When horary contradicts itself

RockFish

Hi peeps,

A coupe of weeks ago, I had a positive reading to a career-related horary, and I'm really eager for the outcome to be as predicted.

Today, I asked a question as "counterproof". If I get that job, I will have to relocate to another city, so I asked if I will move there.

The Moon (ruler of the ascendant) was void.
Void Moon = Nothing will come out of it.

So, is one of these horaries contradicting the other? Or Void moon in this case, representing Me, is showing something about my attitude in all this?:rolleyes:

To sum it up, can one ask questions as "counterproof" to a horary, is this legit? And if so, what to make of a contradicting "counterproof"?

I feel that there is a right way to use horary and a wrong way, but I'm still struggling to define the boundaries between one and the other. :eek:

archergirl

The 'right' way to do horary is to actually trust the results, and not 'test' the horary. ;) That's messing with the gods, so to speak. I'm surprised you didn't get a very late degree on the Ascendant.

Also keep in mind that the world and life are not stagnant places; they shift and move and change, so what was right and correct last week may not be so this week.

But I've found that doing multiple horaries on a situation is most often a hiding to nothing, and have learned [well, mostly] to accept the first chart and wait for the results. There is a lot to be said for patience, especially in a world where everyone seems intent on instant results.

AG:)

RockFish

The 'right' way to do horary is to actually trust the results, and not 'test' the horary.
Thanks AG, that's what I wanted to know. I know I should trust and not ask the same questions (or sneaky questions associated with ther first :rolleyes:), but I'm so desperate for a change in my life, I'm so strained right now with the way I'm living and working that I'm building tons of expectations about this job..........................................

I'll follow the advice and use horary with more respect. :eek:
Thanks for your reply.:)

archergirl

We all do it. Doesn't mean we should. ;)

Sometimes the easiest way to make changes is to simply start something else; even if you have to change course again in midstream. Getting lost in confusion and desperation for change is soul-killing. I understand where you're at, quite well.

misskitty

archergirl said:
Also keep in mind that the world and life are not stagnant places; they shift and move and change, so what was right and correct last week may not be so this week.

AG, this is a question I have had about horary recently. Does the chart signify the last word, or does it only apply up until something major changes in the situation? When something major does change and directly affects the question that was asked, does a new horary need to be done at that point?

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Rockfish,
In the second chart you say the moon was void of course. This can sometimes mean the chart is not radical (ie you may not ask the question at that time). It only proves the rules of horary to be valid-one cannot ask the same question again until a long time has passed, or something has radically changed).Trust the first chart.
Cheers
Lillyjgc

RockFish

Thanks Lilly, that's great to know. :)

Guess I will have to focus only on biting my fingernails then, no more fiddling with horary till the next stage.:rolleyes:

Spungie

archergirl said:
The 'right' way to do horary is to actually trust the results, and not 'test' the horary. ;) That's messing with the gods, so to speak. I'm surprised you didn't get a very late degree on the Ascendant.

Like it AG ;)

I belive, Rockfish, that the world is a reflection of our attitudes (wich are a reflection of the world (HUH?)). This includes horary and oracles.

As AG says what is right and wrong is more fluid than our minds would have us belive. What you truly believe deep inside has perhaps changed (and so have the stars), changes are required so that we may experience as much as possible.

I would think that every horary is equally relavent. It tells you the truth at that time and that place. But remember, if you ask the same question too many times and try to juggle the results, your confusion will probably come back at you. This can lead to greater confusion. If this happens, break the cycle with a totally new approach (like not horary...ing anymore).

I know thats not a very astrological answer I apologise.
I'm not actually that exprienced at horary astrology yet :eek:

Perhaps you get the job but dont move there?

tikana

hi

very good question if you ask me

i had seen this a few times even on my own charts.
The charts will yield the same answer. Just because moon is void it does not mean no. i would pay attention to antiscias and where the moon is ... sometimes moon void represents "nothing to worry about" rather than "nothing will happen"

if you have both charts, it would be very interesting to look at, IMO

cheers
T

RockFish

Unfortunately, when I saw the void moon I shut the Solarfire window off in a rage... :p

I'll try to re-cast the chart using the description of my first post here. It was 5 april 2009, and the ascendant was Cancer ("Moon, ruler of the ascendant...") I'm sure Ascendant wasn't late nor early, otherwise I would mention it, because it's the first thing I look.

The first horary is here:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee229/mchelo/ofichan.jpg?t=1237992386

Here's a discussion of the first horary:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15489

I'll see if I can remember the exact ascendant in the second chart, and I'll post it here.

tikana

Rockfish

theoritically speaking, both charts should yield the same answer.. maybe you overlooking something in both charts

T