Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 09-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Exclamation My Sun and Moon being hit by both Saturn and Uranus transits

Right now Im going through a Uranus opposition Sun and square Moon transit
+ Saturn conjunct Sun, square Moon. Talk about being hit by two opposites!

Natally I have Sun square Uranus and Saturn, and my Moon is conjunct Uranus AND Saturn.
I am very worried for a reason!

The more I keep reading about these transit aspects, the more depressed I get, since Saturn conjunct Sun apparently promises depression, self-esteem issues and the square to Moon problems with women. I've already been through depression/nervous breakdown when Pluto squared my Sun and conjuncted my Moon. (I ALWAYS get hit by the crappiest transits all at once!) All of these transits will be almost exact around my birthday in the end of the month. Not to mention that my Solar Return is all about Uranus this year, so I know what's coming, but I NEED to know how to work with these opposite energies without going completely loco!

Saturn has started to transit my 2nd house (I lost a lot of weight while it was in the first!) and it conjuncts my Sun there and squares my Moon in the 5th. Uranus is transiting the 8th. There is an obvious connection between the house of money and the house of creativity, which I have been trying to link slowly in the past few years, since the creative arts is what I want to pursue. (Natally my Saturn and Uranus are also in the 5th house, so I have a stellium there.)

I am worried that these transits might turn me in to an Epic failure, since I have these aspects natally and I honestly still CANNOT work with my natal Sun square Saturn and Uranus. (Self-esteem issues, not feeling like Im good enough...You know, basic Saturn stuff! Uranus just makes me want to act like a crazy-person...) The conjunctions of the Moon to both planets is a bit more easier. I think. Or then Im in denial, haha.

So I would like to hear from anyone who has been through these transits,
or even one of them, since I want to know what's coming my way!

Last edited by Steeler; 09-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Unread 09-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Re: My Sun and Moon being hit by both Saturn and Uranus transits

Steeler, hi. I can imagine how you feel, but I can also tell you that going through a Pluto transit is heavier than a Saturn or Uranus one (in my opinion). Learning to let go is often far more difficult than making basic changes in yourself.

If natally you have Sun Square Uranus and now you will go through the opposition, than the natal promise will be repeated in a way, but less extreme than the square.
As you know, Sun and Moon combinations with Uranus always indicate a need for freedom and in your case an extreme need not to be hemmed in.

At the same time, you must have also experienced the Saturnal limitations which only must have enhanced your cry for freedom.

The thing with Saturn conjunct Moon is, that you feel a great sense of responsability and when your Uranus wants that freedom, your Saturn says :wait a minute, you can't just go and leave things behind just like that!! So you must be feeling this pull between staying and leaving very strongly. It can be a constant source of frustration in your life.

Usually when we have this, it can be traced back to our childhood as you also might know and I think that maybe it would be helpful for you, to figure out what or who it has been that tied you down or pushed you into feeling this big emotional responsability to the detriment of your personal freedom.

A bit of limitation is always good when we deal with too much Uranian energy (wanting to be different, always the rebel etc.), but if it causes you to feel caught, than there is too much discipline involved which is not good.

Now, with the opposition to your Sun, you get the chance to balance these two things out. Saturn now conjuncts and does not square your Sun, so you could get enough self discipline here to consciously figure out how much freedom will be good for you and how much will destroy things in your life (like breakups and changes). Saturn will probably keep you from doing something sudden and irresponsable or unpredictable. In your 5th of creativity you could finally bring the creative and very original (Uranus) energies into something lasting and solid.

With the square you still felt the need to go against authority or maybe not wânting to work so hard, now maybe you are using the energy more positively and over the last years and maybe also due to the changes you must have gone through with Pluto, you have come to realise that some discipline and concentration is necessary in order to build something up.

Saturn conjunct Sun does not have to cause you to be depressed. It can also help you to build something up, give you structure. Saturn and Moon combinations do tend to make one feel less up, but could also just make you a more serious person, something that we all need at times.

You must have your Sun in Virgo then I believe? and is your Moon/Saturn/Uranus Stellium in Sagittarius? It would be easier for me to see your chart. But just like this, seeing that Moon conj, those two heavy planets and Sun squaring them, I do believe that there is a father-son issue? The Pluto transit must also have had a huge impace on you and most certainly had to do with deep psychological stuff from your childhood which you just had to face in order to grow. I think that this process will be finished now with the transits of Uranus and Saturn, bringing you more personal freedom and selfconfidence.

Dont forget that the 2nd house also has to do with our selfworth, not only our money. Moon-Saturn also does not have to mean "trouble with women" which is really a cookbook explanation. It can in certain cases show a difficult contact with the mother which then, lateron , could be repeated with other women in your life. The thing is to recognize since when and why this pattern exists and when you know where it comes from, you can let go of it and not mirror those same experiences on other women. Also look which houses these planets rule. Seeing Moon and Saturn as rulers of other houses (life compartments) in your chart, gives a broader meaning to them as well.

Which two houses are working together in a creative way? and why does your Sun square them? If they rule houses 11 and 5, then maybe you dont feel like expressing your creativity in a group? Why not? Which house does the Sun rule? This is how to explore your chart and you will see, that you will get away from the standard descriptions of this conjunction or that square etc.

If your Solar Return shows a lot of change, then embrace it, dont be afraid. Maybe you will get the chance to become more selfconfident, change positively. Something to look forward to dont you think? People live too much in fear of astrology and the transits. That is silly and unnecessary. We all go through changes in our lives and we just have to tackle them one way or the other. If nothing would change, it would be very dull indeed!!

Starlink

Last edited by starlink; 09-05-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Unread 09-05-2009, 11:52 PM

Having something similar passing with sun squared by both uranus and saturn and SAturn conjunct moon square sun you should already have begun to know what this is going to be about. My solar return was in June. So ....ruler of the house in 12th...not so good.
Since your sun is under attack and moon also you may want to watch out several things. First saturn rules skin, bones, teeth. Virgo rules stomach, intestines and bowels, sun rules the heart and back and pisces rules feet, lymph etc.
Uranus is erratic ie heart palpatations etc. For me moon in virgo sun in gemini...had to have hernia repair surgery on two hernias and had to have skin cancer removed as saturn came within minutes of exact. Of course my moon is in my 6th house.
but when you have a the sun and moon in afflicted it can lead to accidents and illness or depress the system
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to FreeVirgo
Post Re: My Sun and Moon being hit by both Saturn and Uranus transits

OMG!! I am basically going through the same thing. I have a virgo sun 24 and a libra moon 01 in conjunction. So saturn is in transiting conjunction and uranus in opposition. Here is the fun part. Tranisiting Pluto is also scaring my natal moon in Libra and did the past few years to my natal sun. Pluto is tansiting through the eigth house, uranus through 11th house and saturn in the 5th. The sun and moon rule the third and fourth houses.

Natally my sun and moon (5th) thrine my 29 taurus ascendent, sextile uranus 01 sag and mars 28 scorpio conjunction (seventh house) which opposes my ascendent. Also squares neptune on the eighthouse cusp. I have a grand thrine between my Libra moon, taurus ascendent and aquarius MC.

All I can say is this is a new dawn for me.
Unread 09-06-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink View Post
Steeler, hi. I can imagine how you feel, but I can also tell you that going through a Pluto transit is heavier than a Saturn or Uranus one (in my opinion). Learning to let go is often far more difficult than making basic changes in yourself.
Hi Starlink! Thanks so much for taking your time to do such a detailed interpretation, it gave me so much hope.

I agree that Pluto transits are much more heavier, since they last longer and can be felt way before even being exact. In my case the transformation was indeed psychological (in case someone reads this who is going through one or both transits). Depression, sadness, panic-attacks...My ego got destroyed, since Im a Leo ASC and so the Sun rules my first house. But the thing is, that even though at the time the positivity of some of these experiences couldn't be seen, what happened was a good thing in it's own way. Once the ego is destroyed, another one is built in it's place and it's usually a much 'healthier' ego (since the ego cannot be destroyed in my opinion).

Quote:
If natally you have Sun Square Uranus and now you will go through the opposition, than the natal promise will be repeated in a way, but less extreme than the square. As you know, Sun and Moon combinations with Uranus always indicate a need for freedom and in your case an extreme need not to be hemmed in.

At the same time, you must have also experienced the Saturnal limitations which only must have enhanced your cry for freedom.
Yes, the need for freedom is a bit extreme sometimes, since I do have my Stellium in Sagittarius as well. Then again, as you can imagine, my life is nothing but, "I need change/"I must not change", because of my Saturn and Uranus. I want freedom, but at the same time I don't want any change that I can't control. This is something I know I need to balance...

Quote:
Now, with the opposition to your Sun, you get the chance to balance these two things out. Saturn now conjuncts and does not square your Sun, so you could get enough self discipline here to consciously figure out how much freedom will be good for you and how much will destroy things in your life (like breakups and changes). Saturn will probably keep you from doing something sudden and irresponsable or unpredictable. In your 5th of creativity you could finally bring the creative and very original (Uranus) energies into something lasting and solid.

With the square you still felt the need to go against authority or maybe not wânting to work so hard, *now maybe you are using the energy more positively and over the last years and maybe also due to the changes you must have gone through with Pluto, you have come to realise that some discipline and concentration is necessary in order to build something up.
The authority, (what I call "the system") is what caused a lot of problems in my life, which the Pluto energies just made so much worse. (Since Pluto squared my Sun in transit, the Su/Sa-Ur aspects got automatically affected by it)

I just didn't 'fit' the system in any way and I felt like a failure, so my ego got destroyed. Little did I know, like I said earlier, a new ego was put in place and I realised that the whole system we are all part of is an invicible prison which keeps us in our place and some of us very unhappy. *So now Im trying to find ways to work inside of it (since you can't escape "the system" completely), but with my own rules. This realisation caused a lot of problems, but it also provided me with the freedom I needed. (This is all Pluto-Sun/Moon transit right there btw)

Quote:
Saturn conjunct Sun does not have to cause you to be depressed. It can also help you to build something up, give you structure. Saturn and Moon combinations do tend to make one feel less up, but could also just make you a more serious person, something that we all need at times.

You must have your Sun in Virgo then I believe? and is your Moon/Saturn/Uranus Stellium in Sagittarius? It would be easier for me to see your chart. But just like this, seeing that Moon conj, those two heavy planets and Sun squaring them, I do believe that there is a father-son issue? The Pluto transit must also have had a huge impace on you and most certainly had to do with deep psychological stuff from your childhood which you just had to face in order to grow. I think that this process will be finished now with the transits of Uranus and Saturn, bringing you more personal freedom and selfconfidence.
I like the idea of these transits helping me build something...It's what I need to do the most now, but I got so scared by the idea that my own natal aspects are being hit by obviously difficult transits, that I kinda lost my mind a bit there... And yes, Im a Virgo with Mo/Sa/Ur in Sagittarius in the 5th. (Saturn and Uranus square my Virgo Sun in the second house)
I do hope these transits will work positively, instead of kicking me down in to the grown again.

My father and I do speak, but a parent/'child' relationship between us is nonexistant. Just didn't work out. I realised at a very young age (Saturn) that my father was a bit of a failure at life and even though it made me depressed as a youngster, I got over it in the best way I could. Parents are not superheroes, they make mistakes and the best thing is to just allow oneself to feel the feelings and then let go of them.

Quote:
Dont forget that the 2nd house also has to do with our selfworth, not only our money. Moon-Saturn also does not have to mean "trouble with women" which is really a cookbook explanation. It can in certain cases show a difficult contact with the mother which then, lateron , could be repeated with other women in your life. The thing is to recognize since when and why this pattern exists and when you know where it comes from, you can let go of it and not mirror those same experiences on other women. Also look which houses these planets rule. Seeing Moon and Saturn as rulers of other houses (life compartments) in your chart, gives a broader meaning to them as well.
Which two houses are working together in a creative way? and why does your Sun square them? If they rule houses 11 and 5, then maybe you dont feel like expressing your creativity in a group? Why not? Which house does the Sun rule? This is how to explore your chart and you will see, that you will get away from the standard descriptions of this conjunction or that square etc.

If your Solar Return shows a lot of change, then embrace it, dont be afraid. Maybe you will get the chance to become more selfconfident, change positively. Something to look forward to dont you think? People live too much in fear of astrology and the transits. That is silly and unnecessary. We all go through changes in our lives and we just have to tackle them one way or the other. If nothing would change, it would be very dull indeed!!

Starlink
I really do hope these transits will give me self-confidence, because without it, I definitely won't get anywhere. My Solar Return is indeed a bit scary this year, since last year's was so calm and nice. In this SR there are oppositions being made to Ur from my Su/Mo&Me. All these planets are also conjunct Saturn. Hahahahahah.......Oh boy. Uranus is in the 5th and Saturn in the 11th. Making connections, perhaps. Pluto is also a big player this year, being in the 3rd (where it is natally too), aspecting the 11th and 12th. Oy. Going off topic. Anyways, yup. Changes!

Thanks so much again Starlink, you put a lot of things in perspective for me, which I really needed!
Unread 09-06-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassanra View Post
Having something similar passing with sun squared by both uranus and saturn and SAturn conjunct moon square sun you should already have begun to know what this is going to be about. My solar return was in June. So ....ruler of the house in 12th...not so good.
Since your sun is under attack and moon also you may want to watch out several things. First saturn rules skin, bones, teeth. Virgo rules stomach, intestines and bowels, sun rules the heart and back and pisces rules feet, lymph etc.
Uranus is erratic ie heart palpatations etc. For me moon in virgo sun in gemini...had to have hernia repair surgery on two hernias and had to have skin cancer removed as saturn came within minutes of exact. Of course my moon is in my 6th house.
but when you have a the sun and moon in afflicted it can lead to accidents and illness or depress the system
Im not sure if I know, but I do have a "hunch."

Thanks for informing me about the possible health-issues. I indeed need to go to a dentist very soon...
I just hope that health-issues will stay out of this, since there's a lot to handle already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freevirgo
OMG!! I am basically going through the same thing. I have a virgo sun 24 and a libra moon 01 in conjunction. So saturn is in transiting conjunction and uranus in opposition. Here is the fun part. Tranisiting Pluto is also scaring my natal moon in Libra and did the past few years to my natal sun. Pluto is tansiting through the eigth house, uranus through 11th house and saturn in the 5th. The sun and moon rule the third and fourth houses.

Natally my sun and moon (5th) thrine my 29 taurus ascendent, sextile uranus 01 sag and mars 28 scorpio conjunction (seventh house) which opposes my ascendent. Also squares neptune on the eighthouse cusp. I have a grand thrine between my Libra moon, taurus ascendent and aquarius MC.

All I can say is this is a new dawn for me.
You have the Saturn/Uranus transits with Pluto? Oh wow. That's...Wow.
Have you had any interest in the occult, since your Pluto is transiting the 8th? Nep in 8th and Pluto roaming the house might make one interested in metaphysical stuff, which I think is always great for the evolution of a person.
Unread 09-06-2009, 05:57 PM

How to interprete a Solar Return Chart.

Steeler, I am giving you this link to the article I wrote for the ED board. Following these steps will probably eliminate a few, for you, scary looking aspects. Do compare the Solar Return with your natal chart. Moon in natal is in your 5th. In which house is it in your Solar Return? It is there where Moon will be mostly doing it's work this year. Which house in the natal chart does the Solar Return Asc. fall in? Focus will fall on that house and also in which house the SR Sun falls. There you can "shine" this year or express yourself at best.

Hope this helps a bit.

Keep that head up Steeler! concentrate on the positive side of all these aspects. Nothing is "bad" in astrology. It is all about hard work and getting over a bump in the road when you see squares and trying to find an equilibrium between the two opposing planets when you see an opposition.
The secret of freedom is courage.” so, be courageous!

Cheers, Starlink
Unread 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
You have the Saturn/Uranus transits with Pluto? Oh wow. That's...Wow. Have you had any interest in the occult, since your Pluto is transiting the 8th? Nep in 8th and Pluto roaming the house might make one interested in metaphysical stuff, which I think is always great for the evolution of a person.
To tell the truth I have been approached by people who are involved in the occults but honestly I get freaked out by it. I also have a saturn/pluto/mercury conjunction in libra. I respect occults but my mind leans more towards real physical stuff. I try to balance between physical and spiritual realities without siding on one side far too much. Does that make sense??? My moon is also in Libra.
Unread 10-03-2009, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
Im not sure if I know, but I do have a "hunch."

Thanks for informing me about the possible health-issues. I indeed need to go to a dentist very soon...
I just hope that health-issues will stay out of this, since there's a lot to handle already.

You have the Saturn/Uranus transits with Pluto? Oh wow. That's...Wow.
Have you had any interest in the occult, since your Pluto is transiting the 8th? Nep in 8th and Pluto roaming the house might make one interested in metaphysical stuff, which I think is always great for the evolution of a person.

What exactly is metaphysical and how does it work. This is new to me?? So I am curious
Unread 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned

Really would have been more helpful if you posted your chart with progressed and transits for a proper evaluation as we are all visual people here.

T Saturn conj moon I've found can keep you rather short of money, emotionally withdrawn, but reallky Saturn is just testing what is of 'value to you'

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm

Perhaps you should read this thread entitled: astrology predicts meanings, not events
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17546&page=2
Etiquette and telling people their fate
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17248
10Do’s and Don’ts with astrology by Rahu
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17450

Astrology is not about sitting home on the couch eating nachos and waiting for the planets to make good things happen in your life. It is always your responsibility to work towards making your own dreams come true. Horoscopes simply help you to schedule your actions for the best possible outcome
http://www.tomorrowsedge.net/virgo-monthly-astrology-horoscope.html

Unread 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM

Unread 11-12-2009, 09:36 PM

The best I could do was copy and paste it.. Sorry for the delay!! I just find it weird that pluto and saturn are less than one degree transiting my my natal moon right now. My dreams have been vivid (explosive) neptune square moon (8 degrees), the dreams have been a bit of a healer for me but.... In waking life I feel stuck (trapped) emotionally (saturn conjunction) and angry towards so much stuff from the past (pluto sqaure moon), coming out of no where. Pluto and saturn are in conjunction in my birth chart so I feel saturn restricts pluto's vibrations. Also I just want to move on from all these ugly feelings and start a new and pluto and saturn conjunction does help with this aspect to get over psychological hangups from what I read. Saturn is exalted in Libra.
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:46 PM

It's a freaking epidemic!! Everyone with late Gemini and early Cancer planets are having this horror.
And also late Sagi and early Cappy.

For me it's the moon in late Gemini. Ugh.

But then I try to be objective, and it's hard to be objective about yourself...and say that Uranus represents not slow evolution in a chart, but unpredictable change. And we just have to get through it. Sometimes there's a lesson, but usually that Saturn's department.
Uranus is just the universe doing it's transformation thing. It's just that when it gets personal it's really a horror, or at least feels like it.
And when I say personal I mean if it's squaring or conjuncting a personal planet. But I think the square is the worst....although the opposition CAN be the worst if your chart is set up for it.

Personally, I think these Uranus, Neptune and Pluto transits are the ones that age us. Most people think Saturn ages us, but I think Saturn matures us. I think the others age us physically.
Between 1990 and 91, when Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were squaring and inconjuncting all over my chart, I aged about 7 years...literally. I was ill, gained weight from not being able to exercise and do my normal activities, ended up with lines on my face that hadn't been there...and I even projected an "older" look.

NOw I'm not saying that there was no upside to any of these transits.....but it took many many years for me to SEE any upside.
LIN

Tags
moon, saturn, transits, uranus