Question about TOL

HeartTree

I’m wondering is it TOL when translating planet is inside at 7th house. It’s relationship question. I find it interesting and would like to hear opinion of someone more experienced.

greybeard

For translation to occur, the swiftest of three planets must contact first one then the other without intervening aspects.

What do you mean by "inside at the 7th house"?

HeartTree

2lcwf3t.jpg

Well this is the chart. It seems like a TOL to me if I don’t again miss something. As it is relationship question I’m wondering what Mercury represents here. Another person? 7th house ruler likes Mercury too. So how this can be TOL if it is?

IleneK

Premium Member
Is this platform for learning :) ?

Yes, it is.

So may I inquire, what is your response to Greybeard's question: What do you mean by "inside at the 7th house"?

And what do you observe about TOL when you apply Greybeard's comments to the chart: "For translation to occur, the swiftest of three planets must contact first one then the other without intervening aspects."?

By that I am asking you to determine, which is the swiftest of the three planets?

And then, does it contact first one and then the other of the three planets without intervening aspects?

By your considering and answering these questions, you make this a learning platform.

Wishing you the very best on your learning journey,

HeartTree

Heart tree, this is the same chart regarding TOL i answered you on your other thread.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126214

So you've just totally dismissed everything i told you about the TOL, and opened another thread about it concerning the same chart.

No I didn’t. As usual in this platform no one answered my actual question or returned to answer mine or their own follow-up questions. I decided to ask this technical part of my question from here where it belongs. (See my first post.) And I did answer your question in that other thread:) Also Mercury will reach Mars before Saturn even they are then at the same degree but minutes counts won’t they.

Last edited:

HeartTree

Yes, it is.

So may I inquire, what is your response to Greybeard's question: What do you mean by "inside at the 7th house"?

And what do you observe about TOL when you apply Greybeard's comments to the chart: "For translation to occur, the swiftest of three planets must contact first one then the other without intervening aspects."?

By that I am asking you to determine, which is the swiftest of the three planets?

And then, does it contact first one and then the other of the three planets without intervening aspects?

By your considering and answering these questions, you make this a learning platform.

Wishing you the very best on your learning journey,

Well I thought the chart was my answer where Greybeard can see that Mercury is inside 7th house. And what I have learned so far in relationships questions planet inside 7th or 1st is indicator of 3th person/love interest.

What I can see Mercury is fastest planet and will translate light from Venus to Mars. As Chrysalis point to me before they will be at the same degree as Saturn when it happens but aspect will be exact about 13 is so minutes before they meet Saturn. Can’t remember anymore precisely. So my opinion is this is TOL and that’s why I posted this inquiry here..to confirm it. As I’m wondering how Mercury, being 3th person (love interest maybe?) of 7th ruler (and he likes Mercury) be the one who is bringing these parties together?

Last edited:

Chrysalis

No I didn’t. As usual in this platform no one answered my actual question or return to answer follow-up questions. I decided to ask this technical part of my question from here where it belongs. And I did answer your question in that other thread:) Also Mercury will reach Mars before Saturn even they are then at the same degree but minutes counts won’t they.

We all have other things going on in our lives, (well i do anyway), so if no follow up question was answered, this is why.

Like i said in your other thread regarding the same thing....mercury when reaches the perfection aspect with mars, saturn is in the way having just gone retrograde, mars/saturn/mercury are all in close (by degree) proximity. Saturn has an effect on this merc/mars sextile. Merc/mars/saturn are all within 1 degree of each other at this point, which i read as a partile aspect/s.

You only bothered about mercury doing this supposed TOL as you think mercury is representing "another person" what house does mercury rule ? It rules his 3rd where mars sits, 3rd is communication. Mercury is not no-one else.

HeartTree

Okay thank you :) I understand people will be busy time to time. So you are thinking Saturn will has it effect anyway being so close. I can respect that view. But I person hope minutes would count here. And you are thinking Mercury is co-ruler of his 3th or maybe you are using wholesings? I was thinking Mercury is ruler of 12th and therefore being someone hidden from me.

greybeard

Moon is at 8 Pisces. Uranus is in 3 Taurus; Sun od in 9 Taurus. So Moon is in sextile to these two planets.

She has already contacted Uranus and will next sextile Sun. No other planet interferes before this can occur.

Thus Moon translates light from Uranus to Sun.

Mercury in 7th.....???

greybeard

Moon is at 8 Pisces. Uranus is in 3 Taurus; Sun is in 9 Taurus. So Moon is in sextile to these two planets.

She has already contacted Uranus and will next sextile Sun. No other planet interferes before this can occur.

Mercury in 7th.....???

If this is relationship question (7th house), then Venus is querent, Mars quesited, and they are in applying sextile...YES.

Mercury forces the conjunction with Venus before she can complete the aspect to Mars. Mercury is a third person.

HeartTree

Moon is at 8 Pisces. Uranus is in 3 Taurus; Sun is in 9 Taurus. So Moon is in sextile to these two planets.

Mercury in 7th.....???

If this is relationship question (7th house), then Venus is querent, Mars quesited, and they are in applying sextile...YES.

Mercury forces the conjunction with Venus before she can complete the aspect to Mars. Mercury is a third person.

Thank you! Now I’m confused. Is it yes or no? It’s a 7th house question, will they end up together. Mercury is inside 7th house is what I tried to say and in my opinion is another person. Mercury is making sextile with Mars not Venus? Who is Uranus? I thought it is not used as it is outer planet?

greybeard

STOP!

Do you understand what translation is?

OK... Now I see what your question is.

Yes, Mercury translates the light of Venus to Mars. But the translation is unnecessary; Venus sextiles Mars on her own. In either case the answer is yes. But it doesn't end well.

I don't recommend third-party horaries. We need more background on the question; what is your interest in the affair?

HeartTree

OK... Now I see what your question is.

Yes, Mercury translates the light of Venus to Mars. But the translation is unnecessary; Venus sextiles Mars on her own. In either case the answer is yes. But it doesn't end well.

I don't recommend third-party horaries. We need more background on the question; what is your interest in the affair?
I answered you from work previously, I had quite a day running around arranging one festival, I think I misread something but I anyway I know how translation works.

Well I’m the querent here. He is my friend. There is amazing connection between us. We could just talk hours and days. I would like to take next step but I’m feeling anxious that I have misread his intentions. In previous situations with men I have has poor judgement and I don’t want to make a fool of myself. What is pointing to a bad ending here?

Last edited:

greybeard

4th house of "final endings" contains conjunction Saturn-Pluto square querent.

In matters of love they say "Everybody plays the fool." Could it be?

"Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

Last edited:

HeartTree

4th house of "final endings" contains conjunction Saturn-Pluto square querent.

In matters of love they say "Everybody plays the fool." Could it be?

"Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
That’s right :) when it goes beyond just dreaming about love :)