Firdaria ruler unaspected?

Chrysalis

I'm currently in a Saturn/Jupiter firdaria period. Jupiter kicked in, in March this year.

I'm struggling to understand how my Jupiter period is going to manifest due to this...

My natal Jupiter is my Asc ruler, is in sect in a day chart, is exalted in Cancer, (using whole signs) is in the 8th house, is at 28 Cancer, which is in aversion to my 29 degree Saggitarius Ascendant and is unaspected (apart from trine/sextile to the nodes).

Jupiter seems good in a way but being in aversion to the Asc, being my Asc ruler and having no aspects to other planets, has me confused as to how this period will be?

CapAquaPis

Learned something new in astrology tonight, Firdaria...and I looked up my own aspects with the Firdaria calculator. Currently, from Feb 15, 2020-Sep 11, 2021 it is under Saturn/Saturn (currently in Capricorn about to transit into Aquarius). Saturn in my 40s age range lasts 11 years to the age of 51 (Saturn/Moon from July 21, 2029 to Feb 15, 2031, the Moon in signs Sagittarius/Capricorn on July 21, 2029 and again Feb 15, 2031). Firdarias last 104 years: two periods of Sun, Venus and Mercury: one in your first 3 and last 3 decades of your life, symbolized by their duality "AM and PM" sun, Venus as an "AM and PM" star and Mercury as an "AM and PM" planet. Not many people live to be 100 and more years old, but would the Moon be represented if someone can live up 9 more years to rare cases to be 113 years old?

Last edited:

sworm09

I'm currently in a Saturn/Jupiter firdaria period. Jupiter kicked in, in March this year.

I'm struggling to understand how my Jupiter period is going to manifest due to this...

My natal Jupiter is my Asc ruler, is in sect in a day chart, is exalted in Cancer, (using whole signs) is in the 8th house, is at 28 Cancer, which is in aversion to my 29 degree Saggitarius Ascendant and is unaspected (apart from trine/sextile to the nodes).

Jupiter seems good in a way but being in aversion to the Asc, being my Asc ruler and having no aspects to other planets, has me confused as to how this period will be?

I want to preface this by saying that I haven't had much luck with Firdaria, but the same rules apply.

What's going on with your profections and solar return this year? What were Saturn and Jupiter doing in your solar return chart? If you start to see the same planets pop up over and over again, you'll be able to narrow down what may happen. Firdaria is one of the many considerations when it comes to timing techniques.

Without your chart, I can say some general things about your Jupiter. First of all whatever event its talking about will be personal to you and your health or personal goals, since he rules your Ascendant. Being in the 8th is interesting. Cancer is a good sign for Jupiter in a day chart. A good cookie-cutter interpretation is that you'll benefit from 8th house things, which could mean a ton of different things. It could indicate benefits from death, like inheritances or close dealings with the dead. Since the 8th is opposite the 2nd, it could mean an uptick in your finances. Since your Jupiter is in Cancer and rules your Ascendant, I'm inclined to think that it indicates protection from otherwise physically dangerous circumstances, like situations where most people die or are injured but you come out ok. Opposing the 2nd, ruling the 1st, and being exalted in Cancer in a day chart leads me to think that Jupiter is a bro in this chart...constantly looking out for your physical and financial wellbeing. Of course other factors in your chart could completely invalidate this and make it more temporary and fleeting.

There's tons of things it could mean, so you'll need to look at your profections, solar return, and even transits to kind of see if anything is going to happen with it.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

I keep forgetting to relate it back to my SR. This is my current SR with Jupiter prominent in the 1st house. [Deleted reference to Neptune, which is not allowed on the Traditional Astrology board. - Moderator]

astro_32gw_chrysalis_201958.74671.48750_LI.jpg

"I'm inclined to think that it indicates protection from otherwise physically dangerous circumstances, like situations where most people die or are injured but you come out ok."

Maybe this relates to coronavirus, I'm sure I've had it, my throat felt really dodgy one evening, but the next day i was fine.

Financial wise nothing has changed and I'm not expecting any inheritance as i have no family to get this from.

I'm currently awaiting the manifestation of transit Jupiter which will oppose my natal Jupiter @ 27'53 Cancer. At the same time the nodes will be crossing my 29+ Sagg Asc/Dsc.

Last edited by a moderator:

sworm09

I keep forgetting to relate it back to my SR. This is my current SR with Jupiter prominent in the 1st house.

"I'm inclined to think that it indicates protection from otherwise physically dangerous circumstances, like situations where most people die or are injured but you come out ok."

Maybe this relates to coronavirus, I'm sure I've had it, my throat felt really dodgy one evening, but the next day i was fine.

Financial wise nothing has changed and I'm not expecting any inheritance as i have no family to get this from.

I'm currently awaiting the manifestation of transit Jupiter which will oppose my natal Jupiter @ 27'53 Cancer. At the same time the nodes will be crossing my 29+ Sagg Asc/Dsc.

Maybe. Jupiter ruling the SR Asc and being in it repeats a theme of good health and general well being. T. Jupiter opposite Jupiter might trigger something, who knows. Something I've noticed with transits is that they sometimes indicate things that start which you have no awareness of, but eventually become significant.

This is most likely due to the benefit of hindsight, but looking back at my own transits, I've seen times when the transits go exact on the DAY something significant started even though I had no idea that I was starting anything important at the time or that what at the time seemed like a routine, normal event would later become significant. I think this is what makes prediction so difficult, often times the charts are referring to things that we have very little awareness of until they become significant years later. The last time one of my natal benefics became a time lord, a series of events transpired and led to me getting an abnormally large raise and a promotion. The day that the series of events started a transit with that time lord went exact, and I remember being upset that nothing happened. Looking back it's right there in my face. I even remember saying when doing my yearly analysis "Hmm, this looks like a positive year for me career-wise", but little did I know that everything would come to fruition right before the period of the time lord ended.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

The last time one of my natal benefics became a time lord, a series of events transpired and led to me getting an abnormally large raise and a promotion. The day that the series of events started a transit with that time lord went exact, and I remember being upset that nothing happened. Looking back it's right there in my face. I even remember saying when doing my yearly analysis "Hmm, this looks like a positive year for me career-wise", but little did I know that everything would come to fruition right before the period of the time lord ended.

Hmm, interesting.

Was your time lord for this period an in sect planet?

I remember coming across another post [on here] once, about someone who had Mars as his sub-period time lord. He was in a Mercury/Mars period and was unable to get work, no matter how hard he tried.

The reason being was that his natal mars was out of sect being in a diurnal chart, so was the most troublesome planet for him, in his natal 12th house of Gemini and Mercury mars's ruler was conjunct his MC.

He then went onto say that when his Sun was his sub-period, this was the happiest time of his life. The reason being is his Sun was angular in the 10th house dignified in Aries and in a trine to Saturn/Pof.

That's why I'm confused with my sub period ruler Jupiter as it makes or receives no aspects, apart from the nodes.

Last edited:

sworm09

Hmm, interesting.

Was your time lord for this period an in sect planet?

I remember coming across another post [on here] once, about someone who had Mars as his sub-period time lord. He was in a Mercury/Mars period and was unable to get work, no matter how hard he tried.

The reason being was that his natal mars was out of sect being in a diurnal chart, so was the most troublesome planet for him, in his natal 12th house of Gemini and Mercury mars's ruler was conjunct his MC.

He then went onto say that when his Sun was his sub-period, this was the happiest time of his life. The reason being is his Sun was angular in the 10th house dignified in Aries and in a trine to Saturn/Pof.

That's why I'm confused with my sub period ruler Jupiter as it makes or receives no aspects, apart from the nodes.

It was my sect benefic, Jupiter.

Aspects don't really determine a planet's productiveness as far as events go. I think that has more to do with things like angularity and dignity. Aspects however ARE super relevant when the two planets in aspect become time lords during the same period. So if your natal Jupiter were to square Saturn, this Saturn/Jupiter period of yours would active that natal square.

Jupiter not having aspects just means you'll have to focus on his house rulerships, location, and sign. Also when you say no aspects, do you mean degree based ones? Or is Jupiter in aversion to every planet in the chart by whole sign? Cause then we might have a problem. :whistling:

On the other hand, are there any planets in the whole sign angles from Jupiter? That could make a massive difference, especially if it’s Mars.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

It was my sect benefic, Jupiter.

Aspects don't really determine a planet's productiveness as far as events go. I think that has more to do with things like angularity and dignity. Aspects however ARE super relevant when the two planets in aspect become time lords during the same period. So if your natal Jupiter were to square Saturn, this Saturn/Jupiter period of yours would active that natal square.

Jupiter not having aspects just means you'll have to focus on his house rulerships, location, and sign. Also when you say no aspects, do you mean degree based ones? Or is Jupiter in aversion to every planet in the chart by whole sign? Cause then we might have a problem. :whistling:

On the other hand, are there any planets in the whole sign angles from Jupiter? That could make a massive difference, especially if it’s Mars.

Yes Jupiters my sect benefic too, i so wish i would get something as positive as you did from this sub-period.

Well Jupiter's dignities is the best i have in my chart, an in sect benefic exalted in Cancer, but (using whole signs) is in the 8th house (Placidus 7th).

The only thing my natal Jupiter has a connection with is the nodes a close trine to the SN and sextile to the NN. But if we also can use antisica, Jupiter is by antiscia conjunct my natal moon (Jupiter 27'53 Cancer, Moon 3'57 Gemini), my natal moon is square my Virgo sun/Saturn conjunction. So maybe this is the clue?

When i say no aspects, yes i mean degree based ones. The nearest orb is 18 degrees Libra, but for me that's too much of a stretch for an aspect. [deleted non-traditional asteroid mention - Moderator]

Jupiters not in aversion to planets by whole sign, it's just the stretch of degrees, that's what makes me view it as unaspected. I've got venus/mars in libra, square Jupiter by sign.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapAquaPis

The word "Firdaria" means planetary period. Each period of life falls under rulership of planets as chronocrators (givers of life).

If a person is born throughout a day (diurnal chart) the sequence of rulership is the Sun. If a person is born throughout a night (nocturnal chart) the sequence begins with the moon.

Each period is divided into 7: For the Sun firdaria: Sun or Moon (depends on your birth time), Venus, Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter and Mars.

A person's Firdaria periods throughout their lives:
Sun - First 10 years, Venus-8, Mercury-13, Moon-9, Saturn-11, Jupiter-12, Mars-7, North Node-3, South Node-2, Sun(2)-10, Venus(2)-8, Mercury (2)-13 and Moon(2)?

I have a hunch ascendant should be the first part of each firdaria period, like Cancer, this is a personal point equally important like the sun and moon signs.