Aspects in different signs?

Hi, I am looking for help understanding my birth chart.

There are a lot of oppositions and conjunctions that cross over to different signs. So, for example, Venus conjunct Sun and also Mars, but Venus is in Taurus and Sun & Mars in Aries. Does that even count? I mean, on one hand, I feel like a conjunction with the sun and two planets in their native signs seems like it would be meaningful, but on the other hand, a conjunction is supposed to be in the same sign. Similarly, Sun, Venus, & Mars all in opposition to Moon in Scorpio, but only Venus is in Taurus (which is opposite Scorpio generally).

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what to make of these aspects?

I am trying to attach a pdf of my chart. I hope it works.

Attachments

• Chart.pdf
    63.7 KB · Views: 41

waybread

Some astrologers consider out-of-sign aspects and some don't, so you might contemplate those aspects and decide which ones you feel in your daily life.

JUPITERASC

Hi, I am looking for help understanding my birth chart.

There are a lot of oppositions and conjunctions that cross over to different signs. So, for example, Venus conjunct Sun and also Mars, but Venus is in Taurus and Sun & Mars in Aries. Does that even count? I mean, on one hand, I feel like a conjunction with the sun and two planets in their native signs seems like it would be meaningful, but on the other hand, a conjunction is supposed to be in the same sign. Similarly, Sun, Venus, & Mars all in opposition to Moon in Scorpio, but only Venus is in Taurus (which is opposite Scorpio generally).

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what to make of these aspects?

I am trying to attach a pdf of my chart. I hope it works.

clearest chart software available FREE online is at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload

3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'

4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address

2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)

3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

greybeard

Aspects are measured by the angular distance between the two planets. Whether or not the aspect is formed across sign lines does not affect the nature of the aspect per se.

However, the fact that the aspect is "abnormal", because the Qualities or Elements normally found in the particular aspect are not combined in the normal or expected way.

This condition is not so much an obstacle to interpretation as an opportunity.

Einstein provides an example with the x-sign opposition of the exceedingly powerful and predominant Uranus in Virgo and Jupiter in Aquarius. We would expect Jupiter to be in Pisces.

We translate the astrological symbols into common English. That way we can better understand the opposing energies and how they interact.

Harmelia

I like Greybeard's response to you. It kind of depends really on several factors how two out of sign planets will interact - when they are conjunct or in another aspect. But if they are conjunct, they are conjunct - and if really close, they are bound to have some effect. What I've noticed though,is that in these cases, there seems to be a tendency for a person to have more choice on how to use those energies, because they are sitting in different energetic qualities. They are more easily differentiated. In the case of twin studies with planetary conjunctions - in sign or out of sign, for instance, I can see one bring out one planet and the other twin emphasizing the other. They choose to differentiate themselves by focusing more on one than another. But, I think it only proves that we have more choice in our responses to planetary energies than most of us think.