People who are attracted to partners who are very different

wan

Hello. This is an interesting topic to me. You know how there are people who are attracted to partners who are very dissimilar? I wonder what astrological placement/s can give rise to this.

One thing that they probably have is an intercepted sign in one of the relationship houses. For example, maybe they have Cancer on the descendant. So, naturally, they are attracted to soft, tender-hearted, romantic, moody, vulnerable partners. However, Leo is intercepted in the 7th house. So anyone with important planets in Leo will also fall in their 7th house. Therefore, they will also be attracted to those who are bold, outgoing, confident, flashy, flamboyant. Obviously these two types of people are vastly different. And this is how someone can be said to fall in love with or even marry those whose personalities seem as different as day and night.

Do you think my theory makes sense? What is your theory?

Last edited:

comdoc

Opposition aspect is the most powerful attractor to others who are different. ASC=DESC fits "those personalities seem as different as night and day". I have a Leo stellium and ASC with Aqua DESC. My former fiance has Aqua ASC and Leo Moon and DESC. Instant attraction with glorious sexualove and bonding.

Opposite Moon's Nodes and Vertex/Antivertex are other powerful attraction examples. Your past and their future meets in the NOW.

Planet pairs such as Sun/Moon and Venus/Mars in synastry conjunction (most powerful aspect) also create powerful dissimilar attraction.

In your example with Leo intercepted in 7H, those with Leo placements fulfill a NEED: more powerful than Cancer placements alone.

Starfall

Hi,

I was just listening to some music from other cultures and I was remembering the different dates/relationships I've had. I'm painfully disinterested in my own culture, and I've dated mostly from other cultures, from across the world. I can't imagine me ever settling with someone from the same culture.

I'm not sure how much I can offer in terms of theory. For sure I can relate to the strong Uranus aspects. That can involve rejecting the 'normal' and seeking the 'different'. A highlighted Sagittarius or Jupiter also, because there's an appreciation of foreign cultures.

I just thought I'd add - as I realised that the above are quite interlocked in my case. Uranus is conjunct my Lord 7 natally and both are placed in Sagittarius. Well, enough said haha.

Last edited:

wan

Thanks to all for participating in my thread.

I just realized that I wasn't being very clear in my original post. I meant to say that people who are attracted to partners who are very dissimilar from each other (the latter), I did not mean that people who are attracted to those who are different from they (the former) themselves. Basically folks who have "types" that are very varied.

Hope this clears it up.

Last edited:

comdoc

OIC. Starfall and aquarius7000 called attention to Sagittarius and Gemini. Mutable signs tend to be flexible in acceptance of many types of partners. My own Gemini 11H and Sagittarius 5H is a prime example.

aquarius7000

Thanks to all for participating in my thread.

I just realized that I wasn't being very clear in my original post. I meant to say that people who are attracted to partners who are very dissimilar from each other (the latter), I did not mean that people who are attracted to those who are different from they (the former) themselves. Basically folks who have "types" that are very varied.

Hope this clears it up.

I don't think one could pick any one sign there. One would basically need to look at the 7th ruler and see how it is aspected. For instance, say Leo ruled it, you would need to look at it the likes of Mars or Jup are aspecting it, which would make one more experimental, but also daring to try out something new. Merc. actually might also make one do that. I would think if any one of these planets ruled the 7th directly, the same effect could be there.