Natal Sun and Pluto Connection

InMyHands

In my natal chart, I have the Sun and Pluto in Sagittarius, both in the 11th house, in conjunction to each other. How would you interpret this? Is there a name for this kind of connection?

waybread

I don't think there's a special name other than conjunction. (Trads concerned about combustion wouldn't use Pluto, anyway.)

In modern astrology a planet conjunct your sun says something about what you identify with, because the sun indicates your sense of identity. Pluto deals with personal power, and ideally, with self-transformation, vs. power struggles with other people.

Pluto moves so slowly that everyone of your generation will have Pluto in Sagittarius. With your sun in the 11th house, you may be very focused on your friends and groups you belong to. The 11th also rules hopes and wishes for the future.

InMyHands

I don't think there's a special name other than conjunction. (Trads concerned about combustion wouldn't use Pluto, anyway.)

In modern astrology a planet conjunct your sun says something about what you identify with, because the sun indicates your sense of identity. Pluto deals with personal power, and ideally, with self-transformation, vs. power struggles with other people.

Pluto moves so slowly that everyone of your generation will have Pluto in Sagittarius. With your sun in the 11th house, you may be very focused on your friends and groups you belong to. The 11th also rules hopes and wishes for the future.

I just wanted to know if there was any significance with them both being in the same house and in conjunction.

conspiracy theorist

For starters, the combination of your Sun-Pluto conjunction is under the influence of Jupiter, and your Sun is also conjunct the fixed star Antares. What is your Jupiter doing in your chart?

Notwithstanding the problems you have with the previous poster, the clue to how the conjunction works is in what the two planets mean separately in the house - although the conjunction might be said to be more than the sum of its parts.

So some ways that your conjunction might manifest could be - the involvement with groups that deal with the hidden, occult, or out-of-the-norm, having powerful benefactors, an interest in mass psychology and the influence that could be gained through the manipulation of people's base drives and desires, interest in propogandistic studies, involvement with multinationals, an interest in occult symbology and the effect it might have on mass scale, allegiance to ideological camps who believe in large scale structural change at the root/grass roots level, making acquaintances with people who are always trying to self-overcome and exceed their boundaries, an interest in philosophical/religious studies that involve the process of transformation and constant whittling away of the superfluous (the alchemists with their "coagula et solve", Buddhist practices that teach detachment from deep rooted desires etc), engaging in power struggles at the level of group vs. group scale, and some others.

Without more data to go by, these are some broad brush ways that such a planetary configuration may manifest. The link between Antares may ramp up the tendency to get into power struggles that such a config is said to bestow.

Last edited:

InMyHands

For starters, the combination of your Sun-Pluto conjunction is under the influence of Jupiter, and your Sun is also conjunct the fixed star Antares. What is your Jupiter doing in your chart?

Notwithstanding the problems you have with the previous poster, the clue to how the conjunction works is in what the two planets mean separately in the house - although the conjunction might be said to be more than the sum of its parts.

So some ways that your conjunction might manifest could be - the involvement with groups that deal with the hidden, occult, or out-of-the-norm, having powerful benefactors, an interest in mass psychology and the influence that could be gained through the manipulation of people's base drives and desires, interest in propogandistic studies, involvement with multinationals, an interest in occult symbology and the effect it might have on mass scale, allegiance to ideological camps who believe in large scale structural change at the root/grass roots level, making acquaintances with people who are always trying to self-overcome and exceed their boundaries, an interest in philosophical/religious studies that involve the process of transformation and constant whittling away of the superfluous (the alchemists with their "coagula et solve", Buddhist practices that teach detachment from deep rooted desires etc), engaging in power struggles at the level of group vs. group scale, and some others.

Without more data to go by, these are some broad brush ways that such a planetary configuration may manifest. The link between Antares may ramp up the tendency to get into power struggles that such a config is said to bestow.

Thanks! I will have to show you more this afternoon when I am able to access the Internet from home. All I can tell you right now is that I have Jupiter in Aquarius. Some websites I’ve used state in the 1st house and some state in the 2nd.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Thanks! I will have to show you more this afternoon when I am able to access the Internet from home. All I can tell you right now is that I have Jupiter in Aquarius. Some websites I’ve used state in the 1st house and some state in the 2nd.

Does any of it apply to your experience? You're at least 20 right? How do you think this applies to you?

I'd say with the linkage between Jupiter, Aquarius and the 1st/2nd house (edge of the first house, right?) a lot of the ideological significations that this combo might bring could more likely come to the fore. And the issue of benefactors/sponsors for your causes might be relevant, with the Sun/Pluto in the 11th being disposed by Jupiter in the 2nd.

InMyHands

Does any of it apply to your experience? You're at least 20 right? How do you think this applies to you?

I'd say with the linkage between Jupiter, Aquarius and the 1st/2nd house (edge of the first house, right?) a lot of the ideological significations that this combo might bring could more likely come to the fore. And the issue of benefactors/sponsors for your causes might be relevant, with the Sun/Pluto in the 11th being disposed by Jupiter in the 2nd.

I think some of it does. I am 20 years old right now. Here is my chart.

rh8eMh4.png

Last edited: