natal chart with intercepted houses

Cardener

Hello,

I am interested in intercepted houses, but I do researchs in Google and I hardly find any explanation. I have Aquarius intercepted in my 1st house and Uranus in Leo intercepted in my 7th house. What does it mean to have an intercepted house? Does it mean that the intercepted sign has a difficult outlet to its energy? Also, in my case both the sign and the ruler are intercepted. Can someone help me with this case?

Thank you a lot:happy:
Cardener

Here is my natal chart

Attachments

• astro_ack_02_cardener_hp.66424.png
    astro_ack_02_cardener_hp.66424.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 65

Sanaqua

Hi,
I have read a lady sayin' a wonderful thing about intercepted signs and planets, in another forum, as "struggling to be recognised".. I think it can best describe the interception.

Sanaqua.

eedwards

Yes...difficult outlet is a good way of expressing intercepted signs, (in your case the signs of Aquarius and Leo are intercepted...not the houses). Intercepted signs show blockages or areas where you may literally feel "stuck."

In your case you have Aquarius intercepted in the 1st house and Leo intercepted in the 7th house. Think about the qualities of these signs and their placement in the houses and then apply it to your life.

Aquarius can represent originality, humanitarianism, progress. It can also represent extremism among other things. Since these traits are intercepted in your 1st house, (you, your outlook and personality), think about how this applies. Do you have difficulties expressing your creativity or originality to the world? Do you unintentionally come across as extreme...possibly in political type situations when expressing your views?

Leo wants to be the center of attention. Leo can represent loyalty, idealism or even dominance and arrogance. Since Leo is intercepted in your 7th house of relationships you would try to see how this applies.

Hello,

I am interested in intercepted houses, but I do researchs in Google and I hardly find any explanation. I have Aquarius intercepted in my 1st house and Uranus in Leo intercepted in my 7th house. What does it mean to have an intercepted house? Does it mean that the intercepted sign has a difficult outlet to its energy? Also, in my case both the sign and the ruler are intercepted. Can someone help me with this case?

Thank you a lot:happy:
Cardener

Here is my natal chart

Flapjacks

Cardener,

Intercepted houses are tricky because they are entirely dependent on the house system. Usually Placidus shows intercepted houses. I don't know how much emphasis should be placed on them because of this. You might want to look at other house systems and see how they compare.

Usually the "blockage" that interceptions show can be seen in other places of the chart... and I see that in yours. You have Saturn in the 1st house in Capricorn, and Saturn in the first to me shows restricted self-expression especially near the asc, either from too much discipline in early life or a strong religious structure if Jupiter is around... and Jupiter is conjunct Saturn in your chart... its kinda even more so because it is a t-square point with Neptune and Venus, the softer, more "poetic" planets.

Yet intercepted 1st house would suggest a similar theme, a "blockage" of self-expression.

Then Mars is conjunct Uranus, which to me shows outbursts of energy that need an outlet, and can lead to accidents from reckless behavior. 7th house, this might be most evident in relationships with others, possibly even driving people away (or to you if they like that quality), or any situation where you are bound to another. Mars/Uranus intercepted in the 7th also would reflect a certain frustration in relationships, an inability the capture the function of the house naturally.

So is it the interception or these other "themes" (if I interpreted them correctly)? Maybe its a combination... I just know in my chart the intercepted signs' likely meaning shows up in other places, too, and there are no interceptions in any other house system but Placidus.

Cardener

Yes...difficult outlet is a good way of expressing intercepted signs, (in your case the signs of Aquarius and Leo are intercepted...not the houses). Intercepted signs show blockages or areas where you may literally feel "stuck."

In your case you have Aquarius intercepted in the 1st house and Leo intercepted in the 7th house. Think about the qualities of these signs and their placement in the houses and then apply it to your life.

Aquarius can represent originality, humanitarianism, progress. It can also represent extremism among other things. Since these traits are intercepted in your 1st house, (you, your outlook and personality), think about how this applies. Do you have difficulties expressing your creativity or originality to the world? Do you unintentionally come across as extreme...possibly in political type situations when expressing your views?

Leo wants to be the center of attention. Leo can represent loyalty, idealism or even dominance and arrogance. Since Leo is intercepted in your 7th house of relationships you would try to see how this applies.

Thank you Eedwards, you're right I am stuck. Sometimes I am not able to show my feelings or even act for fear (maybe Saturn in Capricorn?). And yes, as for Aquarius intercepted, I remember that as I child I used to be very original and different...
Thank you a lot

Cardener

Cardener,

Intercepted houses are tricky because they are entirely dependent on the house system. Usually Placidus shows intercepted houses. I don't know how much emphasis should be placed on them because of this. You might want to look at other house systems and see how they compare.

Usually the "blockage" that interceptions show can be seen in other places of the chart... and I see that in yours. You have Saturn in the 1st house in Capricorn, and Saturn in the first to me shows restricted self-expression especially near the asc, either from too much discipline in early life or a strong religious structure if Jupiter is around... and Jupiter is conjunct Saturn in your chart... its kinda even more so because it is a t-square point with Neptune and Venus, the softer, more "poetic" planets.

Yet intercepted 1st house would suggest a similar theme, a "blockage" of self-expression.

Then Mars is conjunct Uranus, which to me shows outbursts of energy that need an outlet, and can lead to accidents from reckless behavior. 7th house, this might be most evident in relationships with others, possibly even driving people away (or to you if they like that quality), or any situation where you are bound to another. Mars/Uranus intercepted in the 7th also would reflect a certain frustration in relationships, an inability the capture the function of the house naturally.

So is it the interception or these other "themes" (if I interpreted them correctly)? Maybe its a combination... I just know in my chart the intercepted signs' likely meaning shows up in other places, too, and there are no interceptions in any other house system but Placidus.
Thank you Flapjacks. Yes, I was very strictly educated. I was the youngest daughter of a very religious man (he was educated in a seminar) and my mother used to tell me that I would go to hell (sorry English is not my mother tongue and I don't know whether this is right word) if I continued to lie. So religion was used to restrict my self-expression (I did not always lie).
And yes again, my relationships are a mess and this is a very sensitive point to me.

Thank you a lot Flapjacks.

vanila

Hi Cardener,

I have the same intercepted signs in the same houses........ it is difficult for me to define their energy in my chart....
But I think when you have transits through this houses you can feel the energy of the sign stronger..like now ...T Jupiter, Neptune and Chiron are in my 1 st house on my Aquarius Jupiter .....so ....I'm expressing my self a little morе extravagant and I'm open to new people and ideas, I'm searching for new interesting things(usually I'm very conservative...)...........
Now T Mars is in Leo...so I guess you will soon feel the energy of the Leo.........

Good luck :)

Selene

I have my major houses intercepted... the very houses that house my sun, moon, venus, mercury, mars, saturn , and pluto...

Growing up I was very introverted and a lot was going on in my head, a whole world that I wanted to share with others but I felt stuck... Then again that could have been due to my Cancer ascendant...

If interception did truly mean being stuck and unrecognized potential than that would have made me into a nothing...

House systems, as someone mentioned, play a crucial role and let's not forget progressions... eventually those intercepted houses in the placidus house systems progress and are no longer intercepted! If you feel that the interception applies to you, then use it... however, if it does not, it's time to change house system.

eedwards

Intercepted houses is not specific to Placidus...interceptions can occur in any non-equal house system.

An intercepted house does not mean that you will never amount to anything...in fact it's quite the opposite. Since these areas are such a difficult and focal point of our life our goal is overcome them. Some believe that the intercepted houses are a karmic lesson chosen prior to this lifetime to learn and grow from.

Sure, we can realize the fact that we have a difficult time expressing ourselves and maintaining relationships with others, (1st\7th house interception). Do we accept this and do nothing about it or learn how to overcome these obstacles and grow? That is the lesson of intercepted houses.

Bubbletree

I wish I saw this thread before I posted mine. The server was having problems when I tried to post it yesterday. Good advice everyone.I will check out that thread.