Do semi-sextiles work in horary?

triplecancer

Hello,

Recently I did a horary chart about a short trip (to the beach), and the querent and quesited applied by semi-sextile, moon was not making an aspect to quesited and the answer turned out to be a yes (though there was a small interruption during the trip, I had to go back home for one day).

Now I've asked "Will I get the job?". Sun (job) is applying by sextile to Mars (me). Do you consider Saturn to be getting in the way by Sun applying to it by semi-sextile before it reaches Mars? Should I consider this semi-sextile?

I always thought that minor aspects didn't work with horary, but since it worked for me recently, I don't know how to interpret this question now.

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

Attachments

• horary chart.jpg
    horary chart.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 39

IleneK

Premium Member
Semi-sextiles work, but perhaps not in the way you are thinking...

The semi-sextile, a planet one sign away from another, is not a traditional aspect used in horary: the ptolemaic aspects, conjunction, sextile, square, trine and opposition are used.

In fact in horary, what moderns call the semi-sextile indicates lack of connection and as such is referred to as disjunct, [contrasted to conjunct]. When a planet is either one sign [or five signs] apart, it suggests that the parties cannot "see" each other, do not see eye to eye. It is not favorable.

Last edited:

Aria Venue

1.only Ptolemaic--aspects in horary, viz.conjunctions, sextiles, squares, trines, and oppositions.also antiscia/contrantiscia, but they cannot prohibit bodily aspects. There are some events sports charts however (horse races) where non-Ptolemaic--aspects are used, according to specific teqniques
2.the chart you are referring to is not here so obviously i cannot comment on what you saw
3.in this chart you cant say that sun will sextile mars cause mars will change sign before sun aspects him.
what we have here is that moon will tol sun to saturn .so the moon connects saturn to sun, not sun to mars.Also check always of collection, translation of light especially when a planet is retrograde
nevertheless this job=l10=sun is a very bad job, sun in his detriment , though soon its going to turn better by leaving aquarious his detriment , still enter peregrine in pisces.

Last edited:

triplecancer

Thank you Aria. That was very clear.

It seems like 99% of the time, answers to my questions are not favorable. It's so difficult for matters to perfect.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you Aria. That was very clear.

It seems like 99% of the time, answers to my questions are not favorable. It's so difficult for matters to perfect.

I think your observation is correct. Perhaps not 99%, but certainly way more frequently than not, the answer is unfavorable.

I am just speculating here, but I think it is because people don't ask questions about potentially favorable matters. They ask questions when the potential outcome is scary or disturbing or discouraging. And so these matters tend to have a self-selected negative outcome built into them by their very nature.