Multiple Squares to Pluto

Noonien

Help with a complicated chart. Newbie here.

I've not been involved in astrology for more than 30 years and had only cursory experience then. My chart looks awfully complicated so I'd appreciate your assistance. Thanks in advance. This site is fantastic!

Attachments

• KLAstrocomplacidus plus.gif
    KLAstrocomplacidus plus.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 32

waybread

Re: Help with a complicated chart. Newbie here.

Have you got some specific questions?

Also, I would suggest you re-post your chart without all those aspect lines: they create a kind of visual stick-pile that makes the chart very difficult to read. I find the planetary aspects helpful, but not the ones to the part of fortune, vertex, angles, and what-have-you. We can read the second-tier information off the aspectarian.

With your stellium in Sagittarius in the 8th house, you would seem to be very interested in "occult" matters.

Noonien

Waybread, thanks for the reply. I wondered about that chart; it did look messy. I'll change it to the basic natal etc. tomorrow. Yes, I do have some specific questions. 1. Regarding the 8th House Stellium I've gathered from study that it has much energy concentrated there but I cannot find much info on the strengths/weakness of the Stellium and how to handle the energy properly. 2. Every planet in the Stellium is squared to Pluto in the 5th house; I gather from study that this presents me with challenges but cannot discern exactly what they are. 3. Venus seems to have 4 squares and I want to know the significance of that. 4. Lastly, what's weird is that although I'm a Sag/Sun and that stellium is in Sag. I display little of a Sag's ebullience; seems that my Cap moon, Saturn placement and Taurus Asc. are much more prominent in both my internal and external worlds. Thanks, again.

Noonien

I'm new and have been studying assiduously, but have a question or two. I have an 8th House Stellium that's in Sagittarius; Sun, Mars, Mercury, Venus. Each of these is squared to Pluto in the 5th House. What is the relation/correlation here? The Stellium involves fast moving planets and Pluto is incredible slow so is there a dynamic in this situation that I should be aware of?
Btw I'm thinking natal/personality wise.

Note: I tried this yesterday on another post and was advised by Waybread that the chart I posted was to messy (it was!)and couldn't delete; so began anew.

Attachments

• KlAstro Placidus Webstyle.gif
    KlAstro Placidus Webstyle.gif
    47.8 KB · Views: 17

waybread

The 8th house is hard for me to understand. To traditional astrologers it was the "house of death," but even in Hellenistic times they realized they couldn't read the time and manner of death off the 8th house. It just didn't work. However, 8th house people may think about death with some frequency, or perhaps work in an occupation involving death. One of the most interesting charts I saw for an 8th house "native" was of a hospice nurse. This owuld be a good placement for many types of doctors, police , or paramedics.

The 8th is also the house of "shared resources." Following from the "death" meaning, it includes wills, inheritances, and life insurance. Also, using a derived house meaning, the 8th is the 2nd house from the 7th house of marriage. The second house indicates one's finances. So a conventional meaning of "shared resources" would be money shared with a spouse or partner. More generally shared resources include stocks and bonds, various types of insurance, or other investments that you effectively hold in common with a company or other share-holders.

My experience of 8th house people is that they tend to be very private. Sagittarius is also the sign of the philosopher so it may be that you spend time thinking deep thoughts!

Finally the 8th house has been related to sexuality. I think this is because of the association of signs and houses with different parts of the body, with the 8th house and Scorpio ruling the reproductive organs. Uranus square Venus in the 8th might suggest sexuality that mainstream society would find unusual in some way. Sometimes lesbians or bisexual women have Uranus square Venus but this isn't a hard-and-fast rule.

Your moon and MC in Capricorn, with Saturn as the traditional ruler of your Aquarian Jupiter would tend to tone down an outgoing Sagittarian sun, as well. So would your Taurus rising, with the ruler of the first house (Venus) in the 8th.

I'd go with exploring hidden mysteries of the universe as fairly important to you (reinforced by Jupiter square Neptune) and Pluto square sun. Or you wouldn't be here!

Noonien

Waybread, thanks. It's encouraging when a reply come to a newbie! What you say is true and I've gathered some of that from my research and much I new intuitively. I do not want to simply post my chart and mooch info; that would be unbearably rude. I've done some spade work and intend to do more.

BTW: I took your advice and posted a basic natal chart. Couldn't discern how to delete the old chart so I began a new thread with the new chart, about an hour ago. I also appreciated you advice regarding specific questions and leveled the new post to some specific queries. The Pluto Squares are the main line of inquiry as they are aspected to the Sun and fast moving planets.

Noonien

"Your moon and MC in Capricorn, with Saturn as the traditional ruler of your Aquarian Jupiter would tend to tone down an outgoing Sagittarian sun, as well. So would your Taurus rising, with the ruler of the first house (Venus) in the 8th."

Thanks, Waybread. Very helpful. Outside of my bluntness and the philosophical inquiry and the incessant "why?" that circles my thoughts, I've never felt like a Sag. I think that all that Pluto action has to have an effect, as well.

waybread

Thanks for the feedback!

Sun square Pluto is a difficult aspect in my opinion. I experienced it by Pluto transit some time ago, and found it extremely difficult. So my sympathies to you folks who have it natally.

So far as I can tell, people with natal sun square Pluto were often bullied as children, so they grow up learning not to trust other people or the universe to support them. They tend to see inter-personal relationships as a zero-sum game: your win is automatically my loss. This can make relationships rather tough! But a more empowering interpretation is that you are a stand for ongoing self-transformation in your life.

I think the popular descriptions of ebullient, outgoing Sagittarius may relate more to Sagittarius rising (one's outer personality) or a Sagittarian sun without any major stressful placements.

Pluto square an 8th house Sagittarian sun probably would be someone determined to study and understand life's deeper mysteries.

However, with your NN in Leo in the 5th house, your personal growth may come simply from learning how to relax, play, and enjoy the good things of life.

Noonien

Thanks, again. It appears a moderator conflated the threads (thanks to the responsible party). I recall my chart from 1980 and the astrologer mentioning Pluto/Scorpio and squares and power/obsession/control as major lifelong challenges. She could've passed for the Oracle at Delphi because it's always manifested that way. I'm rather ashamed to say that the bullying was usually done from my end, but in my old neighborhood everyone got as well as gave. Still, relationships have been the main source of stress and I'll own my end of responsibility. The point of NN in Leo and learning to "play" is definitely on the mark. I've moved often and people in 6 consecutive states have told me to lighten up! I once had an aunt tell me I was "15 going on 50". I'm going to study more on the NN and the Pluto issues. My gut is telling me that Pluto is a major factor; all those squares to that Stellium in the House that Scorpio rules, plus a Scorp descendant. My mom's a Scorp, my wife of many years is a Scorp and my first love was a Scorp. So Plutonic energy seems to find me. I've also read that 8th House Venus (which my wife also has!) and that Pluto linked to the 5th House are indicative of attracting Scorps. Thanks, again.