Moon Placement And Weight Gain

DoubleLibra

I've always wondered why I'm not like a lot of Libra's that I know that tend to be curvy but not 20lbs overweight. I love food and all the rich .. bad for you type food :( I was talking to someone yesterday that mentioned her daughter was a Capricorn and just looking at food makes her gain weight. My natal Moon is in Capricorn.

Can someone share some insight on this for me?

Thank You :eek:

LisaNatalChart.gif

DoubleLibra

Hi Jagetoile, So my Moon in Cap squaring Saturn, this could be the cause of over-eating? It's not that I'm 300lbs :rolleyes: but I've always suffered with over-eating and weight gain. I've never been at my "normal" weight for long and only with extreme dieting.

When a friend mentioned about her daughter being a Capricorn and gaining weight easily it made me take a look at my own chart. Do you see anything else in my chart that could be causing an eating disorder?

cossie

Hi Double Libra,
This is interesting.
I would have thought that your venus/Jupiter conjunction would give you the desire to overeat or at the very least enjoy your food. Also possibly Mars in Sagittarius would contribute to your wanting to 'live the good life' so to speak.Librans do often tend to have a sweet tooth and like rich food.
Do you think this is an eating disorder which you have or are you like so many people who just gain weight easily but find it hard to lose it.
In my opinion planets in Capricorn dont normally contribute towards weight gain unless possibly, as Jagetoile pointed out, it is in an aspect pattern which can be linked to an eating disorder.

DoubleLibra

Hi Cossie, it's bordered on the verge of being an out of control over-eating disorder at times. Especially in the winter, it seems like I binge more. The weight drops off of me even just cutting back a little, but I've never have had the motivation to stay on a diet for more than a couple weeks. Interesting about the Venus/Jupiter conjunct. I didn't realize that could contribute to overeating. So it sounds like that and a combo of my Libra and Mars (Sag) :rolleyes:

DoubleLibra

Jag, Thank you for your insight ...

"Do you think that you drink or eat a lot when you sense insecure inside? emtions while eating are very important to you, you should eat in a nice, cozy and pleasant atmosphere. once again i think to solve the eating puzzles you should look into your psychological aspect. beside, avoid eating too fast when you have disharmonic Uranus in virgo."

Yes most definitely it's psychological. I eat for comfort but then end up feeling worse afterwards :( I've always ate way too fast! :rolleyes: I've tried to mentally stop myself but I've found it's something I struggle with almost like shoveling it in .. hence over-eating.

Yeah I would probably go with the Venus/Jupiter aspect because Venus rules your ascendant of the physical body and so may contribute to you overeating and putting on a few pounds.

I have Venus opposed Jupiter I love to eat, But I have more controlling factors around my body like Saturn Conjunct Asc in Virgo, I am very self conscious about my body more so in my teenage years. I also have Venus square Pluto which caused me at one time to control my food/control also with my Saturn in Virgo/1st I had a very controlled diet.

Although now I have put on more weight and this may be due to my transiting Saturn in the 12th, when I have my Saturn return hopefully I will lose it all again.

But yes Venus/Jupiter makes me overeat but it may be stronger for you having Venus the ruler of your 1st house/physical body. But you also have some controlling factors too Saturn/Moon and Saturn in 6th.

Just been thinking Cameron Diaz has Jupiter in the 1st house in Sagitarius and she isn't heavy. Maybe she has other strong control placements. I will have to look at her chart, but I am no expert on medical factors in the birth chart.

Just looked at Cameron Diaz's Chart and she has mostly Capricorn Ascendant/Saturn in the 6th house. Sun in Virgo/Mars in Virgo and the Jupiter Conjunct her Ascendant is squared by Pluto. So she has a lot of controlling factors which may offset the Jupiter in 1st for weight gain.

DoubleLibra

Hi Shining Ray, I sure wish I had more of those controlling factors in my chart Lol I do like to indulge in all areas of my life not just eating :rolleyes:

As you can probably tell from my posts I'm still learning aspects. Thanks for your insight :)

And P.S. I like your pic :D

Frisiangal

Double Libra :I sure wish I had more of those controlling factors in my chart

You do! It's Saturn in the 6th house of physical complaints opposing natal Sun;). The problem is that both Jupiter and Saturn are fighting it out through square and sesquiquadrate aspect with Neptune, modern ruler of Pisces on your 6th house cusp. Jupiter is also the traditional ruler of Pisces. You could just as easily have a tendancy to whither away, depending upon which is stronger. Jupiter literally knows no bounds, whilst Saturn is saying, 'Hold on a minute; do you really want to give in to every desire that beckons (Aries!)?" But Saturn is retrograde and doesn't make any aspect to Mercury, so you may not hear and listen to your inner voice too well, which then creates the ' inner pain' of Chiron in 6th ( Mercury ssq Chiron), that you aren't....but could be...sylph-like.:)

Power of will is in the Sun. There is no aspect between Jupiter-Venus (ruler Asc.) and Sun, so you don't indulge yourself because you actually want to and enjoy doing so. The aspect is between Sun and Saturn. If there has been no controlling authority factor (Saturn) in one's life, it's difficult to learn self (Sun)- control. The power of will to do so has its job cut out for it. OR, if you are one who has never taken to authority(Saturn), being bossed about (Aries), having your freedom of expression (Sun rules 11th house) controlled, this could work 'psychologically' against you. "Hah! No one is going to control what I do/eat....not even myself." With natal Moon at the apex of the T-square Sun-Saturn-Moon, I agree with the comments that the eating pattern has emotional roots. the circumstances/events pertaining to the 4th/10th and 11th houses may be the reason for it.
Harsh Jupiter-Saturn aspects have correlations with mania/depression.

Incidentally,as a Capricorn Moon and a Sun-Jupiter square in the fixed signs, I have had a tendancy to put on weight over the years, mainly due to a lack of power of will. As a Taurean Sun and Venus in 9th, I LOVE the good life.:D My recent physical setback has made me think about the extra lbs. I am carrying around. I need to walk briskly daily (half-hour) and have changed my eating pattern; less bread, potatoes, and more veg. and fruit, yet not going without the now small piece of cake with tea, one biscuit with evening coffee and I still have the less-than-half-teaspoonful of sugar in hot drinks as I have an absolute apathy for saccharine/sweeteners resulting from sugar rationing after WW2. I've never liked sweet fizzy drinks, so sparkling water is fine. If the scales are true, I have lost 3lbs within a week! And THAT is the best incentive to carry on. I can reccommend it.:)

F.

I looked in my Astrology health book for Venus-Jupiter ruler of Ascendant and here is the description -
The biggest problem we have with Venus and Jupiter is one of excess and overindulgence. Even the hard aspects between these two planets do little to disturb the psychological or emotional well being of the person, other than to create a love of the good life and excessive feelings of entitlement that can result in greed and unrestrained behavior. A love of sweet and rich foods can be the biggest problem here, which can put tremendous strain on the liver. There may also be excessive glandular secretions and a reluctance to exercise. Obviously a sugary or high fat diet combined with a lack of exercise and a lazy approach will not do wonders for the body, and therefore anyone with these aspects needs to make a serious effort towards discipline and self restraint.

Lately I have been addicted to chocolate and this sounds terrible but I can't get through the morning without needing some chocolate to eat. And Tea I am addicted to having tea and I feel my body craving it if I don't have it, I can't rest or relax. I have Venus Opposed Jupiter and Venus Square Pluto so maybe I am prone to be addicted and overindulge in sweet foods. I have a lot of Pisces/Neptune too so I can get into addictive patterns - like relationships too. Addicted to the wrong type of unhealthy men.

Possibly with your Saturn in the 6th Double Libra you are learning how to manage your health and devise a healthy lifestlye.

Last edited:

cossie

Wow I never knew how alike Me and Cameron Diaz were!!! LOL
I am also Capricorn ascendant,saturn in 6th,sun in virgo and jupiter in first house.
I feel that my 1st house jupiter does occassionally give rise to overeating and indulgence,especially on sweet things eg chocolate (I have venus in libra too).But my Capricorn/saturn influence soon comes into play and 'keeps me in check' so I dont go too far.I also have a fast metabolism so I find that I can eat more than most people without gaining much weight and therefore lose weight quickly when I want to, and I put this down to saturn too.

Very good point you make Jag because my Venus is in the 5th house of children and when I was pregnant I had my sugar level looked at and it was higher than it should have been. So for a week before I had to go back to the doctors I reduced my sugar intake and I was eating healthier. I went back the doctor's and I was back to normal.

I thought I had a blood sugar level problem once because I went through a phase of lack of energy and so on. I even bought a diabetes book convinced I had it. It all turned out fine. But I do believe I am prone to high sugar levels in my body. I have sweeteners in my tea, so I don't put sugar in. My weakness is Chocolate.