Sun-Moon conjunction, best aspect in synastry?

Vagabondgirl

Ive read many places that this is the best marriage or synastry aspect between 2 people. Is this true? Any experience?

Any other important aspects for compatibility between 2 people in general? Or own experience with this?

Tamara

this aspect is really good and helpfull in sinastry, but you must also look what aspects they make in natals. e.g if a person has moon square saturn so another person`s sun will be also squared by that saturn etc...
for marriage potential you must look for aspects of 1st, 7th house and their rulers.

Sylvia Sky

Yes, it is definitely a marriage aspect, but it is best if it is HIS sun and HER moon. In in a typical couples relationship, HER sun conjunct HIS moon will tend to create power issues, not at first, but as the marriage proceeds. The couple can grow apart very quickly. Address this when you see this aspect.

Tamara

Yes, it is definitely a marriage aspect
i wouldn`t say that it is "definitely marriage aspect". there are a lot of marriages without this aspect..not every relationship with this aspect ends up with marriage. though it`s very good for basic harmony!

Sylvia Sky

i wouldn`t say that it is "definitely marriage aspect". there are a lot of marriages without this aspect..not every relationship with this aspect ends up with marriage. though it`s very good for basic harmony!

I didn't say Sun conjunct Moon was a "definite marriage aspect." I said it was "definitely a marriage aspect," meaning this aspect, among others, is often seen in marriages, as many textbooks will tell you.

inconjunction

I love this aspect. Everytime I see this in a couples synastry I smile and get warm inside. I have this with my partner. We really do get along with each other, and really like each other. Its hard to explain how I feel but we really get along great. (But I also attibute this to our Venus-Venus tight trine and Mars-Mars trine too, so its probably a combination of that too:wink:.?) There are a lot of relationships out there that require so much 'work' but ours its actually very easy (of course we have our tiffs:pouty:), and I think Sun-Moon conjunction in synastry there isn't much 'work' because I think they just *get* each other.

Tamara

I didn't say Sun conjunct Moon was a "definite marriage aspect." I said it was "definitely a marriage aspect," meaning this aspect, among others, is often seen in marriages, as many textbooks will tell you.

i wrote "definitely" and not "definite".
in my previus relationships i had it and really didn`t feel good about it(but i think it was due to hard saturn aspect). in next relationship we had this aspect in composite and felt much better. none of the relationships ened up in marriage.
but this aspect is really very often seen in marriage couples` sinastries.

Tamara

i wrote "definitely" and not "definite".
in my previus relationships i had it and really didn`t feel good about it(but i think it was due to hard saturn aspect). in next relationship we had this aspect in composite and felt much better. none of the relationships ened up in marriage.
but this aspect is really very often seen in marriage couples` sinastries.

Baha

Hi,

I have this with someone, both ways. His sun conjunct my moon, my moon conjunct his sun. His mars conjunct my venus, and a few others like that.

What I noticed, and what made me reply to this thread is that when I tallied up the midpoints using the astro.com calculator, the points matched up with the composite.

It's all math :annoyed: because we are dealing with angles.

Now, having said that, why is is important to find the midpoints in the composite chart as well?? I understand the composite is the "Natal of the relationship" so to speak, but isn't it a bit over-kill??

BTW: Sun/moon and Moon/sun conjunctions are indeed wonderful. But there's a lot more to consider. Have a look at Vertex.

Also, I pay a lot of attention to houses in synastry. For me, they are really informative.

Mimi

What do you think about situation when his Sun conjunct Mars, conjunct her Moon conjunct Venus? All planets in Capricorn.

Brea

What about her moon conjunct his descendant and his sun? 5 orb?his 7th house ruler neptune is conjunct my 7th house ruler uranus my uranus square his venus(his 9th ruler) and square his jupiter (his 5th ruler) and his neptune (7th) sextile my pluto(4th house ruler), mars (4th) and square my venus(10th)?
now what would THAT spell?

Last edited:

Gorgina

I'm still new to astrology, but Moon/Sun or Moon/Moon conjunction as a positive (or even the most positive) aspect in synastry doesn't apply to me.

I have Moon as ASC ruler at end of Leo in 4th, conjunct IC, conjunct Virgo Jupiter out of sign, sextile retrograde 12th house Mercury in Gemini, trine Saturn, square Neptune.

I don't feel attracted to Leos in any way and I don't feel comfortable with them. I also in general don't get well along with fire signs and air signs let me cold (I like to talk with them, but not more).
I like water and earth signs instead (best when a person has both or much water + much Saturn). As odd as it is, I prefer in synastry squares to my Moon above conjunctions. Tauruses and Scorpions are both stubborn, but I have enough patience to deal with that; Scorpios additionally make big drama sometimes, but at least I can usually understand what is going on in their head. Leo drama just for the show and their arrogance drives me nuts..and they are way too extroverted, way too social and way too loud, too. (I got also 8 planets bellow horizon, my most elevated planet is Saturn and the 2nd planet above horizon is retrograde Mercury in 12th. All my planets but Saturn are either in water signs or in water houses).

Other way around it works.
I have ASC/Sun/Venus/Mars conjunction in Cancer in 1st sextile Jupiter in Virgo in 4th. I like my fellow Cancers and get quite well along with them, it doesn't matter, if they got a Cancer Moon or Sun or any other personal planet conjunct my stellium (at least as long they don't have also an aggressive Mars in Aries or something similar or too much Uranus).

It seems, whom I like has nothing to do with my Moon sign, but very much with my stellium in Cancer, DSC in Capricorn and my Moon aspects.
I checked the charts of all people, who have ever been close to me and of all my family members. Thy show all the same pattern: much water and/or much earth, very often much Saturn, often Pluto and no personal planets in fire. When I check the charts of people, I dislike, they always have much fire.

Izzy542

I'm still new to astrology, but Moon/Sun or Moon/Moon conjunction as a positive (or even the most positive) aspect in synastry doesn't apply to me.

I have Moon as ASC ruler at end of Leo in 4th, conjunct IC, conjunct Virgo Jupiter out of sign, sextile retrograde 12th house Mercury in Gemini, trine Saturn, square Neptune.

I don't feel attracted to Leos in any way and I don't feel comfortable with them. I also in general don't get well along with fire signs and air signs let me cold (I like to talk with them, but not more).
I like water and earth signs instead (best when a person has both or much water + much Saturn). As odd as it is, I prefer in synastry squares to my Moon above conjunctions. Tauruses and Scorpions are both stubborn, but I have enough patience to deal with that; Scorpios additionally make big drama sometimes, but at least I can usually understand what is going on in their head. Leo drama just for the show and their arrogance drives me nuts..and they are way too extroverted, way too social and way too loud, too. (I got also 8 planets bellow horizon, my most elevated planet is Saturn and the 2nd planet above horizon is retrograde Mercury in 12th. All my planets but Saturn are either in water signs or in water houses).

Other way around it works.
I have ASC/Sun/Venus/Mars conjunction in Cancer in 1st sextile Jupiter in Virgo in 4th. I like my fellow Cancers and get quite well along with them, it doesn't matter, if they got a Cancer Moon or Sun or any other personal planet conjunct my stellium (at least as long they don't have also an aggressive Mars in Aries or something similar or too much Uranus).

It seems, whom I like has nothing to do with my Moon sign, but very much with my stellium in Cancer, DSC in Capricorn and my Moon aspects.
I checked the charts of all people, who have ever been close to me and of all my family members. Thy show all the same pattern: much water and/or much earth, very often much Saturn, often Pluto and no personal planets in fire. When I check the charts of people, I dislike, they always have much fire.

Very interesting! I feel very similar and you are the first that discribes it almost like me but in the oppossite manner, which is even more interesting.I am a Leo with Asc cancer and moon in Aries,who goes along great mostly with Leos and cansers and Aries with Virgo Asc and With aquarius moon. And have a serious dislike- from both sides- Scorpio,Sagitarius,Capricorn, no matter where, the more planets someone has in this 3 signs the more untollernt of them I get.Is anywhere hear your natal chart to look?

Last edited:

Gorgina

Very interesting! I feel very similar and you are the first that discribes it almost like me but in the oppossite manner, which is even more interesting.I am a Leo with Asc cancer and moon in Aries,who goes along great mostly with Leos and cansers and Aries with Virgo Asc and With aquarius moon. And have a serious dislike- from both sides- Scorpio,Sagitarius,Capricorn, no matter where, the more planets someone has in this 3 signs the more untollernt of them I get.Is anywhere hear your natal chart to look?

Here is my chart, if you want to look at it.
- I have most problems with Aries, their aggressive behavior antagonizes me earlier or later.
- Sagittarius appears strange to me; I don't connect with them.
- I still find Leo best of the 3 fire signs, but they annoy me in the long run. I'm very private and secretive person while they love to show off.

Attachments

• natal chart.gif
    natal chart.gif
    47.5 KB · Views: 67

Horus

My friend's marriage is also ending. It's final; they're getting a divorce :pinched:
They have sun moon conjuction 1 degree orb AND venus conjuct mars 2 degrees orb in synastry.

I'm starting to believe synastry does not count. :andy:
It's more about how balanced, mature and honest each person is and how balanced and supported they feel in the relationship.

Those are powerful aspects which brought them together and started a marriage in the first place -that counts for something!

And what else was going on in that synastry and in the composite chart? Any of the dealbreaker squares like Venus square Saturn? And transits -did transiting Saturn enter one or both person's 7th house or square or conjunct their Venuses?

Regardless of possible separative influences as factors (which are worth looking into), it should be understood that no interaspect guarantees a lifelong union. Buddha's great insight about the transient nature of all things pertains to this and everything else. All things must change or end, one way or another, sooner or later.

Horus

Here is my chart, if you want to look at it.
- I have most problems with Aries, their aggressive behavior antagonizes me earlier or later.
- Sagittarius appears strange to me; I don't connect with them.
- I still find Leo best of the 3 fire signs, but they annoy me in the long run. I'm very private and secretive person while they love to show off.

Small wonder you don't like Aries because it squares your Cancer stellium creating all kinds of conflict! Not only that, but your main karma (Saturn) and wounds (Chiron) are also sensitive points which wouldn't necessarily like to be touched by someone's Aries planets in synastry.

Yet, with an Aries North Node, that's the direction your soul wants to go, to develop positive Arian traits. Interestingly, the ruler of your 7th relationship house is Saturn in Aries! A positive Arian type (with the lovely possibility of trining your Moon) could pose as a good role model/example to follow which would support both your Karmic work, and your Dharmic path. Yes, such would likely pose conflicts with Cancer and poke the Chiron wounds but all that is actually good stuff which creates opportunities for growth, keeps the relationship vital as you learn grow and deal with the shadow through the mirror of the Other. An Aries often has planets (like Merc or Venus) in neighboring signs, and if they were in Pisces, they would make helpful trines with your Cancer planets too, so I wouldn't write them off! :smile:

NilaNin

I have this with someone in his 12th house, my sun conjuncts his mars and moon, and they conjunct my sun and mercury on the cusp of my eighth house. look at the composite and davision, I have a good synastry with him but a horrible composite and davison. It killed the good synastry. And what further defines where you stand in his life is the house positions, where your planets fall, his fifth seventh and eighth or first house would mean something, compare the davision to his natal and where the planets of the davison fall in his natal chart, will show what you mean to him.

dsr11

i am new to astrology, but in my limited experience i feel that it may work well for some signs and may not work for some signs. for example, i am a taurus with scorpio moon and my husband is a taurus with taurus moon. his moon conjuncts my sun very tightly at 0.21'. venus is in aries for both of us, while my mars is also in aries and his mars is in pisces. there is no aspect between venus and mars though. we get along really well. i always felt that its not easy to handle me, but he does it quite happily :biggrin: . we have been together for 11 yrs and still going strong. there is definitely a strong feeling of belonging. did i say that both our ascendants are in cancer?

on the other hand, i don't get along well with scorpio sun people generally speaking. it has happened too many times to ignore. even if i want to be on friendly terms with them, i usually end up hating them, even if secretly (hate is a big word but i do feel that kind of intensity):andy:. i probably hate the scorpio moon in myself, which i don't want to see in people i interact with. i don't know what it is, but thats how i feel?! i don't know more details about them to determine the exact reason behind this. i get along well enough with other fixed signs. i have a wonderful relationship with my leo father and my aquarius brother annoys me with his arguments but still we aren't too bad.

so probably sun-moon conjunction doesn't always have a harmonious effect on relationships, romantic or otherwise. i think, sun person, being the bigger luminary, probably dominates the moon person, and the moon person merges his/her identity with the sun person. it probably depends on the sun signs of the individuals involved, to determine if they are willing to take on these roles happily or will there be a resentment/conflict at some point of time.

Last edited: