Transits to 7th House when Divorced

gll3

I've hard that your seventh house represents your first spouse, while the eleventh house represents your second, third, etc spouse. In cases like these, I've heard transits to the 7th house affect your first spouse or your relationship with them; transits to the 11th house affecting your second spouse or your relationship with them.

Thoughts?

Osamenor

Staff member
It's never that simple. Especially since not everyone has a spouse, let alone two spouses.

Most of all, transits show up in the planets they're stimulating. If a transit through your seventh house conjuncts your Saturn, squares your Sun, trines your Moon, Saturn and Sun and Moon themes, and themes of the transiting planet, will show up. There may be something of the seventh house in that, but the seventh house represents all kinds of partners, including any spouse, and more generally, other people.

Maybe that's the transit under which you start therapy (therapist/client is also a seventh house kind of relationship) or your business partner disappears with the profits, or your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend has a death in their family. Or you start seeing someone new, or go through a breakup. Or you start seeing clients of your own. All that is seventh house.

Eleventh house has more to do with groups, friends, and long term plans. If there's an eleventh house theme in your transits--which doesn't just mean planets transiting your eleventh, it can also be a transit to your eleventh house ruler or an aspect to a planet in your eleventh house--then something to do with groups, friends, or long term plans is showing up.

If you don't have a spouse, your transits can't be about your spouse. If you have an ex who's in your life, sure, there could be something going on with them, and if you're open to a new marriage you could meet your next spouse, but none of that is necessarily signified by transits to your seventh or eleventh house.

gll3

It's never that simple. Especially since not everyone has a spouse, let alone two spouses.

Most of all, transits show up in the planets they're stimulating. If a transit through your seventh house conjuncts your Saturn, squares your Sun, trines your Moon, Saturn and Sun and Moon themes, and themes of the transiting planet, will show up. There may be something of the seventh house in that, but the seventh house represents all kinds of partners, including any spouse, and more generally, other people.

Maybe that's the transit under which you start therapy (therapist/client is also a seventh house kind of relationship) or your business partner disappears with the profits, or your spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend has a death in their family. Or you start seeing someone new, or go through a breakup. Or you start seeing clients of your own. All that is seventh house.

Eleventh house has more to do with groups, friends, and long term plans. If there's an eleventh house theme in your transits--which doesn't just mean planets transiting your eleventh, it can also be a transit to your eleventh house ruler or an aspect to a planet in your eleventh house--then something to do with groups, friends, or long term plans is showing up.

If you don't have a spouse, your transits can't be about your spouse. If you have an ex who's in your life, sure, there could be something going on with them, and if you're open to a new marriage you could meet your next spouse, but none of that is necessarily signified by transits to your seventh or eleventh house.
This would only be the case in the chart of someone who's experienced a divorce.

I wish I had books or articles to link here, but this is coming from my aunt - who's been reading + attending astrology seminars for over 10 years. ��