Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017

!4C

The catch phrase seems a little dramatic :lol:, but that is what they're calling it.

August 21 2017, 18:30 UT
@ 28º52' Leo
Duration: 2.67 minutes
Soros Series 145 (1N Brady)
NASA Maps
Other Timing Maps

- The eclipse will be conjunct Donald Trump's natal ascendant, mars and regulus. This natal placement brings great success, but I'm not sure if a total solar eclipse on regulus will be good or bad.

- It will oppose the moon in the Sibly chart for the USA. The moon represents citizens in a mundane chart.

- Mercury will pass over the eclipse point on july, 25th. It will retrograde back to station on eclipse point in the first week of september. Mars will conjunct mercury at the beginning of the station, so the beginning of september looks like a significant activation period.

Last edited:

AJ Astrology

The catch phrase seems a little dramatic :lol:, but that is what they're calling it.

August 21 2017, 18:30 UT
@ 28º52' Leo
Duration: 2.67 minutes
Soros Series 145 (1N Brady)
NASA Maps
Other Timing Maps

- The eclipse will be conjunct Donald Trump's natal ascendant, mars and regulus. This natal placement brings great success, but I'm not sure if a total solar eclipse on regulus will be good or bad.

Leo generally represents royalty or high power. I don't see the eclipse taking place in the king's/president's 12th House of enemies and sorrows as a positive thing.

- It will oppose the moon in the Sibly chart for the USA. The moon represents citizens in a mundane chart.

I don't recognize the Sibly Chart as legitimate.

- Mercury will pass over the eclipse point on july, 25th. It will retrograde back to station on eclipse point in the first week of september. Mars will conjunct mercury at the beginning of the station, so the beginning of september looks like a significant activation period.

I don't see the relevance of that. The eclipse ruler is the Sun, and the Sun is affected only by the North Node and the Moon. Mars in the day-time is malevolent, so I wouldn't expect the conjunction to be positive.

JUPITERASC

Leo generally represents royalty or high power.
I don't see the eclipse taking place in the king's/president's 12th House of enemies and sorrows
as a positive thing.

I don't recognize the Sibly Chart as legitimate.
USA CHARTS THE ULTIMATE DEBATE :smile:
at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947&highlight=ultimate
I reject the 1776 date. The two primary reasons are that:

1) If astrology is a science, then it must act like a science and be consistent in its application. If we create new natal charts for countries like Iran, Russia, Romania, China etc, because they have new constitutions, then we must be consistent and create a new natal chart for the US when it changes constitutions; and

2) setting aside ethnocentricity and romantic fantasy, it's historically inaccurate. The Declaration of Independence did nothing more than create 13 separate countries, and it repeatedly says so.

The biggest problem seems to be confusing the phrase "United States" which NEVER appears in the Declaration of Independence with the phrase "united States" which appears a couple of times.

The colonies were united only in their desire to be independent of Britain. They had no desire to be unified. Later, when they did unifiy, it was solely for the purposes of self-defence and the maintenance of diplomatic relations with other countries. Each state continued to print its own currency and run its own affairs independently.

In looking for a "better" natal chart for the US, I've researched a number of legitimate dates and times through 1791, and oddly, nearly all have produced a chart with Sagittarius rising.

I'm convinced that Sagittarius is the correct rising sign and history proves it quite well.

For example, with Virgo on the MC and Libra on the 11th House cusp, we find the early US on friendly terms with native Americans, purchasing land rather than taking it by force, or entering into treaties with native Americans which the US does not violate. We also find the "peace at any price" Libra government paying huge bribes to Britain and France not to harass US commerical or naval vessels, and the US pays an annual tribute to the Barabary Coast States of $Millions (in 1790 US Dollars not adjusted US Dollars) for nearly a decade to not attack US merchant ships in the Mediterranean.

Then suddenly things change. The US stops paying bribes to Britain and France and ends up at war with Britain, and stops paying the annual tribute to the Barbary Coast States, sending the marines to invade those countries (that's the "...shores of Tripoli..." part of the Marine Hymn). The attitude toward native Americans has changed, too, and the US is more violent, willing to use force to drive native Americans off of land rather than purchasing it or negotiating treaties for its use.

In a Sagittarius rising chart, that's easily explained by a progressed or directed Ascendant and changing house cusps, as well as the progression of planets.

The outer planet transits also match a Sagittarius rising chart beautifully. Uranus in the 4th House when the US experiences bizarre weather phenomenon that destroys crops and causes strife can be seen in the 1930s, again in the 1840s, and progressing the chart prior to birth, in the 1760s, the 1680s and even the 1590s.

The transit of Pluto fits exceptionally well, not only with respect to the Great Depression and other significant events, but also for delienating generations of Americans. Between the "Baby Boomers" and the "Me Generation," the "Tweeners" are clearly seen as Neptune changes houses.

I've had to reject numerous charts, but I'm having great success with the current chart I'm using. It's based on the passage of a law creating the Constitutional Convention at "just before day's end" on June 19, 1786 at Federal Hall in New York City. "Day's end" for the Congress of the Articles of Confederation while in session was 6:00 pm (although sometimes heated debates lasted much later). The rectified birth time best fits 5:54 pm.

Chart is marked by a Kite configuration with a Grand Trine between Neptune, Pluto and Mercury, with Mars in the 8th House opposing Pluto and sextiling Mercury and Neptune. The other outstanding feature is Sun in the 7th House square Midheaven (all orbs about 1 degree). Another interesting aspect is Saturn conjunct Pluto in the 2nd House (orb about 2 degrees).

I've worked quite a bit on US natal charts because I have a tremendous curiousity for the future and finding the correct birth time is probably the Holy Grail of mundane astrology.

JUPITERASC

I don't see the relevance of that. The eclipse ruler is the Sun,
and the Sun is affected only by the North Node and the Moon.
Mars in the day-time is malevolent,
so I wouldn't expect the conjunction to be positive.
keep in mind that
ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree recur at intervals :smile:
and
a previous SOLAR ECLIPSE on this degree
occurred on 21 August 1998

Eclipse effects ARE NOT NECESSARILY 'disastrous'
but they are certainly linked with change

such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes
and so on

An eclipse does not necessarily affect everyone,
only those whose natal charts are connected to it
by aspect to their natal planets
and/or
aspect to their ASC/DESC/IC/MC
Important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year

AND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

also

changes indicated may well occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

'.....There are eclipses that re-activate other eclipses
from decades earlier and 'repeat',
which MAY have significant impact
due to that eclipse degree remaining a sensitive point for years, decades,
even centuries.
Far longer than anyone had previously thought

A book to revolutionize the study of eclipses
at Cycles Research....'
http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html

BILL MERIDIAN
- a pupil of CHARLES JAYNE
has written a book explaining the effects of eclipses in natal astrology
as well as the effect of eclipses on cities and nations aka mundane astrology

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.

and

An eclipse
can link two places together.

JUPITERASC

as previously mentioned
ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree recur at intervals

and
previous SOLAR ECLIPSE on this degree occurred 21 August 1998
so events of that date have possibility of being re-highlighted :smile:

CptLuckyStarTV

Hello, I was just discussing this with my wife and decided to google "what doe the great amerircan eclipse and mercury in retrograde mean for america?" and this post came up in the hits. This is what my wife and I agree on, her being far more intuitive than I am. We think that given the fact that the eclipse only will be seen in America from one coast to the other, very significant. We happen to live where it will start on the Oregon Coast, madness is about to descend on our coastal county as the population is going to easily double or triple. What is very interesting is that we have one of the nations and worlds most dangerous earthquake off and on shore faults known as the Cascadia Subduction Zone, what's even more interesting is the path of the eclipse takes it over the U.S. mid west, also another very dangerous fault line known as the New Madrid, no we are not saying the eclipse is going to set off earthquakes, however they could be set off by man, the eclipse could be used as a ritual sacrifice by shall we say certain dark forces. Eclipses as you all may know have always been seen as Omens, we know there hasn't been one with this path in nearly 100 years! So is this one a portent of doom? That remains to be seen, but the current president could have been America's last chance to go towards the light and away from the dark, astrologically speaking looking at the U.S. natal chart. So far America is not going in the direction of the light, political disclaimer here, my wife and I are apolitical or what some call "political atheists" and don't get into politics we just call em like we see em. So to summarize could this "Great American Eclipse" be an Omen that America is in her final hour before some kind of cataclysm natural or man made is about to befall her? It's quite possible, after reading that the natal chart of the current president, ascendant is conjunct to the eclipse and of course the fact that we are in for a doosy of a Mercury retrograde, as we are already experiencing all kinds of communication problems, add to fact sun in Leo, which is my moon, no relevance but just thought I would mention it lol, we can't help wondering if it's all tied in and will play itself out in a positive or negative manner that will still benefit all? Another factor that may play into all this is is the economy and America being isolated from Western nations, this was in a prophetic manuscript written in the 80's, called "The Gathering Of The Eagles" should you want to read it, here is a link to that. http://www.ascensionnow.co.uk/the-gathering-of-the-eagles.html Where the scenario is, natural and man made disasters befall America and the economy collapses so America is left "eating humble pie" America's enemies opportunistic as they are, take full advantage of the weakened nation and flex their military might. Intuitively something has got to give as America has strayed so far away from her intended path being bought out by global corporate interests and meddling in other nations affairs, that our founding fathers would not even recognize her, and her karmic debt keeps growing!

dr. farr

In my analysis of the forthcoming eclipse I do "see" a potential for earthquake and/or volcanic activity in the far west of the US, and in the area of the Hawaiian islands, possibly also further south east from there.

conspiracy theorist

So, this bill just passed - https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/722/text

Haven't read it myself but it's speaks about sanctions against Iran and Russia. Allegedly, the president (in this case, Trump) is greatly restricted in his powers and is basically put in a place of subservience to the powers of congress. There are theories that it was penned by the shadow government in order to force Trump into a position where he would have to be hostile to Iran and Russia in particular, which has obvious implications for war.

Mars is currently cazimi in fire sign Leo and was conjunct the new moon yesterday. Regulus is a fixed star with Mars/Jupiter connotations - military.

conspiracy theorist

Mars cazimi in the fire sign Leo - what does it imply in interpretation aspect?

Cazimi is a dignity that brings into sharp and prominent focus whatever planet happens to be in the position. In this case, Mars is emphasized and with that emphasis comes with what Mars brings - aggressive/assertive energies that may manifest in drive, energy, invading boundaries and warfare if allowed to get out of hand. Leo is a very fiery sign which emphasizes these energetic traits of Mars more. Leo is also a "feral" sign which tends to mean the ability to be highly callous and aggressive without provocation/not caring to play by the "rules" if it doesn't suit their agenda - deliberately confrontational. There is a reason why Mars rejoices in the night sect and this is because he is more balanced and the destructive energies of Mars are more easily controlled and directed, the converse happens theoretically in a day chart. If Mars is allowed to be himself and his flames are fueled, then he tends to want to burn everything to ground (metaphorically speaking)

This energy signature is imprinted on the solar eclipse (added solar connotations) would influence the "character" of this eclipse immensely. Not to mention the significations of Regulus - where the North Node is. Put all of these elements together and you could see why an event such as a more aggressive call to war might be possible. The bill in that post you quoted as well as the discussion surrounding it are a manifestation of this aggressive, almost militaristic energy.

JUPITERASC

Cazimi is a dignity that brings into sharp and prominent focus whatever planet happens to be in the position. In this case, Mars is emphasized and with that emphasis comes with what Mars brings - aggressive/assertive energies that may manifest in drive, energy, invading boundaries and warfare if allowed to get out of hand. Leo is a very fiery sign which emphasizes these energetic traits of Mars more. Leo is also a "feral" sign which tends to mean the ability to be highly callous and aggressive without provocation/not caring to play by the "rules" if it doesn't suit their agenda - deliberately confrontational. There is a reason why Mars rejoices in the night sect and this is because he is more balanced and the destructive energies of Mars are more easily controlled and directed, the converse happens theoretically in a day chart. If Mars is allowed to be himself and his flames are fueled, then he tends to want to burn everything to ground (metaphorically speaking)

This energy signature is imprinted on the solar eclipse (added solar connotations) would influence the "character" of this eclipse immensely. Not to mention the significations of Regulus - where the North Node is. Put all of these elements together and you could see why an event such as a more aggressive call to war might be possible. The bill in that post you quoted as well as the discussion surrounding it are a manifestation of this aggressive, almost militaristic energy.

Those with a chart angle such as ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC
at 29 degrees Leo
or
a natal planet at 29 degrees Leo
could potentially be impacted
by the 21 August 2017 eclipse on REGULUS a powerful fixed star

HOWEVER
keep in mind that
as dr. farr often reminds us

it is the TOTALITY OF INFLUENCES
(including star influences)
upon a planet or other horoscopic point, that COUNTS
it is NEVER just one astrological indication in isolation that "causes" anything :smile:
so study the natal promise of the chart
and

important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year

AND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree
recur at intervals

changes indicated may occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

note that
eclipse events commence a theme when a transiting planet
conjuncts the degree of a forthcoming eclipse
and
since eclipses recur at regular intervals on a particular degree
one may check back over the years
and track recurrent themes of particular eclipses

TRADITIONAL RULES FOR JUDGING ECLIPSES http://www.skyscript.co.uk/eclipserules.html

Amongst those who study Eclipses from an astrological perspective
it is common knowledge from ancient sources
that an eclipse life span is based upon the length of time that the light from the Sun
is temporarily blocked during a Solar Eclipse
OR when a shadow is cast upon the Moon during a Lunar eclipse.

Nasa's Fred Espanek's astronomical data is gathered from numerous eclipses http://www.mreclipse.com/

On these detailed data pages we find important information regarding
Eclipse “shadow periods”
and learn that these can last for up to four hours and longer

and
according to ancient sources, the number of hours a Solar Eclipse total “shadow period” lasts
is equal to the length of time in years that its effects can last.
So Eclipse effects may "be triggered" at any time within those years
by any planet transiting/aspecting that particular eclipse degree.

Although Lunar Eclipses are said to have an influence of up to six months
their effects have been observed to last much longer.
Astrologers agree that the prenatal eclipse degree is a “sensitive point” of the natal chart
which rewards careful observation
because the prenatal eclipse degree is potentially “active” for a lifetime

Senecar

Cazimi is a dignity that brings into sharp and prominent focus whatever planet happens to be in the position. In this case, Mars is emphasized and with that emphasis comes with what Mars brings - aggressive/assertive energies that may manifest in drive, energy, invading boundaries and warfare if allowed to get out of hand.
The bill in that post you quoted as well as the discussion surrounding it are a manifestation of this aggressive, almost militaristic energy.

Wouldn't Sun weaken Mars which is too close together? Or does it strengthen?

JUPITERASC

Wouldn't Sun weaken Mars which is too close together?
Or does it strengthen?
dr. farr highlights several issues
Also, this forthcoming eclipse will have a great deal of connection with Gemini, via the (Manilius) decan of Gemini: while the sign Gemini is in the 8th whole sign house of the eclipse chart (for the US population center, Plato MO), its whole sign cusp (14 Gemini) being in opposition to the Saturn/Dark Moon Lilith conjunction in 2nd house Sagittarius, the Gemini DECANS, around the signs of the chart, posit:
-the eclipse itself (Sun/Moon/North Node)
-Mars
-the Saturn/Dark Moon Lilith conjunction
-Uranus
....a total of 7 astrological elements! Plus, of course, the eclipse will be over the US, which (according to most in mundane astrology) is under the "rulership" of Gemini. So, from my perspective, Gemini will be almost equally influenced by the upcoming eclipse as Leo.
Conjunctions to natal planets/chart points are most important :smile:
however squares require consideration

Given a three degree orb for Sun aspects
then the house in which your natal sun is located IS potentially impacted

by the way
at the time of the eclipse
HILLARY CLINTONs SATURN is conjuncted by transiting MARS as well

BUT
due to unreliable birth data for HRC
the house location of HRCS natal Saturn is uncertain
MULTIPLE ALTERNATIVE TIMES OF BIRTH FOR HILLARY CLINTON https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Clinton,_Hillary
ASTROLOGY PODCAST – HILLARY CLINTONS BIRTHTIME REVISITED
http://theastrologypodcast.com/2016/...ime-revisited/

bigredox

My birthday is July 25. Mercury is my friend. I have Leo sun, moon, venus, ascendant and house XII. I'm so leo it hurts. Type II bipolar with paranoid and schizo tendencies. Someone tell my doctors that I'm just being leo, lol.

Any life advice?