Is his mom the reason?

WisdomJoy

Hi everyone, hoping you can assist me with the analysis of this chart.

So firstly, this is an extension of this previous couple here, the reason why she casted the chart was because I didn’t specifically as that the first time.

Question: Does his mom know about me/ Is she blocking us because of my background (race and culture)?

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132719

When I went back and looked at this original chart, his L10 was indeed making an aspect to her (L1 and mars), but at this time, it was seen as end of the matter I believe.

Also for the chart above, I added in the asteroids pertaining to her name and his name and what I found interesting in the chart above, was that she was sitting in his L3, clearly on his mind. He was sitting in his L4, I’m thinking that family is super important to him and what he cares most about (understandably).

I also checked this chart to see if it was fit for judgement using this: https://www.astronor.com/hours.htm. The hour is ruled by mars so it looks like it’s good to go with the ascendent being, leo.

Anyway,

She’s is sun and he’s saturn.
Her co-sig is either the moon or venus (the reason why I’m reluctant to assign her venus is because I’ve seen sometimes that venus in his (L7’s) 5th house can mean another woman or potential interest.)

So let me start with her (L1), she’s the sun and just entered gemini. In gemini, saturn has a dignity of triplicity so he receives her by triplicity, and face. She’s sitting in his 4th house of endings or family. I’m assuming that it isn’t endings because they currently aren’t together, I’m wondering if this just means he might see her as soul fam or that she’s under the terms of his family, specifically his mom which some might assign 4th house. I DO NOT think he sees her as family. The other theory is just that he thinks they’ve ended things.

When I also looked up both of their asteroid names (I took them out of this final chart because of privacy), they were both sitting in her 1st house which is very interesting. In some way, theres a connection or pull there between them and it shows up. I also love that her asteroid is sitting in her 1st house, that tells me that at the end of the day, she’ll do what’s best for her.

Now, he’s saturn in his 12th house and retrograde, so a couple of things I find so fascinating, in the original chart he was in the same house. Cadent and 12th house of loss. He’s hiding from her but I’m also thinking he has some regrets, regardless of whether he’ll ever tell her to her face. He’s also retrograde and they just spoke so I wondereing if this triggered him thinking about things. He’s domicile though, so he’s comfortable where he is, sitting in this spot, even if it isn’t the best for him or for her, or their relationship. Also, in Aquarius the sun is in detriment, so she receives him by detriment. She does not receive him well. This makes sense to me, she's still upset. They had this conversation before they were dating and he lied and said that his family wouldn't be an issue but things later proved that they might be.

Sun and Saturn are approaching by a sextile, so some movement will happen eventually and it should be more positive. But she doesn’t really care about that at this point tbh, she wants to know if his mommy has an issue.

if we assign the moon her or even the event itself, his mom knowing and blocking, then that tells me that it’s on his mind, sitting in his L3. When it comes to her, this is something that he thinks about. The other thing is the moon is exalted, so there’s strength there. This perspective holds weight.

What’s interesting to me as well is that mars in sitting in his first house, mars to me can’t represent another woman because why would she be applying a hard aspect to my friend? His mom on the other hand, sitting in his 1st house and applying a square to my gf makes sense. There’s some tension there, she’s blocking them. The only thing I’m still trying to figure out is the mom sitting in his house would mean that she’s under his rule. But I would argue that he’s under his mothers in fact.

Side note: Mercury, ruler of his 5th is making a conjunction to venus, so I’m thinking this is another woman. Interestingly enough, she has an exact square to neptune, some sort of betrayal is going on. She’s also approaching union by a trine, 3 degrees, she wants a relationship with Saturn (him).

If Venus isn’t another woman and should be my friends co-sig then the same analysis applies. Saturn is triplicity so he receives Venus by triplicity.

So all in all, I’m thinking yes, his mom does know about her and yes, she is blocking this union because of my gf’s race/ culture/ background. :( My other thing is he’s a coward, hiding there in the 12th, so he won’t be standing up to anyone anytime soon.

Ohhhhhh, 2020.

I welcome any additional insights you might have.

Thank you in advance,
WJ

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.44.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 1.45.00 PM.jpg

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Yes, the moon is the question, but symbolically it is also the mother figure.
So moon is approaching a conjunction with Uranus, co-ruler of him, and by the 10th house would indicate that this is the correct house to assign to the mother.
He and his mother together in her place.
At the same time however, the querent who is sun has just changed sign (state of mind) and is trine the other co-ruler of the descendent, from the 10th house. So they are together.
It's as though part of him belongs to her and part of him belongs to his mother!
The 12th of the querent is ruled by moon, so in fact the mother, moon, is her secret enemy.

WisdomJoy

Yes, the moon is the question, but symbolically it is also the mother figure.
So moon is approaching a conjunction with Uranus, co-ruler of him, and by the 10th house would indicate that this is the correct house to assign to the mother.
He and his mother together in her place.
At the same time however, the querent who is sun has just changed sign (state of mind) and is trine the other co-ruler of the descendent, from the 10th house. So they are together.
It's as though part of him belongs to her and part of him belongs to his mother!
The 12th of the querent is ruled by moon, so in fact the mother, moon, is her secret enemy.

Appreciate the help with this ElenaJ, she did recently change her mind towards him, which I think is why he's received by detriment (does that make sense?). She wants to be with him but can't be bothered anymore. I guess as the days go on, she's drifting apart emotionally.

A couple questions:

1. Who is Venus? Is it my gf's co-sig or can we assign it to some other chick he's dating?
2. The moon is strong, and so my gf and him won't get past this I'm assuming. The moon isn't going to let her in anytime soon. I think their relationship is officially over at this point with this new knowledge. He receives my friend really well, he's even sitting in her house by asteroid but his mom seems to be the stronger influence.
3. Yup I think he's torn about it, confused. The other thing is him and my friend barely got off the ground so it's even more confusing. Do you risk it and get deeper involved? I think his head is with his mom, and the expectations she has of him and his heart is with my friend. :( Sad outcome for them really, but he's hiding in the 12th so screams volume regarding his character.
4. For my knowledge, the approaching trine gf and him is movement between them?

ElenaJ

1). Venus rules 3rd house, the querent's thoughts, and the midheaven... the mother.
2) The moon is strong, but this doesn't necessarily mean it wins and is blocking. She is simply trying to stay by her son and influence him. At the same time, her son is connecting with the querent, so doing what he desires.
3) This is for the querent to decide. We can only point out what the situation is, the querent then will decide what action, if any, to take, or perhaps how to modify her behaviour or situation. It's her call. But he is with her, by trine.
4) the approaching trine yes is them coming together.

WisdomJoy

1). Venus rules 3rd house, the querent's thoughts, and the midheaven... the mother.
2) The moon is strong, but this doesn't necessarily mean it wins and is blocking. She is simply trying to stay by her son and influence him. At the same time, her son is connecting with the querent, so doing what he desires.
3) This is for the querent to decide. We can only point out what the situation is, the querent then will decide what action, if any, to take, or perhaps how to modify her behaviour or situation. It's her call. But he is with her, by trine.
4) the approaching trine yes is them coming together.

Okay, thanks- she'll likely continue to work on herself. If he wants to connect with her, he knows where to find her. She's pissed though, they had this conversation before they even started dating, so he lied or left out the truth by omission.

Since the question is specifically about blocking the union, and its sitting right there on his mind, can't we make that statement that yes, she is blocking the union? The moon is also separating from square to him, doesn't that reinforce the blocking?

ElenaJ

"so he lied or left out the truth by omission."

He's a man, many men don't realise the manipulation they receive from their mothers.

"Since the question is specifically about blocking the union, and its sitting right there on his mind, can't we make that statement that yes, she is blocking the union?"

She is trying to keep him with her and influence him. But influence is one thing blocking is another. And the querent and quested significators coming together show that regardless he will go with the querent. She would be the stereotype interfering mother-in-law.

WisdomJoy

"so he lied or left out the truth by omission."

He's a man, many men don't realise the manipulation they receive from their mothers.

"Since the question is specifically about blocking the union, and its sitting right there on his mind, can't we make that statement that yes, she is blocking the union?"

She is trying to keep him with her and influence him. But influence is one thing blocking is another. And the querent and quested significators coming together show that regardless he will go with the querent. She would be the stereotype interfering mother-in-law.

I agree with both of these points. What concerns me is that the question was essentially around my friends background, culture and race. She wouldn't necessarily intervene with another girl like this. Also, secret enemy is not a good thing to have in a mother in law. Especially with a man who is seems to be torn between the two.

Either way, I will keep you posted on how things play out with them.

Also, he is venus in the original chart, he reached out to her this week. Venus and mars are due for a fight coming up shortly. I asked her how the convo went and she said lacklustre. I'm thinking that was possibly the square of it's venus turning retro.