Is Pluto an astrological planet?

JUPITERASC

size does not matter same influence

another%20solar%20system%20photo.jpg

waybread

JA, you've been posting all of your Pluto jokes on your own interminable thread. Please stick to the topic in this thread, which is whether Pluto is an astrological planet. The hands-down answer is that Pluto is an astrological planet in modern western astrology.

Maybe someone has something new to say that wasn't covered in the previous 37 pages of this thread.

JUPITERASC

JA, you've been posting all of your Pluto jokes on your own interminable thread. Please stick to the topic in this thread, which is whether Pluto is an astrological planet. The hands-down answer is that Pluto is an astrological planet in modern western astrology.

Maybe someone has something new to say that wasn't covered in the previous 37 pages of this thread.
To be clear then WB
the fact is that dwarf planet pluto IS an astrological planet TO SOME modern astrologers
but NOT ALL modern astrologers
i.e.
not all modern astrologers classify dwarf planet pluto as an astrological planet

AND

so far as tradtional astrology is concerned
dwarf planet pluto IS NOT an astrological planet
:smile:

unique_astrology

Don't, Bob. Granted, Lauren felt the need to post and post and post yesterday (more deleted than remain, thankfully), but perhaps the rest of us can act like grown-ups and let this unfortunate thread finally die?

You are preaching to the choir.

Who began this "unfortunate thread"?

My posts from 3 months and about 100 posts by others ago:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=632192&postcount=912

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=631481&postcount=837

From the last link: "I suggest we let them live with their belief and have no further correspondence with them over the matter. I believe we have better investments to make with our time and energy. If they post in disagreement in a thread because of the use of Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto, ignore them, do not respond, but carry on with your original theme. Without their arguments over the outers they have very little involvement in the forum. It does not appear that the back and forth regarding the matter has changed anyone's position on Pluto's designation."

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

You are preaching to the choir.

Who began

this "unfortunate thread
"

OP formed part of another thread but comments were moved by a moderator

the moderator formed a new thread with those truncated comments and then
the moderator chose the title for this thread :smile:

i.e.
the title "Is Pluto an astrological planet?"
is a title that the moderator chose

unique_astrology

Who began this "unfortunate thread"?

This thread was begun because of a post by JUPITERASC in another thread.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=590022&postcount=68

This thread was started because JA posted comments about Pluto not being a planet on a thread that was asking for an astrological interpretation. Since JA's postings had nothing to do with interpreting the OP's chart, I moved them to a new thread.

Tim

To be honest, without making a count (I might), JUPITERASC might be second to Waybread in number of posts in this thread (now I have to make a count) but does have a streak of 8 consecutive posts in it, several of 4 in a row, some of 3, and many of 2, as well as many singular posts.

Last edited:

muchacho

To be honest, without making a count (I might), JUPITERASC might be second to Waybread in number of posts in this thread (now I have to make a count) but does have a streak of 8 consecutive posts in it, several of 4 in a row, some of 3, and many of 2, as well as many singular posts.

You don't actually have to count, just click at the post count number next to the thread title in the sub forum and you'll see the statistics in a new "Who Posted?" window for this thread:

JUPITERASC 252
waybread 139
Dirius 82
Oddity 80
muchacho 68
lauren2x 45
StillOne 36
emily23 28
ALRESCHA 27
unique_astrology 23
graay ghost 19
Caprising 16
Kaiousei no Senshi 14
Zonark 14
Cactus 10
Bunraku 10
tikana 8
tsmall 8
urano 7
Vista 7
CapAquaPis 5
piercethevale 4
dhundhun 4
sasa62 3
wilsontc 3
Carlos23 3
diamondbaby 2
Osamenor 2
Phoenix Venus 2
Nick Buonaiuto 2
Pianoasis 2
alliewar 2
conspiracy theorist 1
Blaze 1
GemaaaSpirit 1
sethi 1
theV 1
AppLeo 1
Sweet Pea 1
Cap 1
Ernesto 1

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Furthermore, dwarf planet pluto does not feature on any TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES :smile:

by the way
originally the following comments formed part of another thread
but were moved here by a moderator who then titled this thread
"Is Pluto an astrological planet?"

Regarding pluto, latest news is that the jury is still out :smile:
that's because of
the definition of the word 'planet'

WHY PLUTO IS NO LONGER A PLANET
http://www.universetoday.com/13573/why-pluto-is-no-longer-a-planet/

sun-etc.jpg

Furthermore, dwarf planet pluto does not feature on any TABLE OF ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES :smile:

GregoryRozek-astrological-tables-01.png

waybread

Very impressive post count! So far JA has over 2x as many posts as I do. I'm retired, and can spend my time however I want.

The table of essential dignities, constructed in ancient times, of course does not include that modern outers. Today there would be no way to shoehorn them in.

Which is why the traditional western astrologers and the hybrid traditional+modern astrologers treat the modern outers as a separate class of astrological planets. They work just fine, but not within a system of essential dignities.

Incidentally there were at least two ancient tables (Babylonian and Egyptian) which are different. Modern tables consequently are not identical. The table posted above is different than this one at Skyscript. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html You might pick up some dignity in one table but not the other.

Nobody even knows what the varying degree widths of the terms were based on.

Go figure.