Physical Appearance

kath2833

Besides the ascendant and sun sign, can a person's physical appearance be from the moon sign, even if the moon isn't a dominant planet, and the dominant planet is in the same sign as the moon?

JUPITERASC

Besides the ascendant and sun sign, can a person's physical appearance be from the moon sign, even if the moon isn't a dominant planet, and the dominant planet is in the same sign as the moon?
Hi kath 2833, astrologers note the physical appearance as being one of the ways of verifying/checking/ascertaining that the natal chart accurately agrees with the appearance of the native.

Many factors influence the appearance.

For an idea of the numerous factors influencing appearance that includes example illustrations :smile:
http://reocities.com/athens/delphi/1601/physical.html

Moog

Many do use the moon in physical analysis.

theV

Don't we genetically inherent our appearance from our mother and father? so I think sun (father) and moon ( mother) play important part in our appearance and personality interpretation

JUPITERASC

Don't we genetically inherent our appearance from our mother and father?
Remember to include THEIR fathers and mothers and so on ad infinitum... :smile:
...so I think sun (father) and moon ( mother) play important part in our appearance and personality interpretation
Interesting comment made on another thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=427238#post427238
Both my husband and one of our daughters have the following -

Sun in Virgo
Moon in Virgo
Ascendant in Scorpio
Mercury in Leo
Venus in Virgo
Mars in Gemini

You can overlay the charts and they look practically the same.

They both love animals and have a scientific frame of mind.

To me, it's a clear indication that DNA/inherited traits are very much visible in the charts.

Skywomb

Remember to include THEIR fathers and mothers and so on ad infinitum... :smile:
Yes. I've noticed this in the little I've seen pictures of my older "predecessors" (most all dead before I was born, how fitting) ... and makes sense seeing similarities between the natal charts therein also.
This is where I say astrology gets weird :lol: when looking at ones grandmothers and so on charts....and compare

JUPITERASC

Yes. I've noticed this in the little I've seen pictures of my older "predecessors" (most all dead before I was born, how fitting) ... and makes sense seeing similarities between the natal charts therein also.
This is where I say astrology gets weird :lol: when looking at ones grandmothers and so on charts....and compare
Skywomb, 'weird' most probably because we are not accustomed to making these comparisons - after a while though the patterns are recognizable and we realize the significance.

Reliably well-timed charts are required for the angles - i.e. ASC/DESC/MC/IC but even without using the angles, we often find planetary configurations repeated generation after generation, if we are fortunate enough to have ancestors who kept records. Physical similarity/personality similarity frequently concurs with natal chart similarity and the more research we can do, the more evidence we can find :smile:

Skywomb

Yeah, and then astrology becomes something completely different as well....or I should say touches on real big topics and gets really universal (of course it is even in just lookin at ones natal, I mean jesus, astrology IS WEIRD...and universal)...

I'm a bit raspberry high here....strange pills. Uh.. Hehe. :smile:

Well yeah It'd be great to collect as much data as possible in those areas especially... but you know one can't do it via the scientific method (well partially) since nobody knows what astrology is or rather how it works (or prove it in that fashion if someone thinks they got the answers)....

That's the funny thing about being a/the universe, can't be explained really....it mostly explains itself to oneself. If you get what I'm saying. That is astrology.
People will just have to realize it, but data helps of course either way,.

I shouldn't write more in this state but, yeah I've noticed a good amount of just planetary/sign placements and aspects being similar. For example my Mom Dad and me has Mars-Pluto-Sun aspecting eachother (my father doesn't have pluto-sun)...now that particular thing probably has little to do with appearance.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I think the moon does influence the face and if the person generally gains weight or not.

I've noticed people with say... Scorpio moon have deep set penetrating eyes and red rings around them. I'm a Pisces moon and I've seen a bunch of other Pisces moon people's faces, and we all share the soft and sweet look. Cap moon people tend to have very blank gazes as if there's nothing behind their stares.