When north node transit in 7th house

Zeyzeynep

Hi all. İ met a guy on december 10ish 2020. His rising sign is sagittarius. So i think we met when north node started to transit in his 7th house( i m new to astrology :D). Everything was going well but on january 2022 during venus retro somethings gone wrong and at the end we broke up on 17th march. My rising sign is scorpio and now north node in my 7th house. İ was really thinking this was a special meeting but he is gone now. While we met on his north node 7th house transit, can this be mean longterm relationship ?

Zeyzeynep

So when north node is in 7th house, is that brings longterm relationships ? İ still want him back but i dont know what should i think

Osamenor

Staff member
Nodes don’t transit.

Yes they do. They move through the zodiac, touching everything in everyone's chart along the way. By definition, that's transiting.

So when north node is in 7th house, is that brings longterm relationships ?
No. The mere fact of the north node transiting a certain house means nothing. When it becomes meaningful is when the north node is transiting a planet or an angle.

In that case, what the north node does is magnify whatever it's transiting. If the north node is transiting your Sun, Sun-related topics, like sense of self, get a little extra prominence in your life. If it's transiting your Venus, Venus topics get a little extra focus. And so on.

If the north node is transiting a planet in your seventh house, that planet is magnified for you, and perhaps there's a hint of its house in that magnification: you might find yourself extra focused on partnership. Same when the north node transits your DC, since that's the partnership point. But all that means is that those topics are a point of focus for you. That doesn't say anything about what's actually happening with those topics. While it's possible for a long term relationship to start when the north node is transiting your seventh house, it's no more likely than when the north node is transiting a different house. Other astrological factors carry the real weight in setting the scene for a long term relationship.

While we met on his north node 7th house transit, can this be mean longterm relationship ?

Again, no, not because of the north node moving through his seventh house. It's possible that having the north node there was a factor in his being ready to consider a new relationship at that time, which he obviously did--he dated you--but in and of itself, the north node says nothing about long term commitment. For that, you need Saturn. If Saturn is making a hard angle transit (square, conjunction, or opposition) to its own natal position, or an angle, or a personal planet, or natal Sun or Moon, that increases the odds of a relationship started under that transit becoming long term.

But increasing the odds does not mean it's guaranteed to happen. Everyone involved still has free will. If someone feels the relationship isn't serving them, they're still free to end it. Saturn is also a separations planet.

And the fact remains, this relationship lasted for over a year. That may be a long term relationship, depending on how old you are and what long term means to you. If you're 20 and up to now you'd never dated anyone longer than a couple of months, a year plus is very long term. If you're 60 and your previous relationships have spanned decades, then it's a drop in the bucket.

In short, just because it's over now does not mean it's a broken astrological promise.

Last edited: