couples charts very similar

Hi, Im new here and only understand a little bit of astrology. I dont understand what aspects and conjucts are :/

This is my chart and my partners, they ar both very similar and I am wondering why that is and what it means for us.

Thank you for any replies

my chart

Zodiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Scorpio 7.27 Ascendant Scorpio 16.12
Moon Taurus 29.14 II Sagittarius 16.06
Mercury Sagittarius 0.46 III Capricorn 24.20
Venus Scorpio 5.16 IV Pisces 4.03
Mars Virgo 11.03 V Aries 5.29
Jupiter Leo 3.46 VI Aries 28.37
Saturn Pisces 23.31 R VII Taurus 16.12
Uranus Virgo 22.50 VIII Gemini 16.06
Neptune Scorpio 21.23 IX Cancer 24.20
Pluto Virgo 19.55 Midheaven Virgo 4.03
Lilith Pisces 23.41 XI Libra 5.29
Asc node Taurus 16.12 XII Libra 28.37

His chart

odiac in degrees 0.00 Placidus Orb:0
Sun Taurus 21.13 Ascendant Scorpio 17.58
Moon Libra 22.49 II Sagittarius 18.15
Mercury Gemini 3.27 R III Capricorn 27.36
Venus Taurus 11.10 IV Pisces 7.47
Mars Cancer 27.25 V Aries 8.40
Jupiter Taurus 10.59 VI Taurus 1.03
Saturn Cancer 27.48 VII Taurus 17.58
Uranus Scorpio 4.25 R VIII Gemini 18.15
Neptune Sagittarius 13.11 R IX Cancer 27.36
Pluto Libra 9.20 R Midheaven Virgo 7.47
Lilith Aries 21.25 XI Libra 8.40
Asc node Scorpio 12.40 XII Scorpio 1.03

Sorry it looks a mess, I copied and pasted what I had.

Again, thank you for any responses

hope that helps. Can I get a free synastry chart from same place ?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_denise_slater_hp.45098.18427.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_denise_slater_hp.45098.18427.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 20
  • astro_w2gw_02_phil_whitney_hp.45221.25588.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_phil_whitney_hp.45221.25588.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 30

raqun

I'm a beginner and I don't posses enough knowledge to interpret synastry charts yet, but From my understanding you are pretty compatible. Your charts are not "very similar". That said, the angles are close and you both have Scorpio ascendants which tells me you "get" each other. Aspects are pretty positive except some oppositions, most notably tight are -his Sun/your Neptune- (maybe he doesn't acknowledge some of your artistic abilities if there are any?). There's also a tight square between -his Uranus/your Jupiter- (suggests "opposites attract" at the beginning of the relationship, which can turn in to daily annoyances later on).

His Sun is also oposse your ascendant, but in this case I think it's workable, because it's like that in his own natal chart. All in all he seems to be a bit conflicted person. But in my opinion you can be quite a match if the weather is right..

I didn't quite get what exactly it was you were trying to ask.. your charts are not exactly "similar".

Take care.

in my first post, I read the placidus orb thing which I have no understanding of. we are only a few degrees out all the way down the line. I wondered why this was, both having Scorpio ascending maybe ?

You said he was conflicted, you are perfectly correct there but Im interested to know where that shows on the chart.

thanks raqun

raqun

If you are interested there is an education section on this forum, you can learn the basics about orbs, aspects, etc. there.

Well.. When you look at his chart there is the Ascendant(the lens trough which you present yourself to the world/are seen by others and how you, yourself see the world) opposition(conflicting energies, pulling one way or another) to his Sun(His potential, his inner true self).

There is also a tight conjunction(planets covering each other usually mixing their energies together) between Mars(assertion) and Jupiter(expansion), but they are in different houses(representing different areas of our existence).

There is overall a lot of squares, oppositions and , strangely, quincunx (harder aspects) versus little trines and sextiles (softer aspects) and that in itself represents some struggle inside, but it can be fruitful for self development and acceptance.

Last edited:
Ok thank you :)

Im trying to learn from the education section but it isnt sinking in too easily. Im thinking about drawing these up with a ruler and pencil to get the feel of what all the strange words mean and how aspects are good are bad.

raqun

Ok thank you :)

Im trying to learn from the education section but it isnt sinking in too easily. Im thinking about drawing these up with a ruler and pencil to get the feel of what all the strange words mean and how aspects are good are bad.

Then be prepared to reserve quite some time :) astrology is pretty vast. You'll get the most useful beginners info from books, for which recommendations you can also find on this forum.

Take care.