure).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-18-2020), Opal (05-18-2020)
Unread 05-18-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Having a Sidereal Gemini Rising, I don't focus well.....just sharing saved items for consideration as mentioned.

When I DO focus, it takes a greater deal of effort to make myself do so. But thanks, I do know the difference and have been following as well.
Have been searching my computer (must be in my hard drive from past years), for Astrologer Gene Ray's Tropical Chart for Aquarius, as he had figured it out he said....IF I find it I'll post it later.
I like what you've shared. No problem with that.

I looked up astrologer Gene Ray, and he wrote that he's heavily involved with a website called Astrologers Forum. Not sure if I should join it or not, to check the reaction to these tropical Ages. I looked through the list of specific topics, and the Ages weren't mentioned.

Also, the two types of astrology mentioned are Vedic and "Western". No mention about Western sidereal (Solunars specialty), so it looks like "Western" is being equated with "tropical".

Last edited by david starling; 05-18-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I looked up astrologer Gene Ray, and he wrote that he's heavily involved with a website called Astrologers Forum. Not sure if I should join it or not, to check the reaction to these tropical Ages. I looked through the list of specific topics, and the Ages weren't mentioned.
Its been a few years now, he use to be on astro.com forum too after the Astrologer's Forum (his own site), but he closed it years ago I think....

He may have passed on for all I know....like I said it's been awhile. I just recalled how stuck he was on that chart and had it located in Gabon? I think....the Asc. was Regulus?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabon

Ref:
Quote:
Also, the two types of astrology mentioned are Vedic and "Western". No mention about Western sidereal (Solunars specialty), so it looks like "Western" is being equated with "tropical".
He and I use to "butt heads" on his original forum he started, because he ONLY allowed (I have his chart btw, he's Leo-Regulas ASC )

the EQUAL House charts to be seen or posted
usually. I liked Placidius and still do. He hated that. (eye roll here)

A very "fixed thinker" But I liked him enough, except for that little bonus. Regulus Rising, Virgo Sun must be why.
Speaking out of school here.... But even so, I admire people who put that much time and effort into one subject like the Age of Aquarius, (you, him & even Terry McK (Oz) None of you apparently have my Gemini Rising (in Sidereal), scattered ness to contend with.

Last edited by leomoon; 05-18-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Unread 05-18-2020, 10:43 PM

Well, Gene Ray appears to be a tropicalist working with the same old, retrograde, sidereal Ages as nearly everyone else. He has a different sidereal Age-length by about 6 less years than usual for some reason, and is using Regulus to locate the sidereal Signs, which gives a much earlier start to the Ages than the standard range of Ayanamsas used by actual siderealists.

His Age-indicator is the standard one for the sidereal Zodiac, the Vernal Point. Terry MacKinnell, on the other hand, has a verydifferent Ayanamsa than Gene's, which would give about a 700 years-later start to the sidereal Age of Aquarius than Gene's 2012, if Terry was using the VP itself as the sidereal Age-indicator. Instead, Terry is moving 15 degrees ahead of the VP, and therefore ends up with the sidereal Aquarian Age beginning about 550 years before Gene's start-year of 2012. And, about 1000 years before the start-year of the other siderealists.
leomoon (05-18-2020)

Tags
ages, astrological, discovery, tropical, voyage, zodiac