7th house empty---looking at its ruler?

melisa

Hello---
I am looking at my natal 7th and see it's empty (except for Chiron). SInce the 5th house is more for shorter? romances, in order to look at long-term relationships, would I look at the ruler of the 7th? I posted the chart---in my case it's Uranus, which is in Leo, in the 12th house, and squaring the Moon. I would see this as meaning my relationships would be detached and inconsistenet (Uranus), impacted by conflicts re: emotions and my mother (Moon), and 12th house concepts (psychological issues)....that fits. I also see that Uranus is not just in the 12th, it's opposed the 7th house cusp (by 5 degrees)....I assume this would cause disruptions and sudden break-ups? I don't tend to be "friends" with romantic partners, yet that would be Uranian.

I see that Juno is in Sagittarius, but I've read that this indicates the type of partner I choose, not the relationship. Any other feedback or suggestions at what to look at re: relationships since there are no planets in the 7th w3ould be appreciated.
Thanks
Melisa

Attachments

• chart transitis Feb 20 2014.gif
    chart transitis Feb 20 2014.gif
    55.8 KB · Views: 23

ashriia

Hello---
I am looking at my natal 7th and see it's empty (except for Chiron). SInce the 5th house is more for shorter? romances, in order to look at long-term relationships, would I look at the ruler of the 7th? I posted the chart---in my case it's Uranus, which is in Leo, in the 12th house, and squaring the Moon. I would see this as meaning my relationships would be detached and inconsistenet (Uranus), impacted by conflicts re: emotions and my mother (Moon), and 12th house concepts (psychological issues)....that fits. I also see that Uranus is not just in the 12th, it's opposed the 7th house cusp (by 5 degrees)....I assume this would cause disruptions and sudden break-ups? I don't tend to be "friends" with romantic partners, yet that would be Uranian.

I see that Juno is in Sagittarius, but I've read that this indicates the type of partner I choose, not the relationship. Any other feedback or suggestions at what to look at re: relationships since there are no planets in the 7th w3ould be appreciated.
Thanks
Melisa

Having venus in aspect to uranus is more likely to bring about sudden endings in relationships. You might simply be attracted to uranian individuals, and with uranus in the 12th - maybe someone with spiritual/outsider type interests? Definitely would look to the traditional ruler of your 7th as well - Saturn for more insight concerning your relationships. With aqua, pisces, and scorpio, the co-rulers always have a hand to play as well.

mdinaz

Your 7th house is not empty - Chiron is there and that is a very important point and it is very negatively aspected in this chart. Chiron reflects the hurts and soul wounds we suffer in life, mostly in childhood and that we carry forward throughout our lives. First, it is opposite Pluto in the 1st, showing that you exercise a great deal of control in relationships in order to avoid suffering any pain. For instance you may reject someone first if you feel they are about to reject you. This way you maintain control over the pain and in what way it is received. It is semisquare Saturn, which is the ruler of your 7th house (use traditional rulers for houses, not modern ones). Saturn is in the 5th house, of yes, romance, but also fun and creativity. Relationships are supposed to be fun, and being best friends with your lover/spouse is the best thing. With Saturn in your 5th, you view it more as work, obligations, and responsibility, which probably reminds you of your childhood where everything was a duty or obligation and "fun" took a distant backseat. When you view your relationships that way, that removes the "fun" aspect of being in love and enjoying the time you spend with someone. When the other person sees you are not having fun, they will mostly likely conclude that they just don't light up your life. Part of the fun of being in love and being with someone is the joy you give to other person - and if they appear joyless - well that is just plain depressing. Nobody wants to be around that. Chiron is also sesquiquadrate Venus in the 11th, which explains your "not friends with lovers" issue. While Venus in the 11th is a good position for Venus - and in Cancer too - you find great security and joy with your friends and what they offer to you and you offer to them. With the conjunction to Sun this is an essential part of your personality. With the negative aspect to Chiron however, this doesn't extend to your relationships. Were your parents not friend with each other? Did one of your parents view their relationship as an obligation rather than out of love and friendship? Somewhere in your youth you learned that marriage = work. I view the sesquiquadrate as a spiritual aspect so this is an important lesson for you to learn. Chiron is also quincunx Mercury, so talking about these problems to your partner is also difficult and annoying for you. I think you need to review WHY you want a close relationship with someone, and what it is you expect from them and they from you. If it is not to be best friends with your partner and revel in your association with them, you'd be best served not having a close relationship with anyone and just having "friends with benefits". But your Sun/Venus conjunction in Cancer implies you want the exact opposite - so you need to figure out how to get from here to there, and completely change your views on what exactly a partnership and marriage SHOULD MEAN TO YOU, rather than what you learned it to be from your parents or other family members.
As for Juno, it shows where you give up power to others in order to maintain relationships. Yours is semisextile Saturn, which means you are willing to give up your ideas of home life (safety, security, peace) in order to maintain a relationship, even if it is a lousy one. This comes easy for you. Again, it sounds like you had a parent who did exactly that. It is quincunx your Venus so doing this irritates you, and you can sense something is not right, but with the semisextile to Saturn, you are loathe or too lazy to change it.

JUPITERASC

Hello---

Thanks
Melisa
A useful technique based on astrological methods of 17th century astrologer Morin de Villefranche
as was taught by Zoltan Mason of New York
highlights viewing chart as a whole integrated unit
http://www.forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html

HOW TO PROCEED WHEN A HOUSE HAS NO PLANETS

'…....When a house is devoid of planets,
one judges the realization
or its suppression,
and the quality of the things essentially signified by the house,
according to the nature and the state of its ruler :smile:

It is to be noted, however,
that the Ascendant has a stronger significance for the life and constitution of the native
than does its ruler, if the latter is absent from the First House.
The aspects received by the Ascendant are in this case more powerful
than those received by the ruler.

The same observation holds for the Midheaven.…...'

Since Aquarius is the traditional territory of Saturn
then aspects to and from natal Saturn to other natal planets
have an influence on 7th house matters

melisa

Hi---
Thank u Jupiter asc and ashriia for pointing out I need to look at Saturn (trad. ruler of Aquarius) not just Uranus.....ashriia wrote
You might simply be attracted to uranian individuals, and with uranus in the 12th - maybe someone with spiritual/outsider type interests? Definitely would look to the traditional ruler of your 7th as well -
-----My current partner isn't spiritual yet he is Pisces and has 12th house traits!
----I am hopeful that my Saturn aspects (trad ruler of my empty 7th house) are positive----it's in Capricorn, opposed by Sun and Venus ( I like oppositions---hoping those oppositions would strengthen and rmoanticize interpersonal relations)----Saturn is also trine Mars and sextile Moon, as well as semi-sextile Juno----to me that would mean an emotional, sexual partner-oriented attitude toward 7th house matters....I assume it's helpful to look at Sat AND Uranus placements looking at Aquarius on the 7th?
Melisa

melisa

Hi---
Mdiniaz wrote--
Your 7th house is not empty - Chiron is there and that is a very important point and it is very negatively aspected in this chart. Chiron reflects the hurts we suffer in life, mostly in childhood and that we carry forward throughout our lives. First, it is opposite Pluto in the 1st, showing that you exercise a great deal of control in relationships in order to avoid suffering any pain. It is semisquare Saturn, which is the ruler of your 7th house (use traditional rulers for houses, not modern ones). Saturn is in the 5th house, of yes, romance, but also fun and creativity. With Saturn in your 5th, you view it more as work, obligations, and responsibility, which probably reminds you of your childhood where everything was a duty or obligation and "fun" took a distant backseat. When you view your relationships that way, that removes the "fun" aspect of being in love and enjoying the time you spend with someone. When the other person sees you are not having fun, they will mostly likely conclude that they just don't light up your life. Part of the fun of being in love and being with someone is the joy you give to other person - and if they appear joyless - well that is just plain depressing. Nobody wants to be around that.

----Yes that is true about me....with Pluto oppose the only asteroid in my 7th, the issue of control and I would also say my history of sex abuse would emerge in my partnerships---related to Pluto and Chiron. WIth Saturn in my 5th and semisquare my Chiron in 7th (plus Sat opposing Venus) it does have a heavy hand and a too serious on in my love life. I have been criticized for being too serious and not lighthearted enough. I would love to focus on the omore pos aspects of Saturn (reliability and loyalty), plus maybe harness my Jupiter in Sag closely sextiling my 7th, to add some fun and warmth.

Mdinaz wrote---With the negative aspect Venus to Chiron however, this doesn't extend to your relationships. Were your parents not friend with each other? Did one of your parents view their relationship as an obligation rather than out of love and friendship? Somewhere in your youth you learned that marriage = work. I view the sesquiquadrate as a spiritual aspect so this is an important lesson for you to learn. Chiron is also quincunx Mercury, so talking about these problems to your partner is also difficult and annoying for you. I think you need to review WHY you want a close relationship with someone, you need to figure out how to get from here to there, and completely change your views on what exactly a partnership and marriage SHOULD MEAN TO YOU, rather than what you learned it to be from your parents or other family members.
-----THanks for the thorough analysis. I had assumed that since Venus is in Cancer and Chiron in Pisces, they would bein alliance? I hadn't notied the sesquiquadrate......yes my parents were friendly---I believe I received the negativ messages about love via my mother being abusive to me and my siblings---yet she and my father got along. Yes, Chiron aspecting Mercury is difficult for me---the Chrion wound affecting my mind and communication---repressing me and fillling me with fear....what I would seek from a relationship would be love, romance, security and mutual support.

As for Juno, it shows where you give up power to others in order to maintain relationships. Yours is semisextile Saturn, which means you are willing to give up your ideas of home life (safety, security, peace) in order to maintain a relationship, even if it is a lousy one. This comes easy for you. Again, it sounds like you had a parent who did exactly that. It is quincunx your Venus so doing this irritates you, and you can sense something is not right, but with the semisextile to Saturn, you are loathe or too lazy to change it.
---Yes I fear changing it, fear other peoples' reactions. You are right, my parent (father ) was more passive and didn't speak up to my mother even when she abused us and was rude to him. And the Jun0 aspects to Venus and Saturn are almost exact....your analysis is painful and accurate.....and I would add that I would choose partners with the fun and freedom traits of Juno in Sagittarius, and I would try to add the empathy and devotion of Venus in Cancer, not always matching up.
Melisa

mdinaz

I guess the challenge then for you would be to find a relationship where you are friends first, and leave all the heavy relationship stuff for later. Work on the fun and friends part first, and then perhaps the rest can follow once you are comfortable operating that way. Sounds like your parents did teach you what relationships are - in a negative way. They may have "gotten along" but that doesn't mean either one was happy in any way.