The Deception of Neptune

Element

A little over a year ago I came to this forum seeking advice on relationships. I specifically asked about the upcoming T Neptune opposite my N Venus. One of the forum members here told me that it generally meant a relationship of some sort but that it also would come with deception. I forget the persons forum handle but I'm just coming back to tell you that you were right, horribly horribly right.

Shortly after I was given this prognostication I ended up joining another popular astrology forum where I started private messaging/emailing with a girl there who lives in Canada (I live in the U.S.). She seemed so perfect. We liked all the same things and disliked all the same things. Even our progressed suns are always conjunct each other in an exact orb. Eventually we started talking on the phone and would spend hours each day just talking.

Eventually I went up there for a visit and this is when the veil started to fall away. Her house was a disgusting mess. Now, I'm not a clean freak or anything but I do like things...sanitary? There's nothing grosser than going to a girls house and feeling your feet crunch on God-only-knows when you walk across the floor. Oh but she was so pretty, I thought, maybe I can look past this. Then I started to notice her anger issues. She freaked out on me while we were driving on the freeway one day. I almost got off at the wrong off ramp and she nearly burst the veins in her neck. Her angry reaction was so strong that all I could do was simply stare at her in shock. This was just one of many outbursts that were yet to come. But, I thought, maybe she's just in a bad mood, she's usually so agreeable, I'm sure it will pass. Then as it turns out she doesn't even have a job. She pretty much sits on her *** all day collecting government money and sits on the other astrology forum "solving peoples problems". But once again, the power of Neptune held me fast. We talked about the possibility of me moving out there and I thought maybe once I got settled into a job that she would get motivated and go find one too. Fortunately the relationship didn't get that far before the final nail in the coffin was hammered in. It turns out she was having sex with multiple partners. I'm not going to go into how I discovered this because it's just too complicated and quite frankly I don't want to talk about it. Since then I've cut off all communication with her and hope to never hear from her again.

Aside from all that she simply ended being everything she told me she disliked in other people. I feel so disillusioned. Thanks Neptune! I've tried to be philosophical about it though. I've told myself that the girl I loved never hurt me because the girl I loved never truly existed. I fell for a ghost, a phantom, a figment of her imagination.

Around the end of the year T Neptune will retrograde and form another exact opposition to my N Venus, only this time the transit will be accompanied by a trine from T Saturn to T Neptune. Saturn will be exactly sextile my N Venus and exactly trine my N Moon as well during this transit. So I'm expecting a possible repeat of this scenario. Hopefully the trine from Saturn will chill things out a bit though and bring things down to earth.

Anyways, I just thought I would share this story if that same person who told me to watch out is still here. Thanks for the info.

fushiafairy

I have this transit currently...uhoh. I just finished a relationship with someone I feel was not deceptive but failed to live up to his many dream based promises. Our relationship began long distant. He had strong neptune tendencies and characteristics.
I have just begun a new relationship. I would be so bummed if he was deceptive. I really don't see it. He lives nearby. Time will tell.

Element

I have this transit currently...uhoh. I just finished a relationship with someone I feel was not deceptive but failed to live up to his many dream based promises. Our relationship began long distant. He had strong neptune tendencies and characteristics.
I have just begun a new relationship. I would be so bummed if he was deceptive. I really don't see it. He lives nearby. Time will tell.

Maybe it was worse for me since Venus is the ruler of my 7th house though. But still, if you want some advice, I would recommend being more cautious in romance while this transit lasts.

BobZemco

Maybe it was worse for me since Venus is the ruler of my 7th house though. But still, if you want some advice, I would recommend being more cautious in romance while this transit lasts.

I had that transit and I never had a problem. I lot of people never even have that transit. If Neptune and Venus are in the same Sign it would take about 70 years for Neptune to oppose Venus.

You might want to consider looking elsewhere in your chart.

waybread

More generally, Neptune deals with the world of illusion and disillusionment. It doesn't deal with material reality. A Venus-Neptune trine would be good for an artist or film-maker, who can use Neptune's fantasy realm to advantage. With Venus Neptune contacts, sometimes the person is highly idealistic in relationships.

Element, thanks for sharing your story! At least you woke up and smelled the coffee before getting ever more deeply embroiled in a bad relationship. Good for you. And all the Virgo-esque types are shuddering at your description of "fossils" crunching underfoot on this woman's carpet.

Saturn is oftentimes the antitode to Neptune. Reality might hurt, but at least it is reality.

Element

I had that transit and I never had a problem. I lot of people never even have that transit. If Neptune and Venus are in the same Sign it would take about 70 years for Neptune to oppose Venus.

You might want to consider looking elsewhere in your chart.

Well you are right on that. There actually was quite a bit going on with my chart last year, a lot of it having to do with Neptune. My solar return for the year was also a Venus return for me as well. I had Solar Venus conjunct Natal Venus within 1 degree orb then there was Solar Neptune down at the bottom forming an exact orb opposition to both Solar Venus and Natal Venus. My natal North Node is at 0 degrees of Sag so I actually had a cross square if you factor in the alignment between the nodes, Neptune and both Venus'. But even without all of that, I have heard from several sources that a negative alignment from T Neptune to N Venus can produce such romances that cause disillusionment like this. Consider yourself lucky that it passed you by.

MaeMae

Banned
My favorite subject.

I have learned that there are two ends to Neptune, hence the fish swimming in opposite directions pisces, a front end and a tail end.

Neptune's front end gives us trust, faith, belief in something or someone greater than us, lets us get lost into something that seems so beautiful and harmless and magical. The front end also gives us senses of tragedy and despair. So when we recognize these things, we gravitate toward them, believing there will be some kind of healing or spiritual union or something like that.

Somewhere between the front end and tail end is a notion or sensation that something is not right, doesn't feel right about the whole charade. But Neptune is the temptress indeed - not in desire to seduce, but to convince us that "it will all be fine. it's so beautiful, what could ever be bad about it?"

The tail end, as we know, is disbelief, escapism, denial, illusion, delusion, seclusion, addiction, victimization - and generally speaking - the entire emotional process becomes about "how did this happen? why didn't i see this? did this really happen? am i just imagining this?"

Without Saturn, or at best, a challenged Neptune in one's chart - squares, oppositions (the things that bring awareness of differences) , it's difficult to shake.

Also, a strange dichotomy of being savior and saved.

Veronica

I have Venus in the 12... ( it doesn't aspect Neptune) but I have my 29 Degree Neptune in Sagittarius although sort of in the 6th house it opposes my ASC. I went through a similar disenchantment which started 2009, with someone I sort of idealized because I respected a lot, and above all admired. To make it short... @ the end of it all, all hurt, and very heartbroken, I did wonder.. Who was this person? its like I fell irrevocably in love with someone who never existed and the guy was totally a mannequin in which I just channelled all my ideals.. that were real inside my mind but not this reality/ plane. The part that really hurted me the most not only was the way things ended, but how he never was what I thought he was. The Beauty in being struck by a Neptune Transit to Venus, is that they are truly inspiring, and they can't be explained just felt...@ least to me it felt like some sort of Divine High... chanelled through love.. so pretty, perfect and Divine. Its not the feeling or trip that is the problem is the hollowness that is left when both feet land back on ground and reality comes back. Iam sorry you had to go through that falling in love and being enchanted/dissapointed/deceived/heartbroken, it must have been so many emotions going back and forth @ once. Specially like you mentioned knowing this person on some astrology forum.. in some cases it kind of afflicts more cause the other person if they are into astrology as well if they are good they can have some good insight on your strengths and weaknesses and they can use whatever ammunition they see to ***** you over. Hopefully next Neptune transit.. you will be able to focus those energies on more positive things.

Element

MaeMae

You must have really done your homework on Neptune. She and I talked a lot about pulling one another out of our darkness, the whole savior/saved thing. We're both Cancer's so there was a huge tendency to want to comfort each other. But, from the start the alarm bells were going off. I remember looking at her chart for the first time and noticed that she had Mercury conjunct Mars in Gemini and both oppose Neptune. The first thing that popped into my head was, this girl is a liar. But I just didn't want to believe it. It also didn't help that we lived so far apart. I don't think the deception would have lasted nearly as long if she lived just down the street.

Veronica

I'm sorry to hear you had a similar experience. I wouldn't wish this on anyone...well almost anyone.

For me this relationship was really like something out of a dream. The first time I went up to visit her my car broke down in Lansing, Michigan, not too far from the Canadian border. I almost turned around and went home but she urged me to still come up. So I hopped on a bus and went the rest of the way. Our first meeting was in a bus station at 3 a.m. We were both so excited to see each other. It was like in that first moment we were both suspended in time. There was only me and her in all the world. It felt so perfect that I didn't want to let anything spoil it.

You are also right about the fact that it stung a little more because I met her on an astrology forum. She really is quite adept at chart reading but I must say she never did use it against me, at least to my knowledge. But that being said, I was expecting someone who was more on my level of spirituality.

But I guess we live and learn. When this comes around again at the end of the year I'm going to be more aware and trust my instincts this time. That's really what it all boils down to. I can blame Neptune all I want but the alarm bells were going off from the start, I just ignored them.

desperateneptune

hello everyone! neptune in the 7 th opposing descendant...this ''deception'' always happens to me, items in mirror are always worse that they appear lol but i think that all of us with neptune-venus by transit or natally somehow tempt people to act like their ''ideal'' self because we offer them reward for that...our willingness to believe and our admiration.. every troubled soul finds an oasis in someone like that even if it is for a short while...imagine what it is like for a person that is considered ''problematic'' or a plain looser by his enviroment to be offered a chance to be a prince/ess by a stranger...

Venus/neptune aspects is similar to neptune in the 7th correct?
not really. remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

Neptune in 7th House – angular house
Often a strong psychic link with marriage partner. You will be easily affected by the moods and feelings of other people. You may be called upon to make sacrifices for business or marital partner. Relationships drawn to. Always looking for the IDEAL partner/mate, could well get what they wish for! Might get a clinging vine, or the opposite a very independent type spouse. Beware of self‑deception; ie wearing rose‑tinted glasses.

venus is where we give out/attract affection,love romance and also how we earn our money, and spend it

desperateneptune

so venus neptune hard aspects are actually worse than neptune in the 7th? and when our neptune is forming hard aspects with other people's personal planets who is being deceived us or they?

so venus neptune hard aspects are actually worse than neptune in the 7th? and when our neptune is forming hard aspects with other people's personal planets who is being deceived us or they?

You should really look at the chart as a WHOLE and picking out just one aspect like this can be pointless. For example what if venus receives a nice trine from saturn or uranus or pluto??

The neptune person is the one wearing rose tinted glasses :wink:

desperateneptune

I got it...that was my question -who is wearing the rose coloured glasses not the outcome...but do you think that neptunian people encourage others to act in a deceptive way?

ptolomy

My experience of the majority of Neptune people is they mean well,but cant follow through,They are not generally very reliable,the dream carries them away and before they know what's happened they've found a new butterfly to follow. I've found that the majority of the ones iv'e had bad dealings with in my life cant help the way they are,not a lot of point getting upset with them,they live in another world,If iv'e got to be with someone who's strongly neptunian ive got keep reminding myself to not get drawn into their dreams,Easier said than done of course if im having a Neptunian transit with a personal planet as i become just as Unreliable and complicit in there behaviour.
As i was born with a Neptune 2nd square Jupiter conjunct Uranus in the 11th, I used to easily be drawn into helping people out,especially financially ,who often had their own natal hard aspects from Neptune to Jupiter(extraordinary that the top 3 offenders? had squares or oppositions between Neptune and Jupiter,no coincidence in my opinion) and turned out to be unreliable as friends,they either didnt pay me back,or just abused my friendship.
Ive realised now that higher consciousness is testing me to see if i can discriminate between real need or just my fantasy.
I think top tip with Neptune,we are complicit in their dream as you say.

Ruka_5

Banned
:pinched: ....Meeting people on the internet is always a bad idea. I say this without judging you; I've done it quite a few times myself and learned the hard way. It always ends badly, with some degree of dishonesty and/or betrayal and/or some other kind of treachery from the other party.

I honestly think that anyone worth dating, you aren't going to find online, that all the people you'd want to be with, barely even use the internet, and certainly not in a social context.

And when I say 'worth dating', I don't mean it in a shallow, surface sense along the lines of looks and money, because I've met guys online who fit the so-called criteria of being a good 'catch' - successful, good-looking, well-off men - who actually turned out to have a lot of issues and be really awful people who said and did things that would make your experience sound like an absolute cakewalk by comparison. You just aren't going to find stable, decent, good people that hang out online for any real length of time.

Internet dating is definitely inherently Neptunian - or at least, the shadow side of the planet. Obviously when you aren't face to face with someone it's harder to see through their **** or see them for what they truly are - it's easier for people to present themselves as something they aren't.
Neptune definitely has a good side to it, spirituality, creativity, all that good stuff we already know about - but when it comes to online romance stuff, nine times out of ten Neptune is not going to manifest itself positively.

And I can vouch for what Astrologer 50 is saying - the person the Neptune belongs to is the one that gets taken for a ride. One of the guys had his moon near my Neptune and I definitely had rose-colored glasses on where he was concerned and never saw him clearly; another had his sun square my Neptune, conjunct my Venus and in the same sign as my vertex... I should've run screaming in the opposite direction.... :andy:

My experience of the majority of Neptune people is they mean well,but cant follow through,They are not generally very reliable,the dream carries them away and before they know what's happened they've found a new butterfly to follow. I've found that the majority of the ones iv'e had bad dealings with in my life cant help the way they are,not a lot of point getting upset with them,they live in another world,If iv'e got to be with someone who's strongly neptunian ive got keep reminding myself to not get drawn into their dreams,Easier said than done of course if im having a Neptunian transit with a personal planet as i become just as Unreliable and complicit in there behaviour.
As i was born with a Neptune 2nd square Jupiter conjunct Uranus in the 11th, I used to easily be drawn into helping people out,especially financially ,who often had their own natal hard aspects from Neptune to Jupiter(extraordinary that the top 3 offenders? had squares or oppositions between Neptune and Jupiter,no coincidence in my opinion) and turned out to be unreliable as friends,they either didnt pay me back,or just abused my friendship.
Ive realised now that higher consciousness is testing me to see if i can discriminate between real need or just my fantasy.
I think top tip with Neptune,we are complicit in their dream as you say.

beautifully put, nice one:kissing:

ptolomy

Thank you Mister Natural,
The Fabulous Furry freak brothers probably epitomises a lot of Neptunians that have gone off the rails a bit,But u gotta love em even so :)

Veronica

:pinched: ....Meeting people on the internet is always a bad idea. I say this without judging you; I've done it quite a few times myself and learned the hard way. It always ends badly, with some degree of dishonesty and/or betrayal and/or some other kind of treachery from the other party.

I honestly think that anyone worth dating, you aren't going to find online, that all the people you'd want to be with, barely even use the internet, and certainly not in a social context.

And when I say 'worth dating', I don't mean it in a shallow, surface sense along the lines of looks and money, because I've met guys online who fit the so-called criteria of being a good 'catch' - successful, good-looking, well-off men - who actually turned out to have a lot of issues and be really awful people who said and did things that would make your experience sound like an absolute cakewalk by comparison. You just aren't going to find stable, decent, good people that hang out online for any real length of time.

Internet dating is definitely inherently Neptunian - or at least, the shadow side of the planet. Obviously when you aren't face to face with someone it's harder to see through their **** or see them for what they truly are - it's easier for people to present themselves as something they aren't.
Neptune definitely has a good side to it, spirituality, creativity, all that good stuff we already know about - but when it comes to online romance stuff, nine times out of ten Neptune is not going to manifest itself positively.

And I can vouch for what Astrologer 50 is saying - the person the Neptune belongs to is the one that gets taken for a ride. One of the guys had his moon near my Neptune and I definitely had rose-colored glasses on where he was concerned and never saw him clearly; another had his sun square my Neptune, conjunct my Venus and in the same sign as my vertex... I should've run screaming in the opposite direction.... :andy:

Virtually or not.. the same can happen with someone that you've been dating by other means in Irl.. and lets not forget not all internet romances are total failures.. I do however, think dating is trickier online, than actually friendships met online, which somehow are easier to handle. Everything is virtual nowdays and most people are meeting, potential lovers online, or connecting with someone they already, ( IRL) online.

MaeMae

Banned
Quote from Element: I almost turned around and went home but she urged me to still come up. So I hopped on a bus and went the rest of the way. Our first meeting was in a bus station at 3 a.m. We were both so excited to see each other. It was like in that first moment we were both suspended in time. There was only me and her in all the world. It felt so perfect that I didn't want to let anything spoil it.

Element - Can you say, ":devil:" ?

I have been both the Neptunian victim/predator & savior/saved most of my adult life. I am chock full of fishiness and illusion, right down to progressions at current time.

Personally speaking, Neptune, IS Satan to me. Lots of folks want to treat Pluto as the culprit, but the temptation of dreams and illusions and inspiration to take just one more punch to the throat is more Neptunian than Plutonian. Neptune is the great tempter, the one who pulls the sand out from your feet, or like a riptide, while you're basking in the glory of submersion, or while gazing wistfully at the sunset.

There are a lot of Astro folks who believe Neptune is some kind of magical, artful, inspirational guru - not altogether untrue - but just wait....it never lasts without wreckage and delusion in it's wake, and it leaves us sputtering and choking and clinging for emotional life, tossed about amid the waves of reality.

But I speak of this in the form personal, natal Neptune tragic-ness. Neptune synastry is more like to trying to catch a single fish in a big pond. It can feel like your boxing in fog and shadows, and every attempt at contact or catching the object of affection seems to slip out of your hand.

I'm sure I've said enough at this point.