2 Yods in a natal chart (Mars and Neptune Apex)

Verich

2 Yods in a natal chart ??

Hi! I've been trying to understand the yods configurations in my chart, but I'm still learning astrology and Yods are quite difficult to decipher, so I wanted to ask for someone else's opinion.

In the first Yod my Rx Mars (5th house, Gemini) should be the apex planet.

My Sun and Venus (10th house, Scorpio) are conjunct and they both sexile my ASC and Neptune (1st house Capricorn).
All of them then quincunx Mars :andy:
I also feel that Mars being a singleton in Air might be relevant??

The other Yod has Neptune and my ASC at the apex.
Jupiter (7th house, Leo) and Mars are the legs of the Yod this time.

I'm asking for your opinions because sometimes I do have that feeling I'm supposed do "something" and NO IDEA what that is. It's frustrating and tbh depressing. I do feel it is difficult to deal with my Mars gemini energy. If I'm not multitasking or having multiple projects I'm not happy or feel like I'm doing nothing and feel "guilty". At the same time I want to slow things down as well and not be always as "productive", just take my time. I don't know if this is relative only the Yod or to something else in my chart but I think this could be it.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_veronica_i.46329.30357.png
    astro_w2gw_veronica_i.46329.30357.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 81
  • yod.PNG
    yod.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Scorpio90

Re: 2 Yods in a natal chart ??

Hello I have the same natal chart as you, except the moon, I have the same yods .. I have never been able to find a meaning, and I feel the same with mars in gemini, besides ... I am a person who wants to do everything, that is. If I have 2 plans I want both and when I do one I regret not having done the other .. crazy

InfoOverload2

Hi! I've been trying to understand the yods configurations in my chart, but I'm still learning astrology and Yods are quite difficult to decipher, so I wanted to ask for someone else's opinion.

In the first Yod my Rx Mars (5th house, Gemini) should be the apex planet.

My Sun and Venus (10th house, Scorpio) are conjunct and they both sexile my ASC and Neptune (1st house Capricorn).
All of them then quincunx Mars :andy:
I also feel that Mars being a singleton in Air might be relevant??

The other Yod has Neptune and my ASC at the apex.
Jupiter (7th house, Leo) and Mars are the legs of the Yod this time.

I'm asking for your opinions because sometimes I do have that feeling I'm supposed do "something" and NO IDEA what that is. It's frustrating and tbh depressing. I do feel it is difficult to deal with my Mars gemini energy. If I'm not multitasking or having multiple projects I'm not happy or feel like I'm doing nothing and feel "guilty". At the same time I want to slow things down as well and not be always as "productive", just take my time. I don't know if this is relative only the Yod or to something else in my chart but I think this could be it.
I'm asking for your opinions because sometimes I do have that feeling I'm supposed do "something" and NO IDEA what that is. It's frustrating and tbh depressing. I do feel it is difficult to deal with my Mars gemini energy. If I'm not multitasking or having multiple projects I'm not happy or feel like I'm doing nothing and feel "guilty". At the same time I want to slow things down as well and not be always as "productive", just take my time. I don't know if this is relative only the Yod or to something else in my chart but I think this could be it.[/QUOTE]

The 5th house is the house leisure, freedom, "do as I want". I have a packed 5th house with a YOD going from my 10th house (just like you), 3rd house and then the 5th.

I attached my chart only because YODs are so personal and you're going to have to connect your own dots in the end to have the AHA on yours.

For me, I have a stellium in the 10th house/gemini. The 10th IS related to career and status but it is also helpful to think of it as the house of reputation. Having Sun in the 10th house (of Leo) I want to be the shining wonder and I do a good job of gaining status in reputation and also getting work and just being a person everyone likes...however...my 5th house hinders my 10th house potential because literally I want to be a free bird. I don't want to work, even though I'm 100% capable of having a good career. Also, I am 100% capable of gaining status, but again..the 5th house and Pluto in the 3rd house creates in me a "crash, burn, rebuild" mentality.

So what happens is that I am also looking for a new start because I have burned all of my bridges not giving a fck about anything except my own comfort - whether this be through drugs, food, daydreaming (Neptune in the 5th). With Saturn in the 5th, it has caused issues with my physical body and appearance..I have skin issues and endocrine issues that just make me uncomfortable and has created embarrassing moments in my life. Again the 5th house is the house of lazy, I've experienced limitations to my image, career, and status simply put because of being lazy.

Pluto in the 3rd is a deep eye for the dark side of life. Think of people who love watching Serial Killer movies...but not to revel in killing but because there is just an alluring nature to the mind of the crazed and sick. Pluto in the 3rd may also touch on overly sexual natures. I was a hyper sexual child..like kindergarden. This is controversial but it is what it is. I was born this way.

These personal themes allow for me to paint my own picture. The YOD tells me I have to find solutions. I have to find a way to fulfill my 10th house needs (Sun and Moon here), AND unfortunately I can not deny the reality of my 3rd and 5th house.

The YOD is about finding your "sweet spot" in this life because it's the only way anything will truly work how you want it to. Without finding your special balance, you will end up eternally unsatisfied. There will be happy times (maybe), but happy as a state of being may be out of reach until you point this things out and be honest with yourself about what you need.

Attachments

• Mychart123.jpg
    Mychart123.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 70

InfoOverload2

And actually looking at your chart, you have 3 YODS.

YOD 1: Trine: Sun sextile Neptune, Apex: Mars. This means Sun and Neptune are inconjunct Mars
YOD 2: Venus sextile Neptune, Apex: Mars. Means Venus and Neptune are inconjunct Mars
YOD 3: Jupiter sextile Mars, Apex: Neptune. Means Jupiter , a long with Mars and Venus are inconjunct Neptune.

I'm still looking at your chart but will come back with comments. It's an interesting chart.

Can you tell me how you identify with Neptune in the 1st? Also has Saturn in the 1st given you weight issues?

Okay I've looked over your chart. I can guess what issues you may have faced but with the YOD it is so important to track your own life themes.

You need to really pay attention to transits that hit this points in your chart:
Sun/Neptune & Venus/Neptune Inconjunct: 13 Sag 01' 59
Dates of Recent Transits:
Saturn was right on this point from December 2015 - April 2016. Strongest days were January 13th - January 30th of 2016.
Mercury in Sag: (I felt this one for my YOD) - November 2017 - January 2018. Strong dates for you: November 13th through the 19th, 2017.

Mars/Jupiter Inconjunct: 12 Can 36' 54"
Dates of recent Transits:
Jupiter in Cancer aspecting your midpoint from April 2014 - mid may 2014 were the strongest. April 18th through the April 24th were the most strongest times
Mercury in Cancer: June 22nd- July 7th 2017

There have been many other really important YOD transits throughout your life. I attached your midpoint guide (that has interpretation) and also an ephemeris from astro.com. You can look at this chart and search for anything planets in Cancer, or Sag, going over those midpoint marks to help you piece things together.

Attachments

• astro_d5eph10_me.82743.19314.pdf
    542.1 KB · Views: 43
  • VeronicaMidPoint Interpretations.pdf
    417.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Verich

Hello I have the same natal chart as you, except the moon, I have the same yods .. I have never been able to find a meaning, and I feel the same with mars in gemini, besides ... I am a person who wants to do everything, that is. If I have 2 plans I want both and when I do one I regret not having done the other .. crazy

Yes, that's exactly it! If I decide to focus on one of the two plans I start thinking and worrying about the other one and doubting my decision. And this can be frustrating because I know my potential :tongue: Thanks!

The 5th house is the house leisure, freedom, "do as I want". I have a packed 5th house with a YOD going from my 10th house (just like you), 3rd house and then the 5th.

I attached my chart only because YODs are so personal and you're going to have to connect your own dots in the end to have the AHA on yours.

For me, I have a stellium in the 10th house/gemini. The 10th IS related to career and status but it is also helpful to think of it as the house of reputation. Having Sun in the 10th house (of Leo) I want to be the shining wonder and I do a good job of gaining status in reputation and also getting work and just being a person everyone likes...however...my 5th house hinders my 10th house potential because literally I want to be a free bird. I don't want to work, even though I'm 100% capable of having a good career. Also, I am 100% capable of gaining status, but again..the 5th house and Pluto in the 3rd house creates in me a "crash, burn, rebuild" mentality.

So what happens is that I am also looking for a new start because I have burned all of my bridges not giving a fck about anything except my own comfort - whether this be through drugs, food, daydreaming (Neptune in the 5th). With Saturn in the 5th, it has caused issues with my physical body and appearance..I have skin issues and endocrine issues that just make me uncomfortable and has created embarrassing moments in my life. Again the 5th house is the house of lazy, I've experienced limitations to my image, career, and status simply put because of being lazy.

Pluto in the 3rd is a deep eye for the dark side of life. Think of people who love watching Serial Killer movies...but not to revel in killing but because there is just an alluring nature to the mind of the crazed and sick. Pluto in the 3rd may also touch on overly sexual natures. I was a hyper sexual child..like kindergarden. This is controversial but it is what it is. I was born this way.

These personal themes allow for me to paint my own picture. The YOD tells me I have to find solutions. I have to find a way to fulfill my 10th house needs (Sun and Moon here), AND unfortunately I can not deny the reality of my 3rd and 5th house.

The YOD is about finding your "sweet spot" in this life because it's the only way anything will truly work how you want it to. Without finding your special balance, you will end up eternally unsatisfied. There will be happy times (maybe), but happy as a state of being may be out of reach until you point this things out and be honest with yourself about what you need.

Wow, thank you for the insight. I have now a clearer image of how yod works. I do relate to a lot of things you've written like your 10th and 5th house insight as well as that of your Pluto obviously. My experience with having a stellium in 10th house and mars in 5th house is like having a lot of energy but being very volatile with it? One day I might work 12 hours nonstop and other days I might just feel very drained, lazy. I'm also very ambitious and when I was younger I used to feel very disappointed when I didn't meet my own or other's expectations.
My sun-neptune-mars yod might mean that I've got to meet the needs of my 5th house at the apex (no wonder I do have artistic/creative hobbies and I do use them for stress relief from work), while still caring for my 10th house and 1st house needs. So basically get a bit more loose and less controlling, going with the flow and feeling free, while still paying attention to myself and my professional image. At this point I'm thinking of being my own boss tbh.
I'm going to reasearch on the other two yods as well and try to report how I think they work for me and my experience.

My experience with Neptune in the 1st house is strange since it is also conjunct with my ASC and Saturn is in there as well.
I do think Neptune pushes me to a lot of self searching and to identity issues... who I am? What I like and what I don't? How do I want to impact the world?...Just a lot of introspection and defining what is me and what isn't (other people project things on me sometimes and it's probably amplyfied because of the conj. with my asc). I used to be a people pleaser when I was a child to avoid arguments or just because I liked to 'please' others, or to not be a 'burden'. I've had to learn how to be vocal about my likes and dislikes and have no fear in disagreeing. In my opinion Neptune in the 1st house challenges your relationship with the 'self' and the 'others' because it blurs the lines, so you have to be self aware.

Other little things I attribute to my Neptune is zoning out, daydreaming and very vivid dreams (which I attribute to neptune and not on my other water influences since the vibe in VERY different, I don't know if I'm making any sense).

Saturn in the 1st house, hmm I've never had weight issues. I'm italian and as you can imagine we like to eat. My relatives and people like to comment on my weight without being even prompted, because I'm fit. It's awkward sometimes because to me is just no big deal.

For what regards the transits:

Saturn/December 2015 - April 2016: those few months have been a rollercoaster.
A very dear person to me has passed away in December 2015 and January was a moth of grief for me. In another thread someone mentions they believe sometimes yods do appear by transits in the charts of people when a loved one dies. In March 2016 I've finally found a job and that was the best thing that could happen to me tbh. Fun fact is, this job was based on comunication and talking, and my mars is in gemini afterall.

Mercury in Sag/November 2017 - January 2018: November was my birthday, lots of reflecting on the last 10 years and wow I did feel those days from November 13th through the 19th.

Jupiter in Cancer/April 2014 - mid may 2014: I had just started an internship in March that then ended in June 2014, and those have been very formative moths.

Mercury in Cancer/June 22nd- July 7th 2017: I was finally able to make a trip I had been wanting to make since I was 16.

This is simply incredible....each of these transits mark some of the best or most challenging times I've had these recent years. This is scarily accurate. Thank you very much!

According to Huber astrology, you have what is known as a "bathtub" aspect pattern.

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-22638.html
Oh, very interesting, I'm going to do a research and come back on it. Thank you very much!!

Last edited:

ardentika

A "real" Yod consits the sextile planets must be outer, and the apex planet must be inner.
Everything else is not a true Yod. I know one person in my life who has a real yod, with base planets Neptune/Uranus sext. Pluto all inconj. Mars. Now this is heavy ****.
There is something special about that person, you can truly feel the "Finger of God" in them. Simply because it's energy coming from two supporting each other outer planets that direct themselves to a personal planet, closer to us.

In my opinion everything else that doesn't fit the criteria should not be considered as a true yod. Neptune/Pluto to Mars is a legit Yod. And not an easy one. So technically you have ONE yod that's the cause of your scattered energy. The rest can be read as inconjunctions.

I believe people with Yods in their chart have great potential in life to become something quite amazing. I believe they are people with a mission indeed that they spend quite a lot of time looking for that particular spiritual mission. They are people that need ourside help the most, and a mentor, but refuse it the most. Generally warrior souls I'd say. A true Yod is highly spiritual pattern.

dhundhun

Two YODs in this configuration is called "YOD TRAPEZIUM". Prioritize in this order.

Square will dominate. Sun/Venus square Jupiter will be felt more. That is relationship and career crossing each other.

Due to Yod configuration health is likely to have problems. Maintain best dietary habits.

Mars and fifth house issue needs more skilful attention.